Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

coopasonic

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 from the makers of The Witcher

Post by coopasonic »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:09 am
coopasonic wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:24 am
Have a look at this article:
https://www.gosunoob.com/cyberpunk-2077 ... locations/
Early game spoiler warning in that link. (Adding an annoyance - they gave away a major early-game event in one of the early gameplay trailers.)
Thanks. Updated with a warning, didn't even think about that.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I just got a refund on my xbox one x copy. The crashes were getting annoying, and the game is just not optimized for consoles yet in my opinion. I was getting frustrated with feeling like a beta tester on so much of the console experience. So I took a long shot and asked for a refund from microsoft after seeing the developer announcing they were giving refunds to console players. I didn't think they'd actually do it though.

But I think I'm going to wait about two or three months then pick it up on PC. The other issue I had with it was the small fonts on some stuff. I know you can enlarge the fonts for conversations and a few other things, but the description of skills, tech, etc. was still a bit much to read from a few feet away even on a 65 inch tv.

So, in short, loved the game, but feel like it needs about 4 to 6 more months of patching before it becomes something that really does play well on the consoles.
He won. Period.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

His reaction made me laugh hard enough that I had to muffle it at my desk.

I did kill a powerful enemy once by accidentally throwing it down a stairwell using knockback from a grenade. When he landed he immediately died. Fall damage doesn't seem to care how much armor you wear or how high your level is.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Ever since my last conversation with Johnny, my entire view has been pulsing with the artificial blue glitches that you normally see around him. It's subtle (the entire view pulses every few seconds and the blue artifacts appear around everything) so I'm not sure if it's a bug, or maybe something that is trying to indicate a negative status effect. Don't see any other indication of a negative effect though.

It's just enough to be super-annoying, and has been going on for the past 15-20 minutes. I'm on one of the main story quests, just met Fingers. I think it may be story-related, as my last discussion with Johnny was about
Spoiler:
my deteriorating mental condition due to the Relic Shard
, but given the overwhelming number of bugs in this game, I can’t really be sure.

This happen for anyone else?

Also had Johnny's lit cigarette simply hang in mid-air right in front of his face during the last cutscene. Definitely took some of the gravitas away from his impassioned speech. My mini-map has also started randomly disappearing any time I enter a building. It still shows the dotted line to the quest, but it’s just over a blank black circle. So that’s fun.
Last edited by Skinypupy on Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:39 am Ever since my last conversation with Johnny, my entire view has been pulsing with the artificial blue glitches that you normally see around him. It's subtle (the entire view pulses every few seconds and the blue artifacts appear around everything) so I'm not sure if it's a bug, or maybe something that is trying to indicate a negative status effect. Don't see any other indication of a negative effect though.

It's just enough to be super-annoying, and has been going on for the past 15-20 minutes. I'm on one of the main story quests, just met Fingers. This happen for anyone else?
Nope, haven't seen that at all. Definitely a bug for you.
Skinypupy wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:39 am Also had Johnny's lit cigarette simply hang in mid-air right in front of his face during the last cutscene. Definitely took some of the gravitas away from his impassioned speech.
Yup, seen that a couple of times. I categorize that as a glitch, annoying but doesn't affect gameplay.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
malchior

Post by malchior »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:39 am Ever since my last conversation with Johnny, my entire view has been pulsing with the artificial blue glitches that you normally see around him. It's subtle (the entire view pulses every few seconds and the blue artifacts appear around everything) so I'm not sure if it's a bug, or maybe something that is trying to indicate a negative status effect. Don't see any other indication of a negative effect though.

It's just enough to be super-annoying, and has been going on for the past 15-20 minutes. I'm on one of the main story quests, just met Fingers. I think it may be story-related, as my last discussion with Johnny was about
Spoiler:
, but given the overwhelming number of bugs in this game, I can’t really be sure.

