Elder Scrolls the MMO

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Alefroth

Re: Elder Scrolls the MMO

Post by Alefroth »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:53 am Need some advice / info.

As a Templar do I need to use any wep other than two handers? Im thinking its a waste since Im an Orc and Templar and its listed in my skills and lvl ups.

I have 4 or 5 glyphs listed as armor enchanting. I want to do blacksmith and brewing/cooking a bit. But Im carrying my 70 item limit SO much and my bank is full. Should I store this and just sell all the things like carrots and plants and such?

I just dont know what to keep...what to pick up as loot....and what to grab to sell. I try to keep named magic items like weps and armor even if I dont wear it. Im lvl 12 or so now I thiink maybe a little more. Im in Daggerfall and just rescued Lyris.

To add...I now have my own room and if I can figure out how and afford it I plan to add some storage chests.

Seems 3/4 the items Im carry say for beverage and food making. Then theres some items Ive got better of like a necklace but it wont let me sell the old one. Tempted to sell all and destroy the rest. But I could really craft a lot of food and brew if I knew the recipe.
You should read through the thread. I think you've asked those questions before once you stopped hating the game.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Well, I installed it and it wants me to install it again. 87 Gigs worth. I do not have enough space to get it agoing . Steam discussions boards don't help. :think:
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

You're very dedicated after all that to even think of trying it again :P
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

It seems to be a common problem and from what I read it will install the updates and you're ready to go, but it won't start to install again if you don't have enough extra space.
Ah, well goodbye forever ESO.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:00 pm Im low on gold. Everything I loot is not worth a lot yet. Ill check the stables. TY> Also guess I should figure out how to use the horses INV lol.

I checked the bank. Just skimmed it. Didn't take anything and have nothing to leave yet.

All i really want right now is a pet. I need to find out how to get that.
Confirm your account name for me and I will send the generous amount of gold that DOS=HIGH put in the bank for you.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Daetitan as I recall. Thanks.
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

If you're going to play for a while, I can invite you to the trade guild I'm in. If you're not sure, I can sell stuff for you. With most stuff (nearly everything), you make much more money selling through a guild than to the AI merchants.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Not really into crafting now. Just actually playing the quest and leveling. Ive had this game since about 2013 and have other characters but never gotten all that far because i do so much. So this time Im just questing mostly with a little brewing and food for health regen and blacksmithing to test and see if I want to do it on my other guy.
Last edited by Daehawk on Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Been seeing some wardens running around. they can cut through stuff so easy it appears. And having a kool ass bear with glowing eyes would rock. But I cant find the mopey for the addon . Lol. Its making me not want to play until i get the Warden for myself.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Got an email today where they are letting me in the Summerset closed beta and the code too. Might want to check emails to see if you got in.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Finally got this reinstalled the other day. Got that email today too. Haven't made up my mind yet tho.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:47 pm Got an email today where they are letting me in the Summerset closed beta and the code too. Might want to check emails to see if you got in.
I got it. Not joining. I'll just wait until it comes out early June.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I think Ill pass.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

O hai. :)

I've decided to jump back into ESO for a while. Was futzing around with both this and WoW, and ESO won out. On this new gaming rig, it looks really awesome on the highest graphics settings.

Playing as a Stam Sorc this time around, which has been really fun so far. Tarangoth is my toon, Stromos999 is the account. I think I'm still in the OO guild.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:23 am O hai. :)

I've decided to jump back into ESO for a while. Was futzing around with both this and WoW, and ESO won out. On this new gaming rig, it looks really awesome on the highest graphics settings.

Playing as a Stam Sorc this time around, which has been really fun so far. Tarangoth is my toon, Stromos999 is the account. I think I'm still in the OO guild.
Anniversary event double XP bonus runs until tomorrow morning. Pick-up the celebration cake from the crown store if you haven't already.
Bad Demographic

And another event starts this week - Tuesday, 4/24 at 10 AM eastern time - free trial of ESO Plus. So if you don't subscribe, you can take advantage of the subscription benefits. This includes the craft bag which will hold all your crafting mats. Also, for each day you log in during the even you'll receive a free Crown Crate - one per account per day, not one per character per day. You should receive the crates after the event is over.
The event ends Monday at 10 AM eastern time.
The crown crates should be available the next day or so.

When the event ends, you won't be able to put more stuff into your craft bag, only take stuff out. So get the bag and fill it up!

edit: Correction - if you have ESO Plus, you get the Crown crate.
Crown crates, btw, usually aren't all that great. You can get some cool stuff out of them, but mostly not.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Man, this game has its hooks into me big time right now. So much so that I shelved the new God of War, a game I was hugely excited about. I'm playing a Stam Sorc this time around, starting in Vvardenfell. I'll hit level 20 tonight, and am having a blast exploring this new corner of the world.

My only gripe is that it feels like the Morrowind questlines don't do nearly as good a job of keeping you adequately geared as the base game quests did. That also might just be a side effect of the world balancing change they made a while back. Feels like I'm constantly scrambling to find gear that's worth a crap, because you don't seem to get nearly as much from quests. I probably need to go back and run some of the base game story stuff to get up to speed, but have been hesitant since I've done all that multiple times already and don't want to burn out again.

I also need to figure out crafting at some point. Been trying to deconstruct items as much as possible, but getting the mats to actually craft something worthwhile seems like a massive uphill climb. There's probably a ton of nuance that I'm missing in that process...will keep working on it.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Learning crafting will go a ways toward filling the gap in your gear, especially if you find a set crafting station good for your build. I assume you're also gathering mats as well, right? Deconstructing will only so far in obtaining mats, and your crafting tier needs to match the material of the item to fully extract everything. The material nodes you find will reflect your character level and your crafting tier 50/50.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Alefroth wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 11:54 am Learning crafting will go a ways toward filling the gap in your gear, especially if you find a set crafting station good for your build. I assume you're also gathering mats as well, right? Deconstructing will only so far in obtaining mats, and your crafting tier needs to match the material of the item to fully extract everything. The material nodes you find will reflect your character level and your crafting tier 50/50.
I've been grabbing random stuff in the wild, but haven't made any sort of dedicated effort at gathering. I usually ignore crafting entirely in MMOs because I find it boring, but it feels like somewhat of a necessity in this one. Trying to wrap my head around it has been challenging, to say the least.

For example, I still haven't crafted my first damn potion at the alchemy station because I somehow screwed up the mats the initial questgiver gave me. He gave me two reagents and said I had to "use" them from my inventory to discover their properties. I did that...and now I don't have enough of them to create the potion. I haven't found any of that particular reagent in the wild (Columbine), and they're stupid expensive in the three Guild AH's I'm in (1,500 gold each, and I've only collected a total of 4,000 so far).

I'm sure there's something obvious that I'm missing there, as I can't imagine that literally the first crafting quest should be that difficult, but here we are. :oops:
Bad Demographic

Keep going around to the alchemy nodes - they will spawn different reagents each time (varying/rotating among 3 or 4).
Shoot me an email in-game and let me know what reagents you need to get going - I have a bunch since I broke down and subscribed. Now that I have a craft bag I tend to farm everything.

I find Vvardenfell a little harder to farm than some of the base areas - mobs all over. Southern Auridon and northern Rivenspire are good places to farm pretty much everything. And, of course, delves are a good source of all kinds of stuff, assuming you can carry it all.

Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Bad Demographic wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 1:25 pm Keep going around to the alchemy nodes - they will spawn different reagents each time (varying/rotating among 3 or 4).
Shoot me an email in-game and let me know what reagents you need to get going - I have a bunch since I broke down and subscribed. Now that I have a craft bag I tend to farm everything.

I find Vvardenfell a little harder to farm than some of the base areas - mobs all over. Southern Auridon and northern Rivenspire are good places to farm pretty much everything. And, of course, delves are a good source of all kinds of stuff, assuming you can carry it all.
Oh man...I don't even know what an alchemy node is. I'm sure I've come across them in my travels, but didn't pay much attention because I didn't know what I should be looking for. I did see an add-on which supposedly highlights them on the map, so I'll grab that tonight.

I'll also plan on heading back to the mainland once I wrap up a couple of these long Vvardenfell questlines. I'm getting a little tired of looking at giant mushrooms, tbh. :)

I did sub for a few months, so I've got the cool craft bag. I'll check what I need (pretty sure it's just one or two Columbine) and shoot you a note tonight. And thanks for the advice and trading guild invite the other day...it was a huge help!
Bad Demographic

Alchemy nodes: plants with names that are not for clothing.
Clothing would be stuff like jute, flax, cotton, spidersilk, etc. When you pick a clothier mat, the next time it spawns it will be one of 2 mats -- the one equal to your character level or the one equal to your cothier crafting level.
Alchemy would be like Lady's Smock, Blessed Thistle, Cornflower, Bugloss, etc. When you pick an alchemy node, it will be something else next time (sort of rotating among 3-4 other reagents). Reagents include the mushrooms, but you probably don't want those just now (like Namira's Rot, Luminous Russala, etc.)
So look for named plants.

Black Lives Matter
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Also, you can put points into an ability to have the nodes glow from a certain distance, which helps a lot with plants.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Finished up the Morrowind main quest (and all the quest hubs) tonight. Was going to jump back to the mainland and start on the Main Story quest (Soul Shriven in Coldharbour), but can't find it for the life of me. I apparently started the quest at some point, but I'll be damned if I can find "The Benefactor" who transports me to where it starts. The quests marker is way off the corner of the world map, and I can't figure out how to get to it.

Oh well, guess I'll just start running around doing other stuff and ignore the main quest. :?
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Since that is the very first quest in the main line it is almost certainly at your 'starter town'. I've been on hiatus from the game so I'm not remembering them right now but that would explain why you see the quest on 'the edge of the world map.' As I recall each one of the starter areas is a smaller island or something off of the mainland.

EDIT: Or perhaps not if you started with Morrowind.

Go here and see if this can shed some light on the subject.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Redfive wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 1:02 am Since that is the very first quest in the main line it is almost certainly at your 'starter town'. I've been on hiatus from the game so I'm not remembering them right now but that would explain why you see the quest on 'the edge of the world map.' As I recall each one of the starter areas is a smaller island or something off of the mainland.

EDIT: Or perhaps not if you started with Morrowind.

Go here and see if this can shed some light on the subject.
Yeah, it's definitely the "starter island" quest. But since I started the game in Morrowind, I'm not sure how to get there. From that link, I talked to the Hooded Figure in the first main town I came to, and she told me to talk to "The Benefactor". I have the quest sitting in my log, but have no idea how to actually get to this Benefactor dude to advance the quest, because they quest marker is off the map somewhere. It's really weird.

I probably don't need to actually do the main quest (I've already played through it on another character), but playing something without a primary questline just feels weird to me.

EDIT: Found this, will give it a shot tonight.

hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I'm actually thinking about jumping into this game (god help me, just what I need, a new time sink.) But I would do it on my Xbox One. Any of you played this on a console, and have any thoughts about gameplay?
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I tried it on PS4, and didn't like the console controls much at all. Played for a couple hours before going back to PC.

There's also the mod issue, as ESO (in my opinion) is pretty much unplayable without a whole bunch of mods and add-ons. I have no idea if/what mods are available for XB1 at this point, but the lack of them on PS4 was a deal-breaker for me.

All that said, it really is a pretty awesome MMO.
Bad Demographic

Skinypup, I won't swear this is correct, but I think you can find "the Benefactor" on a ship outside of Vivec.

Hentzau, so far as I know, the pc and console servers are separate. Playing on pc would allow you to hook up with other OOers who play on pc. That and the mods would be the main reason to play on pc instead of a console.

Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Found it, finally. As Redguard, you have to go to Pathierry House in Daggerfall. The Benefactor is sitting on the bed, and you talk to him to start the quest.

No idea why the quest markers suddenly changed from last night, but glad that I've got it straightened out now.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

The Summerset expansion for ESO came out last week and has been fun so far. It's mostly just MOTS, but the quests are really well-written, the new zone is beautiful, and the new skills (jewelry crafting!) have been fun to mess around with.

I maxed out my Stam Sorc last night, and am slowly working my way towards CP160. I hate the fact that the time between 50 and CP160 is a huge wasteland of crappy gear, but such is life. I've been trying to get my crafting levels up so I can make my own gear, but it's just soooo slooooow. I'm deconstructing anything and everything I can find, doing crafting writs every day, and am still only at 35. Bah.

I did finally bite the bullet and started running a few dungeons. While the low-level ones were all fine, anything that requires any sort of mechanic immediately turns into a giant clusterfuck. Maybe I've just had bad luck, but the PUGs in ESO have been spectacularly awful compared to other MMOs. It's quite disappointing, as dungeons are the best way to get XP and gear, but I'm not sure if I want to go back to them.
Stuie

Post by Stuie »

Skinypupy wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 4:31 pm I did finally bite the bullet and started running a few dungeons. While the low-level ones were all fine, anything that requires any sort of mechanic immediately turns into a giant clusterfuck. Maybe I've just had bad luck, but the PUGs in ESO have been spectacularly awful compared to other MMOs. It's quite disappointing, as dungeons are the best way to get XP and gear, but I'm not sure if I want to go back to them.
Dungeons are my jam. I'd be happy to run any dungeon with you and make sure its not a clusterfuck. I had to drop the OO guild to make room for another trading guild, but you can friend me in game and I'm happy to help. @Stuie is my ign.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I spent about 8 hours yesterday downloading 20% of the 50+ GB "patch" that came out a few weeks ago. Stopped the client and resumed this morning. It just started again from scratch, as though I never did anything at all before today. Who the HELL downloads 50 GB in one clip? What genius configured this so there isn't there a way to resume progress with the client? Absolutely ridiculous. Uninstalled.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:13 am I spent about 8 hours yesterday downloading 20% of the 50+ GB "patch" that came out a few weeks ago. Stopped the client and resumed this morning. It just started again from scratch, as though I never did anything at all before today. Who the HELL downloads 50 GB in one clip? What genius configured this so there isn't there a way to resume progress with the client? Absolutely ridiculous. Uninstalled.
I downloaded it in a few hours no problem. :twisted: I bought two copies, one for me and one for my daughter. I want to see if it would be something fun for us to play co-op. I was kind of stunned by how great it looks and runs. And well it was 10 bucks.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I really wanted to finish the main campaign, but am having all sorts of issues with the game timing out during zone transitions. It never shuts down or kicks me out, but will sit on the loading screen for 10-15 minutes doing nothing. It used to happen once a week, now I have to kill and restart the game 2-3 times a night. My patience is running pretty thin with it.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:52 pm I really wanted to finish the main campaign, but am having all sorts of issues with the game timing out during zone transitions. It never shuts down or kicks me out, but will sit on the loading screen for 10-15 minutes doing nothing. It used to happen once a week, now I have to kill and restart the game 2-3 times a night. My patience is running pretty thin with it.
Well it wasn't a good first impression that it totally crashed out for hours on Sunday. Seems they got slammed with new subs due to the sale and the expansion pack coming out.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Octavious wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:33 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:52 pm I really wanted to finish the main campaign, but am having all sorts of issues with the game timing out during zone transitions. It never shuts down or kicks me out, but will sit on the loading screen for 10-15 minutes doing nothing. It used to happen once a week, now I have to kill and restart the game 2-3 times a night. My patience is running pretty thin with it.
Well it wasn't a good first impression that it totally crashed out for hours on Sunday. Seems they got slammed with new subs due to the sale and the expansion pack coming out.
Are you playing on PC or console? The Summerset xpac came out nearly a month ago for PC, and I played through all the new content with very few issues. This new loading bug has really only started up in the past couple weeks.

Maybe it's an influx of new console players, but I thought they were on separate servers.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

This was PC. It was down at least two hours on Sunday from 8PM-10PM ET. You could get in if you logged in using eso launcher, but going through steam was totally down. Which sucked as my daughter hadn't linked her account yet so she couldn't login until the next day. 1st world problems and all that. :lol:

Bad Demographic

ESO Plus Bonus Event starts July 10 at 10AM EDT, ends July 16 at 10AM EDT.
If you don't have ESO Plus, you can try it out for free during this time (caution - this may suck you into subscribing). This means you can have the craft bag for free during this time and your personal bank space will be doubled. At the end of the event, you can't add to the craft bag or put more stuff in the bank (assuming you've gone over your normal limit) but you can take stuff out. This is a great time to put all your crafting mats in the craft bag and farm like mad. After the event, you can take mats out until the bag is empty.
Also,you'll have access to all the DLC areas during the event (Summerset is not DLC); you'll get 10% increase in gold found and xp gained.

For more info, check https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-u ... post/26435

If you already pay for ESO Plus, or subscribe to it during the event, for each day that you log in you'll earn a free Psijic Crown Crate - these could have stuff from the Summerset expansion (although, to be honest, they're pretty likely to have stuff you don't really want).

Black Lives Matter
Bad Demographic

In case any of you plan to do the Crow's Court dailies in the Clockwork City, I'll put some stuff you might need in the guild bank. This will be stuff like daedra husks and elemental essences (the things the crows want to eat).
Things like ornate armor, drink ware, toys & games --- you're on your own. If you need help finding places to steal the drinkware, games, etc., let me know.

Black Lives Matter