Elder Scrolls the MMO

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: Elder Scrolls the MMO

Post by Daehawk »

Thank you. Yes I found that appearance tab a long time ago and have used it a lot. Some of the outfits the quests give you are cool but in all my time playing I think I only have 3. Not sure how to acquire more of those. The Scarlett Judge is a favorite of mine with its mostly red theme.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

A lot of the appearance items are quest rewards, event rewards, in the crown store, etc. There is often one as the "big" daily log-in award for the month as well. And there are a lot of them available by grinding out daily endeavors. The only things I've ever redeemed through endeavors are appearance unlocks and mounts.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive got this little problem or niggle thats popped up as of late. I set my quest in the journal but once done it refuses to stay on the quests in my map and automatically chooses another one. Im guessing its picking one of higher importance to the the story but I want it to stay on the one I pick or at least the same area Im in. Is there a setting somewhere Im jut missing?

Very aggravating.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well..I just got an argonian comedian killed. I did the quest, talked to the ghosts, recited it to the argonian, he performed it....and a mage popped in and burnt him to ash. Im not sure how I failed that so bad. Maybe it was meant to fail. Im not reading guides here...its done and done. Poor lizard. Made me sad and laugh at the same time . Whoops. I hope this doesn't haunt me later..or he doesn't haunt me later.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:34 pm Ive got this little problem or niggle thats popped up as of late. I set my quest in the journal but once done it refuses to stay on the quests in my map and automatically chooses another one. Im guessing its picking one of higher importance to the the story but I want it to stay on the one I pick or at least the same area Im in. Is there a setting somewhere Im jut missing?

Very aggravating.
I had been seeing odd behavior in the quest journal after the Necrom launch. It appears that the automatic quest tracking option was switched off, so you might try checking it (Settings/Interface/Heads-Up Display/Quest Tracker/Automatic Quest Tracking) and turning it on if necessary to see if that fixes your issue.

Technically, the setting controls whether a quest becomes active in the journal when you accept it, but if it is switched off and you are working on a quest chain where you accept a new quest immediately after completing one, then you might see the behavior you describe.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thanks, Ill check it today when I log back in.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It may also have other affects other than what it says on the label. For example, when it is enabled and I complete a crafting writ that was the active quest, it will switch to another crafting quest if there are any available in the journal.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I just wish it would stay on the one I have clicked then when I finish move to the next in the same map. I dont want it changing to stuff far away and I dont like it changing to the quest I just picked up either. But Ill put up with that last one if I stays in the same area after I finish one.

That argonian comedian quest at first shocked me . I actually tried hard to help him knowing death was on the line (like princess bride) and when he died I was like "WTF now what....then it struck me how absurd a lizard doing stand up was and then a mage from prophecy poofing in in a cloud of smoke and setting him on fire turning him to ash. I still feel bad. In a single player game Id just reload the save Id made before turning in the quest. Here I have to live the guilt...and the snickering.

I wish after he turned him to ash he gave me a quest making me gather the poor guys ashes and take him to some place for burial and a ceremony.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I kinda figured out what that caster was using for the green beam wep. It must be a staff. I had never used staffs cause I didn't like the damage or effect. Usually all I found were the ones where the power attack was 2 fireballs flying out. Lame. I had no idea there were others that fired a continuous beam. I love that! Now I can use lightning and fire ones on full beam,. And stuff dies fast now I found that out plus have a caster companion too. I still haven't found the green beam staff I want so bad. I dont know what a green beam is...its not fire or lightning and Ive never seen a poison one or xfiles one lol.

Also I didn't know I could change my companions mount. Now we both ride bugs.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

One of the arcanist powers fires a green beam, so that's likely what you saw.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Aw damn. I dont have one of those...I went to buy the lastest addon or high isle one but the high isle buy link always took me to the necrom one and its $49 or $59 so cant get it.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:14 pm Aw damn. I dont have one of those...I went to buy the lastest addon or high isle one but the high isle buy link always took me to the necrom one and its $49 or $59 so cant get it.
That's because once they release a new 'current' version, that becomes the only version available for direct sale. You can get other expansions in the Crown Store (including High Isle.)
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Eventually you'll be able to buy the arcanist class through the crown store as well, but probably not until sometime after Necrom cycles into the back catalog, this time next year.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

One of the Prime Games freebies on Twitch this week is an Ancient Dragon Hunter horse mount. I gotta say, Bethesda's horse armor has come a long way over the years.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Max Peck wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:45 pm One of the Prime Games freebies on Twitch this week is an Ancient Dragon Hunter horse mount. I gotta say, Bethesda's horse armor has come a long way over the years.
Thank you for the heads up on this. Had no idea about this area of Prime. Got it.

EDIT: Dont got it..its not in my collections. It said it transferred. My accounts were linked. All it did was add a 2nd 'Random Mount' button..weird.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It worked for me. I've been riding around with the shiny new horse armor all night.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Mines nowhere to be seen even though it says claimed.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The only thing that comes to mind is to check that you've linked the correct account to your Prime account.

Per the FAQ:
2. I collected the content but I don't see it in the game. What do I do?

If you’ve collected the content but don’t see it in the game, make sure that the Amazon Prime account you used to get the content is linked to the same account you use to play The Elder Scrolls Online. If the wrong account is linked to your Amazon Prime account, please refer to FAQ "I accidentally linked the wrong game account to my Amazon account. What do I do?"

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I looked at my prime account...2 things to ESO and one to Warframe are listed as PENDING...the horse is one of them. Not sure why. I only have one amazon prime account and one eso account.

EDIT: I checked my ESO linkage and it wasn't linked . I linked it..so maybe it will resolve on next start up tomorrow.

EDIT: That did it..Im tired out..off to bed.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Good stuff. It may only be a horse wearing horse armor, but it's very nice horse armor.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I had another pack pending Id claimed long ago..a Dragon pack..came with a new wolf pet, dragon weapon set appearance, and a couple appearance change tokens.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well now I cant play this game because of the problems Im having with Steam and the failing SSD problem. Steam will start..say its updating, then open but nothing is usable...ESO says it fails to link to Steam, Steam cant access anything, cant open friends list even..then it will close and shut down all on its on..all within 20 seconds. Click it again..all the same cycle. So anything that is Steam related I cant play or access. The new SSD should be here Sat. Ill yank this one and put it in and reinstall Steam and see what happens then. Until then I guess tomorrow I play only Fortnite.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I started a new fun looking quest with the Star Gazers in Craglorn and Im dying left and right lol. Im lvl 32 and getting my ass handed to me. Lots of group areas I pass through doing my quests. The purple con stuff I normal deal with call in hordes of followers at points in low health. I finally had to give up on one fight and just move on for now as I died 4 times and the last attempt I almost had him but he suddenly was too far from his spawn point or something and quit fighting , ran back, and reset. Should heard the cuss words I used that time.

Theres also some triple reds in here. I think the fight I was just talking about was a triple red not a purple. Really coulda used that exp and maybe a better wep. Oh well. Ill swing by and kill him before I leave this map land.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Can a necro summon a twilight matriarch?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:44 am Can a necro summon a twilight matriarch?
No, but a sorcerer can. Summon Twilight Matriach is one of the morphs for Summon Winged Twilight, in the Daedric Summoning skill line.

Necromancers don't really have any proper summoning abilities, to the best of my recollection.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I know and thats just wrong. I always have a necro for their ability to summon undead. The ESO necro is pretty awful in that regard. I do have a skeleton mage which is nice.....for 20 seconds at a time. Ive got to where I have the timing down and can resummon him right before he crumples. And I have a companion...so Im basically a 3 man team of casters.
Last edited by Daehawk on Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

A lot of people expect necromancers to be summoners because they are in other games, but they just aren't meant to be that in ESO.

It's too bad that companions can't use polymorphs in addition to costumes. If they could, you could just make one look like a skeleon and Voila! You have a necropet.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:13 am I do do do a skeleton mage which is nice.
:shock:

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I love Galavant! I posted about it here. Watched a few eps I caught online. Too bad it was cancelled early in its run.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

They seem to have stopped giving me exp booster scrolls after lvl 30 or so. I dont have the real money to buy more yet.

Im also working on cleaning my quest list one at a time..first the fun sounding ones then in order. I seem to be doing quests Ive already dont with my warden as I remember a lot of them. In a way its ok as I can run through them super fast.

I kind feel bad as I zone into a place and an npc runs up begging for help or shouts out a quest to me...Im like "NO! Im busy!" and run past ignoring them just so I can do the quest I already have in that area lol. Otherwise Ill never get ahead. Ill have to go back to them later. I was doing map by map and quests as i got them headed to other quests. But it was taking forever and my quest log was not clearing. My slight ocd wants me to clean it out and do one or two at a time in the same area rather than shrining all over the world each time. Although some of my quests have me do that anyways.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Buying XP boosts is a waste of money. They trickle them out every month in the daily log-in freebies, but they're not really important to enjoying the game.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I can see that.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

How do you get the perks for conversation like INTIMIDATE and PERSUADE? Ive seen them in conversations forever now but I cant never use them because it says I dont have the oerk for it. Where do I get that?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:39 pm How do you get the perks for conversation like INTIMIDATE and PERSUADE? Ive seen them in conversations forever now but I cant never use them because it says I dont have the oerk for it. Where do I get that?
Intimidate is from the Fighters Guild skill tree, and persuade is from the Mages Guild.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thank you. I joined the mages guild. It fit me. Haven't had a chance in conversation to use it yet. Should speed things up.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I join all the guilds. I'm always an undaunted scrying fighting thieving mage psijic assassin treasure-hunter, kind of like how all Skyrim character builds are stealth archers.

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:39 pm How do you get the perks for conversation like INTIMIDATE and PERSUADE? Ive seen them in conversations forever now but I cant never use them because it says I dont have the oerk for it. Where do I get that?
Fighter and Mage's guild skill line.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

heres a pic of my necro with special blue smoke and blue & green orb effects....oh and new hairstyle

Enlarge Image
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

As a necro Im a caster so Ive been in light armors only and skilled that up. But I keep getting medium armor parts as rewards...even in big map wide quest situations. Am I missing anything by using only light or should I move to medium?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

All of the stuff that they give you as a log in bonus - can that be transferred between characters? I've been logging in every day to claim it on a level 7 I had from a few years ago, but I haven't actually started playing yet. Am I wasting my time?