Also had Johnny's lit cigarette simply hang in mid-air right in front of his face during the last cutscene. Definitely took some of the gravitas away from his impassioned speech. My mini-map has also started randomly disappearing any time I enter a building. It still shows the dotted line to the quest, but it’s just over a blank black circle. So that’s fun.
Spoiler:
The relic malfunction you mention happened to me and it was driving me crazy. I'm intentionally stopping here and nesting a spoiler tag even though this isn't a major spoiler following but talks about the progression from there.
Spoiler:
It got worse and worse. To the point it drove me to finish the game earlier than I wanted to...which still sort of irks me.
Last edited by malchior on Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

malchior wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:49 am

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The relic malfunction you mention happened to me -- intentionally stopping here -- this isn't a major spoiler following but talks about the progression from there.
Spoiler:
It got worse and worse. To the point it drove me to finish the game earlier than I wanted to...which still sort of irks me.
That’s...not encouraging. :? So it’s story-related and there’s no way to reverse or stop it?

Because while it’s slightly annoying in the 15 minutes I played tonight, if that’s how it’s going to be for the rest of the game (especially if it gets progressively worse) , I’m may just shelve the game now. It would drive me absolutely batty if it continues throughout.
Last edited by Skinypupy on Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:52 am
malchior wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:49 am

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The relic malfunction you mention happened to me -- intentionally stopping here -- this isn't a major spoiler following but talks about the progression from there.
Spoiler:
That’s...not encouraging. :?
I have a write up saved for down the line,
Spoiler:
I think this was the shittiest narrative element. Everyone talks about it being a bad idea pacing wise and a trope but the way they executed it...was not great.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I hope CDRed can fix it fast and come out ok as I love the games they make. The Witcher series is one of the best in gaming.

But... More Cyberpunk 2077 Fallout
A post on Bloomberg says the troubled launch of Cyberpunk 2077 has cost the founders of CD PROJEKT more than $1 billion. Further fallout on the impact of bugs on the reception of the sci-fi RPG, Vice has an internal memo from GameStop informing stores to deny customers refunds for open copies of the game. Also, although CD PROJEKT recently suggested that console customers first seek refunds from their respective platforms Tom's Hardware notes that they apparently never ran this past Sony, and they are now telling PlayStation customers they will be handling their cases directly. Finally, there's an editorial on VentureBeat calling out the developer for manipulating the review process, saying "CD Projekt Red risked the reputations of others to insulate Cyberpunk 2077."
Thanks Blues News.

If its that bad it sounds like they could go out of business. But then other things point to them already making up all costs involved in it. So who knows.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

"Destroy the flamingos"... Huh?

This is getting too close to home!
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

jztemple2 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:55 am "Destroy the flamingos"... Huh.
But, oddly, only about half the total number. They will repopulate. They will come again. The terror never ends.

An okay night last night, no heavy glitches - but I stayed away from the main story and just ran some Gig work and side quests to build creds and rep. Some of the side quests after the prologue ends shouldn't be side quests. They have too many important and valuable things to give you for free. They should be slid in as a "in the aftermath" montage of things to pick up before moving on. For example, the Smart Link implant? I'd kick myself if I had spent creds on that.

Moment of the night was zooming down a highway and then hitting the off-ramp so fast that I caught air and skipped off the back of the car in front of me. That sent me right over the guardrail. I landed with a splash in a green pond... that had another car, an Uncommon item in a chest, and a corpse at the bottom of it. Next to the chest a hairless cat leisurely groomed itself. 5 feet underwater. When I looted the body, a yellow ( ! ) came up, but I didn't catch what it was for.

I've dropped 15k creds on a new deck and started dabbling in the technomancy of Quickhacking. The deck holds 4 different hacks and has (9?) base RAM with a good recharge rate. I crafted a copy of every Hack I could, and it seems I now need to invest in Intelligence to raise my skill. Criminals trying to break into an ATM don't stand a chance now - not that they did before. I can just do it much quieter now. They stagger around in bewilderment before collapsing, and then I get the takedown credit.

Right now I'm level 10 with a street cred of 14 or 15, I think. My stats are: Body 3, Tech 16, Cool 5, Intel 5, Reflex 3. I'm all tech and little else. Lots of crafting perks taken (because "crafting"). It hasn't hindered me in any way, and I'm finally starting to find locked doors in mission areas that open to my touch and have modest bounty behind them. I've also run into a single door I could have forced open if I had invested in Body.

I do fully expect to not be so solid in Tech on my next play through. Crafting has been pretty lackluster, but I'm taking it all the way out to making Legendary items just to see if I ever get to the point of jaw-dropping sweetness.
Black Lives Matter

Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Spoiler:

"Relic malfunctions" happen and are part of the plot, certainly, but I haven't had one that lasted more than maybe 30 seconds? At this point, I'm still treating it more-or-less like getting drunk in the game: it messes with your view for a bit but then settles. Was the effect still there after re-loading the game for you?

Paingod wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:34 am Some of the side quests after the prologue ends shouldn't be side quests.
It's not just in the immediate aftermath of the prologue. From what I've, a lot of ending-altering decisions occur in the Side Jobs: i.e., having the support of certain characters can affect things and you get that support from playing through their mission arcs, which are all Side Jobs. I suppose they just couldn't think of a better, more concise category title for "Important Missions That Are Not Technically Necessary If You're In a Hurry to Complete the Game (Because We Made the Main Plot Shorter Than Witcher 3 Because Y'All Complained How Long That Was) But That We Really Still Think You Should Do, Hint, Hint".

Daehawk wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:11 am If its that bad it sounds like they could go out of business.
Nah. "Lost a billion dollars" I think refers to the drop in their stock price/market capitalization -- which hurts, of course, but it's totally ephemeral if you don't actually sell your stock at that point. Some good news on the patching front or a new game/sales announcement and they'll "make" all of that back again. The game still got good reviews and sold like gangbusters.

Paingod wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:43 am I haven't done enough missions to know - but do you ever get one where the enemies are actually "Red" to you (they'll whip your ass), or does the difficulty just mean lots of fighting or lots of stealth?
I think it does refer vaguely to the "level" of the enemies you'll be facing. There are some Cyberpsychos, for instance, that are much easier than others, and the difficulty of the specific job reflected that.

malchior wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:55 pm When I hit the final main mission the right one inexplicably was at 40%. I won't comment in specifics on the other 2 but the left made sense eventually but the middle and right? I couldn't make heads or tails of what they were measuring. I think they are broken to be honest.
Yeah, I'm... unclear on those. The leftmost one I think primarily corresponds to Street Cred level. That seems to make sense for my character and progress. And it seems about right: I'm at Street Cred 34/50 or something and that one says 75%. The other two I presume are related to plot thread progressions but they do seem low based on where I think I am in the story. Either that, or I have a lot more game to go than I thought (which would be great).

- Ash
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Asharak wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:59 am

Spoiler:

"Relic malfunctions" happen and are part of the plot, certainly, but I haven't had one that lasted more than maybe 30 seconds? At this point, I'm still treating it more-or-less like getting drunk in the game: it messes with your view for a bit but then settles. Was the effect still there after re-loading the game for you?
Agreed, it felt very similar to the in-game "drunk" status. Which is fine for a couple minutes, but it lasted for nearly 20 minutes last night, and continued even after I restarted the game. I re-booted my PC this morning and the issue seems to be gone now, thankfully.

Unfortunately, I'm now getting a bug where the small map icons that show up in my view (i.e. ripperdoc, joytoy, etc.) duplicate and flicker around in a small circle. Not a big deal when there's only one of them, but if there happens to be multiple icons in an area, it's incredibly obnoxious.

Getting more and more tempted to put this one aside for a few months until they get some of this shit sorted.
Last edited by Skinypupy on Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:09 am Unfortunately, I'm now getting a bug where the small map icons that show up in my view (i.e. ripperdoc, joytoy, etc.) duplicate and flicker around in a small circle. Not a big deal when there's only one of them, but if there happens to be multiple icons in an area, it's incredibly obnoxious.
Duplicated joytoys seems like maybe a feature more than a bug. Two for one discount? ;)

- Ash
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Asharak wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:11 am
Skinypupy wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:09 am Unfortunately, I'm now getting a bug where the small map icons that show up in my view (i.e. ripperdoc, joytoy, etc.) duplicate and flicker around in a small circle. Not a big deal when there's only one of them, but if there happens to be multiple icons in an area, it's incredibly obnoxious.
Duplicated joytoys seems like maybe a feature more than a bug. Two for one discount? ;)

- Ash
Heh. Doesn't duplicate the joytoy, just the little white icon showing where they are.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:33 pm Just video. No bios or anything.
And you're not running an updated version of Win7, correct?

The game is buggy as hell so it's hard to troubleshoot but there's so many videos and posts from people playing with your video card I just don't know. In some ways, I'd expect it to work *better* because it's just not running all those extra bells and whistles for lighting, processing, shadowing, etc...

I've yet to see anything other than weird glitches. No crashes or game-breaking bugs. I also have but a fraction of the hours of some, so there's that too.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Asharak wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:59 am
malchior wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:55 pm When I hit the final main mission the right one inexplicably was at 40%. I won't comment in specifics on the other 2 but the left made sense eventually but the middle and right? I couldn't make heads or tails of what they were measuring. I think they are broken to be honest.
Yeah, I'm... unclear on those. The leftmost one I think primarily corresponds to Street Cred level. That seems to make sense for my character and progress. And it seems about right: I'm at Street Cred 34/50 or something and that one says 75%. The other two I presume are related to plot thread progressions but they do seem low based on where I think I am in the story. Either that, or I have a lot more game to go than I thought (which would be great).

- Ash
I was at street cred 50 with the left one still at 30%. Doing story missions moved the needle on all three of them.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:38 pm I was at street cred 50 with the left one still at 30%. Doing story missions moved the needle on all three of them.
So much for that theory. Maybe it depends on your character/backstory? My Street Kid wants to be a living legend, so maybe that progress bar is more tied to Street Cred for me than for someone else? Dunno. Maybe it is just borked. I mean, I guess we should probably have expected there to be at least one bug in the game!

- Ash
Dogstar

Post by Dogstar »

Eight hours in I told my friend he had to play this game because they nailed the atmosphere -- you feel like you're in a big, continuous underpopulated city in a cyberpunk future.

Twenty hours I'm... less sure. I fortunately haven't experienced the bugs others have (I'm on a PS4). The city is big and beautiful, and most of the characters and quests are well-written/well-developed. But it's... static and a little bland? Maybe the endings change based on your decisions, but it's hard to get a sense that you're having any impact whatsoever beyond relationship progressions with the characters you choose to work for. The gangs don't fight each other randomly (or seemingly care what you've done for/against them), there's no ebb and flow with corporate pressing down on the normal city vs. the gangs, there's no sense that a coveted piece of tech you're sent to retrieve means anything ultimately. The same goes with the RPG progression, as it's more about statistical increases catering to your playstyle than hard choices where you're tasked with really shaping your character. I know there's a build-out to higher-end perks, but as of now, it doesn't feel meaningful. The origin stories also feel meaningless, as they offer dialogue flavors but no real impact on your life.

I know a number of you are further along in the game than I am, and I'm definitely hoping things improve. There are a lot of things the game does well, including the flexibility of approach some of you have mentioned (and with few load times!). I just want things to breathe more. Maybe I just expected more after the Witcher games (and various other RPG's), and probably too much after all the hype. It's as if the game exists to experience the stories the writers have crafted and the city the coders have built while doing more of the role-playing concept of the character in our head like tabletop RPG's of old.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

One of my issues throughout my life is the inability to remember names. My dad also had to deal with it. So in a big complex story like Cyberpunk, I'll get a call or a mission notification and think, "Do I already know who this person is? Did I already speak or do something with this person?". However, as in all these big, story filled games (like Ghost Recon Breakpoint for example), I just don't bother with the details. I show up and the dialog choices usually give me enough insight to figure out how to proceed. Which is why I also try to never give an opinion on the completeness or details of the backstory or the ongoing plot. I probably don't have a clue :roll:

Which reminds me of a famous(?) old British joke. A general is introducing a member of his staff to a visiting VIP. He says "And this is Major... err... Major...". The general pauses, looks thoughtfully and then says "Bloody hell! I'll be forgetting the names of me hounds next!".
infinitelurker

Post by infinitelurker »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:33 pm Just video. No bios or anything.
I just saw this link with some details for crashes on Windows 10 and Windows 7: https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37124 ... on-windows
-something witty-
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Sony just pulled the game from its online store.
Black Lives Matter
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Well damn, that's gotta be a first. I feel for the devs who've worked hard on this though, having to do this right before Christmas. Not only tightening up code, but processing refunds. That's gotta suck for them. :(
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I'm still just surprised how wide the gulf between, say, one platform where the game is so bad it's been pulled versus running on my PC, where I've reached 33 hours without a crash, lockup or any mission being unable to be completed due to bugs. One wonders how they did their quality assurance and on what rigs.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:08 pm Sony just pulled the game from its online store. Image
It’s crazy that would happen for any title, much less one of the most high profile releases of the year.

I’m pulling the plug at this point. Two more CTD’s tonight, both in the middle of long combat sections that required a restart of the fight. I’ll hopefully come back to it sometime down the road.
JCC

Post by JCC »

It certainly sounds like the game is OK on high end PCs and not so OK on anything else. Have Sony (or MS) ever pulled a game before due to instability?
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

jztemple2 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:49 pm I'm still just surprised how wide the gulf between, say, one platform where the game is so bad it's been pulled versus running on my PC, where I've reached 33 hours without a crash, lockup or any mission being unable to be completed due to bugs. One wonders how they did their quality assurance and on what rigs.
Not the first time. Batman Arkham Knight PC version got pulled from Steam and retailers while the console version got good review.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:08 pm Sony just pulled the game from its online store. Image
Oof.

CD Projekt's on world record pace in the 100% speedrun for Reputation Tanker. In the span of just a week their credibility and reputation have taken a serious nosedive. Between the bungled release of Cyberpunk 2077 and their equivocation surrounding GOG's (non) release of Red Candle's controversial Devotion game, they've gone from one of the most well-respected studios to something of a laughing stock.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
malchior

Post by malchior »

jztemple2 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:49 pm I'm still just surprised how wide the gulf between, say, one platform where the game is so bad it's been pulled versus running on my PC, where I've reached 33 hours without a crash, lockup or any mission being unable to be completed due to bugs. One wonders how they did their quality assurance and on what rigs.
It appears they just didn't and Sony/MS let them get away with it. This is a pretty big screw up for the platforms too. They are supposed to be guarding their platform.
JCC wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:30 pm It certainly sounds like the game is OK on high end PCs and not so OK on anything else. Have Sony (or MS) ever pulled a game before due to instability?
Yeah - I built a new PC, beat the game, and had exactly one CTD due to a corrupt save game. And that happened around the time when the cloud syncs got very unstable shortly after launch. Otherwise, it worked pretty well for me other than the usual 'quality of life' bugs everyone is seeing. When I hear about all these problems it almost sounds like a totally different game than the one I played. It's highly variable.
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

Anonymous Bosch wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:34 pm
Oof.

CD Projekt's on world record pace in the 100% speedrun for Reputation Tanker. In the span of just a week their credibility and reputation have taken a serious nosedive. Between the bungled release of Cyberpunk 2077 and their equivocation surrounding GOG's (non) release of Red Candle's controversial Devotion game, they've gone from one of the most well-respected studios to something of a laughing stock.
And by this time next year, they'll be beloved once again and most Cyberpunk fans will hardly remember the launch problems.

Big, complex games almost always release with lots of bugs. And there's always a huge contingent of folks online who want to endlessly complain about it. I personally can't remember the last time I bought a big-time PC game on release that didn't have tons of bugs that everyone complained about like it was the End of the World, at least online. I'm just stunned that so many people are SHOCKED every fucking time this happens. :roll:

I'd be much more concerned if the game just sucked, but by most accounts that's not the case, so I'll continue to put up with the occasional graphics glitch until the game is patched.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Apollo wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:52 pm Big, complex games almost always release with lots of bugs. And there's always a huge contingent of folks online who want to endlessly complain about it. I personally can't remember the last time I bought a big-time PC game on release that didn't have tons of bugs that everyone complained about like it was the End of the World, at least online. I'm just stunned that so many people are SHOCKED every fucking time this happens. :roll:

I'd be much more concerned if the game just sucked, but by most accounts that's not the case, so I'll continue to put up with the occasional graphics glitch until the game is patched.
And I personally can’t ever remember buying a game as buggy as this one. While the severity seems to vary wildly, for me (and lots of others) it’s been orders of magnitude worse than even the games that everyone agrees are the standard bearers for buggy releases.

That’s...problematic.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive not seen a game this buggy in well over a decade. I think.
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:05 am Ive not seen a game this buggy in well over a decade. I think.
A Bethesda's game?
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Victoria Raverna wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:29 am
Daehawk wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:05 am Ive not seen a game this buggy in well over a decade. I think.
A Bethesda's game?
This has been far worse for me than any Bethesda game I’ve played at launch.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Apollo wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:52 pm
Anonymous Bosch wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:34 pm
Oof.

And by this time next year, they'll be beloved once again and most Cyberpunk fans will hardly remember the launch problems.
Perhaps. But that's hardly a foregone conclusion at this point, so time will tell. The Management Board of CD Projekt fell back to ambiguous double-talk in terms of addressing the disastrous console versions in the "damage control" conference call they held, which is less than reassuring for the reasons explained in the video below:

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I dont recall having much problem with Bethesda games. I dont own FO76. FO4 was fine originally but these days I dont have the DLC so modding it is almost impossible. Other than that been pretty good.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

hepcat wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:19 pmside note: the smart sniper rifle is insanely overpowered in open spaces. That is all.
I started using my first Smart SMG last night and can imagine how a Smart Sniper would handle. Out in the open, I'm left saying "Awww, that's cute cover you've got there. Here, let me hit you in the head by aiming over you."

I have a Tech Sniper right now that's my favorite gun. Not for being Tech, though. I find that makes it almost impossible to use for my intended purpose. Headshots. When I'm scoped in, charging the thing makes the target crosshairs jump all over the place. The headshots, though. I don't care that it fires slower than 1/second. That one 3x damage shot hits for 600-800 damage and wipes out anything in my level range in one hit. I almost feel bad for them. Then they all scatter for cover and poke their heads up for target practice.

Currently level 12, and starting to diversify my attribute point allocations. With 16 Tech I was feeling like I maybe went too far. Nothing at this point is calling for anything higher than 8, and the only things left that I'm really interested in is Crafting Epic and Legendary items at 18 and 20 respectively, and it feels like I can maybe wait until I'm over level 20 to explore that. My next focus is Intelligence, for Quickhacking - which is my second favorite pastime now... and maybe getting up to 6 Body so I can "Fully Utilize" some sniper rifles.

I went out into the Badlands just to see them and was not disappointed. They're bad. They're lands. There's a surprising amount of stuff to do. It's even cuter when you pass one of those little vignettes with a bandit holding up some poor lady by the road side. I don't care what level you are, if I'm going 125mph and I hit you with my car, you're done. If you're going to rob someone, don't stand in the road while you do it.
Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

There have been plenty of games with horrible, buggy launches that became good games, often beloved games. The fact that people forget how bad they were works in CDPR's favor here, although it isn't exactly a guarantee. No Man's Sky, KOTOR 2, Oblivion, Fallout: New Vegas, Arkham Knight, Fallout 76, Rome 2 Total War, Vampire the Masquerad: Bloodlines, Assassin's Creed Unity, Skyrim (remember the PS3 launch that was unplayable after your saves hit a certain size?)
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Part of the issue re: CD Projekt's reputation tanking is that they seemingly knew there were huge issues with the console versions before releasing the game: they wouldn't send the console version out to any reviews prior to the release date. So it's not just that the game has bugs and issues, especially on the PS4 and Xbox One, but that they released the game knowing those issues made the game almost unplayable (at least according to a few reviews).
Black Lives Matter
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

That feels to me like developers on one side of the table, letting everyone know there was an issue - and the marketing people on the other side saying they had to make a Christmas sales list or else. Financial interests overrode common sense.

Any studio that gets big enough seems to fall into that trap.

I will admit that a big part of my pre-order for Cyberpunk 2077 was the stellar reputation the company had developed for storytelling and gameplay and I didn't even consider buggy launches. I assumed they'd at least ship a product with potential, and I believe they did. I feel badly for anyone who bought into the same on a different platform and found themselves utterly disappointed.

My experience in the game doesn't jive with people who've been dealt buggy, infuriating messes. I've been really enjoying myself, despite some AI issues and vehicle collision wonkiness.

I also think that either I've adapted to the car handling in the game or they did a little tweaking. I find driving around a lot easier than I did at launch. Easier, but not smooth.

Things like this sting.
Black Lives Matter