[WW] The Rule of Thirds - The Meer win everything

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Chaosraven

Re: [WW] The Rule of Thirds ~ sign up

Post by Chaosraven »

Let me know if you need a player to round things out.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
stessier

Post by stessier »

Trig, Lassr, & Chaos would fill up the Alternate Plan Game, right?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lagom Lite wrote:I just hope I don't roll Dragon! :hawk:
I would like to just tell 'whomever gets the Drago role':

Your role is gonna be a tough one to see to the end - but I think it will be a fun one to play.. You are a bit of a 'spoiler' to everyone else, with a Long-Shot victory of your own to shoot for.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:Trig, Lassr, & Chaos would fill up the Alternate Plan Game, right?
They would.

Shall we do that?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Unagi wrote:
stessier wrote:Trig, Lassr, & Chaos would fill up the Alternate Plan Game, right?
They would.

Shall we do that?
Yes please! Add Remus as the Jester!!
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:
Unagi wrote:
They would.

Shall we do that?
Yes please! Add Remus as the Jester!!
Remus isn't on the sign-up, pal. :?

and there are 3 Jesters.... (stop confusing people!)
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus would be the King of Jesters! Like a Dragon in reverse - he knows them, but they don't know him and they win with him. But the Jesters are part of each court. Fun!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Currently I am just waiting for confirmation from Lassr, Chaos, and Triggercut.

Upon their confirmation, I will get things started most likely tomorrow morning (perhaps tonight).

And then just to set everyones expectations:

I plan to start the game in the DAY Phase.

Next week we have a few players that are going to have low attendance, and as such - I hope this is one of those "long Day-Ones".

Everyone can argue about the rules and get themselves in hot water....

After the Christmas Weekend, I expect things will ramp up and get back to our normal pace.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

You need a kibitz and I am more than willing to mock folks for their decisions - correct or incorrect, it wouldn't matter to me. I'm an equal opportunity mocker.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote:After the Christmas Weekend, I expect things will ramp up and get back to our normal pace.
Sure, you post this now after I failed to sign up knowing full well I'd be back by then. :(

The mod hates me. :(
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Oh, I am so burnt out on these- man, I can't even type that with a straight face. IN, OF COURSE.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:The mod hates me. :(
Went so far as to take down the site to keep you from playing!!!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I was reading the rules and it struck me this part here was perhaps the one part that Contestants should be sure they understood as a foundation of the game.

Beyond this, it's about using the Macht Stones at night (and navigating the Day phase, as always) in a way to help secure your win.
Unagi wrote:The worst thing that could happen to any Kingdom is for the charm on The Keys to be attuned to a fallen leader (unheld). The peoples of this leaderless Kingdom would be crippled by despair and any galvanized Kingdom would easily dominate it.
  • It is the goal of each Kingdom to have that condition set upon the other two Kingdoms by the end of this contest.
  • It is the goal of the Dragon to have that condition set upon ALL of the Kingdoms by the end of this contest.

At the start of the contest each Kingdom's
Keys are attuned to the King of that Kingdom.

Should that Contestant fall,
The Keys are considered unheld, and the Kingdom's people are without leadership. It is up to the remaining Contestants of that Kingdom here to either Re-attune their Kingdom's Keys to themselves or Resurrect the fallen King post haste!
Last edited by Unagi on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Sectoid wrote:
LordMortis wrote:No idea how to play but I was invited, so in I guess. Just don't expect much from me.
We never do. Sorry, had to.
That's as it should be. I might be the worst player ever.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Bahktosh is back playing and I am not... coincidence? I think not...
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Alright, roles are going out.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote:Alright, roles are going out.
Not to me. :cry:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

The Contest has begun...

The arena is huge, easily 500 feet in diameter. The perimeter of the arena is defined by hundreds of small alcoves, each with an iron portcullis drawn upwards inside it's arched portal.

Each contestant enters the arena from his own alcove, separated from his neighboring contestant by about 20 arches.

As the warriors draw together, they eye each other for any sign of familiarity. It's useless, the illusion placed over the arena has rendered them all in gray-tones, without character or flourish.

"Sixteen?" remarks one of the warriors.

They all know that's one too many.

"Dod!?" One of the warriors accuses another. Everyone looks back at the arches, as the hundreds of portcullises close for the day.

The accusing warrior spins around to yet another contestant, "Or maybe YOU!?".

A second warrior exclaims "We're ruined! Dod has infiltrated the contest!"

Everyone draws their weapon and takes a good step back and tries to assess the situation.

One thing is certain, they have a Dragon problem.
Last edited by Unagi on Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Please use the accuse tag to place votes:

Code: Select all

[accuse]Gilgamesh[/accuse]
 Gilgamesh 

A new vote implies the withdraw of your previous vote, otherwise please  Withdraw Gilgamesh 

The Contestants
1. Qantaga
2. Lagom Lite
3. msteelers
4. tru1cy
5. Newcastle
6. Isgrimnur
7. stessier
8. Bakhtosh
9. Sectoid
10. Grundbegriff
11. LordMortis
12. Mr Bubbles
13. Brossi
14. Triggercut
15. Lassr
16. Chaosraven

Majority Votes: 9
Last edited by Unagi on Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Votes:

No vote: Qantaga, Lagom Lite, msteelers, tru1cy, Newcastle, Isgrimnur, stessier, Bakhtosh, Sectoid, Grundbegriff, LordMortis, Mr Bubbles, Brossi, Triggercut, Lassr, Chaosraven

Majority: 9
stessier

Post by stessier »

Question -

What are we told upon Lynching? The Jester Role suggests the position in the House. Is that all we learn? Or also the House itself? Even the position leaves little room for lying...not that I would ever do that!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Unagi wrote:The Contest:
  • Each of the Three Kingdoms will be represented by their King and 4 high ranking Champions. (That's 3 Identical Five-Player teams)
  • Kings will not know the identity of their Champions.
  • Champions will know the identity of their King.
  • Each Contestant will be given 2 Macht Stones - to be used on a night and in the manner of their choosing.
  • Once per game, if a night starts and every living contestant is out of Macht Stones, each contestant will be given 1 additional Macht Stone
  • Death will publicly reveal the rank of the fallen (or dragon)

Sorry, that's buried way up at the top - in a big section called "The Contest" :wink: :D 8-)
stessier

Post by stessier »

Dude, it's like the last bullet point! My eyes glaze over after the...hey look, shiny object!

Spoiler:
:doh: :oops: Thanks.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

So wait...
You're telling me I get to Bakhshot TWO people in this game?

Awesome!
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Unagi wrote:Winning Conditions:

For your Kingdom:
  • Day breaks and [/color]The Keys to both other Kingdoms are attuned to a fallen contestant. (unheld) - your Kingdom is victorious.
  • NOTE: The Dragon does not need to be vanquished in order for a Kingdom to be victorious

For the Dragon:
  • Day breaks and The Keys to ALL other Kingdoms are attuned to a fallen contestant. (unheld) - the Dragon is victorious.
  • NOTE: The Dragon does not need to be in attendance in order for the Dragon to be victorious
It will be nearly impossible for the Dragon to win, since his condition of three unheld keys comprises some other kingdom's condition of two unheld keys. It would take a remarkable coincidence of three or two keyholder deaths by night (depending on whether on is already unheld) for him to win.

Good luck with that.

Question: I understand that when Alfred falls, Bowdoin can reattune Alfred's keys to Bowdoin and thereby become de facto leader of Alfred's kingdom. Is it also possible, when Alfred falls, for Bowdoin to reattune Alfred's keys to Carolus and thereby make Carolus (rather than himself) the new leader?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Grundbegriff wrote:Question: I understand that when Alfred falls, Bowdoin can reattune Alfred's keys to Bowdoin and thereby become de facto leader of Alfred's kingdom. Is it also possible, when Alfred falls, for Bowdoin to reattune Alfred's keys to Carolus and thereby make Carolus (rather than himself) the new leader?
No, the reattune is a spell that is against one's self and the keys that may be looking for a life-force. The Target is really more the location at which one hopes to find those keys.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Checking in. I'm not the Dragon, woo.

So this is the Game thread also? And the Jesters are new last I saw, I see they're just regular pawns who scans as "King".

I agree with Grundbegriff. To fix the Dragon victory condition, you could add that no Kingdom may win until the Dragon is dead. That means if two keys become Unheld, the last Kingdom won't win and Dod has a window of opportunity to kill the final keyholder.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Since champions know the name of their king, but the king doesn't know them, and they don't know each other, this should be an interesting day.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

stessier 

because he uploaded an avatar all of a sudden and that's surely a tell.
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Lagom Lite wrote:Checking in. I'm not the Dragon, woo.

So this is the Game thread also? And the Jesters are new last I saw, I see they're just regular pawns who scans as "King".

I agree with Grundbegriff. To fix the Dragon victory condition, you could add that no Kingdom may win until the Dragon is dead. That means if two keys become Unheld, the last Kingdom won't win and Dod has a window of opportunity to kill the final keyholder.
Yeah...way to stay stealthy there, Dod!
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Bakhtosh wrote:

Yeah...way to stay stealthy there, Dod!
:ninja:

Better send your knights, don't forget to clad them in tasty bun armor. :horse:
Is there anyone in hell?

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Instead of doing these to you guys behind the scenes, I'm just going to share all of the Boilerplates that everyone got, so that everyones on the same page.

(you've all seen this):
Your Leader:
You glance about the contestants, looking at each man's eyes.
As you look at
Aethelred, it's clear in your heart and mind; this is the man you call King
King Role:

You are King _____.
You know you are only the "King" because of these keys in your pocket, but that doesn't dilute your honor.
The charm spell on these keys has galvanized your people and has made them unquestionably loyal to you; and that makes your Kingdom remarkably strong.

And as great as that is, you know it's only a spell, and should that spell break - your people will fall into chaos.

Should you fall, all may not be lost: As long as at least 2 kingdoms remain 'galvanized' they will be kept in check, and no one Kingdom will make a move on our Kingdom - giving us the critical time needed to re-establish the charm.

So you enter this arena with your 4 champions... and look across at the other contestants.

The magic set upon this huge arena masks the kingdoms different colors and you all appear to be gray, colorless warriors - indistinguishable from one another.

I quick headcount reveals 16 Contestants, where there should be 15.

Immediately you know who has infiltrated this contest: Dod

Dod will be after every Kingdom's keys, and he will not be vulnerable to the attacks of the Macht Stones.

You now have 2 concerns; the survival of your Kingdom at the hands of man, and the survival of your Kingdom at the claws of a dragon.
Champion Role:

You are _____ ______.
You know your King is only the "King" because of the keys in his pocket, but that doesn't dilute his honor, nor your loyalty.

The charm spell on these keys has galvanized your people and has made them unquestionably loyal; and that makes your Kingdom remarkably strong.

And as great as that is, you know it's only a spell, and should that spell break - your people will fall into chaos.

Should your King fall, all may not be lost: As long as at least 2 kingdoms remain 'galvanized' they will be kept in check, and no one Kingdom will make a move on our Kingdom - giving us the critical time needed to re-establish the charm.

So you enter this arena with your King and 3 other champions... and look across at the other contestants.

The magic set upon this huge arena masks the kingdoms different colors and you all appear to be gray, colorless warriors - indistinguishable from one another.

I quick headcount reveals 16 Contestants, where there should be 15.

Immediately you know who has infiltrated this contest: Dod

Dod will be after every Kingdom's keys, and he will not be vulnerable to the attacks of the Macht Stones.

You now have 2 concerns; the survival of your Kingdom at the hands of man, and the survival of your Kingdom at the claws of a dragon.
Dod Role:

You are Dod.

How many generations have you been haunting these lands? You've lost count.
And while your reign of terror has been long, you've never been able to demoralize the population and really enjoy yourself.

They endure.

And you are tired of it.

When you heard rumor of a contest, a contest where the Kingdoms' charmed Keys were at stake, you made sure you didn't miss that contest.

So you enter this arena in human form, alone. and you look across at the other contestants.

You concider if it's even noticed that there is an extra contestant, when it's made perfectly clear it is.

A gray-toned warrior barks in your face, Dod?! - and then quickly moves to another warrior - "Or maybe YOU!?"

"We're ruined!
"Dod has infiltrated the contest!"

You hold back a smile.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Unagi wrote:Instead of doing these to you guys behind the scenes, I'm just going to share all of the Boilerplates that everyone got, so that everyones on the same page.

(you've all seen this):
Your Leader:
You glance about the contestants, looking at each man's eyes.
As you look at
Aethelred, it's clear in your heart and mind; this is the man you call King
But... but... isn't he unready?
Grundbegriff

Re: [WW] The Rule of Thirds - The Contest has begun

Post by Grundbegriff »

Unagi: You forgot one:

ImageThe Barracks
President : You Won.
Veep : If anything happens to the President, you will be forced into retirement to prevent your succession.
SpeakerMinority Leader : Last in the hearts of your countrymen.
President pro tempore : As long as you leave no fingerprints, you'll be free to run the show.
Predecessor : Clever enough to get your policies fronted by the opposite Party. If analyzed impartially, your policies will show as those of the current President.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Grundbegriff wrote:Unagi: You forgot one:

ImageThe Barracks
President : You Won.
Veep : If anything happens to the President, you will be forced into retirement to prevent your succession.
SpeakerMinority Leader : Last in the hearts of your countrymen.
President pro tempore : As long as you leave no fingerprints, you'll be free to run the show.
Predecessor : Clever enough to get your policies fronted by the opposite Party. If analyzed impartially, your policies will show as those of the current President.
homerun, really.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Moderator's Rule Update: I think this small change will help.... and it makes sense too, if you think about it this way:

Dod must be vanquished, for any Contestant to even leave the arena, (much less win)

So, I've made this change to your Kingdom's Winning Conditions. :
Winning Conditions:

For your Kingdom:
  • Day breaks and The Keys to both other Kingdoms are attuned to a fallen contestant (unheld) and Dod has been vanquished from the contest - your Kingdom is victorious.

Please do still note:
Winning Conditions:

For the Dragon:
  • Day breaks and The Keys to ALL other Kingdoms are attuned to a fallen contestant. (unheld) - the Dragon is victorious.
  • NOTE: The Dragon does not need to be in attendance in order for the Dragon to be victorious
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Grundbegriff wrote:Unagi: You forgot one:

looks like your an Obama fan, wanted to get you to donate to Speaker Pelosi's 2012 Victory fund! How bout the big Barry fund? Want to help him?

Never new you were such a leftist Grund!
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lagom 

I think this shows he is the dragon. I don't know about the rest of you, but after I got my alignment, the dragon was the furthest thing from my mind. I can win while the dragon lives. I can't while the other two kings do and that's where all my scheming went.

Am I the only one?
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

or you could be the dragon trying to fake someone else is the dragon!

stessier 

*cough cough, you cant win while the dragon is alive! if you are a non dragon! which i am doubting due to this blatant oversight *cough cough*
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Newcastle wrote:*cough cough, you cant win while the dragon is alive! if you are a non dragon! which i am doubting due to this blatant oversight *cough cough*
Ok, so what I learn from this is I should refresh before posting - because that was not the rule when I started writing my post.  Unagi