Defining the 21st Century Republican Party?

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

pr0ner

Re: Defining the 21st Century Republican Party?

Post by pr0ner »

Hodor.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Chicago should load all the illegal guns we confiscate and dump them on the outskirts of Texas, Florida and Arizona. If I wanted to be as cruel as those jackasses, I'd say drop all the babies that are put up for adoption/put under state care the same way too.
Covfefe!
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Musk and others say we are running out of people, so we need the immigrants to procreate.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:01 am Musk and others say we are running out of people, so we need the immigrants to procreate.
The US birth rate has been below replacement level for quite some time (1.6 and falling, last I heard, vs. 2.1 for steady state), so this is objectively true if we want a stable or growing population.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Yankee hospitality.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

The natural problem with appeasement is that Abbott and DeSantis may take this as an invitation. I'm not saying we shouldn't support these folks but leaders should also be pointing out that those monsters are treating human beings as political objects they can just ship around for yucks. It's corrosive as fuck. It is fascist ideation - ship the others...where they belong...with the others we also don't like. Let them deal with this invasion if they love them so much.
Last edited by malchior on Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

DeSantis, Abbot and Ducey should just give up all pretense and just start packing migrants into crowded train cars.
Covfefe!
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

malchior wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:34 pm The natural problem with appeasement is that Abbott and DeSantis may take this as an invitation. I'm not saying we shouldn't support these folks but leaders should also be pointing out that those monsters are treating human beings as political objects they can just ship around for yucks. It's corrosive as fuck. It is fascist ideation - ship the others...where they belong...with the others we also don't like. Let them deal with this invasion if they love them so much.
Yank their federal border funding if they're just going to be a transit hub.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:35 am They don't have the same federally funded resources that Texas and Florida do to deal with sudden bus/plane loads of migrants.
Maybe they should now. Diverted from TX and FL.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Not the first time...

Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Because inundating the military with corrupt, incompetent political officers is working so well for Russia, a GOP Senate candidate wants to emulate them...
Blake Masters, the Republican nominee for Senate in Arizona, has repeatedly said the U.S. should clean house on the senior ranks of the military, pushing the claim that all the generals and admirals are “woke” and “left-wing” losers who’ve never won a war.

His solution? Fire them all, and promote “the most conservative colonels.”

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
malchior

Post by malchior »

It's not like there is a model for this.

Enlarge Image
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I just will never understand why so many of these conservative thought leaders feel the need to just be such mean, spiteful, cruel, and generally awful human beings.

Dennis Prager complains about a school sign reading 'The world is better because you are in it': "What a stupid message. Plus it's not true. What has any 5th grader done to have made the world better because he or she is in it?"
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:23 pm I just will never understand why so many of these conservative thought leaders feel the need to just be such mean, spiteful, cruel, and generally awful human beings.

Dennis Prager complains about a school sign reading 'The world is better because you are in it': "What a stupid message. Plus it's not true. What has any 5th grader done to have made the world better because he or she is in it?"
He’s right. The world certainly is not better due to the presence of Dennis Prager.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Prager's parents:

"No, we're not going to tell you we love you. That would make you weak! You're 4 now. Time to face facts: life is cruel!"
Covfefe!
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

If you subscribe to the "we're running out of people" theory, then technically the world is a better place with a 5th grader in it.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Noted inventor and Founding Father Benjamin Franklin was just 11 years old when he fashioned fins to make swimming easier.
He probably doesn't want to mention it because Franklin was just looking for a faster way to have sex with starfish.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

pr0ner wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:03 am
DeSantis felt disrespected and took it a step further:

Ron DeSantis literally used Florida taxpayer money to pay for a scheme to pick up migrants who were in Texas - that is, not even in Florida - and fly them to Massachusetts. How are Floridians possibly okay with that?
Fiscal 'Conservatism' = using Taxpayer $$$ to pwn teh libs...

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Alefroth wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:55 pm Do these migrants go willingly? Are they forced onto the plane and then just abandoned at the airport?
Sounds like deception and coercion were involved at least in some cases.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Alefroth wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:12 pm
Alefroth wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:55 pm Do these migrants go willingly? Are they forced onto the plane and then just abandoned at the airport?
Per this lawyer at Martha's Vineyard, DHS officers falsified the immigrants addresses on Federal paperwork... (it's a video, so you have to wait for that point)

YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

My world is better because my 5th grader is in it. Fuck you, Dennis Prager.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Pyperkub wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:17 pm
Alefroth wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:12 pm
Per this lawyer at Martha's Vineyard, DHS officers falsified the immigrants addresses on Federal paperwork... (it's a video, so you have to wait for that point)
It is not a surprise. DHS in general is a total mess but but CBP/ICE should be nuked from orbit. They were a cesspool before Trump but he turned it all into MAGAt central. It (and SS) is a threat to our democracy IMO.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

YellowKing wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:45 pm
My world is better because my 5th grader is in it. Fuck you, Dennis Prager.
Dunno who Prager is and I don't have children but my sense of empathy instantly took me to that place.
malchior wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:56 pm DHS in general is a total mess but but CBP/ICE should be nuked from orbit. They were a cesspool before Trump but he turned it all into MAGAt central. It ... is a threat to our democracy IMO.
Living on the northern border that was my sense beginning in 2016. Local news about CBP/ICE and their relationship to DHS was some some of the first and enduring shots fired at democracy around here immediately after he took office. Of course, my sense for such things was before I saw what he Mitch did to our courts. The courts, I think, have surpassed Trump's Gazpacho. Mitch' proudest moment, at its absolute best case, will endure for a generation no matter how this shakes out.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:44 pm
Noted inventor and Founding Father Benjamin Franklin was just 11 years old when he fashioned fins to make swimming easier.
He probably doesn't want to mention it because Franklin was just looking for a faster way to have sex with starfish.
:lol:
Covfefe!
Holman

Post by Holman »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:06 pm Dunno who Prager is and I don't have children but my sense of empathy instantly took me to that place.
If you've ever been fed any slick, right-wing "Prager University" videos on YouTube, this is the guy behind that. (It is not, of course, a university.)
Last edited by Holman on Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He's Will Rogers without the humor, the intelligence, the wit or the charisma.

...but so is a rock.
Covfefe!
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

The other thing I think people like Prager fail to realize (or just don't have the mental capacity to grasp) is that signs like that are only silly or "coddling" if you are looking at them from a place of privilege.

That sign's not meant for the well-adjusted kid with two loving parents and a strong support system. That sign's meant for the kid who is constantly bullied and has thought about suicide. Or gets to come home from school every day to two abusive drunk parents. It's meant for kids who literally may never have one positive thing said to them in their life except when they're at school.

My wife comes home late from work 1-2 days a week because she was waiting for the school bus to bring back a kid whose alcoholic or drug-addled parent failed to pick them up from the bus stop. Kindergartners, first graders whose parents just don't give enough of a shit about them to even bother to pick them up from school.

Participation trophies? Again, meaningless to the average kid. Might mean everything to the kid who has never had a chance to win anything in their life. Kids need attention. Positive attention. It's vital. And the sad fact is that way more than you realize are not getting it. So they grow up to be old hateful men like Mr. Prager.

"Back in my day my dad wouldn't have said that" - back in his day they also put people in mental asylums and threw away the key. Men beat the hell out of their wives and nobody said anything. It's not "wokeness". It's realizing that hey we can do better as human beings in the way we treat each other. We don't have to be like we were. And if some small act of kindness, or hell, casting a black actress as the Little Mermaid inspires some kids who may need it, maybe it's worth doing. Even if it doesn't necessarily apply to you.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Representation matters.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:23 pm I just will never understand why so many of these conservative thought leaders feel the need to just be such mean, spiteful, cruel, and generally awful human beings.

So he can grift from parents who aren't smarter than a 5th grader?

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

GOP is why abortions were first legalized. :) :twisted:
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

YellowKing wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:49 pm"Back in my day my dad wouldn't have said that" - back in his day they also put people in mental asylums and threw away the key. Men beat the hell out of their wives and nobody said anything. It's not "wokeness". It's realizing that hey we can do better as human beings in the way we treat each other. We don't have to be like we were. And if some small act of kindness, or hell, casting a black actress as the Little Mermaid inspires some kids who may need it, maybe it's worth doing. Even if it doesn't necessarily apply to you.
My father-in-law was once a Catholic priest. He insisted that the world is not getting worse. He said we now talk about things that were once considered impolite to bring up. "Wokeness" is simply insisting on being polite to people and considering their feelings, rather than shunning those who need help or ignoring them because it's inconvenient for those in power. The conservatives want to go back to those days. It's wrong, immoral and unchristian. It should repel the religious, rather than compel them to follow along.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

YellowKing wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:49 pm The other thing I think people like Prager fail to realize (or just don't have the mental capacity to grasp) is that signs like that are only silly or "coddling" if you are looking at them from a place of privilege.

That sign's not meant for the well-adjusted kid with two loving parents and a strong support system. That sign's meant for the kid who is constantly bullied and has thought about suicide. Or gets to come home from school every day to two abusive drunk parents. It's meant for kids who literally may never have one positive thing said to them in their life except when they're at school.

My wife comes home late from work 1-2 days a week because she was waiting for the school bus to bring back a kid whose alcoholic or drug-addled parent failed to pick them up from the bus stop. Kindergartners, first graders whose parents just don't give enough of a shit about them to even bother to pick them up from school.

Participation trophies? Again, meaningless to the average kid. Might mean everything to the kid who has never had a chance to win anything in their life. Kids need attention. Positive attention. It's vital. And the sad fact is that way more than you realize are not getting it. So they grow up to be old hateful men like Mr. Prager.

"Back in my day my dad wouldn't have said that" - back in his day they also put people in mental asylums and threw away the key. Men beat the hell out of their wives and nobody said anything. It's not "wokeness". It's realizing that hey we can do better as human beings in the way we treat each other. We don't have to be like we were. And if some small act of kindness, or hell, casting a black actress as the Little Mermaid inspires some kids who may need it, maybe it's worth doing. Even if it doesn't necessarily apply to you.
Well said YK.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Holman wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:22 pm
LordMortis wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:06 pm Dunno who Prager is and I don't have children but my sense of empathy instantly took me to that place.
If you've ever been fed any slick, right-wing "Prager University" videos on YouTube, this is the guy behind that. (It is not, of course, a university.)
Grifter making money on MAGA.

Take a look at the 990.

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:06 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:47 pm Wasn't sure where to put this, so I'll drop it here.

I'll just this headline speak for itself. Women Are Disproportionately Hurting Our Country". A sampling:
It's true that females are not inclined to violence or predatory sexual behavior as men are. But this hardly means that girls and women don't have to learn to control their natures. On the contrary, as I have been telling parents for many years now, they need to teach their daughters to control their natures just as much as they teach their sons to do so.

Specifically, girls have to learn to control their emotions.

Just as the male sexual drive and violent impulses can overwhelm their conscience and their ability to think and act rationally, emotions can do the same thing in girls and women: overwhelm their conscience and their ability to think and act rationally.
What. The. Fuck.

There's saying the quiet part out loud, and then there's this. Dennis Prager isn't just some random conservative with a blog. He's one of the main people I see all of my MAGA relatives quoting or referring to regularly. He doesn't have Tucker reach, but it's still very significant.
Heh, a solid grift. Check out the 990 (PDF) for "Prager University."

About $59M gross, $54M from donors. His salary from this tax exempt organization alone is $400K.

MYT
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Nicely put, YK.

And now for something completely different.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Isn't what FL AND TX do to immigrants called human trafficking or kidnapping across state borders or something?
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Zaxxon wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:07 am Nicely put, YK.

And now for something completely different.

Utah District 12 is about 5 minutes to the west of me. I have a couple friends who live in that district that had this person canvassing at their doors. They both said when pressed to articulate her position on a couple different issues, she just completely fell apart.

Unsurprisingly, she is an empty walking box of MAGA taking points and nothing more.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

She's a god-blessed word smith is what she is.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Appropriating rap rhymes to pimp your conservative ass. The world is insane.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon