Cryptic's Neverwinter morphs into a MMO and goes F2P

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

GreenGoo

Re: Cryptic's Neverwinter morphs into a MMO and goes F2P

Post by GreenGoo »

Just a heads up: Rapid shot is the first at-will the HR gets so there are 4. Its melee equivalent is pretty good, and its ranged version works with specific builds. My ranged HR has a chance to reduce cooldowns every hit, so rapid fire is good for that. In fact, if the game allowed it, I could have multple split the sky's, thorn ward and rain of arrows going at the same time. Unfortunately casting it again just removes the first one and starts over with the new one.

Split shot was mighty. I too will be sorry to see it go.
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

You forgot Rapid Shot.

Electric Shot is getting significantly buffed as part of the changes (also, the melee version of it was apparently always quite effective, but tons of people never knew that because they exclusively play archery).

Aimed Shot works extremely well in a party (even in a duo with a melee buddy). It is not effective in solo play because of course you get hit too often to cast it. I know the problematic aspect of that auto-interrupt was presented as feedback, but don't know if it's being addressed at all.

I haven't been keeping up with preview notes, though I did download a big Mimic patch yesterday which means there's a new build out.

I still don't view it as "losing" Split Shot, but as a requirement to adjust such that HR gameplay does not solely consist of Split-Shotting everything to death.

And with a bit of Googling, Gentlemancrush has posted this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/com ... ws_for_hr/
Damage reduction cut, still getting damage reduction but not nearly as drastic.

I would like to point out that ages ago, TRs got a huge damage reduction in the go-to daily, Lurker's Assault, down from 60% damage increase while in LA-mode to a max of 25% increase. Somehow, TRs still manage to play.
wot?

To be fair, adolescent power fantasy tripe is way easier to write than absurd existential horror, and every community has got to start somewhere... right?

Unless one loses a precious thing, he will never know its true value. A little light finally scratches the darkness; it lets the exhausted one face his shattered dream and realize his path cannot be walked. Can man live happily without embracing his wounded heart?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

silverjon wrote:You forgot Rapid Shot.
Electric Shot is getting significantly buffed as part of the changes (also, the melee version of it was apparently always quite effective, but tons of people never knew that because they exclusively play archery).
TR's are hurting pretty badly right now, but you're correct, the major nerf to Lurker's Assault didn't make the TR unplayable at the time.

I have a full on, boons and everything, melee HR. He...is not good. At least for PvE. He's the one you see occasionally, Silverjon. The melee version of electric shot is a full 360 PBAoE with unlimited targets. The problem as I see it, is that split shot melee is about a 180 PBAoE with unlimited targets, and hits harder. So the only time you (at least ) would use Electric shot as melee is if you wanted to stand still. This game stresses mobility even for ranged nukers, so standing still as a melee is probably not ideal. Even the GWF moves around for maximum effect. So if you're moving anyway, just position yourself so that all the mobs are in front of you and voila, melee split shot outperforms melee electric shot (which is the only part of electric shot that was supposed to be any good).

When I drop a rain of arrows on a singularity and then start melee split shotting everything, it's a thing of beauty. I'm almost, but not completely, not useless when that happens.
Odin

Post by Odin »

silverjon wrote:You forgot Rapid Shot.
You're right. I did forget it. it's the very first one and I overlooked it. I haven't used it in forever, but I guess I'll have to give it another try. (I was going to say give it another shot, but no.)
Electric shot has been my primary-button at-will power since... well, since whatever level unlocks it, I suppose. It's melee variant is pretty good, but it still takes me forever to cut anything down, even being spec'd for melee.
I still don't view it as "losing" Split Shot, but as a requirement to adjust such that HR gameplay does not solely consist of Split-Shotting everything to death.
Semantics. What I'm losing is the ability to kill things with my character before they kick my ass. That's a pretty big change. One for which, as yet, I haven't found any resolution. Reducing the damage of my primary attack effectively reduces the damage of my character overall, and the result is burning a LOT more heal pots or, when they're on cooldown, dying.
And with a bit of Googling, Gentlemancrush has posted this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/com ... ws_for_hr/
Damage reduction cut, still getting damage reduction but not nearly as drastic.
That's good news. How good will depend on the degree of the reduction.
I would like to point out that ages ago, TRs got a huge damage reduction in the go-to daily, Lurker's Assault, down from 60% damage increase while in LA-mode to a max of 25% increase. Somehow, TRs still manage to play.
I don't remember whether or not I used that particular daily, but I stopped playing my TR ages ago because he's way too squishy and doesn't put out nearly enough damage. His gear score isn't very high, so no doubt that's part of the problem. He's just not as much fun to play as he was at lower levels. Frankly, though, I don't equate losing a daily with losing an at-will. They're totally different powers and their impact on a character is at polar opposites to each other. For that matter, I rarely use dailies on any of my characters - I always find that when I REALLY need them is right after I've used them and they're unavailable. So rather than becoming dependent on them, and having them let me down, I just ignore them for the most part. Hell, I'd take a nerf to any of the HR daily powers - no make that ALL of the HR daily powers - over a nerf to split shot. Take them away completely. I wouldn't care.
Odin

