STARSHIP R.SCOTT (WW Game) - Game Over.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Grundbegriff

Re: STARSHIP R.SCOTT (WW Game) Day Two

Post by Grundbegriff »

Chaosraven wrote:Yet we continue to avoid doing so, based on the Convict vs Crew numbers for winning.
Yep. It might turn out that one human team or another needs to forsake the goal of sub-victory and take one for the species.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Grundbegriff wrote:My concern with you is more a question of rhetorical style and tells. I think of our mission as (ultimately) to remove the Alien contamination. You, Lagom Lite, think of that same mission in terms of conserving the Engineers (natural allies to the Alien brood).
What? I'm no more interested in conserving the Engineers than I am in conserving Chaosraven. Chaosraven could be the symbiont. But it doesn't matter. If we are lucky we can win tomorrow, and we do so by lynching the remaining alien - assuming there is only one, and unfrozen. I don't care if the Engineers are allied to the alien or whatnot. I care about finding the last alien and thusly win. It might be a longshot since there might be more than one alien or the alien(s) might be frozen, but if you have a better idea I'd like to hear it.

As for "rhetorical style and tells"... well, I don't know how to respond to that tbh.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Remus West wrote:Yet another reason to believe Grundbegriff is not a Convict but rather is an Alien. Which makes three but I'll save the third until tomorrow.
I can only assume that you're riding me in this way because you're an Alien seeking cover. I'm Nick Nolte, and I always have been.

If you're really so concerned about framing me as an Alien, go ahead and convert me. Then you'll know for sure. ;)
Throwing either Engineer or Chaosraven out is stupid.
It's not ideal. But as long as Team Convict maintains its numerical advantage, we can spare one hit on an Alien Convert instead of the Original.

Again: don't frame me as someone who recommends going after Engineers at this stage; I'm merely pointing out how Lagom Lite thinks about the issue.
I am riding you this way because your arguments do not make sense when taken in context of what I am saying.

You are saying that we could spare the hit on an Alien Convert and thus should be considering throwing one of the Engineers or Chaosraven out on suspicion that they MIGHT be an Alien.

I am saying that it is stupid to look at airlocking one of those three currently because we do not even know there is more than 1 Alien remaining. Since all we can be certain of is that single Alien then looking for it is the only path that currently makes sense. We lynch an Alien from the original grouping and then we worry about who may or may not have been converted if we are still getting the "Alien presence" messages.

You are convieniently ignoring the content of what I am saying and trying to intentionally misconstrue it to serve your own purposes. So let me boil it down to the basics for you:

Remus - We know there is still an Alien from day 1. Lets search for that.
Grundbegriff - Don't forget there might be more out there. We can afford to search for them.

Whole thing boils down to afford versus need. Until we have evidence, in the form of another dead Alien from the day 1 crowd and continued Alien onboard, we have no reason to assume and thus lynch any of the others.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

STARSHIP R.SCOTT - DAY THREE

As the cryo pods open, those in stasis wake up and start to talk ...

..... am I getting better locking? ...

... why? ...

... cause I feel like I have been getting a ton of beauty sleep ...

... hey you fracking idiots, we are still in danger here ...

... main terminal has an update ...

Code: Select all

***** CICP COMMUNICATIONS ****** >> CREW, INITIATE REPAIR FUNCTION #15 - RESPOND WHEN COMPLETED.
***** CICP COMMUNICATIONS ****** >> CREW, ALIEN ORGANISM IS PRESENT. ELIMINATE OR CONTAIN USING DIVERGENT CROP CONTAINMENT PROCEDURE #1
"Yep, that confirms it. We are still in danger." commented tru1cy.

"Lets get the voting started" grimaced Sean, Minister of KtSP.

=========================================

Dead Players
Newcastle
Isgrimnur
pr0ner
Austin

Locked Down Players
theohall

Living Players:
Sean, Minister of KtSP
Mr Bubbles
Remus West
Grundbegriff
Lagom Lite
Chaosraven
tru1cy

Majority is 4 votes.

