Elder Scrolls the MMO

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Bad Demographic

Re: Elder Scrolls the MMO

Post by Bad Demographic »

If the guards kill you when you have a bounty they take your bounty money (I think) and any stolen stuff you had. Then you're all good.
Your "wanted" level should show up on the screen - bottom right I think. Or you can do a character check ("c" on the pc, don't know about controller). Wanted level should be in the upper right in red. If you're not wanted, it should be 0.
Just fyi, if your wanted level (bounty) is high, just stop playing for a while. If you wait long enough your bounty should have timed out.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Lol...bodies starting glowing wit ha teal bright light. Didn't know wtf was going on until I remembered slotting a spell to test that used corpses for health and something else. Lol. Its a cool looking effect but went back to my old spell in that slot.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I think Ive done all I can in Vvardenfell morrowind. Ive gotten 3 or 4 pieces or so of the warrior poet armor. Done all quests that I can find. All main ones for sure. Might be some hidden in small camps someplace. All I had left in my quest log was a MAIN one "Speak to Benefactor. Go there it ended up taking me to Coldharbor and making me do the original old tutorial and escaping lol.

So Im not doing the old areas again. How do I get back to that original portal room from the new tutorial area? I want to try some place new like the clockwork city or whatever..maybe Blackrock...something new. I just dont know how to get places. Im not even sure how to get back to Morrowind now.

EDIT: NM found I can use the shrines to go anywhere. Ok then guess Ill take my elf necro to Blackwood........and when my warden does all of Summerset Ill take him to Greymore...I think. Ill go to elsweyr with one of my two character last I guess.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I guess I cant just go anywhere wit hthe wayshrines...want to go to blackwood but there is no blackwood listed and there are no wayshrines in cyradil. Shrug.

Never mind again! Seems the wayshrine wont show it...but if I open my map and locate blackwood and zoom in it shows a active shrine I can port to and I guess I start from there. Weeee.
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

You could try the Quest Starters in the store. They might give you access to a wayshrine in a new area.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I guess with my dark elf necro Ive finished morrowinds area and will go to blackwood...actually already there and starting.

With my breton warden ill finish up summerset(big place) and then go to greymore.

I have an old original little wood elf thief I use as a archer..lvl 9....I think Ill take her out of the original lands and go to Elswyr and see how it goes. That way i see all the new lands I wanted to see before I burn out. She has an old quest to join some secret group that looks fun though. Hate to drop all those quest but guess I could always return someday if I keep them.

Ive done way too much bow wep with my warden. Im switching to total 2 hander with something backup. Now sure yet. . My necro will use sword and board with staff backup.. And the nightblade will use bow with dual wield backup. All will use their magic and skills they have naturally. May need to get my wardens skills reset as I put points into bow before deciding to stop using it and use that on my wood elf instead.

Game is amazing and huge. Ive not gamed this much in a long time. My ass actually is sore from sitting here playing so much. Need more old man pillows.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I need to reset my skills and get all my points back. So...........

1. Where do I go for this and how much is it?

2. I have extra points from finding the skyshards. Does the game take those into account when given back?..Like I haven't spent all my points on skills either.

Ive learned a lot since I started playing 2 weeks ago and know what magic skills I want and weapon ones now. I was using bow and put points in. Now I want to stop bow and go to 2 hand. Ill be using bow on an old wood elf nightblade...so 2 bow users would get boring...and tedious.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

You can respec using the rededication shrines.
You can visit a Rededication Shrine and pay a donation in gold that scales with the level of the character, with the amount of Skill Points of the character, and its number of previous restats/reskills.

Here is a list of the zones where you can find a Rededication shrine:
  • Wayrest in Stormhaven
  • Elden Root in Grahtwood
  • Mournhold in Deshaan
  • Vivec City, just north of Vivec's Palace
In each of these temples, there will be three shrines dedicated to a special prayer, one for Mara, one to reset skill points and one to reset attribute points.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ah thanks. That will help.

It would be really nice if this game had a minimap or transparent overlay map. I have to stop when Im traveling so much to look at my map and make sure Im on the right road/path/direction. Ride a ways...open map...right road? yes...continue traveling.....open map 200 feet down path....right road?...nope oops missed turn off....travel back....open map...open map
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

There is a good mini map mod. It's my one essential mod.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

My one essential mod is AUI (Advanced UI), not least for the mini-map.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info919 ... cedUI.html

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thanks I will try that one. I did see one for the normal map while looking at mods that colors those little tiny white circles where quests objects are. I can barely see them so colors would be cool. But I doubt two map mods would go good together.

EDIT: Guess I should link that colored spot map thing to see if anyone uses it and has an opinion on it... https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info339 ... am....html

Enlarge Image
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

AUI iinstructions say to find the LIVE folder in the ESO dir and then ADDONS...if you dont have ADDONS then make it and put AUI there. But I dont even have a LIVE folder. So not sure exactly where that goes. Im using the Steam version.

AUI mentions that you can use Minion to install it...Im guessing Minion is some form of a mod manager. Ill look into it.

EDIT: Ok giving up for now. AUI says I need LibAddonMenu. Got it and installed and it says out of date. AUI says turn off the warning. Cant ..see no way. Ignore it all and start game...no new menus or minimap. So download and install Minion figuring it will take care of it all. It crashes everytime i try to start it.

So i cant get AUI to work , LibAddonMenu says out of date, and Im at a loss how to work it out. So will fool with it another time perhaps. Or find a easier mod that doesn't require anything and is up to date. Shrug.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The path should be Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/Live/AddOns.

An out-of-date library doesn't necessarily mean that it won't work, just that its maintainer hasn't updated it to match the current version. The game will warn you about it, but if it doesn't start spitting out actual errors you don't really need to worry about it. If you are using the current version of AUI and the most recent version of the support library, then you should be fine.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I kept fooling with it even though i said I was giving up. Hate letting anything go unfinished....even if mad or frustrated with it. Got AUI and both other maps I downloaded to work. been testing them out.

Voytan or something's map is nice but sits kinda out from bottom right.
Ryvarik or whatever map is top left. Whats kool bout it is I can make it round so it looks just like the old Ultima Online mini map. Love it.

Did get AUI to work but not figured out all settings. Its map looks like Voytan's and i like the buff icons with timers. Not sure what else it brought to the table ..i wanted the extra slots (F1 - F4) for potions but cant see them.

And thats the things...both maps and this AUI are frustrating to setup...theres no easy way to see them and customize them at the same time. Like that Ryvarik map I love...it has a little icon wheel under it for zooming in and out and a few others things...but I cant figure a way to unlock my mouse cursor in game to move it up there and click on anything. If I hit ctrl then it disappears and the screen is replaced by my character screen. Sure would be nice to be able to move a cursor up there and use that stuff to zoom the mini in and out and such.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

figured out how to unlock my cursor in stream. Now getting somewhere. Love this minimap but if I can get the AUI stuff workign I want to work Ill just use that map...unless I can turn just the map off and keep using the other mninmap mod.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I like to take breaks from the main quests to do secondary ones for fun. But all I have are the one to destroy geysers and to seal rifts. Treouble is I cant find rifts..I see the map where its marked and I use the skull but I can walk around an hour in that spot and never see the rift. With the geysers theres nothing there. theres supposed to be a bad guy to kill and then kill all the stuff he summons so the geyser collapses. Bit no one is ever at a geyser..ive been to about 4 or 5 different ones..nothing to do there. Nada.

So got two alt quests with no way to do them apparently. Guess Ill have to finish up the main and just move on.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Found a nice guide online for the time breaches with descriptions and photos. Nice and helpful.

