Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Madmarcus

Re: Random randomness

Post by Madmarcus »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:32 pm Ive drank a large bottle of tequila since yesterday. As a teenager tequila was my favorite go to. As an adult i hate it . it stinks, tastes awful, and makes me sick at my stomach. it helps me a little but more sad now I think. No more of that. Yuck.
I'll echo the not great news unless you can keep up the no more part.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Can you pull up an image of a keyboard on your pad? Or touch typing on a board without keys might be interesting.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

If your mouse works, Microsoft has a free virtual keyboard. Link:
https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail ... n-us&gl=us
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:43 pm Well just gotmad and slammed my kb down and some keys flew off.....which pissedme off so e more and I beat the living shit out ofmykeyboard until it doesnt havea key remaining. Was goi g to clean itupbutky photos of the key placement are on my mechanical drives that i did t put in this old case....so no idea how to repair it if it still worx...pisting off a tablet.

think ill just stsp away for a while..nothi g else works so why shouldthe pc.....so if I dont post thats why...im on a tablet which i also hate to postthis.

Enlarge Image
Last edited by Anonymous Bosch on Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

The last time I moved was in 1999. I"m really not enthused about dealing with selling this house. So not enthused that I have entertained the idea of just calling the we buy ugly houses people to get it off my hands.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

OIn the laptop now......got the kbalmost back together...some pieces are perma broke some lost forecer...whatver.

Old yes...more bi polar thn old.

Need to find those pics I posted of the kb on last cleaning...dont know where the keys go unless i do

F it did it by memory and a small pic of my kb in my razer software.

EDIT found the post...pics are gone...now to look online...bet I dont know my printer pw to use it on this laptop
Last edited by Daehawk on Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Madmarcus wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:50 pm The last time I moved was in 1999. I"m really not enthused about dealing with selling this house. So not enthused that I have entertained the idea of just calling the we buy ugly houses people to get it off my hands.
That's a route we're considering. We'd have to spend a lot of money and deal with a lot of disruption to bring our house up to market value, because it's a fixer-upper as-is. Putting some values on "a lot" is the first step in that decision process. We're having it deep-cleaned on Monday and will get a realtor's market assessment soon after that. It might make more sense to let the next owner do the fixing up.

The contractor who recently rebuilt our front porch told me not to put the house on the market without calling her first. She wants to buy it -- not to flip, but to live in. She'd probably pay more than the ugly-houses people would -- although not in cash. Right now, a private sale looks mighty appealing.
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

Realistically this house needs lots of little exterior repairs to the siding and gutters, total overhaul of the yard, total interior painting, new windows all around, a new water heater, and some work in the kitchen just to get to ok but dated. Plus we have too much stuff. We'll declutter and get rid of stuff while moving but getting to showing state might be a tall order as we are fine with more furniture than the current zeitgeist likes.

Realistically we should simply hold onto this house until we move and then sell it after we move out. An as is sale by a realtor would probably get more than the ugly house people and the mortgage is low so we could cover it for a few months (the mortgage is paid off in March of next year) but we still need to hash out how that will work with cash flow and a potential new mortgage since we're early retirees and don't have any income right now.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Was running errands this morning and was accosted by one of my neighbors. A nice Muslim lady from the Middle East I often see roaming the neighborhood in her hijab. We hadn't really talked before other than to exchange waves or a "hello" when in speaking distance. Today she decided to strike up a conversation though, and it started like this:

Neighbor: "I see you all the time and you're never with a wife or children. Why is that?"

I'm a little shocked at the abruptness of this line of questioning, but I realize in her culture that bachelors might be a rarity. And that she may not realize that in our culture, it happens and it's really not something that you should approach a semi-stranger about in such an incredulous manner.

Me: "It's just not for me."

Neighbor (not taking the hint): "But no wife? No children? Why you not married?"

At this point, I'm desperately looking for a way out of the conversation. I mull over telling her I spent years in a couple of long term relationships when I was younger, but that I'm just not the type of person who has ever felt comfortable with settling down. Then I think to myself maybe I should just try to end this and all future conversations by telling her that I just never found a woman who was into nude rodeo combined with laser tag.

...but she doesn't let me get there.

Neighbor: "...no sense (couldn't make out the first part). Why no wife? No family?"

She was obviously very bothered by my living situation. I nervously looked at my car door wondering if I could just pull the old "Look, over there! It's Ricky Schroder!" and then hurl myself into my auto and speed off as she spun around while still asking "Who's Ricky Schroder?" at which point I'd yell out the window as I sped off "He was a highly relatable child actor in the 80s who grew up to become a Hallmark Movie Channel regular!".

But alas, I was polite and answered her.

Me: "Just not something I've ever felt compelled to do."

Neighbor: "So you like being (waves her hand in air) free?"

Me: "Sure, let's go with that."

Neighbor (and this is not embellishment): "Bah" then turns around and walks away.

I seriously think I made her mad for some reason.

Anyone know where I can rent a kid for an afternoon so she gets off my back?
He won. Period.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

If we can afford to buy a new house first, renovating the old one becomes more doable. It's so much faster and easier to work on an empty house. But then we'd have to make mortgage payments while paying for renovations for at least a few months, which is a double-whammy IDK if we can handle. The hypothetical new house will most likely need at least some updating, too.

