Crashed

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Wargus

Crashed

Post by Wargus »

This may have been coincidence, however the forum went down (became unresponsive to me at least) today after I did something dumb.

I had writing a reply to a post (in EBG\'There will be blood') and hit cancel. At that point I hit the browser back arrow and in passing my post decided, meh, I suppose I should post it. At which point things stopped working.

I'm afraid to test this, I don't want to be 'that guy'. Anyway, fyi canceling a post, then hitting the back arrow in the browser (bringing you to the canceled post) and then trying to submit the post may cause the forum to crash. Or may not. Test as you will.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Re: Crashed

Post by FishPants »

Wargus wrote:This may have been coincidence, however the forum went down (became unresponsive to me at least) today after I did something dumb.

I had writing a reply to a post (in EBG\'There will be blood') and hit cancel. At that point I hit the browser back arrow and in passing my post decided, meh, I suppose I should post it. At which point things stopped working.

I'm afraid to test this, I don't want to be 'that guy'. Anyway, fyi canceling a post, then hitting the back arrow in the browser (bringing you to the canceled post) and then trying to submit the post may cause the forum to crash. Or may not. Test as you will.
Lets test that theory out.
No.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Well I did it just there, and it didn't crash.

I think it's got something to do with the WDC Green HD on the server (as in the way CentOS interfaces with it.. Turning off NCQ certainly helped, but once in awhile it's still happening).

When I get a moment I'll ring up the nice folks at our hosting facility and see what they recommend.
No.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

FishPants wrote:I think it's got something to do with the WDC Green HD on the server
Got a model number?
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra