JUSTIFIED ON FX!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Re: JUSTIFIED ON FX!

Post by $iljanus »

Constable Bob is truly one tough badass!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

$iljanus wrote:Constable Bob is truly one tough badass!
Bob earned his due, he certainly has heart, if not much sense. All said, I'm surprised only one person was killed in this episode and that by Bob of all people!

But a question. Isn't Boyd going to face charges coming out of this? Sure, no shots were fired bu federal officers were threatened. I'm not sure exactly how he walks away from this.

Oh, and the "circle the wagons" maneuver was great. Still waiting for a show down between Tim and Colt.

Lastly, I never knew there were deserts in Kentucky. Surely they could have found better terrain to have shot that sequence at. Looked nothing like Kentucky or anything within a 1,000 miles of Kentucky!
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

"People underestimate Bob at their peril." :lol:

And I bust up laughing when Bob uttered "Drew...sitania". YOLO's response was perfect, "I don't even know what that means." I'm guessing he was referring to the Lusitania though.
He won. Period.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hepcat wrote:
"People underestimate Bob at their peril." :lol:

And I bust up laughing when Bob uttered "Drew...sitania". YOLO's response was perfect, "I don't even know what that means." I'm guessing he was referring to the Lusitania though.
Would have loved to have been in the writer's meeting when they were coming up with those Drew-isms. "Drewbacca, Nancy Drew, Drewsitania" (writers turn toward the suggester with a WTF? look on their face)

Again another strong episode with great dialogue. Loved the dick, dick, dick monologue and you go Ava! Colt and Tim's conversation with Colt wanting a young Gerard Depardieu to play him in Tim's movie and Art getting all pissed off about the lack of cigarette lighters in Kentucky. :lol:

Wow, they circled the wagons
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Grifman wrote:
Bob earned his due, he certainly has heart, if not much sense. All said, I'm surprised only one person was killed in this episode and that by Bob of all people!
Not true - Colt killed the sniper he was with after the Marshals escaped the trap.
Hodor.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

pr0ner wrote:
Grifman wrote:
Not true - Colt killed the sniper he was with after the Marshals escaped the trap.
Did he? Interesting, my cable feed froze up there right at that moment when they were leaving for about 60 seconds so I missed that. I had a frozen picture of Colt turning from looking at the highway to go back to the car. Had no idea that this happened.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Yup, Colt pulled the equivalent of "your shoelaces are untied" on the guy.
He won. Period.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Grifman wrote:

But a question. Isn't Boyd going to face charges coming out of this? Sure, no shots were fired bu federal officers were threatened. I'm not sure exactly how he walks away from this.

Oh, and the "circle the wagons" maneuver was great. Still waiting for a show down between Tim and Colt.

Lastly, I never knew there were deserts in Kentucky. Surely they could have found better terrain to have shot that sequence at. Looked nothing like Kentucky or anything within a 1,000 miles of Kentucky!
I was thinking the same thing. They usually do a decent job of making it look like Kentucky, but not that scene, it had California written all over it. At least they made up for it by making the Molotov cocktale out of an Ale-8 bottle.
FTE
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Scraper wrote:
Grifman wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. They usually do a decent job of making it look like Kentucky, but not that scene, it had California written all over it. At least they made up for it by making the Molotov cocktale out of an Ale-8 bottle.
Loved when Art and Tim were confused about exactly who was going to throw the Molotov after it was lit.
Black lives matter!

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

hepcat wrote:Yup, Colt pulled the equivalent of "your shoelaces are untied" on the guy.
Colt showed that he's a real BAMF when he's clean and sober.
Hodor.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

"I'm suspended"
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Winona is a pretty good shot. And she did advise them to leave if they wanted to live out the day so they have themselves to blame :lol:
Black lives matter!

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

I thought the last scene was great . . . Raylan at the house, repairing the wall where the mystery began, then moving outside to sit near Arlo's fresh grave. Everything had come full circle.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Good finale. Even though it wasnt quite as action packed as some of the previous finales, the character development, particularly the parallels they drew with Raylan and Boyds situations were very well done. It really is a fine line between good and bad with those two. Its interesting how they make Boyd Crowder such a sympathetic character, in spite of the fact that hes fairly despicable.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

The finally was good. Such great writing and acting. Great set ups for next season. There was a line I was trying to remember... the lawyer said. See if I can get it.
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rachel and Tim need their own show. Before I thought it should have just been Tim, but Rachel has been hilariously deadpan all season.
He won. Period.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hepcat wrote:Rachel and Tim need their own show. Before I thought it should have just been Tim, but Rachel has been hilariously deadpan all season.
Or Tim needs to have his movie made. Someone on Television Without Pity quoted the exchange between Tim and Colt regarding this and I'll repost it here because it's just damn awesome (Colt talks first):
Hello Bagram.

Hello Deputy Dog.

Am I right in sayin' that you were in the sandbox before Afghanistan?

I am a double winner. Is that why you called, to ask me that?

Oh why, you busy?

I am in the middle of something.

Alright, I'll make it quick. I'm writin' a book set in Iraq. There's a chapter, where a convoy of military police is transportin' a criminal, and uh Lt. Dan, he's our main guy, he gets a bad feelin'...

Forest Gump.

Huh?

There's a Lt. Dan in Forest Gump.

Oh shit, you're right. I'll change it. Lt. Colt.

I would like a young Gerard Depardieu to play me in the movie. I'm honored.

Well, ya should be, he's a big guy, real badass, or he was. He's kinda losin' his grip. When we meet him he's lost someone, started usin' dope that he confiscated.

Yeah, but then we find out that he's kicked again. And anyone who thinks he's in any way diminished, is in for a big surprise.

Yeah, but he's the kinda character who might say he's kicked but we all know he's just one broken shoelace away from sayin' "screw it" and pickin' up again.

How about you have him go in a bar and pick a fight with some rangers and he sends a couple of 'em to the hospital?

It's not a fantasy. Anyway, he gets a bad feeling when they pass an abandoned vehicle and he sees a second and a third so he's thinkin' an IED's triggered by a cell. You ever come across anything like that?

Me personally, no. But I did hear about this one convoy, a couple of Frankensteins and a gun truck on Highway 10. So the spotter, he calls a hodge? between the first two cars, thinkin' the hodgies will blow the second as he moves forward, and the first if he tries to go back.

Yeah? How'd they get out of it?

They didn't, because they were too afraid to move. They just sat there in their vehicles, pissing and shitting in their helmets, too afraid to toss it out the windows, on the account of possible snipers. Then, they ran out of food. They started eating each other, 'til there was only one left. And he blew his brains out. Wanna know the sad part?

Oh, there's a sad part?

Yeah, because they were so afraid to move, they never found out whether the cars had explosives. So basically, they all died from being pussies.
Black lives matter!

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Hotdog, time for Season 5:

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/12/alert- ... r-trailer/" target="_blank

Can't wait for another season of Raylan and Boyd!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I almost wish they'd kept Mags Bennett alive. That woman was a fantastic villain for the show. I know she had to go for the sake of the story, but still...

But I am excited for this season's crime family. Especially because it's Dewey's family. With the caveat that I'm not a fan of Michael Rappaport.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

For anyone looking to catch up, Season 4 is now free (like S1-3 have been) for Amazon Prime members.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Well a lot happened in the opening... Now on with the show!

Edit: Well the body count for this episode seemed a bit high. And Canadians love their hockey, a good doughnut and their crime organized.
Black lives matter!

Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

We started Season One on Sunday. TiVo'ing the new season now. I'll visit this thread again after we catch up on the 40 or so episodes to go...
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

High body count AND the death of an innocent above ground pool.
He won. Period.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

I loved the death of the pool
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I was also happy to see the return of Stephen Root's character, the Judge.

"300 thousand, you nitwit..."
He won. Period.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

"That was last week".

Also, I object to the treatment of Canadians in that episode :-)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I hope we haven't seen the last of the great Dave Foley on the show. I'd love to see them explore further the seemingly polite and laid back Canadian crime bosses.
He won. Period.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

I would too. I am just watching it now and was going to post Dave's discussion on organized crime
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Also, color me surprised that I didn't roll my eyes once whenever Michael Rapaport was on the screen. I hope he maintains the same demeanor throughout the season. He goes into "goofball" mode too easily in everything else I've seen him appear in.
He won. Period.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Tim Horton's is gabarge since they moved to parbaking.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Agreed, but it was still a funny conversation to watch with two Canadian actors playing Canadian criminals
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

In most shows, when the main character issues a threat in the face of overwhelming odds, it just plays out like an entry from the bravado section in the handbook of action stars. When Givens issues one, it sounds like he's tired, wants to go home, and this is simply a fact that he wishes he didn't have to tell you so he COULD go home and take a nap, but he is because he hates paperwork and would rather just have you go away instead of die.
He won. Period.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Uh oh, this show's getting good again.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Found out recently that this is the last season. :cry:
-mf
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

You're off by one. The show was originally supposed to run 7 seasons but they decided the 6th will be the last. We're currently 6 episodes into Season 5.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Smoove_B wrote:You're off by one. The show was originally supposed to run 7 seasons but they decided the 6th will be the last. We're currently 6 episodes into Season 5.
I am not a happy camper.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Smoove_B wrote:You're off by one. The show was originally supposed to run 7 seasons but they decided the 6th will be the last. We're currently 6 episodes into Season 5.
Ah... good to know. The article I was reading in TV Guide wasn't specific just mentioned things like "the sun is quickly setting on Justified" and "the cast and crew shoot a scene for the show's penultimate season". Figured they meant this (5th) season but I guess that's all been shot and while it's airing they're shooting the 6th?

Still bummed. And I guess I should have looked up the definition of "penultimate" rather than assuming I knew what it meant. :doh:
-mf
Sabassis

Post by Sabassis »

This show is just getting better as the seasons go by. Rachel, a throwaway character, is a badass! And Boyd is just getting better and better. Boyd is truly a bad person who will eventually rot in hell for his bad deeds. But until then, i love watching him!
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Now this piece of dialogue was rather unexpected and enjoyable to watch:

Roscoe: Reason, not the need, Marshal. Here we go.

Raylan: I'm sorry?

Roscoe: King Lear. Shakespeare.

Raylan: (Shakes head)

Roscoe:
Basically, Lear split his kingdom in half and gave it to his two daughters.
Deal bein', Lear get to hang out and keep one hundred knights.
They agree, and then later these two bitch ass daughters , they change the deal.
Be like, "Daddy, what you need with one hundred knights? Fifty? Ten? Five?
What you need with one?"
Lear says, "Reason, not the need."

Jay: Hot damn. Reason, not the need.

Raylan: I don't understand what these two are talkin about but I gotta admit, I'm interested.

Roscoe: Well, in the analogy, we be Lear. And we just want what's rightfully ours and we out, never to be seen again. And well, (he points at Crowe/Duffy/Crowder) they the bitches. And you can have them and their kingdom.

And GO DEWEY GO! Chase that dream!
Black lives matter!

EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

Another good episode. I don't know how but virtually every actor on this show plays their part perfectly. So enjoyable to watch.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni