Chaos in the Old World

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Chaos in the Old World

Post by bb2112 »

Slaneesh will play a cultist in Bretonnia

5 of 6 Power Remaining
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

I can't read the board on the OP. What do I have to do to be able to see it?
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Jow

Post by Jow »

you shouldn't have to do anything. what are you seeing?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:I can't read the board on the OP. What do I have to do to be able to see it?
Not suck. :P
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:
bb2112 wrote:I can't read the board on the OP. What do I have to do to be able to see it?
Not suck. :P
Ok, now I'm going to kick your ass in poker AND fantasy football. You have been warned bitch.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Jow wrote:you shouldn't have to do anything. what are you seeing?
It says something about the application not being supported by my browser. Which seems really strange. However, I see it in my IPad. So I guess I am ok in a pinch.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Horned Rat active.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Horned Rat will summon a cultist to Estalia for 1 power, plus an additional cultist for no cost 5 power remaining
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Jow

Post by Jow »

rshetts: i assume you're referring to the Clan Rat upgrade. you don't start the game with upgrades: instead, you get them as dial rewards throughout the game. I'll place the one cultist in Estalia.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Jow wrote:rshetts: i assume you're referring to the Clan Rat upgrade. you don't start the game with upgrades: instead, you get them as dial rewards throughout the game. I'll place the one cultist in Estalia.
Ah thanks, I thought that was a starting power. If thats the case, I would rather play the grey seer card and thus place 2 cultists there.

let me know if thats ok, and I will adjust my cards accordingly.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 2, Summoning Phase

Old World Effects:

-When Old World cards are resolved in the end phase, all cultists will be removed from The Empire and the event token will be moved to the region containing the most corruption.

Chaos Effects:

Kislev: Havoc (Instead of rolling battle dice in this region, all Warriors and Greater Daemons each place one corruption token during the battle phase)
The Border Princes: Bloodbath (Khorne places one corruption for each figure he kills in this region)

Khorne is active.
Last edited by Jow on Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jow

Post by Jow »

oops, posted the game state before i saw your post. I'll change it now. Don't forget to play the card in handtracker if you haven't. :)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

When I played Havoc in Handtracker it did not specify only my units not rolling battle dice. Your write up says it is just mine. If it is just mine then I would not have played it as it just set me up to get my ass kicked in that region.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Jow

Post by Jow »

ack, you're right. Fairly new to the expansion myself. Fixed. :)
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Khorne summons a Bloodsworn (Cultist) into Bretonnia.

Power remaining: 6/7
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

you suck
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:you suck
Is he having trouble seeing the board too? :? :P
Jow

Post by Jow »

Tzeentch is active.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Place a Horror into Kislev

Power 2 of 6 remaining
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Slaneesh play warrior in the Empire

Power from 5 to 3
Jow

Post by Jow »

Sorry, guys, little hiccup. Still getting used to running this as a forum game. Nurgle needs to play before Tzeentch, so right now:

Nurgle is active.

If Tzeentch and Slaanesh want to change their moves depending on what Nurgle does, post after Nurgle takes his turn and I'll change the board.

Part of the reason for the confusion is that I didn't intend on posting the "blahblah is active" declarations other than when I post bigger updates with the board image. I've been doing it just to make sure people are aware when their turn comes up, but from now on I'll only post who's active during the big updates or if there's confusion on whose turn it is.

*exhale*
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

If you put a turn order thing in the board posts that will help.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I was wondering why Remus was going again before me.

I will try and get my move in tomorrow.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jow

Post by Jow »

To help further, turn order has been added to the OP.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Play Quicken Decay for 1 power to Kislev

4 power remaining
Jow

Post by Jow »

That will probably change what Remus does. :)

Round 2, Summoning Phase

With a little temporal action, we'll rewind back to Tzeentch's turn. I suspect he has something to do with this.

Tzeentch active.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I'll have this today.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Play Warpstorm in Troll Country

Power: 4/6
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

bb2112 wrote:Slaneesh will play a cultist in Bretonnia

5 of 6 Power Remaining
Take 2
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

bb2112 wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Slaneesh will play a cultist in Bretonnia

5 of 6 Power Remaining
Take 2

Wouldn't that take your power to 4 of 6, since you've already played a cultist in Bretonnia (the new one would also cost a power point)?

Or did you mean:
bb2112 wrote:Slaneesh play warrior in the Empire

Power from 5 to 3

as your Take 2?
Jow

Post by Jow »

Qantaga: Yer right. Slaanesh power is 4/6.

Edit: assuming he did mean he wanted a second cultist in Bretonnia.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Sorry, I meant a warrior to the empire. Power from 5 to 3.
Jow

Post by Jow »

fixed.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Horned Rat is active.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Play a rat ogre in estalia
Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 1, Battle Phase

Where the shit hits the fan...

Battles are performed in region order. For the first round I'll list every region just to show region order again, but in subsequent rounds I'll only list the regions where battle will be taking place. Dice are rolled in player order. Hits are scored on 4, 5, and 6. 6s are counted as explosions, which means they count as one hit and you get to reroll the die. Hits can only be assigned to figures if those hits will kill the figure. For example, one hit may not be applied to a warrior that requires two hits to kill. I will automatically assign hits when there is no choice to be made, but otherwise I'll pause battle and ask players to choose hit targets when necessary.

Prebattle board:

Norsca: No battle.

Troll Country:
Nurgle rolls one hit and kills one cultist. Tzeentch rolls one miss.
Last edited by Jow on Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Sorry guys. Had a busy day yesterday.

I'll make my move as soon as I can this afternoon.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Board image reposted with small correction (Slaanesh warrior moved from Bretonnia to the Empire). Confusion with the redone moves led to the warrior getting placed in the wrong spot. Thanks for catching it, Q.

Onward!
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Khorne plays card Terror into Estalia and moves 1 Horned Rat cultist from there to Bretonna.

Cost: 0 Power
Power remaining: 6/7
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Summon Cultist for 1 power to Kislev

3 power remaining