Still not sure why the geysers wont work. I came across one mid fight and jumped in and it completed for me and gave me nice loot. I barely got one hit in at the end lol.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Whomever voices The Golden Knight did a good job. He is fun to team up with and be around. He is a hoot. And the magic skull I have from the Phyjeks reminds me of Morte from Torment.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I was about to coming in here and ask when I get a good bow. Ive been using the same non magic bow since lvl 3 or 4 and Im 15 . I just killed the usurper queen and got to pick a nice blue one. Finally. But I NEVER get any cool daggers to dual wield. Not even on my other 2 characters. Figure it would be my bows alt wep. Maybe someday.
habibi

Post by habibi »

DM me your username and I’ll craft a blue level 17 bow for you. Are you interested in any specific set pieces? It’s not a lot but having a good bow/weapon will make your single player life easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I have no idea one set pieces. I just play lol. Not trying to get deep into it like I used to and burn out. I dont even have points into any armor styles. I wear all 3 types so dont even know where to allocate skill points. I just add points to my bow and some to my magic or melee skills. Like this archer still has like 11 points unused because I dont have a clue where to use them. Its a wonder I can stay alive.

Killing the dragon for the story gave me a false sense I could now kill dragons and they will be my level. I paid no mind to the triple purple around a wild dragons health. It didn't like having me give it a arrow suppository and promptly killed me in one hit. Lesson learned.

Thanks habibi will do. Appreciate it.

EDIT: wait...is it user name or character name? I remember some game where to chat or send item it was like soinso@bob ...like username then character name . See? Ive had this game many years and still dont know cause Ive never chatting to anyone lol. Or sent mail.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Yeah, dragons are open-world bosses. I'm sure there are some elite players that can solo them, but they are intended to be a challenge for a mob of players.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I also stumbled into a party dungeon. Figured ya I can do it alone. Nope . I think it was Akosh the dragon that got me there. Lessons learned.
habibi

Post by habibi »

I believe it’s just @username.

habibi

Elder Scrolls the MMO

Post by habibi »

Daehawk wrote:I also stumbled into a party dungeon. Figured ya I can do it alone. Nope . I think it was Akosh the dragon that got me there. Lessons learned.
This is the fastest you can level and farm some armor pieces. The game let’s you form a group of 4 people instantly and enjoy the dungeon /raid (press P). You can take it slow and complete each quest and story in the dungeon. Enjoy.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Public dungeons are generally solo-friendly but regular dungeons will require grouping.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

habibi.....I still haven't sent you my user name because I dont know it! I dont have to log myself in its all automatic. I have no idea what my user name is right now lol. I know all my character names but not my account name. Dangit. Never struck me as safe to give your user name out even without password but that seems the way ESO works for some seemingly ancient reason. But I still cant even find it to begin with.
habibi

Post by habibi »

Daehawk wrote:habibi.....I still haven't sent you my user name because I dont know it! I dont have to log myself in its all automatic. I have no idea what my user name is right now lol. I know all my character names but not my account name. Dangit. Never struck me as safe to give your user name out even without password but that seems the way ESO works for some seemingly ancient reason. But I still cant even find it to begin with.
No problem. I’ve DM you my account name and see if you could drop me an in-game mail and I’ll see what I can craft for you :)

Edit: Now that I am sitting in front of the PC, if you press P to open the "Group and Activity Finder", your UserID is shown at the top left of the window.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I completed Blackwood on my necro. Fun romp.

Now Im back on my warden 2 hander guy and Ive traveled to Greymoore(Eastern Skyrim) . It should be neat and weird being here as Ive played the single player Skyrim a lot over the years and know the map...sorta. We'll see if that helps me at all.I doubt it will.

Im looking forward to some vampire intrigue.

EDIT: And Lyris Titanborn. I know that name from someplace. Is it the original tutorial dungeon girl?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok so far Ive completed Vvardenfell, Elsewyr, Blackwood, and Summerset. Im working on Greymore now. Is there anywhere else worth seeing and completing quests in after Greymore? Keep in mind I do not have the very lastest expansion and wont until its on a good sale.

Im not really interested in the original lands as Ive done them repeatedly with alternate characters over the years. Plus going back to original lands after seeing newer ones is not usually fun and they never feel or look as good.
Last edited by Daehawk on Sat May 13, 2023 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

You're really cranking through them. I think that's all of them other than the High Isle expansion.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ya I get in there late at night and live the life of the stories they provide. Im right there with my character, its great!
habibi

Post by habibi »

Alefroth wrote:You're really cranking through them. I think that's all of them other than the High Isle expansion.
I don’t think I have completed Elwsyer nor Graymoor. Good job there. Wait for a free ESO Plus trials which then opened up more DLC for you to try.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

hahahah Im so giddy. Tonight I worked on finishing up the Greymoor map. Just when I thought I was doing the last main quest lines a whole new map opened up to me under it. I was working the Greymoor map when I stumbled into Blackreach / Dusktown. Ohhh boy this is going to be fun! Its like going to Eerie Indiana and discovering Eureka buried under it!

So thoughtful of the devs and map makers to put two places together like this in one main quest line with lots of side quests to do as you go. Weeeeeeee. The rabbit hole gets deeper! Way too much fun. I love just firing this up late at night and living in the ESO world. Fun fun.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Having lots of fun in the Greymore / Eastern Skyrim dlc map. Its bigger than I first thought it was with lots of quests and areas and places. The story keeps going here too . I like that. I think its become my favorite DLC / Addon. And its made me think my Warden is now my main character...even if I haven't really suss'd out his skills and magic. I just hit stuff with my 2 hander until it stops moving..*thunk* *thunk* and wear the heaviest armor I can find. Find the simplicity of him to be the fun part.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well I seem to have finished up Greymoor. Makes me sad. It was truly a epic thrill ride with many side quests and a large main quest. Ive played Elswer, Vvardenfell, Blackwood, Summerset.....I dont recall any of those having as big of a main quest as Greymoor. With the huge Harrowstorms and vampire main quest. I thought some of these came after it . You'd think they'd keep improving them. I mean I had fun in them but they didn't last near as long or weren't near as detailed and full of whole places to visit and quest in like the Greymoor / Eastern Skyrim area was.

Am I missing something in these other areas or were they just not as big and detailed?

EDIT: Looking online maybe it will point me to Markarth after its completely over. I only lack visiting some of the npcs after I killed the big baddy and stopped the storm. Ill have to see.

EDIT2: Nope it just finished up and ended at the castle. Didn't point to Markarth. The npcs kinda mentioned the Reach and the Grey Host but no actual quest was started. Now sure if I go there myself somehow or if they will msg me? Not sure how these ESo DLCs work. I usually just wayshrine into the main map and start doing the quests until Im done.

Like I said maybe I missed something in the other maps but dont see how. Seemed all tidied up and finished on the other DLC areas I played.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The only quest I have now says MAIN QUEST...speak to benefactor...soulshriven coldharbor. Isn't that just the original old main quest of the game? When you'd start in colsharbor for the tutorial and Lyris breaks you out and you talk to the old benefactor guy>? Why would I do that?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Yeah, that's the original story line that forms the core of the base game. I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to play through it if you're enjoying the game, but I guess you can skip it if you want. As well as letting you play through the story, it's intended to guide you through the all the areas that make up your original alliance (and can be repeated 3 times in total, once for each alliance), but you can just go to those areas and pick up the regional side quests nowadays.

habibi

Post by habibi »

Daehawk wrote:The only quest I have now says MAIN QUEST...speak to benefactor...soulshriven coldharbor. Isn't that just the original old main quest of the game? When you'd start in colsharbor for the tutorial and Lyris breaks you out and you talk to the old benefactor guy>? Why would I do that?
If memory serves me right, this is the one that will lead you to a final showdown with the big, baddie, Prince of something, called Molag Bal.