Post by Odin »

Note that we're currently in a double-XP weekend. If you've got characters to level or companions you want to boost up, now's a good time to do it.
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

I play TRs a lot, and would say that "not completely useless" is a good descriptor for how they fare when I bring them into dungeons for purposes of personal gearing. None of them is choice #1 for runs to gear someone else, because my primary GWF currently benefits from OPness (facing some major nerfing there too) and can speed things up significantly.

A TR running Smoke Bomb and Wicked Reminder does bring some decent utility to a group, and I'm content to slot those for clearing because I know the lack of AoE means I'm not going to be topping damage charts regardless, so I won't bother to try.

Not using dailies is... well... yeah, you want to time them right. HRs actually get the benefit of dailies that don't consume all your AP at once. Beau runs with Disruptive Shot (which can be used a bit like a damaging encounter) and Forest Ghost (the panic button... buys time to potion and pop waters artifact, run away to dump aggro, and hopefully end up not-dead).

Lurker's Assault for TRs is basically something to cast as often as you have it up in PvE boss fights, and when available on big champion-types as well. It's a significant boost to the DPS from at-wills like Duelist's Flurry, and will allow you to use encounters without breaking stealth. It also regenerates stealth faster if you do break it. It's great. I like Bloodbath in PvP because it's pumps out some damage while buying a few seconds of immunity (regen, cooldowns, help arrives, etc.). I'm more conservative with dailies in PvP because it's harder to gain AP vs fewer opponents. Using Bait and Switch to refill AP is reliable in PvE, but smart PvP opponents know not to attack the black TR that is just standing there allowing itself to be killed. It's nice when they do though, and you can still dump one into AoE or use it to block an attack, in addition to the stealth refill you get from casting, which is the primary use.

CWs and DCs should gain AP fast enough to not worry about not having your daily up when needed, except in certain dungeon fights where everyone needs to save burst damage for certain boss mechanics (party members getting immobilized by grasping hands, add-summoning portals, etc.). DC can safely cast Hallowed Ground frequently for parties, choice of damaging daily for solo less often mostly because not needed. CW needs to worry more about casting the right daily at the right time than not having AP to cast at all. My GF is a tactician built to gain AP incredibly quickly, so I can spam dailies with him quite well; not sure how other builds fare. GWF uses dailies mostly for damage with the benefit of prones and knockbacks when applicable, though Avalanche has an immunity window useful for escaping a sea of red and then AoE proning everything when you land (not target capped, iirc).

For the most part, you don't need to blow your dailies while soloing through minion-level monsters, but they add some additional oomph to your rotations with champions and bosses. In content that isn't randomized at all, it's very easy to incorporate them. (I'll add that I'm both more and less conservative with them in Sharandar because of powries. I'll not use a daily when I could probably get away with it to try to ensure a full AP meter when I'm sure I want it, but I'll also just use it immediately if I'm focused by AP-draining attacks and not sure I'll be able to kill the little buggers first.)
wot?

To be fair, adolescent power fantasy tripe is way easier to write than absurd existential horror, and every community has got to start somewhere... right?

Unless one loses a precious thing, he will never know its true value. A little light finally scratches the darkness; it lets the exhausted one face his shattered dream and realize his path cannot be walked. Can man live happily without embracing his wounded heart?
KDH

Post by KDH »

:csmile: Preview: Hunter Ranger Paragon Path = Pathfinder

Enlarge Image
Pathfinder offers a suite of new survival knowledge themed utility powers. In addition, all powers have a ranged element to them, which is especially beneficial when in melee stance. In both solo and group play, rangers receive a form of self/group healing and a way to deal extra damage without alerting foes. Furthermore, the new encounter abilities offer additional crowd control and stealth allowing for burst damage or quick escapes. Particularly useful for group content, the new encounters offer valuable CC and a way to temporarily drop threat back on to the tank.

Slasher’s Mark, the daily power, is meant to aid the player in group play rather than solo play. This power allows you to leap to your target attacking the enemy leaving behind a debuff that restores stamina or guard meter whenever you or your allies deal damage to the target.
Spoiler:

How cool is THAT ... that, that .. snow, I mean

I guess this pretty much guarantees a free re-spec token
Ain't nobody got time for that
KDH

Post by KDH »

re: swordcoast adventures tutorial

it be NOT easy no more

I figured out that if I clicked the ? .. turned off tuts', then turned them back on, went away and came back, the tutorial would run

except that it now leaves you off at an 8-stamina cavern and I run out of dice on most challenges

I have angered the Gods by exploiting the ?

:mrgreen: edit: .. I have a couple characters that failed to trigger the tutorial (if it's even supposed to trigger for each. I don't know) .. and I was looking to pad out their companion choices ..
Last edited by KDH on Sat May 03, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Odin

Post by Odin »

Is there some advantage to exploiting the tutorial? I mean, the dogs are okay, but they're not so nice that I think I want a whole pack of them.
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

You can only run the tutorial more than once on the same character if it bugs out in the first place and forgets you did it.

If it gives you the wrong challenge, it's just being more buggy.

Edit: Hmm, perhaps they have changed it. Or it's bugged more.

Further edit: Well, whatever. Turning tutorials back off means you can play normally. Having "my first adventure" incomplete on your map would prevent taking part in event SCA until it was done. All this does is prevent you from farming a bunch of un-useful dogs.
wot?

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Web portal struggling tonight. Earlier it was Steam. Maybe it's me, but I don't think so.
KDH

Post by KDH »

:horse: Preview: New Bosses and Encounters

Enlarge Image

d(-_-)b .. Meet the new boss ... same as the old boss
Odin

Post by Odin »

The remorhaz is quite a thing. You really need a boatload of people to take it down, and you can expect to die a bunch of times in the process. The campfire is close, but bring lots of injury kits.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Odin wrote:The remorhaz is quite a thing. You really need a boatload of people to take it down, and you can expect to die a bunch of times in the process. The campfire is close, but bring lots of injury kits.
I spent some time this weekend playing Guild Wars 2 and the dynamic group events are my favorite part of the game - events would spawn on the map and players would come running. No grouping necessary because the game was smart enough to reward you if you did damage or healed.

Neverwinter had a similar event last year in Protector's Enclave that worked great and was a lot of fun. I'm hoping the content in Module 3 is similar.

Playing GW2 for a weekend served to reinforce just how great the combat is in NWO.
KDH

Post by KDH »

:horse: Module 3 Preview: New Artifacts
When Module 3: Curse of Icewind Dale launches next week players will embark on a new challenging quest ..<snip>... In order to accept this quest players must have two level 60 characters who have been to Caer-Konig. Once there, speak to Jarlaxle in Caer Konig to begin the journey. Completing the dangerous quest will reward you with new brand new artifacts that will be specific to each class. Furthermore, once you have completed the quest the artifacts will be available to each character on your account via the Rewards Claims agent.

Each Artifact will feature unique abilities for every class and can only be equipped by that class. Here’s a sneak peek at the new artifacts coming in Module 3:
Spoiler:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

:geek: These particular artifacts cannot be used to upgrade other artifacts (as refining points) due to their free availability to all toons on your acct.
Odin

Post by Odin »

The take-away from this (as I think I alluded to in an earlier post, but I don't recall for sure) is to make sure that you have two Icewind Dale-ready characters by the 13th, if possible. They need to be level 60 and have the full set of boons from either Sharandar or Dread Ring. Then you see Jarlaxle by the big fireplace in Kaer-Konig and get the quest from him.

Of course, it's not the end of the world if you weren't to get the new artifact right away, but hey, a free artifact is a free artifact.
KDH

Post by KDH »

as I think I alluded to in an earlier post
yes, I believe you did ... when you informed us of the requirements to get into icewind dale

It would be kinda cool if they were to interweave black ice into the other professions .. even alchemy .. add some new interest. It'll be interesting to see the price it fetches in the AH

anybody have any ideas what's keeping the ZEN exchange so high after the last sale? .. 456, as we speak .. :grund:
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

3 boons from either campaign, not full boons.

Black Ice is not going to be sellable or transferable. It's going to have two bars on your currency tab, like AD, but refining will be "capped" via how much you can refine through crafting rather than a fixed cap.

The only explanation I know of for the exchange rate is speculation, which is to say that people are buying up Zen to hold in the expectation that Mod 3 will further spike the exchange high enough to hit the cap. There will be a new lockbox, and new profession packs exclusive to Black Ice Shaping.

The new artifacts being entirely unusable for refining is a actually a bit of a harsh limit, though having them work like other artifacts would be deeply exploitable. Suggestions have been made to make it possible to reclaim refining points put into them if you acquire an artifact that is better for your character, but nothing has been acted on yet.

The article is either wrong about the class artifacts only being usable by one class or they're making a big change to how they work from what was originally stated and has been on preview where any character could equip any class artifact. If they're going to be class-specific, most of what made them a cool perk to reward people for playing different classes is gone.
wot?

KDH

Post by KDH »

:horse: From NW-Forums: .. whats the cost of the new BI equipment?

as answered by: theosymphany .. (of Kaelac’s Guide to Devoted Clerics fame) <-- an extensive DC guide :wub:
Black Ice (BI) Costs for Module 3 sets:
Purchase Black Ice gear: Helm 8000 BI, Boots 8000 BI, Armor 9000 BI, Icon 6000 BI, Weapon and Gloves drop from Heroic Encounters. Total cost for base gear = 31000 BI.
Black Ice shaping: Level 2: Gloves/Boots/Helm 9200 BI each. Level 3: Armor 11800 BI, Weapon 11800 Icon 6900. Total cost = 58100
Empowerment to rank 3: Armor 1500 each for 4 piece. Weapon/Icon not sure, assume also 1500 each. Total BI cost 1500*6 = 9000 BI

Overload enchantment are present on Helm/Arms slots that can fit crafted enchantments. Lesser 750 each, Greater 1500 each. Total = 4500 for 2 greaters.

Minimum for set crafting = 89100 BI
Total cost of whole T3 BI empowered set and overload enchantments: 102,600 Black Ice.

Daily shaping: 1350 per gauntlet per 10h 26 min with 4 Assistant Cryomancers. If you refine once per day without other gauntlets takes 76 days of refining. You can get 1-2k ish black ice fairly easily from dailys and a bit of HE grinding.

Takes at least 20 days to unlock lv 2 Black Ice profession and 35 days for level 3.

In my opinion unless black ice damage mitigation is very important (it doesn't seem so) neither set bonus is competitive with what is currently out there PvE wise. PvP wise the purified set is an interesting one to build around stat wise but bonus will depend on proc rate/cooldown.

Can't comment on the weapon sets as it's dependent on proc rate.
:pop:
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

Kaelac's guide to DCs is incredibly useful. It's worth looking over even if you don't play one because of his discussions of stats and enchantments.

I will say that for my purposes, regular PvP gear is better by far for my rogues because of the set bonus, and I'll be working on the Black Ice gear basically just for skirmish access and because I'll be getting the stuff for it anyway. Suspect I'll end up feeling the same way about other classes and the sets I have or want them in.

Did I ever mention that they're adding a new skirmish daily for level 60 characters? Can be completed by doing Master of the Hunt, Dread Legion or Kessel's Retreat 3x. Not sure how it tallies them and if you can mix it up.

Got my first angel and sold it for 2m and hope to do so with the second over the weekend. The third will follow in a few weeks, and then I'm months away from any others. I'll see what they're going for as I earn them. I do intend to keep one eventually but only after the price falls to that of other common-ish purple companions. As far as I know, the first one on the market sold for 15m and they're only going to keep falling.
wot?

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I suppose I forgot to log in every day and click my buttons... :doh:
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

If you thought the exchange rate was high before... well, they went and put keys on sale again.

Lockbox resurgence again. Pattern is shaping up that they run one of these every other time they change the lockbox, or prior to a module launch, which work out to the same thing. They've been in the habit of changing the lockbox mid-module (Feywild and Dark Forest; Rusted Iron and Unearthed). I think every lockbox change has had a key sale *near* it although last time they didn't drop the sale until the boxes had been out a few weeks, which means they got a lot of full price key sales out of people who had to open them *now*.

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/n ... resurgence

My Gateway Zen store doesn't have the new sales yet so I don't know what the weekly sale is (key sale is not part of that).
wot?

Odin

Post by Odin »

I just checked the sale in-game and it's huge. Tons of dyes. Dye remover (which I didn't even realize existed, but I rarely use dyes). Change appearance tokens. Skyblade kobold (blue companion). And keys, of course.
KDH

Post by KDH »

:tjg: re: the new CLASS ARTIFACTS .. and their usage by other classes

Hi all,

We apologize for any confusion with the new artifact quest being released with Module 3. We wanted to take a moment to help clarify how this quest will work.

Once you have completed the quest with one class/character, that specific artifact will be available to every character on your account via the Rewards Claims agent (It will not be restricted to a class).

What this means is that if you complete the artifact quest with a Guardian Fighter, that specific GF artifact will be available to every character on your account so long as they are level 5. To unlock other artifacts from other classes (like the Sigil of the Hunter or Sigil of the Devoted), you will need to complete the quest with that class (HR and DC); however upon doing so, more artifacts will become available to your other characters at the Rewards Claim Agent.

Hope this clarifies the new artifact quest. If there are any further questions, please feel free to ask, we'll be here to respond to them.

Thanks,

Dwight
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

While I'm not sure how much anyone here cares about their character looking just-so, appearance changes are 50% off this week, and if there was something minor you wanted to tweak, now might be the opportune time to do it.

Some major changes to the character creator are coming, and experimentation on preview has given every indication that the changes won't be compatible with existing appearances (with absolutely no response to feedback).

Existing character appearances won't be automatically altered, but it very much seems like if you decide down the road that you want different hair or something, you'll have to redo everything, and your character may come out as more or less unrecognizable. (But the ladies will get heel height sliders, so you too can walk like Barbie. :roll: )
wot?

silverjon

Post by silverjon »

Odin wrote:I just checked the sale in-game and it's huge. Tons of dyes. Dye remover (which I didn't even realize existed, but I rarely use dyes). Change appearance tokens. Skyblade kobold (blue companion). And keys, of course.
All dye packs, which adds up to a lot of items. That's neat about the dye remover, but I guess it does work as a dye pack not a bottle since when used it applies to the entire item. For the most part, the cheaper option would be to use the class dye pack matching an item's original colour scheme, unless you were trying to restore an item that came in a non-standard colour.

Not a bad deal though they've done 50% off all dyes in the past, including the bottles.
wot?

KDH

Post by KDH »

:naughty: they're showing the wrong image for the apparatus of kwalish in the lockbox-resurgence article

Enlarge Image

of course, they'll change it back and make me the fool :liar:
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

Yeah, I noticed that. I don't even know what art asset that is. Something that hasn't been implemented.

Nice clarification on the artifacts. That's how we were initially given to understand they worked, so glad they didn't decide to restrict their use.
wot?

Odin

Post by Odin »

Hero of the North pack is also 25% off.
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

Odin wrote:Hero of the North pack is also 25% off.
That's a first. Still quite a bit more than it's worth to me, but it does point towards future pack sales which might be enough to tempt me. (This module has been confirmed to have no new pack.)

The Moonstone Mask VIP room access won't be as worthless as it used to be since they are going to put some merchants and stuff in the VIP room to make it... um... functional, instead of an empty void.

I fully expect a portion of existing owners to be up in arms over the devaluation of their purchase, completely ignoring however long they've been using the included stuff.
wot?

KDH

Post by KDH »

ZEN will hit the 500 cap in a couple hours at the most

if you've ever considered buying ZEN from PW for the sake of converting to AD ... now would be the time

of course, if it all goes to hell in a handbasket ... then we never had this conversation ... despite what your forensic technicians might say in court

:coffee:
Odin

Post by Odin »

There's a cap?
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

Odin wrote:There's a cap?
Exchange has range limits from 50-500. Mostly a hard limiter on the upper end of inflation.
wot?

Odin

Post by Odin »

Interesting. I've had a buy order sitting out there for quite a while at like 350AD/zen. I should probably cancel that and just take the AD back.

I have a cleric who I never play, so I've never bothered to buy him decent gear to get his gear score up out of the 8000s. Today I decided that a big part of why I never play him is because his gs is so low and he's not all that much fun to play as a result, so I dropped a bunch of money to get him a full "Beacon of Faith" set, which seemed nice enough and wasn't outrageously expensive (since he was sitting on about 1.5M AD that I don't really have a burning need for. That plus a Thayan symbol he picked up today in Phantasmal Fortress and a couple of enchants (a level 6 and a level 7) now has him at around 11000. I'll run him through Dread Ring again tomorrow and see if he's any more fun to play. I could easily bump him up another thousand or two if I plugged enchants into all the other available slots he's got, but I'll only do that if I feel like I'm likely to really play him. At least he can get into Icewind Dale now if I decide I want him to.
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

More than gear, I think the real trick to having fun playing a DC solo is pretty much taking every heal out of your bar and replacing them with lots of *BOOM*. More than any other class, the DC needs to play differently solo than when in a party (though in a strong party, you can focus a lot more on buff/debuff than healing).

For campaigning, I use Sacred Flame and Brand of the Sun, Chains, Divine Glow, Daunting Light (usually cast in divine mode), and Flame Strike. Class feature is Terrifying Insight for another bit more damage. Lots of people prefer Sunburst to Chains, and that's ok too (avoid using in divine mode when partied because knockbacks screw up the melees - I only slot this for things like Spellplague platform clearing).

Healer mode in a strong party just calls for swapping in Astral Seal for BotS and Astral Shield for DL. Those are basically all the healing needed. A party in need of more active healing might see me replacing Chains with Healing Word or Forgemaster's, depending on the fight. Class feature is usually Holy Fervor to keep Hallowed Ground up more often to boost party damage. I'll usually slot Divine Armor for my other daily but I've never had to use it.

Hallowed Ground and Foresight never leave my bar. Feated Foresight is an incredible buff for everyone, and a major reason for going Divine Oracle.

This is my build, btw. It's pretty solid.
http://nwcalc.com/dc?b=nlq:27sim4:20dqf ... &h=0&p=dvo
The heroic feats used there are pretty much the only way to assign them for a DC, unless you choose to go 2/3 Cleanse and 3/5 Bountiful Fortune (which I think I actually did when I respecced). Many of the DC heroic feats are functionally useless, but all of the paragons have something going for them depending on how you like to play. A lot of people go Faithful in order to take Moontouched.
At a glance, I don't see anything else I adjusted for live.

Not switching to damage skills is the main reason why people in Sharandar/Dread Ring zone chat whine about not being able to run anything solo, or at least that it takes them forever.
wot?

silverjon

Post by silverjon »

Odin wrote:Interesting. I've had a buy order sitting out there for quite a while at like 350AD/zen. I should probably cancel that and just take the AD back.
You can always put a buy order back up if things start trending lower. It is likely to be a while before that happens.
wot?

KDH

Post by KDH »

:geek: you could actually BUY zen (with your AD) now .. and place a sell order at 500 for the amount you gained

silverjon .. re: your build feats (top left corner of RIGHTOUS) (2 points)

Divine Advantage: allies healed by you don't grant combat advantage for 1/2/3/4/5 seconds

is that a good thing? ... they don't say: in exchange for 10% more healing .. or similar. Or am i reading that wrong?

just curious
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

It means that enemies don't gain combat advantage against them, so yeah, good thing.
wot?

KDH

Post by KDH »

enemies don't gain combat advantage against them
Ahh, I see

on my own game screen, the text reads: Allies healed by you resist 80% of the bonus damage from combat advantage for 1-5 secs
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

Yeah, it got changed a bit. Partial nerf, partial clarification.

(Answer to all Neverwinter balance issues: Nerf the DC!)
wot?