My wife is a gamer, I feel so blessed

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

lokiju

My wife is a gamer, I feel so blessed

Post by lokiju »

Yes, my wife loves playing games. I am trying to get her to post here, but she spends so much time playing games that she hasn't had time, lol. I feel like I am in some bizarro world. Hell, she even hates chick flicks, and prefers martial arts, sci-fi, fantasy, and horror movies.

Anyone else lucky like me? :D
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
moss_icon

Post by moss_icon »

you have a wife, but you type words like 'lol'? :shock:
moth moth moth brown moth
Odin

Post by Odin »

moss_icon wrote:you have a wife, but you type words like 'lol'? :shock:
Even l33t speakers will get old eventually.
FFG909

Post by FFG909 »

My wife hates games, doesn't like computers much. But shes as sexy as a stallion and makes 125K a year.

I can't complain. :P Blessed more than you can imagine!
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

FFG909 wrote:My wife hates games, doesn't like computers much. But shes as sexy as a stallion and makes 125K a year.
If your wife is sexy as a stallion, I think there might be something that "she" isn't telling you. :lol:

125K/year can make up for a lot, though.
Odin

Post by Odin »

Hrdina wrote:If your wife is sexy as a stallion, I think there might be something that "she" isn't telling you. :lol:
Ha!
lokiju

Post by lokiju »

I'm on my second marriage, and the first was with a pharmaceutical rep making 100k a year with free cars and bonuses to private islands. Hell, they hired the Beach Boys (what was left of them) to play for 100 of us. And money doesn't make anyone's personality more attractive.

I'd rather have my 60k a year Yale psychologist who has the best personality ever. And yes, she even loves when I type "lol" at 33 years old. :wink:

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
Huw the Poo

Post by Huw the Poo »

My fiancee is as into games as I am, although she tends to stick to the console. The only PC games she plays are Diablo 2 and Morrowind. She loves the same kinda films as I do too, apart from weird foreign stuff, and although she likes chick flicks she only watches them when I'm on the PC or in work.

She's also incredibly attractive, very curvy (just the way I like 'em) and is currently carrying my first child. I'm a lucky bloke too. :)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

You people make me sick :D My wife and I are complete and total opposites. If I like it she hates it and vice versa. Im not kidding at all ...and I mean everything! Im amazed sometimes we are still together after these 18 years.
shaggydoug

Post by shaggydoug »

Last nights quality time was my spouse sitting in the office hogging the computer playing Zoo Tycoon 2.

I had to "settle" for playing Halo 2 on the xbox. I'm in the middle of Half Life (how did I miss playing this awesome game).

- shaggy
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Tash plays adventure games like TLJ and Syberia. Can't get her into other genres.

But she does say "pwned" and "suX0r" in everyday conversation so I think I'm getting somewhere.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Odin

Post by Odin »

LawBeefaroni wrote:Tash plays adventure games like TLJ and Syberia. Can't get her into other genres.

But she does say "pwned" and "suX0r" in everyday conversation so I think I'm getting somewhere.
People actally SAY pwned and suX0r out loud? I wouldn't even know how to pronounce them, nevermind the questioning looks I'd get from whomever I was speaking with.
lokiju

Post by lokiju »

Sith Lord wrote:
LawBeefaroni wrote:Tash plays adventure games like TLJ and Syberia. Can't get her into other genres.

People actally SAY pwned and suX0r out loud? I wouldn't even know how to pronounce them, nevermind the questioning looks I'd get from whomever I was speaking with.
I work with 5-12 year olds, so I'd fit right in.

Azhure

Post by Azhure »

I'm not sure that my partner considers himself lucky that I play games as I'm the addicted gamer while he is only an occasional one.

Personally I'm quite happy that he has separate interests, when we are both playing (his computer is next to mine) he tends to drive me crazy wanting to show me whats happening in his game and talk about it while I would rather concentrate on playing my own game.

But I think he is as sexy as a stallion so I don't complain too much ;)
Dhruin

Post by Dhruin »

Mine is a gorgeous gamer and we like the same movies (not too many chick flicks, either). We pretty much always like the same bands but we always prefer different songs. :)
FFG909

Post by FFG909 »

shaggydoug wrote:Last nights quality time was my spouse sitting in the office hogging the computer playing Zoo Tycoon 2.

I had to "settle" for playing Halo 2 on the xbox. I'm in the middle of Half Life (how did I miss playing this awesome game).

- shaggy
Last nights quality time was me in the PC room playing Bull Run, and the wife out on the TV watching some late night junk. Then she said "Come up stairs for a bit, when i'm done with you, then you can go back to the PC"..

How can I complain about that? Left alone to have good gaming fun, get some sexxor, then back to more good gaming fun. Everyones happy, life is great. I actually perfer her to stay away from the PCs. :P But it might be because I have this nightmare about girls and gamers, and how most i've met seem to weigh 250lbs and have mustaches.
Boudreaux

Post by Boudreaux »

Daehawk wrote:You people make me sick :D My wife and I are complete and total opposites. If I like it she hates it and vice versa. Im not kidding at all ...and I mean everything! Im amazed sometimes we are still together after these 18 years.
You're not alone, my wife and I are similar. I have tons of different hobbies, she had very few. None of them are in common. I'm the gamer, she rarely plays anything. The one exception was when I got her hooked on WarCraft 2 several years ago, and she beat the whole game. I'll occasionally get her to play SSX or Virtua Fighter on PS2 with me, but for the most part my gaming is done alone and with no involvement from her.

The only area where our interests overlap is sports - and she's often more into it than I am. So it's not all bad. She's also been known to employ "creative" ways to get me off the PC for awhile.
Faldarian

Post by Faldarian »

My wife's a gamer. She's not the total crackfiend that I am over it, but when we talk about moving and I say something like, "Can't move there, no broadband" she looks at me and nods now.

She's hot, she's smart, and she's one of the best groupmates I've ever had when gaming. Can't ask for much more than that :D
Odin

Post by Odin »

I'm content with a wife who's hot, smart, and a great mom to my kids. I can't imagine what a mess the house would be if we were both gamers. We recently got some of those teeny little handheld games as Happy Meal prizes, and she played each one relentlessly until she beat it. I'm just as happy she's not exposed to World of Warcrack or the like.

Sith
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

The Bride of Ironrod couldn't be less interested in games. She doesn't begrudge me my hobby, and I don't begrudge hers. How can I? Her hobby (writing) turned into a lucrative home business...and she holds a well-paying editing job besides. Given her druthers, she'd spend 18 hours a day typing, every day. If gaming keeps me from interrupting her, hooray for gaming.
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

Sith Lord wrote:I can't imagine what a mess the house would be if we were both gamers.
I can assure you that your worst fears in this regard will actually underestimate the problem. :oops:
Odin

Post by Odin »

Yeah, that's about what I figured. One of us has to be responsible. I nominate her! :mrgreen:
lokiju

Post by lokiju »

This is why we hire a maid. :oops: Course a friend of mine from College...her father owns a maid service, so we get a nice deal, and a trustworthy person.

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Sith Lord wrote:

pwned can be pronounced "ownzed" and suX0r is "suck-sor."
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
WPD

Post by WPD »

FFG909 wrote:
How can I complain about that? Left alone to have good gaming fun, get some sexxor, then back to more good gaming fun. Everyones happy, life is great. I actually perfer her to stay away from the PCs. :P But it might be because I have this nightmare about girls and gamers, and how most i've met seem to weigh 250lbs and have mustaches.
WTF is sexxor? Is that some kinky sexual position?

And I think that nightmare goes both ways: Most guys who are gamers weigh 250 pounds and have nasty features too.

My girlfriend plays Mario Kart with me and my X-Box is in her room at school so she can play Grand Theft Auto. That's about all she plays though.
Odin

Post by Odin »

LawBeefaroni wrote:pwned can be pronounced "ownzed" and suX0r is "suck-sor."
That's good to know. The issue still remains of the "this man has lost his marbles" look I'd get if I actually used those phrases in conversation.

Sith
Two Sheds

Post by Two Sheds »

Mine is non-existant.
Famine and death and pestilence and war-
I'm pretty sure I heard this one before
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

pwned we normaly pronounce as powned and yes we do get odd looks but that is typical for us.
jztemple

Post by jztemple »

My wife of 25 years doesn't game, uses a computer only when she has to, and thinks it's a bit silly for a 51 year old man to get all excited about playing games...

Sometimes there's nothing better for a marriage than having separate hobbies :D.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I'm on my second marriage, and the first was with a pharmaceutical rep making 100k a year with free cars and bonuses to private islands. Hell, they hired the Beach Boys (what was left of them) to play for 100 of us. And money doesn't make anyone's personality more attractive.
I would not doubt the ex- is making 100k or more a year now after bonuses. Her family is wealthy enough that when she bores of work, she won't have to and they see to it that they want for nothing. (And y'all think the sciences are under funded. ;) ) She once said she enjoyed games, but we played maybe a few games on Mancala (African stone game) and she tried Creatures on the PC for a couple of hours. That was over the course of 8 or more years. I can't see me ever getting serious ever again with someone who doesn't at least enjoy parlour games like Spades, Cribbage, or even Euchre.

I have found that a healthy portion of the generation coming up after me has women who appreciate gaming and ironically there are many who don't seem so hung up on the accumulation of wealth. However, the generation coming up after me is still a bit too young in spirit and in mind for me to think about dating. Dammit if they're not fun to hang out with, though. :)
lokiju

Post by lokiju »

LordMortis wrote:Dammit if they're not fun to hang out with, though. :)
Thanks man, I needed that smile. :D

AttAdude

Post by AttAdude »

... I hate you people.

Carry on.
AttAdude
When confronted with offensive TV, the fundamental differences between the Conservative and liberal factions becomes blatantly obvious. Conservatives will piss and moan, then file a complaint with the FCC in an attempt to make sure the offending show is never seen by anyone. Liberals... well we just change the damn channel.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Sith Lord wrote:
LawBeefaroni wrote:pwned can be pronounced "ownzed" and suX0r is "suck-sor."
That's good to know. The issue still remains of the "this man has lost his marbles" look I'd get if I actually used those phrases in conversation.

Sith
It's all about context.

She'll say, "Oh man, Moss got OWNZED!!" and everyone will know what she's talking about.

You couldn't just walk up to someone and say, "I intend to ownz you."

MYT
Odin

Post by Odin »

LawBeefaroni wrote:It's all about context.

She'll say, "Oh man, Moss got OWNZED!!" and everyone will know what she's talking about.

You couldn't just walk up to someone and say, "I intend to ownz you."
I get it. I just don't think I associate with anyone where that expression would be suitable, regardless of context.

Sith
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

My wife loves games.... except computer games.

She'll play board games, card games, any old game - but she still thinks PC/console gaming is for kids.

:?
Two Sheds

Post by Two Sheds »

Exodor wrote:My wife loves games.... except computer games.

She'll play board games, card games, any old game - but she still thinks PC/console gaming is for kids.

:?
She's right, of course. Doesn't make it any less fun.
Famine and death and pestilence and war-
I'm pretty sure I heard this one before
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

My girlfriend kicks my ass in Virtua Fighter 4.
lokiju

Post by lokiju »

If it can be proven that most gamers are 20 and older, then I would have to say they are not for kids anymore. I think we should start telling kids they are acting like adults when they play games!

lokiju

Post by lokiju »

Here's what I heard:
Dirt wrote:I suck at Virtua Fighter 4 because I spend too much time padding at OO.
:)

Odin

Post by Odin »

Here's what I heard
lokiju wrote:I pad by accusing others of padding.