Star Wars: The Old Republic

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Mrs Nym

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Mrs Nym »

BREAKING NEWS ON CHARACTER TRANSFERS

Don't dawdle! If you've been putting off transferring anyone, now's the time, you bums.

Been thinking of consolidating my money on servers I used to play on and transferring one or two characters just to get those funds. Guess I'd better get to deciding. :think:
Currently playing: Palia
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

Any idea why server transfers cost anything? It's something that's always seemed like it should be free unless abused.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Because it's EA making money.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Mrs Nym

Post by Mrs Nym »

Cartel Market Changes For Week Of 04/26

Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Fitzy wrote:Any idea why server transfers cost anything? It's something that's always seemed like it should be free unless abused.
Rumpy wrote:Because it's EA making money.
Blizzard charges for transfers in WOW, thought most of the other games did as well? (F2P, Sub, Hybrid - all charge don't they?)
Mrs Nym

Post by Mrs Nym »

Zenn7 wrote:
Fitzy wrote:Any idea why server transfers cost anything? It's something that's always seemed like it should be free unless abused.
Rumpy wrote:Because it's EA making money.
Blizzard charges for transfers in WOW, thought most of the other games did as well? (F2P, Sub, Hybrid - all charge don't they?)
I can't think of any MMO I've ever played that doesn't charge for transfers.

That being said, I still think it's stupid that any of them do so. Being charged extra just to play with your friends... :angry-nono:
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Mrs Nym wrote:Cartel Market Changes For Week Of 04/26

I might just spring for the EQ authorization at that price.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Mrs Nym

Post by Mrs Nym »

Here's what's happening in SWTOR in the month of May

https://torcommunity.com/database/swtor ... s-may-2016
Mrs Nym

Post by Mrs Nym »

For those who PVP:

1) You disgust me.

2) This week you get double warzone commendations, as well as double XP, so get to murdering :)
Mrs Nym

Post by Mrs Nym »

COME ONE, COME ALL :horse:
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Done! :D
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Mrs Nym

Post by Mrs Nym »

Cheap character transfers are back for a limited time.
Mrs Nym

Post by Mrs Nym »

:icon-lol:
PLW

Post by PLW »

Anybody still playing? I downloaded and am planning on playing for the first time tonight.
PLW

Post by PLW »

It's fun. I've run a smuggler and Jedi knight to Coruscant and fiddled a bit with a Sith.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

So that awesome trailer they released last week got me all interested in TOR again, so I resubbed for a month today.

I kinda forgot how bad it sucks trying to remember how to play a game you've been away from for 9 months now. I'll be jumping back into the story (starting with chap 10), but can't for the life of me remember how the gear grind works. Something with...gems, maybe? I'm so lost...
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
morlac

Post by morlac »

Skinypupy wrote:So that awesome trailer they released last week got me all interested in TOR again, so I resubbed for a month today.

I kinda forgot how bad it sucks trying to remember how to play a game you've been away from for 9 months now. I'll be jumping back into the story (starting with chap 10), but can't for the life of me remember how the gear grind works. Something with...gems, maybe? I'm so lost...

Same boat due to that trailer and having re watched the entire SW saga with my daughter recently :). Haven't played yet but it's all patched up. Maybe tonight. Ill be starting a new character.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Question on characters...
I can make a lvl 60. Im guessing I only get one of these. If I delete it can I make another lvl 60? Or is it a 1 shot deal?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Since coming back Im feeling like 2 things are off.

1. I can barely zoom out . It seems like I used to zoom way out much further than I can now.

2. I was on as my shadow and noticed my cloak button was missing. I had to turn both character's hotbars back on and as far as I can tell I have them all on. 2 left 2 right and then those at the bottom. But I could swear in the old days I had 3 bars on my right side and on the missing bar I had some icons like my cloak skill button. Am I missing a hotbar ? If so how do I get it back? I cant find it in the interface setup menu.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well this is a great bug. I killed Malgus and clicked the shuttle console and accepted I won the mission and then it just left me here on the exploding station with no way off. the mission says I talk to the head guy on Ilum again. I guess Im going to have to use a fleet pass now to get out and then fly to Ilum to finish...dang bug. hope it doesn't mess the quest up.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I find it relaxing to be fighting Darth Malgus while enjoying the smooth sounds of Star Wars Disco from Meco.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive been gone a year so maybe Im doing something wrong or dont know something that is new...but are looted items a lot better than what I can build now?

Im lvl 55 and have been building my armor and weapons since low lvl. building as in they are the orange type I can mod up. I just put the best mods in my light saber that I can use at my lvl and got it to 612 damage. But I have a looted blue con saber in my inv that is 800+ damage.

Whats going on with that?.....should I just start using looted stuff and forget my modded armor and weps?

If I do that how do I keep my look that I have in appearance?.. I worked hard and spent a lot of cash in the day to look my look as it is.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

with the new update crafting is back to being helpful but only high end stuff unless you wanted to equip new alts you are starting. Gear from running Heroics will do you just fie up to 65 and then at 70 the gear you get when you get a Command crate for leveling command are about the best around. My command crates are now dropping rare schematics for the best gear around but require crafting level of 600 and lots of rare drop only in hard FPs, command ops and other equally hard type events.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I put all my modded items in the bank and spent about 100K on each of my characters buying everything off the market. Now Im nmuch better equipped. I used my old stuff to use as my appearance stuff so I look the same.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Lvl 58 and finished Makeb. Guess I can start the Revan stuff now if I find it. Or I can go to Ilum. Not sure. Guess Ill try and start Revan.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Is anyone here "Meloncholy" on Shadowlands? You wound up as guild master of Quorem of Quarren. Are you still playing? If not (but if you don't mind logging in), can you pass leadership to Mrs. Nym's character "Olexei"? I think she was leader but then deleted a character without realizing she'd lose leadership automatically, and now all her alts are recruits meaning she can't invite me. :?

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Hey Sudy. Ya thats my co main. I forget Im in guilds with my two guys except for that login msg of the day lol. Ill do that in a few min. Didn't even know that was a OO guild.

EDIT: Done! :)
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

You all got me almost interested in re-subbing. Do they still have that rail shooter space game? It's a poor sub for the space game in SWG but I still like it.

Also, did the Frog-Dogs ever win the Huttball championship?
There is no hug button. Sad!
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

they have the rail shooter space game but also another non-rail PvP space game which is mostly dominated by subscription players.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Daehawk wrote:Hey Sudy. Ya thats my co main. I forget Im in guilds with my two guys except for that login msg of the day lol. Ill do that in a few min. Didn't even know that was a OO guild.

EDIT: Done! :)
Thanks Daehawk! She felt really silly. Feel free to enjoy the guild as you see fit, I'll ask her to pump up your own access. These days it's pretty just an alt farm I believe.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Very welcome and thanks. Thats a shame. Back Jan or last year both my guilds were full of people. Now both are dead it seems.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Well, back when I was still playing, the two of us were the only one ever on for the most part. It was a struggle to get more interested in playing. When I hit my max level in F2P, i had no desire to go back. I had already played all the storylines.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I had the Revan stuff years ago but I just ran dailies with my friend to lvl and get prestige. Noe I can play by myself and do more and make more exp.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Any ideas on why I dont have the title Emperor's Wrath? Looking online all it says to get it is to finish the Yavin story missions lvl 60. I'm like lvl 68 and if Im on Rishi should I not have done Yavin? I mean it would have been back before I left so I dont remember. I may have to go there and do story quest or find out what Ive done wrong.

EDIT: Looks like it may have been removed due to people complaining. No idea why they would complain about it....seems a cool title and one I worked hard on story wise. Seems they replaced it with Darth which I do have.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I QUIT!!!!!! I quit ! I quit! I quit IQuitIquitIquitIquit!

The area Im in is SO damn buggy that I cant continue my story with my Jedi. Had a few issues with my Sith in the same area but got past it...this time I cant . So damn buggy. Im in the area where I do fights to get to Shai Visla. I have to kill a big elite then go do 3 areas each wit ha elite of some type. Then Im supposed to fight this married couple who are Mandalotians THEN Shai. But when I get to that pair to fight together the whole thing just bugs the hell out on me. My robot will simply stand off away and do nothing. My companion with lay on the ground like she is dead and sometimes pop up alive looking then back on the ground.The whole time doing no healing. Worst of all is the pair of mercs. Ill get them to nearly dead and they will reset to full health and start the fight all over again...and again...and again. I got mad the first time and alt f4'd and left. Later just now when I returned I had to do the entire area again to get back to them. So I tried even harder this go. Almost had then 6 times but the fight just kept resetting. Alt f4'd again. I quit. buggy piece of mother fucking crap.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I was in game bemoaning the fact that both times I had unsub'd that they gave away free new companions...Nicco once and then Shae Vizla the next go. Someone said I can do a quest for each of them now and still get them. Anyone done this? Im trying to find info online about it but it seems slim and far between with any real info on actually finding and getting them.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Since Ive been back Ive not seen any guild mates on. Not thought anything of it. 3 days ago I get a guy wanting to join the guild so I invited him. We always had the ability to invite and were told to invite anyone and everyone.

Then tonight I decided to see if anyone was on and checked the guild info in game. F me. Im the only one left it seems because Im now GM. Whoever was GM either left and I was next in line or they made me GM then left. And heres the bad part. The yalso set it to make anyone go gets invited to the rank of officer. And ya you guessed it...the guild bank needs to be rank offer or GM to access it. OH SHIT!

Go to the bank and sure enough its bare. Look at the log and the guy I invited is page after page or withdrawls . Sigh.

Got rid of them and made all others still listed in the guild to Lt and below. I plan to use the guild bank as my own personal storage since it seems Im the only one left in the guild who plays.

But damnit!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Is the only way to get the HK-51 companion to still do the huge time consuming convoluted quest for him?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im not liking the lack of a recall point on the Gravestone. Seems strange they left it out. At least they provide some speeders in that damn swamp.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

They really did not bug check this Eternal addon. Im fighting outside the Gravestone and because of a bug Im stuck. I am supposed to talk to Lana...she has the thing above her head and all. But Im in combat and cant talk. But also the 3 knights I need to fight are in some kind of shield bubble and they are stuck that way. I cant hack through it to do any damage at all. So Im stuck...cant do a thing. thinking maybe if I log out and in it may fix it. But this kind of bug should not even exist.