Elder Scrolls Skyrim thread

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Punisher

Re: Elder Scrolls Skyrim thread

Post by Punisher »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:50 pm
Punisher wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:03 am Ok. Sounds good. Its on my lust.
Gaming perv :) :twisted:
Not gonba lie. Took me a bit to understand what you meant.
Brains gonna brain..
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Punisher wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:03 am Ok. Sounds good. Its on my lust.
See: Baldur's Gate 3 for your needs. :P
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Welp, big ol' update today dropped (600-ish MB), with no patch notes. As a result, my barely modded Skyrim (almost all texture updates) is not working. Poot.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:05 pm Welp, big ol' update today dropped (600-ish MB), with no patch notes. As a result, my barely modded Skyrim (almost all texture updates) is not working. Poot.
The big change was them adding the 'creations' system - IE, another go at paid mods/premium currencies. Because Bethesda.

The most likely cause of any problems with the game is SKSE (the script extender if you're using it.) That usually gets updated within a few days. After it's updated, I'd very, very strongly recommend preventing it from updating. It's a pretty important part of running any Bethesda game modded - locking it down once you get it working. If you're using the script extender (and you should be, whether you're running mods that use it or not), you'll never actually be doing what Steam counts as 'launching the game', so it won't install the updates.

If you're ever running a heavily modded game, I'd also recommend backing the entire thing up once you have it where you want it.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

If you want to give it a try, you can also grab a copy of the Skyrim.exe from the previous version. There are always numerous copies available after an update (there are mods that do nothing but back up the .exe if there isn't already a backup.) 99% of the time when Bethesda updates they don't actually change the code in the .exe - they just change the version number. The changed version number means that the mods see it as an unsupported version, despite it not having actually changed (most of the time.) It is the typical to keep playing if you don't have a backed up .exe on hand and don't want to wait for SKSE to change which version number it looks for.

As an aside, this is a pretty brutal blow to the modding community. Most mods still need their headers updated, and most of the mod authors moved on years ago.

Because Bethesda wanted to add paid mods. Again - after their last two attempts were miserable failures.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)