Votes:
None

A majority vote will close voting. If the Day ends without a majority reached no player will be thrown out the airlock.
The HARD Deadline for Day Three is 9:00 pm ET on Monday, October 5, 2009.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Remus West

Re: STARSHIP R.SCOTT (WW Game) Day Three

Post by Remus West »

Well, that is interesting. The obvious implication being that Theohall is the Symbiont and was taking a risk yesterday. Not sure which I find more odd. That a Symbiont Theohall would take that risk or that a free Symbiont would go without locking anyone down for a night. :?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Lagom Lite wrote:Chaosraven could be the symbiont.
I believe he is not the Symbiont. He didn't start flirting with the self-lockdown rhetoric until after I had asked in-thread about whether that was possible and had received an answer.

This doesn't preclude the possibility that he's a Symbiont who (a) thought about locking himself down, (b) actually locked himself down, and (c) didn't allude to Symbiont self-lockdown until after it was mentioned in-thread. Nevertheless, the smart money is on Chaosraven as an original Convict.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:You are saying that we could spare the hit on an Alien Convert and thus should be considering throwing one of the Engineers or Chaosraven out on suspicion that they MIGHT be an Alien.
If the informed chance of nailing the spawn were greater than the chance of nailing the original, then yeah. Better to kill some alien than to kill an unconverted Crewman. After all, conserving the lives of the Crewmen is why we have jettisoned pr0ner and Austin rather than hunting aliens.

Right, Remus?
I am saying that it is stupid to look at airlocking one of those three currently because we do not even know there is more than 1 Alien remaining.
Agreed. But if we had reason to think one of them had been converted, it would be folly to ignore that.
Remus - We know there is still an Alien from day 1. Lets search for that.
Grundbegriff - Don't forget there might be more out there. We can afford to search for them.
A better paraphrase of my sentiment would be this: there might be more, and we can only barely afford to search for them.
Whole thing boils down to afford versus need. Until we have evidence, in the form of another dead Alien from the day 1 crowd and continued Alien onboard, we have no reason to assume and thus lynch any of the others.
Again-- we're not in fundamental disagreement. You, apparently, have a stake in making it appear that we are.

I wonder why.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:Well, that is interesting. The obvious implication being that Theohall is the Symbiont and was taking a risk yesterday.
I don't see any rule that says the Symbiont must lock down someone.

Thus, there are two possibilities:

(a) After having argued vehemently that self-locking was a profoundly stupid thing for a Symbiont to do given the urgency of eliminating the Engineers, theohall-Symbiont locked himself down and put himself at the mercy of the Engineers.

xor

(b) After having figured that theohall is an Alien, the Symbiont locked him down and then declined to lock anyone else down last night in order to make it appear that theohall is the Symbiont.

I'm betting on (b).
Not sure which I find more odd. That a Symbiont Theohall would take that risk or that a free Symbiont would go without locking anyone down for a night. :?
theohall as Symbiont would definitely be weird in view of his apparent interpretation of the role in the midst of bickering.
Symbiont declining to lock someone else down would make sense if the Symbiont were pretty solidly convinced that theohall is an Alien.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Do even you buy what you are selling?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:Do even you buy what you are selling?
Absolutely, since what I'm selling is perfectly clear:

1. Since we don't know what Isgrimnur was, we must assume that he was the Hacker and that the spawning Original is still alive.
2. Since we must assume that the spawning Original is still alive, stanching that flow is priority #1.
3. Since killing the AO is priority #1, we seek him in the set {Grundbegriff, Lagom Lite, Mr Bubbles, Remus West, theohall}
4. If anyone alive who is not a member of that set pokes the innocents, we'd be idiots to ignore it and would have to weigh whether it's a team-motivated bluff.
5. Either theohall is a self-confining Symbiont xor the Symbiont thinks theohall might be an alien; I'm wagering it's the latter, and that the Symbiont is on the loose. I'm agnostic on whether theohall, who conspicuously freaked out prior to voting against pr0ner, is the Alien; I tilt somewhat toward thinking the Symbiont is wrong about him.

Which part of this is unclear or controversial to you? It all seems bleeding obvious to me.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Remus West wrote:Do even you buy what you are selling?
Absolutely, since what I'm selling is perfectly clear:

1. Since we don't know what Isgrimnur was, we must assume that he was the Hacker and that the spawning Original is still alive.
2. Since we must assume that the spawning Original is still alive, stanching that flow is priority #1.
3. Since killing the AO is priority #1, we seek him in the set {Grundbegriff, Lagom Lite, Mr Bubbles, Remus West, theohall}
4. If anyone alive who is not a member of that set pokes the innocents, we'd be idiots to ignore it and would have to weigh whether it's a team-motivated bluff.
5. Either theohall is a self-confining Symbiont xor the Symbiont thinks theohall might be an alien; I'm wagering it's the latter, and that the Symbiont is on the loose. I'm agnostic on whether theohall, who conspicuously freaked out prior to voting against pr0ner, is the Alien; I tilt somewhat toward thinking the Symbiont is wrong about him.

Which part of this is unclear or controversial to you? It all seems bleeding obvious to me.
Ah, so now you are willing to pointedly say that finding the AO is job #1 whereas before you spent a time berating Lagom Lite for doing the same thing (as that is what your accusations that he wants to keep the Engineers alive was since it was clear he was not advocating keeping them alive but hunting the remaining Alien from day 1). Nice of you.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Well, the cons have control of the ship and I'm not not unlocking Theohall. Lt me know when you guys decide to lynch someone until then I'll be playing chess with HAL 1000
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Perhaps the Symbiont chose to NOT lock someone down due to the Potential that tru1cy/Sean could unlock both of them today to prove themselves, leaving NO player locked down.

After all, the Symbiont is in no danger from an Alien (AO/AC), and only at risk of being Airlocked. Even Airlocked, the Symbiont still wins if theohall was the remaining Alien.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

theohall
Mr Bubbles
Remus West
Grundbegriff
Lagom Lite
Chaosraven

tru1cy
Sean, Minister of KtSP

4(?) Convicts (possible 1 locked down)
1 Symbiont
2 Corp
1(+?) Alien

time to take a shot at the Alien I think.

I have thought Grundbegriff Alien from the way he started the game. He has done nothing to disuade me of that notion and much to reinforce it.
 Grundbegriff 

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Remus West wrote:theohall
Mr Bubbles
Remus West
Grundbegriff
Lagom Lite
Chaosraven

tru1cy
Sean, Minister of KtSP

4(?) Convicts (possible 1 locked down)
1 Symbiont
2 Corp
1(+?) Alien

time to take a shot at the Alien I think.

I have thought Grundbegriff Alien from the way he started the game. He has done nothing to disuade me of that notion and much to reinforce it.
 Grundbegriff 

I see what you're saying, and I wouldn't mind voting for Grundbegriff. Just one thing: Remus, Grund and myself have tried to play the game, we've posted stuff and reasoned and talked. Mr Bubbles has kept very quiet this whole time. What about him? Maybe he's a disgruntled alien convert who now sees very bleak chances of winning and therefore has given up?

I'm at work now but I'll posts some thoughts on the symbiont when I get home and try to figure why no one was frozen last night.
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Curious Lagom Lite has jumped to the defense of Grund. I still find it funny that Grund hasn't made a play at Lagom Lite. Anyway, back to chess
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Indeed.

Especially when Grund has been MIA much of game and has only recently started back up.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Dead Players
Newcastle
Isgrimnur
pr0ner
Austin

Locked Down Players
theohall

Living Players:
Sean, Minister of KtSP
Mr Bubbles
Remus West
Grundbegriff
Lagom Lite
Chaosraven
tru1cy

Majority is 4 votes.

Votes:
Grundbegriff - 1 (Remus West)

Players with no vote: Sean, Minister of KtSP, Mr Bubbles, Grundbegriff, Lagom Lite, Chaosraven, tru1cy

A majority vote will close voting. If the Day ends without a majority reached no player will be thrown out the airlock.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

8 Players

2 Corp + Symbiont

4 Convict + 1 Alien (min)

--------------------

Worst case scenario -
Isgrimnur was AC, AO not theohall

3 Aliens - AO, +2 AC
4 other players, 3+theohall locked Convict
1 Symbiont

At 8 players, airlocking 1 leaves 7.
Worst case scenario is an Alien win tomorrow with Successful Conversions all along.
"Where are you off to?"

