Chaos in the Old World

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Qantaga

Re: Chaos in the Old World

Post by Qantaga »

I'm sorry about that Jow.

Khornes plays Hate (card) into Bretonnia. Move Nurgle Great Unclean One onto the card.

Power: 0/7 remaining

Fortunately, not being able to play that cultist means no free VP for the Nurgle bully. :)
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 3, Post-Summoning Phase

Chaos effects:

Cards that have a magic symbol on them are noted by (M) in the description (and by a little symbol next to the card name in the board image).

Troll Country: Glean: (M) This region is adjacent to all other regions.

The Empire: Warp Shock: (M) Each Warpstone token and magic symbol in this region counts toward Tzeentch's domination value.

Bretonnia: Quicken Decay: When an opponent summons a figure to or from this region, Nurgle scores one victory point. Hate: Great Unclean One cannot be moved out of this region.

Estalia: Skitterleap: If Horned Rat dominates this region, he may immediately move any number of his figures from this region to one adjacent region. Bloodbath: Khorne places one corruption token for each enemy figure he kills in this region.

Tilea: Shroud of Secrecy: (M) During the battle phase, opponents must assign hits to Peasants and other opponents' figures before assigning hits to Slaanesh's figures.

Old World Effects:

Teclis Aids the Empire: Remove all Event tokens from the board and remove any Old World cards bearing the Twin-tailed Comet icon from the Old World track. Then, place one Event token in any region. - In the end phase when Old World cards are resolved, remove all cultists from every region containing at least one Event token. Then move all Event tokens in play to the region with the most corruption tokens.

Upgrades:

Khorne: Bloodletter (Khorne gains two victory points each time you kill a figure in a region containing a Bloodletter)

Slaanesh: Fall from Grace (If Slaanesh places three or more corruption tokens in a region with a Noble or Hero token, collect two dial advancement counters instead of only one.
Jow

Post by Jow »

And now for something a little different again:

Instead of PMing me your responses here, feel free to post them in the thread and keep the banter up. Figure that'll be more entertaining for people following the thread. I'll continually repost the battle section after each decision until the phase is over, when I'll repost the board image as usual.

Round 3, Battle Phase

Battle Results:

Norsca: No battle.

Troll Country: No battle.

Kislev:
Nurgle kills two cultists (roll: 6,6,5).

The Empire: Tzeentch rolls one hit (roll: 5) and must choose a valid target.
Last edited by Jow on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Kill one of the evil purple cultists
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 3, Battle Phase

Battle Results:

Kislev:

The Empire: Tzeentch rolls one hit (roll: 5) and kills a Slaanesh cultist. Slaanesh rolls two misses (roll: 3,2).

Bretonnia:
Khorne rolls one hit (roll: 3,4), kills a Horned Rat cultist, and earns a DAC. Nurgle rolls one hit (roll: 2,6,3, with a 3 on the explosion reroll) and must choose a valid target.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Pop the Warrior
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jow

Post by Jow »

And now, the moment we've all been waiting for...

Round 3, Battle Phase

Battle Results:

Kislev:

The Empire: Tzeentch rolls one hit (roll: 5) and kills a Slaanesh cultist. Slaanesh rolls two misses (roll: 3,2).

Bretonnia:
Khorne rolls one hit (roll: 3,4), kills a Horned Rat cultist, and earns a DAC. Nurgle rolls one hit (roll: 2,6,3, with a 3 on the explosion reroll) and kills one Khorne warrior.

Estalia: Khorne rolls five hits (4,4,5,4,2,2,6,2,3, and 1, with 3 on the single explosion reroll) and must choose valid targets.
Last edited by Jow on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

So, you let Remus roll for me again, huh? :)

Khorne will kill the 5 Horned Rat cultists.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Dice ain't rolling particularly well for anyone right now.

Round 3, Battle Phase

Battle Results:

Kislev:

Bretonnia:
Khorne rolls one hit (roll: 3,4), kills a Horned Rat cultist, and earns a DAC. Nurgle rolls one hit (roll: 2,6,3, with a 3 on the explosion reroll)

Estalia: Khorne rolls five hits (4,4,5,4,2,2,6,2,3, and 1, with 3 on the single explosion reroll) and kills five Horned Rat cultists. Khorne earns one DAC and 10 VP, then places five corruption. Horned Rat counterattacks, rolling three hits (roll: 6,1,6,3,4,1, with 1,1 on the explosion rerolls) and must choose valid targets.

This could unfold in hilarious ways if people are paying close attention to what's on the board.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:pop:
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

I PM'd Rhetts2 that he has to make a decision. He is posting on other threads. :(
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

sorry very involved decision here with multiple options. Ill have something soon. Just trying to stay alive here.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Jow

Post by Jow »

I received a PM with instructions on what he wants to do so updating the thread momentarily.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Dice ain't rolling particularly well for anyone right now.

Round 3, Battle Phase

Battle Results:

Kislev:

Bretonnia:
Khorne rolls one hit (roll: 3,4), kills a Horned Rat cultist, and earns a DAC. Nurgle rolls one hit (roll: 2,6,3, with a 3 on the explosion reroll)

Estalia: Khorne rolls five hits (4,4,5,4,2,2,6,2,3, and 1, with 3 on the single explosion reroll) and kills five Horned Rat cultists. Khorne earns one DAC and 10 VP, then places five corruption. Horned Rat counterattacks, rolling three hits (roll: 6,1,6,3,4,1, with 1,1 on the explosion rerolls) and killing three Khorne warriors.

Tilea:
Nurgle misses (roll: 2). Slaanesh rolls one hit (roll: 4) and kills one Nurgle warrior.

Post-battle board:

Last edited by Jow on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 3, Corruption Phase

Domination:

Norsca: No scoring.

Troll Country: Tzeentch dominates, scoring one VP.

Kislev: Nurgle dominates, scoring three VP.

The Empire: Tzeentch dominates, scoring 6 VP (one from the regular conquest value of the region, +1 from the noble present).

Bretonnia: Khorne dominates, scoring four VP.

Estalia: Horned Rat dominates, scoring four VP and using Skitterleap to move all figures in Estalia to Troll Country (which is adjacent to everywhere, per Glean). He also earns a DAC.

Tilea: Slaanesh dominates, scoring three VP.

The Border Princes: No scoring.

The Badlands: No scoring.

Corruption:

Norsca: No corruption placed.

Troll Country: Tzeentch places two corruption and earns a DAC.

Kislev: Nurgle places two corruption and earns a DAC. Kislev now has 13 corruption present (counting the warpstone) and is ruined, so ruination card #1 is assigned to the region. All gods who dropped corruption in the region this turn (only Nurgle), score 3 bonus VP as a "ruiner's bonus", as noted on ruination card #1.

The Empire: Nurgle places one corruption. Tzeentch places four corruption and earns a DAC. Slaanesh places two corruption and earns a DAC. The Empire is also now ruined and ruination card #2 is assigned. All three gods present score the bonus (4 VP).

Bretonnia: Khorne places three corruption.

Estalia: Khorne places one corruption.

Tilea: Slaanesh places three corruption, earning two DACs.

The Border Princes: No corruption.

The Badlands: No corruption.

Post-Corruption Phase Board:

Last edited by Jow on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:26 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Why the hell would you move to Troll Country rather than Tilea to contest bb2112 in the next region? He is going to run away with this due to dial advancements. The only thing you achieve by running to Troll Country is to kick me and I am losing right now. :?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Jow, you have troll country as Nurgle placing corruption. That should be me and it gives me a dial advancement token.
Jow

Post by Jow »

This is a really big update with lots of stuff happening so I'm editing this on the fly. Sorry about that. I'll repost the entire thing when it's done.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 3, Corruption Phase

Domination:

Norsca: No scoring.

Troll Country: Tzeentch dominates, scoring one VP.

Kislev: Nurgle dominates, scoring three VP.

The Empire: Tzeentch dominates, scoring 6 VP (one from the regular conquest value of the region, +1 from the noble present).

Bretonnia: Khorne dominates, scoring four VP.

Estalia: Horned Rat dominates, scoring four VP and using Skitterleap to move all figures in Estalia to Troll Country (which is adjacent to everywhere, per Glean). He also earns a DAC.

Tilea: Slaanesh dominates, scoring three VP.

The Border Princes: No scoring.

The Badlands: No scoring.

Corruption:

Norsca: No corruption placed.

Troll Country: Tzeentch places two corruption and earns a DAC.

Kislev: Nurgle places two corruption and earns a DAC. Kislev now has 13 corruption present (counting the warpstone) and is ruined, so ruination card #1 is assigned to the region. All gods who dropped corruption in the region this turn (only Nurgle), score 3 bonus VP as a "ruiner's bonus", as noted on ruination card #1.

The Empire: Nurgle places one corruption. Tzeentch places four corruption and earns a DAC. Slaanesh places two corruption and earns a DAC. The Empire is also now ruined and ruination card #2 is assigned. All three gods present score the bonus (4 VP).

Bretonnia: Khorne places three corruption.

Estalia: Khorne places one corruption.

Tilea: Slaanesh places three corruption, earning two DACs.

The Border Princes: No corruption.

The Badlands: No corruption.

Post-Corruption Phase Board:

Jow

Post by Jow »

Ruined regions are scored according to the amounts displayed on each card, with the players having the most and second-most corruption in each region scoring.

Round 3, End Phase

Remove Chaos cards: No effects.

Resolve Hero tokens: No effects.

Resolve End Phase Old World Cards: Two Nurgle cultists are removed from Kislev. Destination of event token will be chosen by Horned Rat (player with the lowest threat).

Score Ruined Regions: Kislev: Nurgle : First place with 7 corruption (8 VP). Tzeentch: Second place with 5 corruption (4 VP). The Empire: Slaanesh: First place with 7 corruption (11 VP). Tzeentch: Second place with 4 corruption (5 VP).

Advance Threat Dials: Slaanesh earned three DACs and ticks twice. All remaining players tick once. Rewards are below.

17 - Score 4 VP
10 - Remove one corruption from any non-ruined region.
9 - Choose an upgrade.
19 - Choose an upgrade.
24 - Choose an upgrade.
9 - Choose an upgrade.

Updated VP totals

Khorne: 30
Nurgle: 24
Tzeentch: 23
Slaanesh: 25
Horned Rat: 8

Check for game end: No.

Post End Phase Board:

Note: Teclis Aids the Empire needs to move its event token but there's a four-way tie for destination region (with 7 corruption each). Nothing in the rules on this one, but got a judgment elsewhere: Player with lowest threat (Horned Rat) chooses destination.

Things to happen in order: (please PM me with choices):

1. Horned Rat chooses destination for Teclis Aids the Empire event token (Troll Country, Bretonnia, Estalia, or Tilea).
2. Nurgle chooses region to remove one corruption from. One corruption removed from Bretonnia.
3. Tzeentch chooses an upgrade.
4. Slaanesh chooses two upgrades.
5. Horned Rat chooses an upgrade.
6. Tzeentch may discard one card.

I don't know if it will affect your choices, but the Teclis decision comes before resolving dial advancements so you may want to wait for that decision before choosing your upgrades.

...aaaand it's time for a break. Phew.
Last edited by Jow on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I don't have any cards right now so the "may discard a card" is meaningless.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

you can drop Teclis aids in Tilea
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Jow

Post by Jow »

Everything else is caught up - now waiting on upgrade choices for all players receiving upgrades.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I'll take the "Horrors" upgrade.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Jow, are there unit upgrades or Power of pain or power of pleasure upgrades?
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Jow

Post by Jow »

There are usually 3 unit upgrades, one for each type you have, and then two others. Here's the list of the upgrades you don't have from the Slaanesh section in the original post:

Rise to Glory - When calculating domination in a region, each noble token adds one to your domination value in that region.
Seductresses - When summoned from the board (rather than from your stockpile), a Seductress figure may bring a Noble token (if present) from its origin region to its destination region.
Daemonettes - When you summon a Daemonette into a region, you may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn. (Place the Cultist next to the Daemonette as a reminder.)
Keeper of Secrets - A Keeper of Secrets counts as three Noble tokens.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Slaneesh -

Daemonettes - When you summon a Daemonette into a region, you may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn. (Place the Cultist next to the Daemonette as a reminder.)

Rise to Glory - When calculating domination in a region, each noble token adds one to your domination value in that region.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Note: There are a lot of upgrades in play now, all of which are described in each update. Be aware of them!

Round 4, Old World Phase

RUN AWAY!!!!

Mass Exodus

Place one Peasant token in every region except Norsca, Kislev and The Badlands. - Discard this card instead of adding it to the Old World track. Note: Ruined regions are not eligible for Old World token placement so The Empire doesn't get a peasant.

Teclis Aids the Empire remains on the Old World track.

Old World Effects:

Teclis Aids the Empire: Remove all Event tokens from the board and remove any Old World cards bearing the Twin-tailed Comet icon from the Old World track. Then, place one Event token in any region. - In the end phase when Old World cards are resolved, remove all cultists from every region containing at least one Event token. Then move all Event tokens in play to the region with the most corruption tokens.

Upgrades:

Khorne: Bloodletter (You gain two victory points each time you kill a figure in a region containing a Bloodletter).

Tzeentch: Horrors: Horrors: When Tzeentch plays a Chaos card with a magic symbol, he may immediately summon a Horror (warrior) to that region for 0 power.

Slaanesh: Fall from Grace (If you place three or more corruption tokens in a region with a Noble or Hero token, collect two dial advancement counters instead of only one). Rise to Glory: When calculating domination in a region, each noble token adds one to Slaanesh's domination value in that region. Daemonettes (warriors): When Slaanesh summons a Daemonette into a region, he may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn. (Place the Cultist next to the Daemonette as a reminder.)

Horned Rat: The Council of Thirteen: Once per round during the summoning phase, Horned Rat may play a Chaos card into a region whose card spaces are full. (Place this third Chaos card near the other card spaces in the region.)

Things to happen:

1) Draw phase: All who haven't draw their cards. Then...

Khorne is active in Summoning Phase, round 4.
Last edited by Jow on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:13 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Cards drawn
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

My hand is full.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Cards drawn.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Cards drawn
Jow

Post by Jow »

Qantaga, go ahead and take your turn when you can. Nothing you could do would mess with Rshetts2 drawing his cards at this point.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

My card has been drawn
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Khorne plays Bloodbath into Tilea.

0 Power

Power remaining: 7/7
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Summon Warrior from Kislev to Bretonnia

5 Power remaining
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I'm really not understanding the move to Troll Country. I'm torn between defending myself there (as it is currently the only space I can use to gain a dial advancement) or trying to move elsewhere. :?

Play Havoc (2) in Troll Country pulling the Horror from the Empire over as it has a Magic Symbol on it

power 4/6
Jow

Post by Jow »

I actually do get it. He's been hurting all game and lost at least one tick due to Khorne piledriving him. Additionally, the board layout is pretty bad for him right now, with Skaven tokens (which trigger his dial advancement condition) literally on opposite ends of the map. Moving over there gets him as far away as possible from Khorne, makes Slaanesh Khorne's problem, and gets him adjacent to the only other region he can gain DLCs in.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Jow wrote:I actually do get it. He's been hurting all game and lost at least one tick due to Khorne piledriving him. Additionally, the board layout is pretty bad for him right now, with Skaven tokens (which trigger his dial advancement condition) literally on opposite ends of the map. Moving over there gets him as far away as possible from Khorne, makes Slaanesh Khorne's problem, and gets him adjacent to the only other region he can gain DLCs in.
Eh, with my being 4th currently and his being 5th I doubt either one of us should feel much need to slow Slaanesh . Let those in position to win fight him for it while we attempt to close a little ground. Khorne, in particular due to his VP lead, needs to keep Slaanesh from getting ticks.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Slaneesh - Play Festival of Sinew in Tilea - When an opponent summons a figure to this region, gain one power point. Power 6 of 6