Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Blackhawk

Re: Random randomness

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:45 pm As for Goodwill and such Im sure I could get lots of paper boxes. I dont need that. I need more secure lidded boxes. Wild critters get in sometimes and gnaw and tear up. I want more security for the boxes and the stuff in them.
You really misinterpreted that suggestion.

I wasn't saying you should be getting boxes from Goodwill. I said you should be taking boxes to Goodwill.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:09 pm Thanks. I didn't go but did look on their website. Them and someone else..I think target....had some at Walmarts prices.
They do not typically list every available in-store item on the web site (especially inexpensive knick-knacks like plastic tubs and organizers), so you're better off visiting your local Harbor Freight store in person.

Having said that, Blackhawk raises a perfectly valid point. Your time and effort would likely be much better spent freeing up more space by taking superfluous clutter to Goodwill, and curbing your hoarder proclivities.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im curious.....does Walmart take EBT for Hickory Farms items?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I generally organize stuff in the following "piles"

* Do I need it today?

* Do I need it this week?

* Do I need it this MONTH?

* Do I need it this YEAR?

* Clearly stuff I don't need (anymore)
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

There are few things I hate more that putting my wet shower butt on a toilet seat. No matter how well you towel-dry a shower butt, it will always retain moisture for several minutes.

I could urinate standing up, but that would risk toilet/urine splashes on my freshly showered legs. I could have urinated while still in the shower, but I'm the guy who gets to clean the hair guard, and half the globe's population would judge me harshly regardless.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

That's why I use a contraption fashioned from a catheter, two trash bags (redundancy matters in these situations), a winch and pulley system, and a pair of lederhosen.
He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Sudy wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:56 pm I could have urinated while still in the shower, but I'm the guy who gets to clean the hair guard...
Do you live alone? If not, I've got news for ya...
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I hate a cold seat. Winter is always a ice cold toilet seat shock unless I turn on a space heater pointed at it for 30 min....and who can predict the future. I still sit there with the heater on me and my shirt stretched over my knees creating a warm tent...brrrr. The bathroom is the last room in the back corner. It sits on a concrete floor and no insulation in the walls.
Holman

Post by Holman »

As long as we're doing bathroom hacks...

Our bathroom lacks a fan/vent, so we use a dehumidifier to keep the steam down (more a problem in the summer than the winter).

The dehumidifier sits on the floor and blows its dry air straight up. Recently I realized that by standing astride it (once out of the bath or shower) it will perfectly dry my privates, butt crack, and lower back.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

Post by Default »

Ok...

I don't have a dehumidifier, but I have a food dehydrator. That should work.
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My cell phone hasn't been able to connect all evening. I was finally able to call my towns automated weather number but it errors and said could not be completed as dialed. Plz use the area code first. Did and it got through. But thats damn weird and I cant call anything else. My sister on Facebook said hers has been flaky all day.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Holman wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:29 pm As long as we're doing bathroom hacks...

Our bathroom lacks a fan/vent, so we use a dehumidifier to keep the steam down (more a problem in the summer than the winter).

The dehumidifier sits on the floor and blows its dry air straight up. Recently I realized that by standing astride it (once out of the bath or shower) it will perfectly dry my privates, butt crack, and lower back.
Random randomness has peaked, folks. Shut it down.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

+1
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Holman

Post by Holman »

AWS260 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:10 am

Random randomness has peaked, folks. Shut it down.
But I feel so fresh!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

That’s how I use the one we have in the finished basement.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

I had a meeting with a HR person today, and they were like, "do you have any questions"

so I says, Yes, I says, yes I do.

Is Flat Earther a protected class? If somebody shows up, fully qualified in every other way, but also claims to be a Flat Earther, could that be used as a reason to not hire them?

Flat Earther appears to be a sign of general idiocy, but it also appears more like a religion in how it completely ignores all basis of science and reason.
There are some jobs where this might matter less. Knowledge of the earths roundness of flatness generally would not impact somebody who grills steak for a living (for example), in that case, you would only be concerned about general idiocy.

But other professions, such as travel agent, or pilot, or sailor. Knowledge of the earths roundness is pretty important to daily work, and assuming the earth is flat could seriously hamper the job.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

And what did they say?

Being an anti-vaxxer doesn't seem to preclude you from working in a medical field. But not getting a covid shot might get you fired. I suspect any flat earther applying for a job in a field requiring globe math is going to rationalize the functional science somehow. That is if they're not 100% delusional and trying to prove something. But I doubt they're getting past the interview process in that case. Except for the one guy who slips through and becomes the subject of a Catch Me If You Can-style exposé after they get a shuttle blown up.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

It would be pretty funny to see if there are any professional surveyors that are flat-earthers - to verify that they're adjusting their measurements to remove the curve of the earth from all calculations. Teach the controversy!
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

And if they are applying as a pilot they have to take the secret circuitous routes that hide the flat earth truth.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:36 pm It would be pretty funny to see if there are any professional surveyors that are flat-earthers - to verify that they're adjusting their measurements to remove the curve of the earth from all calculations. Teach the controversy!
Well... it's more of a cabachon-earth, really... :geek:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Have you discussed making this into a business you run out of your own home? I mean, don't you think others might enjoy this?
He won. Period.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

The "you're in queue" hold music for the Lenovo Service Depot is a never ending loop of distorted sound blaster pro sounding music from a generic early 90s side scrolling video game. If I wasn't going insane before, 20 minutes of this is definitely pushing me in that direction.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

What a long day. Got up at 6:50 and hit the food stores around 8am. Got home at 9:30 and hit the shower. Then right back out to the funeral home for my uncle. Then the procession to the cemetery. What was cool was he was a firefighter. Battalion chief and stuff. So the way was not straight to the cemetery...it cut through the fire hall....right up the middle. The trucks were all out lined up with lights on and we went between them into the fire house itself which was lined by all the firemen on each side at attention. Then to the burial. Again Firefighter burial. Never seen one before. basically like the military which I have seen..flag and bagpiper and all.

