JUSTIFIED ON FX!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Smoove_B

Re: JUSTIFIED ON FX!

Post by Smoove_B »

Every time I think they can't create another awesome character, they go ahead and prove me wrong. Choo choo is awesome - the key toss sealed it. I don't think he even blinked.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

Smoove! I need a picture at the top of the page!

And to make my contribution smoother, thought I would add a link to an article from Time.
At the end of Battlestar Galactica, a lot of actors said they brought home souvenirs like notepads with the corners cut off. Are you going to take a Stetson home with you?

No. I suppose if I was on the Battlestar Galactica set, I’d steal stuff, too! On the Justified set I’m just going to let things go where they need to go.
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
moghedian

Post by moghedian »

Wife and I really enjoying this last season so far.... :D
A carousel horse, who is constantly lost...Standing still but always running
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Sam Eliot is a very scary man...
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
moghedian

Post by moghedian »

As is...

Walton Goggins
A carousel horse, who is constantly lost...Standing still but always running
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

$iljanus wrote:Sam Eliot is a very scary man...
I'm pretty sure it would make my decade if at some point he says, "You got a skinny little runt named Givens working here?"
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

So exactly what is the cabal up to in buying up property in Harlan? Have they revealed that yet?
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Grifman wrote:So exactly what is the cabal up to in buying up property in Harlan? Have they revealed that yet?
Not yet. I wonder if Markham has an inside track on the legalization of pot in Kentucky and is laying the groundwork for huge and legal pot plantations worked by coal miners.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Smoove_B wrote:
$iljanus wrote:Sam Eliot is a very scary man...
I'm pretty sure it would make my decade if at some point he says, "You got a skinny little runt named Givens working here?"
If we go down that road (house), all I ask is that we don't have Choo Choo announce to Tim during a fight that he "... used to f*$# guys like you in prison."

I always thought that an odd thing to say during a fight...
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, it's definitely an odd exchange in an otherwise well written movie. :D

I'm not sure what's going with the land grab. If they hadn't already used mining rights and land issues in Season 2 I would have thought something along those lines. But it does make you wonder what a cashed up boss-thug could be up to. :think:
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

The odds of a particular character surviving this season are getting lower and lower with each passing episode.
Spoiler:
I don't see any way Ava makes it out of this thing alive
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Maybe Wynn Duffy will come out OK but after the last episode I suspect melanoma will get him in the end.
Black lives matter!

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

BOOM!

That was rotfalmao!!! Hilarious!
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Favorite line of the night:

"Occam's Razor, Thor's Hammer, who gives a shit?!"
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

It's a little bittersweet seeing old faces from past seasons since this will be it for Justified. Loved that scene with Loretta. And for next week, Limehouse the piggy banker and Constable Bob!
Black lives matter!

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

$iljanus wrote:It's a little bittersweet seeing old faces from past seasons since this will be it for Justified. Loved that scene with Loretta. And for next week, Limehouse the piggy banker and Constable Bob!
I hadn't thought of that but you're right, looks like everyone (who is still alive anyway) is getting a final farewell appearance. Nice touch.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Wynn Duffy's origin story of being from Hawaii and a competitive surfer was out of the blue, but it does explain his use of a tanning bed.
Black lives matter!

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

After binge watching the first 5 seasons, it's really hard to go back to waiting for weekly episodes.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Wonderful things can happen when you sow seeds of distrust in the garden of assholes.
Wise words indeed. And RIP Choo-Choo. :cry:
Black lives matter!

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

The train, has, sadly left the station. Pretty memorable character for such a brief time.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'll just pop in and mention again how I haven't made it past season 2. I really suck at keeping up with shows. :)
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Dear Fx,

Will you just give us a Tim, Art and Rachel spin off after Justified ends?

Thanks,

The World
He won. Period.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Well now. Things seem to have gone full circle with that ending. Go Eva go!

I'm sad that things aren't so rosy in the RV anymore. Poor Wynn. :(
Black lives matter!

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Damn, Mikey! I knew Duffy was a survivor. But damn, those were 2 brutal deaths!
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

I'll also note that Boyd is just so charming, and in many ways so likeable, that sometimes the writers just have to remind us how cold, callous and brutal a killer he can be. The murder last night and the murder of doofey Dewey Crowe were two of those. Those were cold and calculating.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I finally got caught up on Justified last night. Wow. :shock: This week's epsiode ("Fugitive Number One") might be my favorite single episode of the entire series.
Spoiler:
- RIP Mikey...er, Michael. :( That exchange and fight with Katherine was just awesome. And the "hold me" moment with Wynn afterwords was surprisingly touching. I can't believe Wynn is somehow still alive.
- And RIP Katherine. I thought she was a fantastic character, and is the most smoking hot 62-year-old in history.
- Boyd's answer to Raylan's question "Is this about her (Eva) or the money?".
- Boon and his purple balls. After all the drama of trying to get into a showdown with Raylan at every turn, I'm hoping Givens finds a way to take him out Indiana-Jones-Swordsman-style.
- Even without the mustache, Sam Eliot does an awesome job as Markham. His reaction to Katherine's death was perfect, and now that he's lost both his money and his girl, I look forward to seeing what he's like in "nothing left to lose" mode.
- Carl...a complete idiot to the bitter end.
- Raylan completely bitch-slapping the crooked cop. Damn, that was great.
- My only disappointment was that Grubes (?) ended up being a corpse. Would have loved to have seen a cameo there (the long-rumored Ian McShane appearance would have been great)
- Welcome back, beardless and badass Art.
All in all, it looks like this thing is headed for one hell of a finish. Can't wait.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, I don't know what the plan is with Boon, but they've been building that for so long now I'm having a hard time believing it will deliver. I mean, the track record for the show is that they deliver 100% of the time, but he's been such a great character I really don't know how they're going to resolve this in a creative way....but I'm hopeful. :D
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Oh Bob, you foolish brave son of a bitch.
Spoiler:
Glad he's going to probably pull through.
And yes, I would watch a series based on Wynn Duffy's dog grooming adventures.
Black lives matter!

Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Too bad the preview for next week includes what seems like a very obvious spoiler for how things end up:
Spoiler:
There's a scene with Raylon and Boon standing on a road and Boon tells him "You didn't think you were gonna get to leave town" or something like that. The implication being that Raylon wraps up business and is getting ready to leave when Boon stops him. My bet is the show ends just after that final showdown with Boon.
FTE
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

$iljanus wrote:And yes, I would watch a series based on Wynn Duffy's dog grooming adventures.
Ha! Too funny! Guess I would too, ha!
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

10 hours remain to enter.

Watch the final episode of Justified with Timothy Olyphant, Walton Goggins, and Joelle Carter
to benefit THE LORY TITELMAN AND RUTH HERSHEY FUND AND HARLAN COUNTY BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Scraper wrote:Too bad the preview for next week includes what seems like a very obvious spoiler for how things end up:
Spoiler:
There's a scene with Raylon and Boon standing on a road and Boon tells him "You didn't think you were gonna get to leave town" or something like that. The implication being that Raylon wraps up business and is getting ready to leave when Boon stops him. My bet is the show ends just after that final showdown with Boon.
My guess on an ending:
Spoiler:
Raylan has won. Boyd is dead, Ava is caught and is headed back to prison, Markham is dead/jailed, Wynn has run (we know he can't ever die), and Raylan is vindicated by Art and Vasquez backs off after the $10MM is returned. Raylan thinks it's all finished and is headed to the airport to board a plane to Florida. As he crosses the bridge out of town, he sees a car blocking both lanes...Boon. After some witty banter about hats and the "You didn't think you were gonna leave town" line, Boon and Raylan square off in a high-noon style showdown. Camera flashes to Boon's fingers near the trigger, then flashes to Raylan's eyes. Back to Boon, back to Raylan. Tension builds and we see both of them go for their guns.

Cut to black...we hear a single gunshot.

Fin, and we are left forever wondering.
Let's hope I'm wrong. :twisted:
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

I like Boon's character but being introduced so late in the game I wouldn't be disappointed if he was dealt with in the first couple of minutes so we can get to the inevitable Raylan vs Boyd showdown.
Black lives matter!

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

The end is coming...
Black lives matter!

telcta

Post by telcta »

For me, that was a great series finale. So many wonderful lines of dialogue in that show. One of my favorites that had me bust out laughing...
Spoiler:
[Off screen as Raylan leaves the Marshall's office for the last time]
Nelson: Are you going to read that book?
Tim: No, Nelson. I'm going to eat it.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

telcta wrote:For me, that was a great series finale.
Agreed, that was pretty damn awesome. My favorite line (paraphrased):

Bartender: We don't serve anyone who doesn't flash a badge or their tits.
Raylan: Well, all right. Art, show him your tits.

I literally did a spit-take at that one while watching it on the plane today. :lol:

I was a little surprised to see:
Spoiler:
"4 Years Later" pop up with 15 minutes left to go, but really liked how they wrapped it all up. Markhams death felt a little anti-climatic, but everyone else's fate was quite satisfying. Joelle Carter saved her best performance till last, as the whole ending scene was just fantastic.
A very satisfying end to a fun series. Gonna miss it.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Not the ending I expected but definitely a great way to go out. Here are a couple of interesting stories about how they came up with the ending, they give a great view of the producers, writers and actors' thoughts:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/justified-s ... aham-yost/

http://deadline.com/2015/04/justified-s ... 201409470/

I will miss this show, especially the writing and characters, big and small.

PS, what did Tim give Raylan at the end? I couldn't tell.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Grifman wrote:Not the ending I expected but definitely a great way to go out. Here are a couple of interesting stories about how they came up with the ending, they give a great view of the producers, writers and actors' thoughts:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/justified-s ... aham-yost/

http://deadline.com/2015/04/justified-s ... 201409470/

I will miss this show, especially the writing and characters, big and small.

PS, what did Tim give Raylan at the end? I couldn't tell.
I think it was a bag to put his stuff in. I don't think it had much significance other than adding some witty banter about Tim wanting it back.
Last edited by Scraper on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
FTE
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Fantastic end to the series. He changed...but not by much. I absolutely thought someone was going to die, so it's nice to read they realized that and took advantage of the popular belief. I had no idea about the hat, but I also assumed if anyone was going to be able to kill Raylan it would have been Boon. Such a creepy character.

And yes, it was a small bag that Tim gave to Raylan.

For anyone else interested, our local news did an interview with Elmore Leonard back in 2010 regarding the show and his thoughts on Raylan's hat are included there:
"I think it’s great," Leonard says, in the same succinct manner of speaking that he gives to most of his characters.

Though even with this version, he’s not entirely in love with the hat — a large, crisp Stetson that sets Givens apart from the modern-day Marshals he works alongside.

"I think he ought to just chuck it," Leonard says. "What’s he need it for? He’s not in the West; he’s from Kentucky. I think it’s got out of hand. It’s not the hat that he wears in the book — which is the small, little businessman’s Stetson, but well-worn, and crushed and disfigured."

Yost acknowledges that he and Leonard had a difference of opinion on the hat — "We got very specific photographs, about, ‘This is the hat,’" he says, "but you have to find a hat that fits Tim." — but overall found that the wisest way to do an Elmore Leonard adaptation is to follow a mantra that he eventually had made into a bracelet he gave to all of his writers: "WWED," or "What Would Elmore Do?"
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

"We dug coal together."

If you've watched this show, this was the perfect way to end.
Black lives matter!