Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jaymon

Re: Random randomness

Post by Jaymon »

Chaufa Peruvian fried rice seem to be a lot of different ways to make it

hot dogs, yes or no?
ginger, should I peel it before shredding?
garlic, yes or no ?
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im sad today. It rains then the sun shines then it rains and the sun shines then. Its like my emotions. Mother's Day is coming up. Moms been gone since 93. Used to buy my wife things and say they were from our little dog. My birthday is Monday then the day after Mother's Day. Just me and Buster.

It'll pass as always but will come back. Feels like a gaming day. Maybe a little THC will help.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

They delivered my groceries to the wrong place. They refunded my money and gave me free deliveries for the month.
Evidently the delivery people take a picture if their deliveries, or in this case their wrong delivery.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Just got my delivery. This person must have called 4 time trying to find my place. Never had any problems until today. I think these last two drivers must have been city folk.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

To be fair, "turn left when you see three goats" doesn't narrow it down all that much.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im not sure how many houses 'on the right' I am these days to tell anyone. They've built businesses and some houses sit way off the road and others moved ..I just kinda guess. Then again I dont really get many deliveries.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

My directions end like this: There is a beautiful white Victorian house on the corner. Mine is the run down one next door that's painted the color of peach vomit.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

GPS generally does a perfect job directing me to any address, even remarkably remote ones.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

In my address you need to include the word "east". IE East Milkrun or Milkrun East.
The road coming up the hill is West Milkrun. Once you get up top it becomes East Milkrun.
So people who don't use that can't find me.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

What makes it fun here is that the roads outside of town often include contradictory cardinal directions. My landlady's address (with altered numbers) is 2468 East County Road 400 West.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My road is pretty straight forward and almost all end on a 20 or a 30 or so on. One side gets higher the other gets lower. The only change is when a house is built between two older properties like next door when my father in law sold some land. They get a 5 at the end like 1085.

We have this one subdivision built in the 1970s though that has no damn discernible rhyme or reason to it's numbering at all. It was right beside where I grew up. When I was older I delivered pizza and everyone hated getting an order there. I swear no order...go in and 865 then 870 then 1502 then 250....and it was a big subdivision too.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Remember the olde days of Box 123 Rte 3 Prairie Creek?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Most days, I walk down Parkside Drive and Parkside Circle. They intersect, and neither of them are beside a park.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Back when I lived in Minot, ND there was an apartment building labeled Lakeview Apartments.

The closest lake was Lake Darling which was 40 miles away.

Sorry Lakeview residents, you've been sold an empty promise.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

My mother lives in a subdivision that seems to make fun of this concept.
There isn't a river, island, point, lake, or harbor anywhere to be found.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

In Dallas, the Northpark Mall is on Northpark road. The road to the north of it is Park road.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

dbt1949 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 2:57 pm Remember the olde days of Box 123 Rte 3 Prairie Creek?
ha when I first moved here in 1988 it was still a rt# box# address. Before that it was even something older....and dirt road.

Also my addy has Pike in it and SW. Sometimes people send stuff to Park instead of Pike and it arrives. But if they leave off the SW sometimes it wont...and theres no other direction for a Pike here that I know of for my road.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Around here, things are named after the natural wildlife known for the locale that was destroyed to make room for it. Pheasant Run. Blue Heron Way. Willow Creek apartments. Deerfield Park. Sunflower subdivision. Meadow Village. Evergreen Homes. Fox Hills. Etc...
Holman

Post by Holman »

I grew up in Atlanta, where it seems like every third road is named "Peachtree": Peachtree Boulevard, Peachtree Drive, Peachtree Street, Peachtree Battle Boulevard, Peachtree Route 1, Peachtree State Highway, etc etc.

I assume it's hell on GPS and that nothing works without a zip code added.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Maybe thats why we have a Deer Park in the middle of town. Its one block big and has been there for ages...longer than I've been around.

And ya Peachtree is also a damn long road. Runs the entirety of Atlanta. I remember visiting Lenox Square Mall in 1987 or 1988 with my wife.

Cool thing was our Zestos was gone but Atlanta had a few...still do. I think I ate 6 chilidogs. So good.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Covid really helped put the smack down on two stores me and my wife used a lot snd loved but I cant find anything in now days.

Dollar General was one. It seemed to be growing better and better all the time. We bought our candy there, cokes were always on sale, paper towels and paper plates. All kinds of stuff. But since the pandemic the shelves have been bare in lots of spots for 2 years. Ive actually simply given up on them. They used to help me save money but now theres zilch I want there. Nothing is stocked. Other stores recovered...DG has not. At this rate after building all those stores I can see them going out of business.

Save A Lot is the other. its a discount food store. I noticed right after my wife passed a couple regular items were no longer there. Things we'd purchased for years and years. Then Covid brought it down even worse. Then to top ot off someone new bought the store. They kept it a Save A Lot but its the same guy who owns all the convenience stores in town and he has brought in beer and cigs and crap and removed a lot of good stuff. I think it may be indians and they are getting their extra stuff someplace new. The items aren't the same quality. And now prices have went higher than Walmart or other stores. It SUCKS.

