AWS260

Re: Whatcha drinking?

Post by AWS260 »

This tastes remarkably like key limes.

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Don't let Kid Rock see it.

I love salty beers. I'd try that if I ever saw it.
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

I've been on a barrel aged stout kick lately but recently had Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale on tap. I haven't had it on tap at a good bar in ages and it was wonderful.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I bought a case of Celebration last week. It's not the be-all-and-end-all that it was in the early days of the craft beer revolution, but it's still a damned fine seasonal IPA.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I also got a four-pack of Teddie Peanut Butter Porter, and probably won't be able to find it again. Teddie is the world's best peanut butter, and Night Shift brews some fine beers, but you won't find either much past Boston.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Kraken wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:58 pm I bought a case of Celebration last week. It's not the be-all-and-end-all that it was in the early days of the craft beer revolution, but it's still a damned fine seasonal IPA.
I bought a 12 pack last week. It really is one of my favorite beers.
Black Lives Matter
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

AWS260 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:29 pm This tastes remarkably like key limes.

Enlarge Image
Took a photo in case I ever come across it to try.
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Enlarge Image

If you like stouts, this is a good one. Very smooth and chocolatey.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Scuzz wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:47 pm Even American made champagne can’t be called champagne because champagne is owned by the French. Like Chablis, burgundy and other place names. American champagne is called “sparkling wine”.
Interestingly to me, I found out that there are exceptions to that rule. Korbel, a local bay area establishment, is grandfathered in and can label their sparkling wine as champagne.

https://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/b ... 417887.php
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

gbasden wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:59 pm
Scuzz wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:47 pm Even American made champagne can’t be called champagne because champagne is owned by the French. Like Chablis, burgundy and other place names. American champagne is called “sparkling wine”.
Interestingly to me, I found out that there are exceptions to that rule. Korbel, a local bay area establishment, is grandfathered in and can label their sparkling wine as champagne.

https://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/b ... 417887.php
I have been to their Napa facility, a long time ago. I believe I have seen others use the name so there must be some exceptions besides age. Maybe French owners.
Black Lives Matter
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

There's a similar rule in Canada, but much more specific. Most Ontario wine comes from the Niagara region, and there's a specific type of dessert wine called an icewine. A local (to me) winery tried making an icewine but they were told because they weren't in the Niagara region, they couldn't call it an icewine.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
mori

Post by mori »

Been drinking a lot of Sierra Nevada Celebration the last few weeks. I really appreciate a true West Coast IPA instead of all the hazy, sweet, fruity shit that passes as IPAs today.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Like egg nog, it's not something I'd drink every day, but it is a nice change of pace for the holiday season.

Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Rumpy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:09 am There's a similar rule in Canada, but much more specific. Most Ontario wine comes from the Niagara region, and there's a specific type of dessert wine called an icewine. A local (to me) winery tried making an icewine but they were told because they weren't in the Niagara region, they couldn't call it an icewine.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Germany has some kind of restriction on the use of that term.
Black Lives Matter
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

mori wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:19 pm Been drinking a lot of Sierra Nevada Celebration the last few weeks. I really appreciate a true West Coast IPA instead of all the hazy, sweet, fruity shit that passes as IPAs today.
I have now bought 2 twelve packs of Celebration and will buy a third or fourth. It really tastes good to get away from the citrus IPA’s for awhile. It is even better when I can get it on tap.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image
It's almost as if people are the problem.