Chaos in the Old World

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Re: Chaos in the Old World

Post by Remus West »

Cultist into Troll Country

Power 3/6
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Slaneesh: Warrior to the Empire 1 of 6
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

cultist into estalia
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 4, Summoning Phase

Old World Effects:

-When Old World cards are resolved in the end phase, all cultists will be removed from The Empire and the event token will be moved to the region containing the most corruption.

Khorne is active.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Khorne summons Bloodletter (Warrior) into Bretonnia.

Power Remaining: 4 of 7
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Jow

Post by Jow »

I was wondering when you were gonna make an official appearance. :)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Summon Warrior to Troll Country

2 Power remaining
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Cultist to Troll Country

power 2/6
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Slaneesh plays Daemonic Subtlety - 0 in The Empire

Power 1/6
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

cultist into Norsca
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Jow

Post by Jow »

That's not a legal move, d00d. :) Remember the adjacency rule. Right now you can only place figures directly into Estalia, Bretonnia, or Tilea.

Note: you could get into Norsca with cards like Grey Seer, since card play isn't governed by the adjacency rule.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

oops, I was looking at the power that allowed me to treat any region with a skaven token as adjacent, and that is an upgrade, not an active ability. I will rethink my strategy. Sorry for the goof.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

does the 2 card slots in the regions limit the amount of cards that can be played there. In other words both slots in Estonia are filled. Can I still apply a card to that region?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

rshetts2 wrote:does the 2 card slots in the regions limit the amount of cards that can be played there. In other words both slots in Estonia are filled. Can I still apply a card to that region?
It does, so no you cannot.
Black Lives Matter.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

In that case.... cultist in Estalia
Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 5, Summoning Phase

Old World Effects:

-When Old World cards are resolved in the end phase, all cultists will be removed from The Empire and the event token will be moved to the region containing the most corruption.

Khorne is active.

Please verify that your power points remaining is correct.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Sorry all. Completely missed that I was on the clock. Will have my move in a couple hours.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Khorne summons Bloodletter (Warrior) into Estalia.

Power Remaining: 2 of 7
Jow

Post by Jow »

Yoohoo, Nurgle! You're active.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Whahey, how about that? I'll work in my turn today. :oops:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

1 Power remaining
Jow

Post by Jow »

A couple of notes, since we're nearing the end of the summoning phase:

--Once you run out of power points you are effectively done with the summoning phase. As long as your power points remain zero, each time it becomes what would have been your turn you are forced to pass. Once everyone hits zero power remaining the summoning phase is over. In the expansion, however, cards exist which restore players' power points. If you've hit zero power but then have power points restored afterward, you are again able to take turns until you run out of power again.

--I was messing around with Handtracker and discovered that none of the decks appeared well-shuffled. There was a lot of abnormal clumping going on, including one deck that had all four instances of the same card lined up consecutively. I took the liberty to repeatedly shuffle all players' decks to break that stuff up. This is the first random shuffler I've seen that apparently requires multiple shuffles to really spread things out.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Jow wrote:A couple of notes, since we're nearing the end of the summoning phase:

--Once you run out of power points you are effectively done with the summoning phase. As long as your power points remain zero, each time it becomes what would have been your turn you are forced to pass. Once everyone hits zero power remaining the summoning phase is over. In the expansion, however, cards exist which restore players' power points. If you've hit zero power but then have power points restored afterward, you are again able to take turns until you run out of power again.

--I was messing around with Handtracker and discovered that none of the decks appeared well-shuffled. There was a lot of abnormal clumping going on, including one deck that had all four instances of the same card lined up consecutively. I took the liberty to repeatedly shuffle all players' decks to break that stuff up. This is the first random shuffler I've seen that apparently requires multiple shuffles to really spread things out.
If you are at zero can you still play a card in your hand that costs zero? I thought you played until you passed.

Also, stupid question phase, when do you draw back up to 5 cards?
Last edited by bb2112 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Also, in interest of keeping things moving slightly faster...

Remus, it is your turn
Jow

Post by Jow »

Nope, once you hit zero you have to pass every time unless you jump above zero. Gotta get the 0s out before you bottom out.

Tzeentch is the only player that draws back up to five cards during the Draw Phase (which comes immediately after the Old World Phase - check the reference card for more info). All the other players draw two cards no matter how many cards they have at the time.

edit: would it help if i called the turns more often than I am? I don't wanna be pushy but I wanna make sure y'all know when it's your go. We're going on a month for the first summoning phase. :lol:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Honestly, each person probably should be PMing the next in line like we do with forum poker games. Set a time frame before timing out into an unforced pass, ending their phase. Exceptions made for weekends, holidays, ezmates, etc.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:Also, in interest of keeping things moving slightly faster...

Remus, it is your turn
Good lord, man. Go take your Titan turn and let me think, he just played before me. :lol:

I will play Bolt of Change in Troll Country
Obviously I will be hitting that nasty green thingy with it.

edit: and PM sent. :P
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Slaneesh - play cultist in Tilea
0 of 6 Power
Last edited by bb2112 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jow

Post by Jow »

hold off on takingt the next turn yet. PMing bb2112 about his last turn.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

And Remus, it is not my turn in Titan. :P
Jow

Post by Jow »

A couple more things just as reminders, based on my convo with BB, in the spirit of avoiding players getting screwed early:

--Dial advancement counters can only be earned once per region per phase, no matter how many times you satisfy your dial condition. This means, for example, that Slaanesh can't earn two DACs during the Domination/Corruption phase in a region that contains two noble tokens.

--Gods that earn DACs by dropping corruption must have two cultists remaining in a particular region after the battle phase in order to drop the two corruption necessary to earn the DAC. Exceptions occur, of course, based on chaos card play and certain upgrades.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Place another cultist in Estalia
Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 3, Summoning Phase

Old World Effects:

Slaanesh and Horned Rat are now out of power.

Khorne is active.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Sorry for the delay. Was jumping on and off planes the past couple days. :(

Khorne summons Bloodletter (Warrior) into Estalia.

Power Remaining: 0 of 7

Now, the fun starts. :)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Play Virulent Outbreak on Norsca

1 Power remaining.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Place a Horror (Warrior) into Troll Country

No idea who is up now due to power outages.

Power = 0/6
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

I'm at 0 of 6 - no action
Jow

Post by Jow »

Nurgle is active.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Well, then, let's end the phase.

0 Power remaining.

And I have no idea if I've done anything remotely approaching a decent strategy.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Isgrimnur wrote:Well, then, let's end the phase.

0 Power remaining.

And I have no idea if I've done anything remotely approaching a decent strategy.
It only costs you 1 power to summon a warrior? Thats messed up.