We went through a financially precarious decade when we couldn't do even the most basic maintenance, and that's caught up with us now. We need ceilings replastered, wallpaper stripped and walls painted, and floors refinished or carpeted in every room. The kitchen dates to 1948, according to the date stamped on the bottom of the cast iron sink, and the linoleum tile floor is completely shot. The bathroom needs to be gutted and rebuilt. And like you, we've accumulated 30+ years worth of stuff that needs to be pared way down.

One step at a time. First we need to define our options and attach price tags to them, and I hope we'll have that much nailed down by the end of this year.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

hepcat wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:23 am Was running errands this morning and was accosted by one of my neighbors. A nice Muslim lady from the Middle East I often see roaming the neighborhood in her hijab. We hadn't really talked before other than to exchange waves or a "hello" when in speaking distance. Today she decided to strike up a conversation though, and it started like this:

Neighbor: "I see you all the time and you're never with a wife or children. Why is that?"

I'm a little shocked at the abruptness of this line of questioning, but I realize in her culture that bachelors might be a rarity. And that she may not realize that in our culture, it happens and it's really not something that you should approach a semi-stranger about in such an incredulous manner.

Me: "It's just not for me."

Neighbor (not taking the hint): "But no wife? No children? Why you not married?"

At this point, I'm desperately looking for a way out of the conversation. I mull over telling her I spent years in a couple of long term relationships when I was younger, but that I'm just not the type of person who has ever felt comfortable with settling down. Then I think to myself maybe I should just try to end this and all future conversations by telling her that I just never found a woman who was into nude rodeo combined with laser tag.

...but she doesn't let me get there.

Neighbor: "...no sense (couldn't make out the first part). Why no wife? No family?"

She was obviously very bothered by my living situation. I nervously looked at my car door wondering if I could just pull the old "Look, over there! It's Ricky Schroder!" and then hurl myself into my auto and speed off as she spun around while still asking "Who's Ricky Schroder?" at which point I'd yell out the window as I sped off "He was a highly relatable child actor in the 80s who grew up to become a Hallmark Movie Channel regular!".

But alas, I was polite and answered her.

Me: "Just not something I've ever felt compelled to do."

Neighbor: "So you like being (waves her hand in air) free?"

Me: "Sure, let's go with that."

Neighbor (and this is not embellishment): "Bah" then turns around and walks away.

I seriously think I made her mad for some reason.

Anyone know where I can rent a kid for an afternoon so she gets off my back?
Tell her: I'm from New Hampshire.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

? :?
He won. Period.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Somebody help him out.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Spoiler:
NH state motto: Live Free or Die
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Ah, I assumed it was because of their extensive granite formations and quarries.
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

That, and the libertarian bears.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Would have been better if you just said,

"Married? Do you think anyone can handle my thunder?

Enlarge Image
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

hepcat wrote:Anyone know where I can rent a kid for an afternoon so she gets off my back?
I’ve got your back, dude.

In her culture, being single is suspicious. You must be scary to women, or something. And she won’t be able to try finding you a match.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Zarathud wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:35 am You must be scary to women, or something.

Let’s go with “or something”. It give me some wiggle room.
Smoove_B wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:13 am Would have been better if you just said,

"Married? Do you think anyone can handle my thunder?
It’s the lightning they should be worried about!

……….
…..yeah, I didn’t have anything. Sorry. :(
He won. Period.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:11 am That, and the libertarian bears.
Any relation to the Berenstein Bears?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

What do Libertarians and the Berenstain bears have to do with granite formations and quarries? Or my thunder, for that matter? :?
Last edited by hepcat on Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Jaymann wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:50 am
Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:11 am That, and the libertarian bears.
Any relation to the Berenstein Bears?
Not in this universe.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

hepcat wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:54 am What do Libertarians and the Berenstain bears have to do with granite formations and quarries? Or my thunder, for that matter? :?
Have you considered carrying around a Dakimakura pillow with Yennifer from the Witcher on it? I think it would communicate that you're not only a man of taste but that people should probably maintain a 10' distance at all times.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

And give up Plushie Bea!?!?!
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Go for the combo and get the plushie and pillow to go with the bedspread.

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

So many targets!
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Bukkacomforter
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

Sudy wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:20 am "Take D'Artagnan here to sickbay." :lol:

Seems so out of character.
I love that line, and would have posted it if you hadn't. :D

Also, my wife's name is the one from Captain Kevin Thomas Riley's favorite song.

I'm sorry, but there'll be no ice cream for you tonight.
Conform or be cast out!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Whoa

My wife floored me last night by pointing out that, due to recent world events, James Bond no longer works for her majesty's secret service.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He now works for Chuck’s Service.
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I did not know baseball had a team like the Globetrotters for their sport.

Look up Savannah Bananas. They have some good dances :)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Quantum Leap is coming back !?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Unagi wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:49 pm Quantum Leap is coming back !?
Yes.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

This did not need to be.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

There are more things in heaven and earth, Daehawk, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:02 pm
Yes.
Oh boy!

Well I’m not sure if I’ll end up watching it , but it’s a great premise for a show and I’m happy if it’s successful.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I root for Randall Park and have enjoyed his work thus far, so I hope this is good.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Definitely a plus casting Randall Park. He's a fantastic comic actor with a lot of range. If I watch, it will be almost solely due to him.
He won. Period.
Fardaza

Post by Fardaza »

I never watched the original. (I assume there was an original since it's coming back.) So I don't have an opinion.

I don't waste time watching TV.
I waste my time playing video games and board games.

:tjg: