Printer stopped working

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

The Mad Hatter

Printer stopped working

Post by The Mad Hatter »

I've had a Canon i560 printer for over a year now, and until this past month everything worked fine. Recently though it's just stopped working. When I boot the computer it shows as offline, and though I can set it as online I can't seem to communicate with it from my computer. Nothing prints and it won't do any kind of automatic tests or alignments. The USB cables are in place, no paper jams or anything like that.

The only thing I can think of is that I upgraded my BIOS around the same time. I really have no idea why that would fry my printer connection; it's not the USB connectors because I can still download pictures from my digital camera.

Any advice would be nifty.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- George Orwell
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Get the manual and do the printer self-test. Usually it involves holding down one of the buttons while turning on the printer. Next woudl be to replace all the cartridges.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

I recommend that you uninstall the printer driver and reinstall driver.

Also, if you know how to go into the registry and delete ALL canon folders before reinstalling the driver, do it.
The Mad Hatter

Post by The Mad Hatter »

It turned out to be a cable problem - that is, the stupid cable wasn't plugged in. My bad.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- George Orwell