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Lagom Lite wrote:Mr Bubbles has kept very quiet this whole time. What about him? Maybe he's a disgruntled alien convert who now sees very bleak chances of winning and therefore has given up?
Indeed I haven't been very active. Not that I should be believed, but I'm just a normal convict. If you're curious it was for disorderly conduct. Apparently the street isn't an appropriate place to relieve yourself.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:Mr Bubbles has kept very quiet this whole time. What about him? Maybe he's a disgruntled alien convert who now sees very bleak chances of winning and therefore has given up?
Indeed I haven't been very active. Not that I should be believed, but I'm just a normal convict. If you're curious it was for disorderly conduct. Apparently the street isn't an appropriate place to relieve yourself.
You would get "indecent exposure" and "public urination" charges for that, not disorderly conduct. :ninja:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Hey!

They dropped those charges... uh I mean what?
"Where are you off to?"

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Say "what" again.

did I mention the smuggling charges?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

What?

(they speak english in what?)
"Where are you off to?"

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

tru1cy wrote:Curious Lagom Lite has jumped to the defense of Grund. I still find it funny that Grund hasn't made a play at Lagom Lite. Anyway, back to chess
Chaosraven wrote:Indeed.

Especially when Grund has been MIA much of game and has only recently started back up.
I'm not exactly defending him, am I... I was one of the first to accuse him of being a bad guy if I'm not mistaken. Go ahead, vote for Grund if you like. I just don't want to rush things. We might win with today's lynch.

So. My thoughts on the whole "nobody got frozen"-schtick, some alternative scenarios (I know I might be repeating what some of you already said):

1. theohall got seduced by Chaosraven's "it's a good play to self-freeze"-argument. Thing is, Chaosraven meant it was a good idea the first night. But theohall have misunderstood rules before, I even called him on that and accused him of being alien for it. So, either theohall is a sloppy symbiont, a sloppy convict or a sneaky alien.

* If theohall is a sneaky alien, the symbiont (or aliens if there are several) will win this game unless engineers come around.

* If theohall is a sloppy symbiont, no one else is. This might seems a stupid obvious thing to say, but it changes how we pecieve each other. No one, not Grund, not Remus nor myself could be the symbiont, so our posting patterns should be re-evaluated based on this info.

* if theohall is a sloppy convict, the symbiont has just deprived himself of a chance at winning the game.

2. theohall is NOT the symbiont, but is suspected to be alien by the real symbiont. Why shouldn't the symbiont want to lock someone else down, just to make sure?

* It doesn't force the engineers to prove themselves. Does this make sense to the symbiont? Yes, if by doing so he wants us to lynch the engineers as suspect aliens. This is a pretty weak argument though since we shouldn't want to target the engineers anyway as they cannot be a Day 1 alien.

* It frames theohall as a self-freezing symbiont. It makes us less likely to hunt the symbiont today. This is also a weak argument since we are hunting aliens rather than symbionts today (lynching the symbiont is just a bonus, lynching the remaining alien wins the game, lynching an alien convert or alien original if there are several aliens also has a higher priority).

Did I miss anything?
Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Eh, sod it.

Grundbegriff 

Is there anyone in hell?

Austin

Post by Austin »

:pop:
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Remus West wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
You would get "indecent exposure" and "public urination" charges for that, not disorderly conduct. :ninja:
Ha.. you just fell for my trap.. but I guess that only proves your just a convict. Let it be known Remus the convict knows his stuff.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
Ha.. you just fell for my trap.. but I guess that only proves your just a convict. Let it be known Remus the convict knows his stuff.
Slander. I never. It was LordMortis. Or Chaosraven. I swear. I'll testify against which ever you want just put the taser down.

Sorry. Flashback.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Sure,  Grundbegriff 

Though we could toss tru1cy just so we don't have to hear how he isn't going to unlock anyone... I mean, seriously, if he ain't what good does he do us? :twisted:
"Where are you off to?"

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Chaosraven wrote:Sure,  Grundbegriff 

Though we could toss tru1cy just so we don't have to hear how he isn't going to unlock anyone... I mean, seriously, if he ain't what good does he do us? :twisted:
it's like you're in my head, but you aren't. Scary and kind of unnerving.
Bertrand Russell
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

grundbegriff 

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

VOTING IS CLOSED. Write up is coming up.

Dead Players
Newcastle
Isgrimnur
pr0ner
Austin

Locked Down Players
theohall

Living Players:
Sean, Minister of KtSP
Mr Bubbles
Remus West
Grundbegriff
Lagom Lite
Chaosraven
tru1cy

Majority is 4 votes.

Votes:
Grundbegriff - 4 (Remus West, Lagom Lite, Chaosraven, tru1cy)

Players with no vote: Sean, Minister of KtSP, Mr Bubbles, Grundbegriff

Last edited by Scoop20906 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

STARSHIP R. SCOTT - END OF DAY THREE

"Thats 4 votes. I'm going to enjoy watching you turn green and then blue." remarked Sean, Minister of KtSP.

"Hold it. I didn't even get a chance to Grundstand!" railed Grundbegriff.

"Save it for the vaccum." commented Lagom Lite and tackled Grundbegriff pushing him into the airlock.

Grundbegriff pressed his face against the airlock window his eyes wide with fear screaming a soundless NOOOOOOOOO.

Mr Bubbles hit the outer hatch control and Grundbegriff flew out into hard vacuum. As Grundbegriff floated away writhing in agony as bloody red mist boiled from his eyes, nose and mouth.
Spoiler:
Grundbegriff was Human.
BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!

":Sigh:, here comes the message on the Main Terminal." remarked Chaosraven.

Code: Select all

Course correction upcoming in 5 mins. Please return to your assigned cryo pod. 
=============================================================

STARSHIP R.SCOTT - COURSE CORRECTION (NIGHT) FOUR

Dead Players
Newcastle
Isgrimnur
pr0ner
Austin
Grundbegriff

Locked Down Players
theohall

Living Players:
Sean, Minister of KtSP
Mr Bubbles
Remus West
Lagom Lite
Chaosraven
tru1cy

Computer Hacker: Which player's cryo pod medical report will you decrypt?
Symbiont: Will you lock down a player's cryo pod?
Alien: who will you attempt to convert?

All Course Correction Play orders must be in before the hard deadline, or forfeit. The HARD deadline for Course Correction (Night) Three is Monday, September 23, 2009 at 8:00 pm ET.

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

:binky: :pop: :binky:
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Hmm...
Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

I'm considering if airlocking Remus tomorrow is the right thing to do.

Thinking...
Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Alright, let's do this. Let's spice it up. After all, I play games for fun and not for winning. This will be much more interesting than us or symbiont simply winning in subterfuge.

Sean, this is for you! Wake up!

This is my role:
Spoiler:
I am the Alien Original, and I have two converts - tru1cy and Chaosraven.

The only factions that can win this game at this point are the Aliens or the Symbiont. Remus West or Mr Bubbles are the only possible symbionts if anyone gets locked down tonight.

I have targeted you, Sean, for conversion tonight. If I succeed, the aliens win and you win with us. The only way I can fail is if you or I are targeted by the symbiont for lockdown tonight.

Since I have outed myself now, I am certain I will be targeted for lockdown by the symbiont tonight unless his orders aren't already in, in which case this post is moot and we will have won tomorrow.

You have a choice Sean - will you be a loyal slave to Divergent corp, who wants to unleash our horror upon the universe, or will you join us in genetics and take this ship (winning as an alien)? Your life as a human being is over regardless.

I pledge to you I will keep trying to convert you every night until I succeed. Unlock me, then lynch Remus West tomorrow and Mr. Bubbles the next day.
Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Oh, and:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Is there anyone in hell?

stessier

Post by stessier »

:pop:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles