JUSTIFIED ON FX!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

KKBlue

Re: JUSTIFIED ON FX!

Post by KKBlue »

I also agree it was a very good episode the other night too.

Believe there should be a picture because of the start of a new page :wink:

Enlarge Image
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

After seeing this week's episode you can't say that cigarettes aren't bad for your health...
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

I had thought it was a hidden camera (looked like a camera hole) until it went click
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

That was just nasty! I have no idea how they are going to clean up that room.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

Well. My oh my, what do we have here?

Shoot guns with Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens (aka Timothy Olyphant)
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

How did they make 63 episodes if Boyd gets shot in the first one?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Jaymann wrote:How did they make 63 episodes if Boyd gets shot in the first one?
He doesn't die, obviously.
Hodor.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

If I remember the story correctly, he was supposed to die in the pilot but they loved him so much they decided to have him live.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

IceBear wrote:If I remember the story correctly, he was supposed to die in the pilot but they loved him so much they decided to have him live.
That is what I've heard as well.
Hodor.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

pr0ner wrote:
I figured that much, but he took a high caliber bullet to the center of the chest, pretty hard to explain away. I thought maybe he was wearing body armor or something. The only reason I know he comes back is from seeing hundreds of commercials.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
telcta

Post by telcta »

I'm glad he didn't kick. I was fresh off of watching The Shield and was happy to see him again. I think he's a great actor.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Jaymann wrote:
pr0ner wrote:
I figured that much, but he took a high caliber bullet to the center of the chest, pretty hard to explain away. I thought maybe he was wearing body armor or something. The only reason I know he comes back is from seeing hundreds of commercials.
Watch Season 1 and find out how they explain it away! It makes sense, too.
Hodor.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Oh, Dewey. The anus is on you my poor friend. The anus is on you.

:P
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

$iljanus wrote:Oh, Dewey. The anus is on you my poor friend. The anus is on you.

:P
He had several malapropisms in that episode but that one topped them all. I also loved it when Raylan told him to stop talking in third person and he looked around to see who he could talk to. Dewey is just cluelessly hilarious and I'd almost like him except him did end up murdering Messer rather deliberately and painfully.

Looking forward to fireworks in this last episode.

BTW, has Raylan actually shot anyone yet this season? If he has, I missed it, cause I can't think of anyone. Mighty strange . . .
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

I don't think Raylan shot anyone this entire season. I figured he was going to shoot everyone this episode and they kept getting someone else to do it
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Cartel dude: You are out-gunned and out-numbered. You have one chance to get back in that car and drive away.

Marshal Tim Gutterson: You have three seconds before we kill every one of you.

Nice episode to end the season. Not one of my favorite seasons but looking forward to how it's all coming to a head in the final season.
Black lives matter!

Doomboy

Post by Doomboy »

Spoiler:
So, um, Boyd is the big problem? He caused all the mess? Wasn't it Raylan that went down to Florida and told the dangerous Crowes that their kin had money up in Tennessee? I think if he hadn't been a jackass about that, a lot of folks wouldn't have gotten killed.

When they sat him down and said the common thread is... I actually did think him. Not Boyd. Who barely manages to escape from one crappy bit of bad luck to another.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

IceBear wrote:I don't think Raylan shot anyone this entire season. I figured he was going to shoot everyone this episode and they kept getting someone else to do it
He did kill that guy in Miami and Alan Tudyk's hitman character. Which was a total waste, he was awesome in the one episode they let him be in. Other than that he amazingly managed to let everyone else do the killing.
FTE
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

He killed Alan? I couldn't remember if he did or Art, and completely forgot about the guy in Miami. Yes, I was disappointed they killed off Alan's character so quickly
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Finally finished the last episode and I have to say Im glad this wasnt the final season because it would be sad for such a great show to end on such crap.
The whole Eva, Caged Heat story was a bad 70's cliche ridden b movie and they way they resolved it kind of summed up the entire season. It was like the writers said. "Oh well, this didnt work, lets just set her free" Boyd, who is usually shrewd and a few steps ahead was a complete idiot this season. I was starting to confuse him with Dewey Crowe. Art condemns Raylan for setting up a bad guy who has attacked and threatened to kill Raylan and his entire family and then thanks Raylan for setting up the bad guy who shot Art. I have to stop thinking about this season, the deeper I look the worse it gets. I sure hope the final season is better than this one was.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

I thought he thanked him for not shooting him
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

The entire season was worth Dewey Crowe, IMHO. His final scene this season -- between "The anus is on you..." and his confusion over talking about himself in the third person as he was carted off - I think it might have been better than his confusion over the number of kidneys he possesses. I'm really going to miss this show when they're done, but it's been a great ride.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