The to get my covid booster. They almost didn't give it to me. Said it states you have to be 65 or older with underlying stuff or immune compromised in some way. After a bit they said I could go ahead and get it since I had filled everything out online and they had given me an appointment...shrug. Then to walmart...which didn't have what I wanted so off across town to the other Walmart. Came back to the car to a flat tire. &(^%%$ Lucky they had air a few feet away at their station.

Now Im washing clothes. But DAMN I cant believe a tire is bad AGAIN. We needed tired for years. I would air it up at home then we'd go to town and do our thing THEN in town Id have to air it up. Those little air stations are $2 each! We had to do that for almost 2 years before we could afford front tires. We got those in 2017. Then right after my wife died a rear started doing it.$^#%^#%$& ...I was able to get the tires for the back after a few months luckily. That was 2019. But now its a rear again. So prob a nail . Cant do anything until next month as I think it would be more than my $4. Argh I hate tires!!!!!
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:07 pm What a long day. Got up at 6:50 and hit the food stores around 8am. Got home at 9:30 and hit the shower.
Do you have a dehumidifier?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

No. The moisture dripping from the ceiling saves on water costs.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Enlarge Image
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I read somewhere that Afghanistan was the first US war that didn't leave any MIA or produce any unknown remains.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Because of the rain I had to go to the store an hour later than normal.
It surprising how much difference that makes. Normally I'd have gone tomorrow morning but it's supposed to be 29 degrees.

They need a little degree mark on the keyboard.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I just read where Johnson & Johnson are going to be split into two companies.
Can you make a joke about that?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Saw where after 140 years or so that GE is splitting up too.

Well my flat tire from yesterday is still aired up today. I can attribute that to me putting 40lbs in it yesterday to make sure I had enough to get home and its still leaky....or its sitting on the puncture so not leaking bad. Shall see in a few days I guess.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

dbt1949 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:30 am I just read where Johnson & Johnson are going to be split into two companies.
That was my first thought when I hear that last night. Joking aside, branding is going to be ??? Their spinning off their retail products and I only imagine that's going to hurt sales. J&J baby products (baby powder lawsuits aside) is a trust in a brand. Rebrand it and suddenly buying the generic becomes easier to do. (Spoken as somebody who only uses J&J baby shampoo and who would be in ??? if he walked in one day the shampoo was replaced by Classic Great Big Johnson for Babies Wash in the squirt bottle out of the blue)
Daehawk wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:42 am Well my flat tire from yesterday is still aired up today. I can attribute that to me putting 40lbs in it yesterday to make sure I had enough to get home and its still leaky....or its sitting on the puncture so not leaking bad. Shall see in a few days I guess.
Do you have a discount tire within driving range? Make an appointment and they'll inspect the tire for free. If it's a plug or simple rim reseal, they'll fix it for free. (though I always tip... Which is strange for me, as I tend to avoid tipped service, while at the same time it doesn't feel right to ask someone to work pro bono)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Got one on the other side of town. Stopped there once and they were so slow...really slow. Then they said they couldn't fix it when they looked at it. This was years ago. Was trying to get by until I bought new tires. Was finally able to...had 2 years before these new one have a leak lol.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

That sucks. I had been putting air in my tire a lot. Like you I was up to overfilling twice a week at 40 pounds, fearing I'd need a new rim and not wanting to deal with the hassle. Turns out it was a nail in the tire, and I haven't put in air in it for three weeks running now.

DT only work by appointment now, since COVID, so the wait is greatly reduced... unless you don't make an appointment. Then you're screwed. (I learned that the hard way)
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Client: We need to meet about this project sometime during the week of November 29.

Me: Great. How about 10:00am on December 2.

Client: No, that date does not work. As we said in our previous e-mail, the meeting will need to be during the week of November 29.

Me: Ummm... :?
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:28 am Client: We need to meet about this project sometime during the week of November 29.

Client: No, that date does not work. As we said in our previous e-mail, the meeting will need to be during the week of November 29.

He meant the FISCAL week...
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:32 am
Skinypupy wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:28 am Client: We need to meet about this project sometime during the week of November 29.

He meant the FISCAL week...
:lol:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

dbt1949 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:30 am I just read where Johnson & Johnson are going to be split into two companies.
Alas, it's long overdue that the fine and upstanding Johnson folks distance themselves from the disgraceful shenanigans of Johnson.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Anonymous Bosch wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:03 pm
Alas, it's long overdue that the fine and upstanding Johnson folks distance themselves from the disgraceful shenanigans of Johnson.
How do you know it's not one guy and his best friend.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter