Cyberpunk 2077 from the makers of The Witcher

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Blackhawk

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 from the makers of The Witcher

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm not surprised. A double point release like this (it combines 1.4 and 1.5) across, what - five platforms? is always going to have a few big bugs that show up once released.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:07 am I’ll be curious to see how future games from this dev are titled in threads, and the connotation. I suspect if ‘from the makers of’ is included, it might be more of a warning.

“Victorian Thrashers” from the makers of Cyberpunk 2077

:D
The original Witcher game was a mess when first released. It took them almost a year to fix it with the Enhanced Edition.
malchior

Post by malchior »

I finished this the first time over two years ago and decided to jump in for the big update. It feels like a different game. It's definitely much less glitchly though I didn't have many issues as other folks at the time.

A few missions with the most glitches are noticeably better. I largely have the same rig as then with some minor updates but performance is better overall except for one issue that still baffles. When it was released there was occassional horrible FPS drop entering and exiting the inventory/UI. That still happens. I'm guessing it is video memory based but you get used to it. Occasionally it gets "stuck" for me and I have to quicksave and reload to clear it up. Minor but something that'll never get fixed since it likely was a design problem.

All in all I'm chopping my way through and enjoying it all over again. I still think it is a great game that just had a rough road.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

malchior wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:46 am I finished this the first time over two years ago and decided to jump in for the big update.
You might want to check your math. :)
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

coopasonic wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:25 am
malchior wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:46 am I finished this the first time over two years ago and decided to jump in for the big update.
Doh. Though it definitely feels like that long if not much longer.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

malchior wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:41 am
coopasonic wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:25 am
Doh. Though it definitely feels like that long if not much longer.
I mean it was 2 calender years ago.
FTE
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Since it was getting trendy to reinstall and fire up the game again I did that :D. Good news is that everything looks nice, except oddly for one momentary "T-pose" during the combat VR training :?. Bad news is that now I've got a queasy stomach. Damn, I never used to get motion sickness playing first person shooters :cry:
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I'm a few hours into a new play through and have determined that I play the same way every damn time. Apparently I have a comfort zone and never leave it.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

coopasonic wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:33 pm I'm a few hours into a new play through and have determined that I play the same way every damn time. Apparently I have a comfort zone and never leave it.
Same. I was 20+ hours into my first play through two or so years ago (malchior time) before I put it down to wait for a patch. This time through, I decided I’d do things differently, or so I thought. Problem is, I couldn’t really remember what choices I made the first go through, and I’m finding I’m making all the same choices this time, too. Oh well. At least it looks a hell of a lot better and plays without major bugs and crashes. So there’s that.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

So, I'm actually really enjoying the game. Granted, this is my first experience with it and we're now up to patch 1.5 so I've probably avoided a lot of the pain points from earlier on. Runs great on the PS5 in performance mode. One thing that's pretty neat is that the dual sense controller is very much taken advantage of. For example, when driving you can actually feel the car shift. The speaker in the controller is also used a lot in various circumstances--in conjunction with a 5.1 system it's a pretty neat effect.

After about 15-20 hours in, I'd rate this as a quite good (although not game of the year material), probably in the same league for me as Fallout 4.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

15 hours into a new playthrough and just had my first CTD. It was less than an hour into a play session.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Kurth wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:24 am Problem is, I couldn’t really remember what choices I made the first go through, and I’m finding I’m making all the same choices this time, too.
Does not compute. :doh:
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I love that Jackie apparently has no friggin’ clue as to what stealth is…and that the game doesn’t care. I was faced by two heavily armed guards just now and I had to sneak around furniture to get around them. When I finally reached the exit, I look back and see Jackie in sneak mode….literally standing in front of one of said guards while “sneaking”. I know pathfinding is tough in games, but come on. I’m attempting to be a stealthy ninja while being forced to partner with Rip Taylor.
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

And all this time he thinks you are doing it wrong with all the weird paths you take.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Grifman wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:05 pm
Kurth wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:24 am Problem is, I couldn’t really remember what choices I made the first go through, and I’m finding I’m making all the same choices this time, too.
Does not compute. :doh:
That was so clear. How could you not get what I was staying there? :D

What I should have said is, I can't remember what choices I made the first time through, but as I'm playing through the second time, I'm finding I'm ending up with all the same results, which leads me to believe I'm making the same decisions.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

hepcat wrote: I know pathfinding is tough in games, but come on. I’m attempting to be a stealthy ninja while being forced to partner with Rip Taylor.
Like wandering the convention halls with someone I know….
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Still not sure why armed guards always follow you around conventions though....
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I saw an NPC last night in Night City wearing a full length fur coat and some crazy sunglasses. No shirt, but he was wearing pants. I immediately thought, "That's hepcat" and should have taken a screenshot. I think if he was in hot pants, I definitely would have done it.

The game looks absolutely beautiful now. I wish expanding the FOV didn't make it get all fish-eyed at the edges when you're looking at things in your periphery, but I'm still quite impressed at the look of everything. As someone that hasn't played since launch, it might as well be brand new again.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I had done a ton of motion capture work for CD Projekt RED back before the game was released. But recently I realized that was actually a scam and now Zaxxon is trying to blackmail me. :(
He won. Period.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Serious question time: In my latest play through started last week, I
Spoiler:
didn't dally and went pretty much straight through the main story to the Heist, ignoring a bunch of side stuff. The last partial play through I did before putting it down and waiting for the next gen update I played quite a bit of the side stuff before starting (but never finishing) the Heist.
Does this mean I've missed some content? Or will I be able to get to those still?
He won. Period.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

hepcat wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:52 am Serious question time: In my latest play through started last week, I
Spoiler:
didn't dally and went pretty much straight through the main story to the Heist, ignoring a bunch of side stuff. The last partial play through I did before putting it down and waiting for the next gen update I played quite a bit of the side stuff before starting (but never finishing) the Heist.
Does this mean I've missed some content? Or will I be able to get to those still?
I was over 250 hours in when I put it down a year ago.
Fired it up last night and all of the side missions and gigs were still there, as were the 2 main missions gigs I had going.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I was more curious as to whether completing the mission I mention would block me from completing some stuff I didn't attempt before completing it.
He won. Period.
Brian

Post by Brian »

hepcat wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:52 am Serious question time: In my latest play through started last week, I
Spoiler:
You will always be able to complete side quests and other content right up until you start the mission: Nocturne Op55N1 - Meet Hanako at Embers

From that point on it's a straight shot to the endgame. The game will warn you before you start this mission so you can't accidentally lock yourself out of content.

However, I put off starting/completing The Heist as long as I could, for....reasons.
Last edited by Brian on Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Excellent. Thanks!
He won. Period.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

So, I beat this finally having only played post the patch 1.5. Verdict: I really enjoyed it! No, it's not Witcher 3 tier, but I enjoyed this much more than most similar open world games. Really too bad they didn't take the extra year to launch in this state.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

My god this game has its hooks in me. I haven't done much of the story - I'm finding too much enjoyment right now wandering around and doing side jobs that aren't rated too high to kill me. I'm playing as a Streetkid that was initially focused on pistols, but then I started using a katana and now I'm dabbling in machine guns. Not really into hacking, so that limits my options. I do like to rip things open and just slash through everything. Job calls for sneaking around and discretion, I certainly try but when everything goes sideways I make sure to leave no witnesses. If there's a special request (subdue, don't kill), well for that I have acquired Sir John Phallustiff...which is uh...something. It's NSFW if you're going to look it up. It was a totally random find on my part after a special encounter, but holy crap is it a fantastic weapon.

I'm sure at some point I'll run out of side jobs, but for now, I feel like I could do them forever. While my character isn't configured for stealth or tech hacks, I have definitely seen lots of options during missions that I appreciate - even if I rampage through every one of them like a bull in a china shop. It's reminding me of Deus Ex in that way.
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

Backstory:

My wonderful wife got this for me for Christmas 2020. It has stayed shrink rapped next to my desk from then until now while I hoped they would fix it.

Is it finally time to open it up and play?
It's 109 first team All-Americans.
It's a college football record 61 bowl appearances.
It's 34 bowl victories.
It's 24 Southeastern Conference Championships.
It's 15 National Championships.

At some places they play football. At Alabama we live it.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Yes. It has been good for a while now, and the last patch was the icing on the cake.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

I was playing it on the PS5 before Horizon Forbidden West came out and there's something to be said about how much I enjoyed the game because when the pre load of Horizon unlocked I still kept playing 2077. I'm totally into Horizon Forbidden West for the moment since I can do one open world game at a time but I'm looking forward to finishing it so I can get back to 2077 and pull off some jobs!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

I actually really hope that Cyberpunk will get a full on DLC expansion or two so that I can go back to it.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

msduncan wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:55 am

Is it finally time to open it up and play?
Absolutely. Elden Ring may be taking up all my time right now, but when I finish that in late 2032, I plan on returning to Cyberpunk 2077.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

As someone still playing, they are pushing out more patches. I've not seen or experienced anything game breaking since resuming play earlier this month, but there's definitely been some weird behaviors related to the UI and/or NPC models that clip or float.
Spoiler:
Patch 1.52 for Cyberpunk 2077 is being rolled out and will soon be available accross all platforms! Here’s the list of changes for this update.

Gameplay

Fixed an issue that could cause wrecked cars or multiple Nomad cars to spawn in traffic when driving fast.
Fixed an issue where first equip animation could be played repeatedly after recovering a throwing knife.
The Laminate-armor Media Ballistic Vest can now be found as loot in Japantown.
Fixed an issue where the recon grenade highlighted non-hostile crowd NPCs.
Fixed an issue where after using the Take Control quickhack on a device, camera axis were inverted when zoomed in.

Quests

Player won’t be able to purchase again an apartment makeover they already own anymore.
Added the showering interaction to the Nomad Camp.
It won’t be possible to hack the Northside apartment before completing Act 1 anymore.
Fixed an issue where Open World combat events and some scenes could remain disabled after visiting Afterlife until player fast traveled within Watson.
Automatic Love – Walking into a wall in the elevator in Megabuilding H8 will no longer cause instant death.
Blistering Love – Fixed an issue where Johnny could despawn if player left the booth before interacting with the projector, blocking progress.
Cyberpsycho Sighting: Demons of War – Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to progress past the “Search the area to collect information” objective.
Epistrophy – Fixed an issue where the quest could reappear in the Journal instead of being marked as failed after player failed to retrieve any of the cabs.
I Fought the Law – Fixed an issue where River could drive out of the market area erratically and push V out of world bounds.
Life During Wartime – Fixed an issue where selecting a blue dialogue option twice upon arriving on the crash site blocked progression.
Path of Glory – Optional objective “Get dressed” will no longer be incompletable if player collected the clothes before it appeared.
The Information – Fixed an issue where the doors to Lizzie’s were closed during the hours they should be open, blocking progression.
The Ride – Fixed an issue where Dex’s car was swerving left and right when driving away.
With a Little Help from My Friends – Fixed an issue where holocalls and text messages could be blocked if player told Saul about Panam’s plan while the Nomads were driving away.

Open World

Fixed an issue where summoned vehicles could be spawned far away from the player.
Suicidal Corpos in Corpo Plaza will no longer stand up after the fall.
Fixed an issue where an Assault in Progress in Arroyo wasn’t visible on the map, hindering progress in The Jungle achievement.
Gig: Goodbye, Night City – Fixed an issue where the quest didn’t trigger after approaching the area.
Gig: No Fixers – Fixed an issue where the “Park Iris’ car in the garage” optional objective didn’t complete if player stopped in front of the garage.
Gig: Playing for Keeps – Fixed an issue where all the enemies in the casino were set to Friendly.
Murk Man Returns Again Once More Forever – Fixed an issue where the Rayfield Caliburn didn’t spawn.

UI

Added a quest tag to fixer rewards when they’re first found in the stash.
Opening menus while reading a shard will no longer block the game.
It won’t be possible to change the position of the marker when a time skip is in progress anymore.
Fixed an issue where the loot UI could flicker and change before picking up the item.
Fixed an issue where the English text “A Favor for a Friend” would be displayed regardless of the language version instead of the correct quest name for some tracked quests.

Visual

Fixed animations and missing or displaced objects in various scenes.
Fixed some issues with animation occurring when performing an aerial takedown using the Hidden Dragon perk.
Fixed an issue where sandstorms could appear in scenes they weren’t supposed to.
Fixed an issue where foliage was not affected by different weather conditions.
Polycarbonate Sport Sunglasses will no longer be visible when switching between Third Person Mode and First Person Mode while driving.

Console-specific

Memory improvements and crash fixes on next-gen consoles.
Minor UI optimizations.
[PlayStation 5] Importing a save while not connected to the PlayStation Network will no longer block the option to continue the game.
[PlayStation 5] Fixed an issue where a corrupted save was created when player tried to import a PlayStation 4 save when no saves were exported.
[PlayStation] Fixed an issue where the “Press [Options Button] To Continue” screen registered pressing the button with a delay.
[PlayStation 5] Wet roads will now be as reflective as on the PC version.
[PlayStation 5/Xbox Series X] Changing the preset in Video settings will no longer set all the Graphics options to ON automatically.
[Xbox One/Xbox Series X] Disconnecting the controller and entering the pause menu at the same time will no longer result in player being stuck.

Stadia-specific

Enabled aggressive crowds on Stadia.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

I'm 50+ hours in now, post-new-gen patch. I think I've finished up most significant side missions, and I feel like I'm in the homestretch on the main mission. I've got to say, props to CD Projekt Red for not giving up on this game when it got (rightfully) blasted out of the gates for being an unfinished, buggy mess. While the launch was a cluster, Cyberpunk 2077 has rounded into form and has become one of my best gaming experiences in recent memory.

For me, it's really delivered on the promise of being able to explore a fully fleshed out futuristic, Bladerunner-esqe world. It took a while, but it ended up being pretty close to the game I was hoping it would be when I bought it a year and a half ago.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Kurth wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:56 pm I'm 50+ hours in now, post-new-gen patch. I think I've finished up most significant side missions, and I feel like I'm in the homestretch on the main mission. I've got to say, props to CD Projekt Red for not giving up on this game when it got (rightfully) blasted out of the gates for being an unfinished, buggy mess. While the launch was a cluster, Cyberpunk 2077 has rounded into form and has become one of my best gaming experiences in recent memory.

For me, it's really delivered on the promise of being able to explore a fully fleshed out futuristic, Bladerunner-esqe world. It took a while, but it ended up being pretty close to the game I was hoping it would be when I bought it a year and a half ago.
It may have been an unfinished buggy mess on console, but I played through it at launch on PC and it was a great experience then. I'm glad they've continued to support and improve it, though!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'm closing in on 60 hours and I think the last 20 have been me running down side missions. I was moving through the story and all of a sudden hit the "you've reached a point of no return" notification, which really surprised me. I had so many contacts and side stories wide open at that point - feels like you could easily miss 1/3 (or more) of the game if you just blast through the main campaign content. And I didn't event think many of the side characters had fully developed stories or their own things going on. I guess either time passing or me moving through other elements triggers off additional stories that I had no idea were waiting.

It feels like the game can be as straight forward as you want, or if you're looking for a much deeper experience, it's there - just hidden a bit. I'm talking about story arcs from:
Spoiler:
Samurai band members, Kerry in particular (but not just him), the Delamain AI, Judy, Panam, River - there is a lot going on.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

CDPR designed the main story so that it could be completed relatively quickly because of feedback that The Witcher 3 was too long and a lot of players never actually completed it.

From 2020: CD Projekt "shortened" Cyberpunk's campaign over length complaints
The main quest line of Cyberpunk 2077 will be shorter than The Witcher 3, according to CD Projekt Red, due to player complaints about the time needed to finish the story.

Patrick K. Mills, senior quest designer at the Polish company, discussed the length of Cyberpunk 2077's "main story run" on a Twitch stream -- as posted on Resetera.

According to Mills, Cyberpunk's campaign missions will be shorter than The Witcher 3, following "complaints" from players that it took too long to reach the end.

"Looking at the metrics, you see tremendous numbers of people played through that game really far, but never made it to the end," Mills said, citing a common trend among AAA games.

Mills added: "We want you to see the full story, so we did shorten the main story."

As an open-world RPG, there will be plenty to do in Cyberpunk 2077, but Mills suggested that the emphasis will shift towards "a completionist campaign" for those with the hours to spare.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:48 am I'm closing in on 60 hours and I think the last 20 have been me running down side missions. I was moving through the story and all of a sudden hit the "you've reached a point of no return" notification, which really surprised me. I had so many contacts and side stories wide open at that point - feels like you could easily miss 1/3 (or more) of the game if you just blast through the main campaign content. And I didn't event think many of the side characters had fully developed stories or their own things going on. I guess either time passing or me moving through other elements triggers off additional stories that I had no idea were waiting.

It feels like the game can be as straight forward as you want, or if you're looking for a much deeper experience, it's there - just hidden a bit. I'm talking about story arcs from:
Spoiler:
Samurai band members, Kerry in particular (but not just him), the Delamain AI, Judy, Panam, River - there is a lot going on.
I finished the game last night (about 60 hours, too), and I had the same experience. I hit that point of no return message, and I had a ton of open side quests going. I went back and finished them all up before moving on, but even then, I hadn't come anywhere close to tackling all the gigs and NPD assault missions spread out over the map. But I was ready to move to the end, so I decided to finish up last night. Definitely enjoyed the ending I got. Some of the final sequences in that game were my best gaming experience in a long time.

In the end, Cyberpunk is going to rank up there with some of my all time favorites. I really hope there's some DLC content coming down the pike. There are so many options to continue this story or to branch out in different story arcs.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I finally opted to move forward with the final main story after finishing up so many side stories, I've just started but I can already tell it will be interesting.

Overall I've been quite impressed with what they did in this game. It feels like a much deeper experience than when I started - once you start making connections with all these side characters. The writing and animations for them are really well done - Judy in particular. It doesn't have the epic feel of The Witcher 3 (does anything?) but I think this is a much better game than I (and perhaps many others) initially thought. And yes, it feels like there's so much potential to add a ton more stuff.

I did so many side jobs and police missions and it's probably amounted to a 1/3 of the content. If they can do more stuff like the Delamain story or the cyberpsycho events with Regina I'd be pulled back in without question.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Yep. Delamain story and the cyberpsychosis quests were great. Both were examples where a lesser game would have made all the missions in the particular quest arc cookie cutter versions of each other. But in Cyberpunk, they gave each of the missions its own back story, which made me actually care when I had to kill a cyberpsycho and couldn't capture him or her.

I was also really impressed with Keanu Reeves. I found it pretty jarring at first when he showed up as Johnny, looking and sounding like he just stepped out of the Matrix. But as the game went on, I thought he did a great job investing that character with his own personality. Quirky. Annoying. Frustrating at times, but a fully fleshed out, substantive character that could stand on his own. Something I thought was a gimmick early on turned out to be one of my favorite parts of this game.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Just started and boy do they want you to know about that "JAPANESE AIRCRAFT CARRIER IN THE BAY!!!!".....Is that the only news that will play on load every time?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"