BSG VII -Sabotage -Game Over-Minor Victory-Humans

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: BSG VII -Sabotage -Day 1

Post by bb2112 »

bb2112 wrote::D
LordMortis wrote:
tru1cy wrote:Yeah, I'm not entirely comfortable burning a special one time use power, so early in the game. Remus is a unknown quality and I rather save that ability for Boomer if she still alive. Anyway, it's the Doc's choice
It's always the docs choice and it'd best to be the docs choice without the coersion of some sort of psuedo democracy anyway. That way the doc can do as redrun states and essentially become trusted like remus. Something along the lines of "I am going to bring Remus back and there's nothing you can do about it" and then boom Remus is back. A cylon would not dare fake that power.

That's a good point too! If the doc announces before, then a cylon would be an idiot to claim that power, because if he did then the doc just doesn't do it and the cylon is outed.

The more I'm thinking obout this, I'm starting to think CR is right... Which is scary in its own right. :D
Oh wait stupid logic. The doctor would be outed by the fact that he announced he was going to do it. Doh. It's hard to be this dumb sometimes. :oops:
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Chaosraven wrote: Hey man, I already posted my "Dude, I'm not a Cylon" defense :twisted:
Well, this time I'm starting to believe you... Which, again, is scary in its own right.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
theohall

Post by theohall »

bb2112 wrote:
tru1cy wrote:I was going to point a target at Qantaga, because he has to be due and I am still feeling salty from last game :twisted: . After reading CR and BB1122 I could be persuaded to vote for either of them
Wow, it is comments like this that is going to make me stop posting. The let's kill the guy that is actually trying to help argument is not actually helpful.
Helping doesn't make you innocent. Go read the game prior to The Fast-Action/Waiting Room and you will see what I mean. Some of us were "helping" early to make us look "good" later.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

• Athena (good Cylon) – Will always show up as a Cylon and can never be fully trusted.
  • Adama – Can never prove himself as Adama, but will show up as human.
  • Helo - Will show up as human, but I'm not sure on whether or not he can be proven. Galen's gun means there are two potential shots floating around, and that might make it difficult to fully prove Helo.
  • Starbuck – Will show up as human, but can't prove herself as Starbuck.
  • Galen Tyrol – Will show up as Cylon, but if found by Athena will be known by her and whoever he passes the gun to.
Those are the possible specials that we would potentially save Doc's power for, but none of them offer compelling reasons to revive them. Athena can never be fully trusted. Helo can only possibly prove himself if he takes a shot, and then he is powerless so in effect he's just a proven human. Starbuck can go right back to protecting the next cycle, but can never be proven. Galen is the closest to being proven, but only after he passes the gun. And just like with Helo he is powerless once he passes the gun, so he just becomes a proven good guy at that point.

What do we know about Remus? We know he's not a bad Cylon. He could still be either Galen or Zarek, so there's some risk in reviving him and having him hurt us. I don't think that risk is enough for the Doctor to not use his power though. He's far more likely to be good, so I think in this case negating the Cylons first kill along with giving Starbuck another target to protect and potentially saving a good special is enough to risk reviving Galen or Zarek.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

theohall wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
tru1cy wrote:I was going to point a target at Qantaga, because he has to be due and I am still feeling salty from last game :twisted: . After reading CR and BB1122 I could be persuaded to vote for either of them
Wow, it is comments like this that is going to make me stop posting. The let's kill the guy that is actually trying to help argument is not actually helpful.
Helping doesn't make you innocent. Go read the game prior to The Fast-Action/Waiting Room and you will see what I mean. Some of us were "helping" early to make us look "good" later.
Oh yeah, totally get that. But if people are going to use that logic for a lynch (especially for the first lynch) then why speak up at all. Just sit back like the other 14 people this game and not say anything and blend in the background. No worries. :D
theohall

Post by theohall »

bb2112 wrote:
theohall wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Oh yeah, totally get that. But if people are going to use that logic for a lynch (especially for the first lynch) then why speak up at all. Just sit back like the other 14 people this game and not say anything and blend in the background. No worries. :D
Just want to point out it's Monday of Day One. Some folks don't post in the day time at all. Some folks, semaj, seem to post only late at night, in the wee hours of the morning, or early in the morning when getting his hangover medicine. Patience.

Oh - and tru1cy posting more than once on the same day is considered odd by many, but I think he is actually trying to change his stripes from being considered the silent type. At least he has the last three games. I'd just ignore him for now and wait until the rest of the crowd speaks up over the next couple of days. (Not "ignore" him, but don't fret over the early accusation type things)
stessier

Post by stessier »

Wow - Chaos have the day off or something?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

ChrisGrenard wrote:While I agree with Lagom Lite, I can also say that as a member of Team Evil last game we reveled in that poor Lagom was not very accurate in his voting record against us. Thus, this game, I'm inclined to do the exact opposite of whatever he says.

That said, bb2112 certainly looks like a name that a hexadecimal speaking creature would use...
I nailed Scoop and tru1cy, but whatever.

I guess if bb2112 is evil, then so are you. And you sound awfully sure I'm not evil. And you're indicating that you want to follow (the opposite of what I'm doing).

I also find it's interesting how you defend bb2112 while trying to discredit me. Rings a bell from how the baddies acted last game, now that you mention it, when I was dead right about Scoop on Day 1 but the wolves managed to deflect the issue in this way.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Lagom Lite wrote:
ChrisGrenard wrote:While I agree with Lagom Lite, I can also say that as a member of Team Evil last game we reveled in that poor Lagom was not very accurate in his voting record against us. Thus, this game, I'm inclined to do the exact opposite of whatever he says.

That said, bb2112 certainly looks like a name that a hexadecimal speaking creature would use...

I guess if bb2112 is evil, then so are you. And you sound awfully sure I'm not evil. And you're indicating that you want to follow (the opposite of what I'm doing).

I also find it's interesting how you defend bb2112 while trying to discredit me. Rings a bell from how the baddies acted last game, now that you mention it, when I was dead right about Scoop on Day 1 but the wolves managed to deflect the issue in this way.
Chris has other tells for when he's evil (which he obviously was last game) none of which has poked up in this lonely post.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Lagom Lite wrote:

Umm... don't Cylons "speak hexadecimal"?? Just sayin' it doesn't look like he is defending bb2112. It does look like he is trying to discredit you, though.
theohall

Post by theohall »

LordMortis wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:

Chris has other tells for when he's evil (which he obviously was last game) none of which has poked up in this lonely post.
Apparently, you all used to lynch Chris anyway, just to be sure. Found it interesting the old crowd seemed to have forgotten this in Wolf Woods.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

theohall wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:

Umm... don't Cylons "speak hexadecimal"?? Just sayin' it doesn't look like he is defending bb2112. It does look like he is trying to discredit you, though.
What I 'm saying is, trying to discredit me when I'm throwing out a bb2112 vote right out of the bat like this is exactly like defending him.

This is what CG is saying: "Lagom is a fool, therefore his vote is wrong, but I'm cautiously stating bb2112 might be Cylon so I don't appear suspicious if he does get lynched."
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

LordMortis wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:

CG never slips? :shock:
Is there anyone in hell?

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

stessier wrote:Wow - Chaos have the day off or something?
back to afternoon shift starting today, had the morning to play with my SPP and post on OO :)
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Since there has been so much positive vibes on the resurect dealio...am trying to think of some downsides to provide a counter argument for doc. But its his shot.
-can save it to prove self
-can use it to revive a self proclaimed special later
-we really dont know anything about remus...could be traitor, could chief...could have been an infected traitor...all we know he was targeted.
-is it really a significant gain right now?

Speaking on the last point...why remus?....is it because he's a competent player? Is it due to some faction in here trying to ignite local rivalries; or is it a frame up to make us assume its that? he had no posts in the game. So teh cylons just wanted him poof...dead....will be interesting who their next target is.

I just read over the rules...and roles some thigns that jump out
-looks like Doc's power is only night/day after the kill/lynch...so no holding it back or reviving someone at a later time.
-doral (exploding cylon) can go boom with 1 vote on him
- we also have to look out for quiet people in the game as well...since one of us could be "sedated" by the cylons. Just a heads up.
-Zarek dies then the mutiny traitor bit dies also

If starbuck protects someone and they are cylon (evil) and she goes boom....does that replace the night kill or is it in addition to the night kill? And if thats the case....is that the only time there could be 2 night deaths?
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Just read the Zarek rules. I suppose that's always a chance. But if the cylon's don't know he's zarek then he just gets assassinated again anyway and that's a double bonus for the humans and would make me laugh to boot.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Are traitors still traitors after Zarek dies?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Meaning "does he win if living traitors outnumber non"? With 19 people and 1 possible traitor this is a far future issue
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

What about Galen sacrificing himself for the Good? What side does he count for before Found by either side?
"Where are you off to?"

msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Newcastle wrote:-is it really a significant gain right now?
Well we foil the Cylons night kill, bring back someone who right now is counting towards a good victory (even if Remus was Galen or Zarek), and give Starbuck another known target to protect.

But I think the real question should be is there a significant gain in waiting?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Found it, human side. Ok, so 5 (athena adama helo starbuck and doc), 1 either/or, and 4 evil. Zarek has 19 targets to choose from, with 9 being viable corruption (13 according to 'his' numbers). If Zarek gets a number he doesn't expect, he must figure either (a) good special was his target, or (b) adama fixed one.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Is a revived traitor still a traitor?
"Where are you off to?"

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

i think also every day, we should be very aware of who hasnt checked in yet, so we can determine as early as possible who has been silenced.....just so we know who the cylons have targeted and maybe try to figure out why. So i think it would be incumbent on everyone on this battlestar to check in as early as possible, even if you dont have anything to say. With time restricted days, we need to know ASAP who's been gagged.
Bayraktar!!!!

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Because if he is, the longer doc waits, the more likely he revives a traitor unless they were confirmed a good special.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Newcastle wrote:i think also every day, we should be very aware of who hasnt checked in yet, so we can determine as early as possible who has been silenced.....just so we know who the cylons have targeted and maybe try to figure out why. So i think it would be incumbent on everyone on this battlestar to check in as early as possible, even if you dont have anything to say. With time restricted days, we need to know ASAP who's been gagged.
sedative is also One Time. Assume they will save it for silencing a revealed special or to win the game (making talky players equal parts toasters and good).
"Where are you off to?"

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Code: Select all

1	Newcastle	----------	
2	tru1cy	----------	
3	RMC	----------	
4	Isgrimnur	----------	
5	Chaosraven	----------	
6	bb2112	----------	
7	theohall	----------	
8	proner	----------	
9	Qantaga	----------	
10	Grundbegriff	----------	
11	stessier	----------	
12	scoop	----------	
13	redrun	----------	
14	Unagi	----------	
15	Lagom Lite	----------	bb2112
16	LordMortis	----------	grundbegriff
17	semaj	----------	
18	ChrisGrenard	----------	
19	msteelers	----------	

bb2112 - 1	----------	Lagom Lite
	Grundbegriff -1	----------	Lord Mortis
		----------	
		----------	
		----------	
		----------	
		----------	

Majority is:	10	
	Deadline is:	Monday May 23rd 9 PM Central	

4	Remus West	----------	killed
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

a revived traitor is still a traitor, if Zarek dies they are still traitors but they will not act because Zarek is not around to order them to attack. So the traitors can win with the humans.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I've said it on record before that Remus is always a good kill for the bad guys, as it shuts down a fountain of information dumps and analysis. It also tends to point to the baddies having at least one long-time player around to kill him, if for no other reason that and the "lulz".

Nothing's really setting off my cylon detector at the moment, but I have to admit that my mental state today is much more directed internally than external.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Isgrimnur wrote:my mental state today is much more directed internally than external.
I told you eating that fish taco from the street vendor was a bad idea!
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:)

If that were only the biggest of my problems. My lease is up and the regional office has determined my rent needs to go up, despite the fact that their website and the lease officer's book both show my floorplan available to new tenants at the rate that I'm paying now.

The leasing agents can't override it, so I had to call the leasing manager, who still doesn't have the power to address it, and has to send it up to regional for them to look into it. I would hate to work for a company where it takes that much effort to override something. I used to have the power to correct issues up to 275% higher than this as needed for my customers when I worked in the cell phone industry. How can it be this hard when dealing with apartment leases?
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Isgrimnur wrote::)

If that were only the biggest of my problems. My lease is up and the regional office has determined my rent needs to go up, despite the fact that their website and the lease officer's book both show my floorplan available to new tenants at the rate that I'm paying now.

The leasing agents can't override it, so I had to call the leasing manager, who still doesn't have the power to address it, and has to send it up to regional for them to look into it. I would hate to work for a company where it takes that much effort to override something. I used to have the power to correct issues up to 275% higher than this as needed for my customers when I worked in the cell phone industry. How can it be this hard when dealing with apartment leases?
Threaten to move out and move next door, or to move out and the company could lose your business overall if they don't match. Usually a threat is all it takes for them to see through the stupidity.

Good luck!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

While I'm not in a position to do so today, I will make certain they know that I will be making it my last renewal and making sure that everyone I know and every social media and review site knows of my displeasure in detail.

Oh, and:

theohall 

Just because he seems to know more than he should about Cylon communication methods.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Isgrimnur wrote: Oh, and:

theohall 

Just because he seems to know more than he should about Cylon communication methods.
While the first Cylons may have used the easily breakable hexadecimal system, I believe the newer models have moved to a radix64 system and these secret ones may have developed a base128 version which is why we can't find them.

Isgrimnur 

For claiming to know something about me. :P in other words, triggercut
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

1 Newcastle ----------
2 tru1cy ----------
3 RMC ----------
4 Isgrimnur ---------- theohall
5 Chaosraven ----------
6 bb2112 ----------
7 theohall ---------- isgrimnur
8 proner ----------
9 Qantaga ----------
10 Grundbegriff ----------
11 stessier ----------
12 scoop ----------
13 redrun ----------
14 Unagi ----------
15 Lagom Lite ---------- bb2112
16 LordMortis ---------- grundbegriff
17 semaj ----------
18 ChrisGrenard ----------
19 msteelers ----------

bb2112 - 1 ---------- Lagom Lite
Grundbegriff -1 ---------- Lord Mortis
theohall - 1 ---------- Isgrimnur
Isgrimnur -1 ---------- Theohall
----------
----------
----------

Majority is: 10
Deadline is: Monday May 23rd 9 PM Central

4 Remus West ---------- killed

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Chaosraven wrote:Because if he is, the longer doc waits, the more likely he revives a traitor unless they were confirmed a good special.
I am thinking its a better course of action to revive remus now, instead of waiting. There are lots of reasons as you've pointed out. But that's neither here nor there..only the doc can make that choice. But if it were to be voted on by everyone, i'd be in the Resurect Remus crowd.

Having said that who hasn't checked in yet: Proner, RMC, Semaj . I think those are right correct?

So

PRONER 

this is more for him to just check in and say hi......i think its imperative we find out if someone has been silenced...other reason is that we should force this every day so we know if 1 person wont be voting and such we are not waiting around for x person to say something, when in actuality they cant. Plus I saw him lurking around earlier.
Bayraktar!!!!

Chaosraven

Re: is this thing on? *tap* *tap* *tap*

Post by Chaosraven »

Sedative is a one time power.
"Where are you off to?"

RMC

Post by RMC »

Hello all... I'm here, OO is semi-blocked at work now, so I have to wait until I am at home to post.

I am just reading up and following the line of reasoning on Doc using his ability, and I have to say the longer he waits the more chance he get's offed. But I think it is too early for him to raise anyone. But it is his decision.

So far, no one has really jumped out to me as a Cylon, so I am in my wait and see what everyone has to say.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Lagom Lite wrote:I nailed Scoop and tru1cy, but whatever.
This sounds like the plot to some weird Swedish skin flick.

Hey, I'm alive. Oh, crap this proves I'm an evil cylon. Or am I?

Or am I not?

Or could I be?

Or could I not be?

To be or not be?

Anyway, since I'm alive it means two things:
1. None of the evil cylons worry about me hunting them down again.
2. The evil cylons aren't looking forward to R. SCOTT III (Coming to a gaming forum near you). :(

I gets no respect. Not like, Lassr.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

We could always lynch you so you can get working on it...
"Where are you off to?"

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Chaosraven wrote:We could always lynch you so you can get working on it...
Naw, it lost its appeal once we got past Night 0. Now, I'm pissed and got evil cylons to hunt.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906