Will a front page make this site unusable via work filter?

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

lokiju

Will a front page make this site unusable via work filter?

Post by lokiju »

What I am worried about is that atm, my school's filter let's OO get through so I can post on my break...but is that because it doesn't have a front page? I think it filters out gaming...so if the front page is about gaming, I bet that makes this site useless to me at work. :( Can someone help me understand what our network filters do to keep me out of sites like Console Gold but not here?
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

Sorry, I fail to see the problem......

:P

Actually I'm sure if you just linked directly to the forums it might work.
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
lokiju

Post by lokiju »

ROFL, jerk! Hmmm, I seem to remember trying that with GG back when, and CG this year and it not working. I think the front page dictates what the rest of the site content shows up as for the entire site?

Thing is, I am not sure what keeps OO from being banned while CG is not acceptable...I really think it comes down to gaming keywords.

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Well, we shall see if that happens. It may also be because octopusoverlords.com is not marketed much out there. Yet. :)

It may also help that we will always have pcgamesforum.com pointed straight to the forums. It may continue to not trigger the filters.
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--
lokiju

Post by lokiju »

I'll keep my fingers crossed. If I can't post during the day, two unpleasant things will happen. One, I'll have to work on my teaching preps instead of posting. Two, these forums will severly miss my daily banter. Both a serious blow to the world.