Imagine my dissappointment when I thought there was one more episode this season. Sat down to the DVR last night and drowned my sorrows in a bowl of sherbet.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

rshetts2 wrote:The whole Eva, Caged Heat story was a bad 70's cliche ridden b movie and they way they resolved it kind of summed up the entire season. It was like the writers said. "Oh well, this didnt work, lets just set her free"
No, the whole point of this story was to create a main point of tension next year - Eva betraying Boyd, acting as an informant. She had to be desperate to do this and they had to show how she gets to this point.
Boyd, who is usually shrewd and a few steps ahead was a complete idiot this season. I was starting to confuse him with Dewey Crowe.
Boyd was out of his league dealing with heroin. He'd been in the oxy business, dealing with the Mexicans and trying to ship/sell heroin was a totally different deal. Again, this was to get Boyd to a point of frustration so that he'd be willing to accept the offer made to him in the last episode.
Art condemns Raylan for setting up a bad guy who has attacked and threatened to kill Raylan and his entire family and then thanks Raylan for setting up the bad guy who shot Art.
I don't think you can say that Art knows what happened with Darrell. Raylan told him the sister shot him in self defense, Art has no reason to doubt this.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Cortilian wrote:Imagine my dissappointment when I thought there was one more episode this season. Sat down to the DVR last night and drowned my sorrows in a bowl of sherbet.
I did think the last episode was rather anti-climatic and was sort of disappointed. The only thing that made me feel better was the set up for next year. It's going to be a long wait . . .
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Last season of Justified begins in 2 days! I'm sad and excited all at the same time!
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

Thanks for the reminder. We got a new DVR and I didn't have it set.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I'm almost done with Season 4. Apparently I need to hurry and catch up.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

Can't Wait!! :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :pop:
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

They didn't want to "outstay their welcome":
"We don't have the ending yet," Yost admitted. "We're shooting episode 10, and we have a script for 11 ... and we're also breaking and then outlining 12. And then we're getting to 13. That doesn't mean we haven't been thinking about the ending. [The whole team] has been talking about the ending."

"[Elmore Leonard] would just start writing, and if he didn't like where it was going, he'd throw out the pages," Yost told reporters Sunday. "You can't do that on a television show, except to a degree that when you're going toward the ending, we have a certain amount of flexibility. We're going to have to do it in the next few weeks, but we absolutely don't know exactly how this is going to end."
I'm glad they decided to go out on top and not drag it the hell out. There's a lot to be said for that -- leave 'em wanting more.
If Raylan does survive through his final battle with Boyd, Olyphant has a very specific idea for where he thinks his character will ultimately end up: "On FX."

"Timothy has been pitching for a long time that Raylan goes out to Hollywood and becomes a technical adviser for a Western show [like they have on Justified]," Yost explained. "If [Raylan] survives."
Err...I...don't think so.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Spoiler:
I guess the anus won't be on Dewey this year. Poor Dewey . . .
Last edited by Grifman on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Damn. That was one hell of an opener. It's going to be a crazy season apparently.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

"Welcome to the United States of America, hoss. Here this star means something"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Could this mean we're now entering another Garret Dillanunt era? For a while there, it was mandatory that he appear in all tv broadcasts. But then it just stopped. But last night's appearance may have been more than just a reunion of Deadwood cast members.

Viva la Dillahunt!
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

It would be awesome if something horrific happens to him next week and then some time in March they bring him back shaved and clean-cut as a new character. :D
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

In the deep dark hills of eastern Kentucky
That's the place where I trace my bloodline
And it's there I read on a hillside gravestone
You will never leave Harlan alive
Black lives matter!

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

When this show finally ends I'll miss dialogue such as this from characters with names like "Choo-Choo":
I shoulda choked his cowboy ass out and left him for dead on the side of the road. But then I figured, someone drives by and sees I’d have to kill them. You know, and then somebody else drives by and sees, then I’d have to kill them. Then, you know, another car drives by and sees and I’d have to kill them…you know
Black lives matter!

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The actor who so brilliantly portrayed Choo Choo created a thread on reddit (I guess he's a regular poster) and was talking about it. He came across as a genuinely nice guy who was both humble and star struck.

p.s. best line of the night comes from Tim yet again:

"Oh good, that is your kid. I was worried it was some random internet baby."
He won. Period.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

The writing and characterization in this show just continue to deliver.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

A couple of 4 hours flights allowed me to finally get caught up with Justified. Looking forward to going back and reading this thread. :)
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.