So now Walmart gets most of my monthly money. I hate that. My wife would hate that. But I do what I can to save. SAL I can see changing but I have no idea why DG is running itself into the ground.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Dae, that's everywhere. Even Walmart is a crap shoot as to which shelves will be empty. And discount, cheapy products are now what the full price offerings were before, while the full price offerings are much higher.

It's just the world now.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I hate seeing big old trees uprooted from storms. Not to say anything of damaged homes and injured or killed people. But just talking trees it took so long for them to grow to that size and yet with their small root area they get toppled. I wish people could replant them...sit them up and wire them down.....but I never see that done. I know we couldn't afford to do it on all the giant trees we've lost. Just a shame to lose them.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Apparently four months is as long as I am willing to go without trimming a mustache and trimmed mustache looks out of place with beard that also hasn't been trimmed in four months. In the before times, this would have led to a massive change in facial hair. It's good to have lost nearly all sense of vanity.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Man I miss our Godfathers Pizza sometimes.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Daehawk wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:04 pm I hate seeing big old trees uprooted from storms. Not to say anything of damaged homes and injured or killed people. But just talking trees it took so long for them to grow to that size and yet with their small root area they get toppled. I wish people could replant them...sit them up and wire them down.....but I never see that done. I know we couldn't afford to do it on all the giant trees we've lost. Just a shame to lose them.
Dunno if you've ever been to Muir Woods, but downed trees in nature make great habitats, and sometimes they even keep living - there are a number like this image... where the tree toppled and branches start growing towards the Sun!

Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

They also keep the soil rich, and each giant tree that falls allows enough sun through the canopy to allow a dozen small ones to grow.

Trees have evolved to take advantage of the endless cycle.
Fardaza

Post by Fardaza »

Muir Woods National Monument was one of my best accidental finds! I told someone when I was visiting in San Francisco that I wanted to see some giant trees. They told me to go to there.

I walked in, talked to the ranger for about 5 minutes, and then walked to the outer hiking ring. I found a nice quiet spot and sat there (mostly alone) for about an hour and a half. There was a giant slug about 6 feet from me that held my attention for a long time. What a great memory!
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Here locally we have the DBT National Monument.
I call it my back yard. Hasn't been mowed since July of last year. Lawnmower is currently in the shop.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Dont you have goats?
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Not for many moons. Have two really olde shaved Yorkies but they don't eat much. Unless I'm having a ham sandwich.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

hehehe :D
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I constantly see this internet 'simulated news' advertisement and wonder if everyone else sees the same thing.

For me, it says: "Illinois Gov Will Cover the Cost to Install Solar If You Live Here" and then it always has the same picture of what appears to be a politician in a suit. The thing is, this isn't Illinois' Governor, nor anyone else in Illinois Government. I believe it's a stock photo. What's really very odd about it, to me, is that it's a very specific-looking man. He's a person of color, bald, but with a very striking white beard. Basically, he's someone you would know if you've ever really seen before, and so in this case, it's sorta like a give-away that the 'news' is just a bullshit ad.

Anyone else see this man in their "Will Cover the Cost to Install Solar" news?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:04 pm They also keep the soil rich, and each giant tree that falls allows enough sun through the canopy to allow a dozen small ones to grow.
Plus, they're super quiet if no one's around when they fall!
Covfefe!
Holman

Post by Holman »

Unagi wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:04 am I constantly see this internet 'simulated news' advertisement and wonder if everyone else sees the same thing.

For me, it says: "Illinois Gov Will Cover the Cost to Install Solar If You Live Here" and then it always has the same picture of what appears to be a politician in a suit. The thing is, this isn't Illinois' Governor, nor anyone else in Illinois Government. I believe it's a stock photo. What's really very odd about it, to me, is that it's a very specific-looking man. He's a person of color, bald, but with a very striking white beard. Basically, he's someone you would know if you've ever really seen before, and so in this case, it's sorta like a give-away that the 'news' is just a bullshit ad.

Anyone else see this man in their "Will Cover the Cost to Install Solar" news?
The algorithm tailors clickbait links to what it knows about you. I've never seen the one you describe, but I get a bunch of "New Assistance for Pennsylvania Drivers" and "People Over 50 Are Thrilled About This New Thing" ads with obvious stock photos.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Holman wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:13 am The algorithm tailors clickbait links to what it knows about you. I've never seen the one you describe, but I get a bunch of "New Assistance for Pennsylvania Drivers" and "People Over 50 Are Thrilled About This New Thing" ads with obvious stock photos.
I used to get those all the time but then ad block suddenly started working against them. I don't see them anymore.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I still find Nancy Wilson a total babe.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Fardaza wrote:Muir Woods National Monument was one of my best accidental finds! I told someone when I was visiting in San Francisco that I wanted to see some giant trees. They told me to go to there.

I walked in, talked to the ranger for about 5 minutes, and then walked to the outer hiking ring. I found a nice quiet spot and sat there (mostly alone) for about an hour and a half. There was a giant slug about 6 feet from me that held my attention for a long time. What a great memory!
It is one of my favorite places on the planet.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Muir Woods is pretty magical if you have most of the day to spend there, or are an avid hiker. You can hike your way all the way to Baker Beach if you want, or make 1 of the 3 different loops for different lengths (short, medium, or long), but it was isolated enough that you should only go there on a tour bus.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The picture is pretty.