For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Re: Political Randomness

Post by Zaxxon »

malchior wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:52 am
Carpet_pissr wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:47 am
malchior wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:08 am If his money was actually at risk I imagine he'd likely shut the fuck up.
At first I was nodding my head in agreement when I read that, but then there are lots of people out there that just can’t keep their mouths shut, even when opening it is patently against their interests. I suspect Musk is one of those people.
Yep I could see that.
Musk is definitely in that category. See also: COVID lockdowns.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Alex Jones found liable for defamation in Sandy Hook 'hoax' case
https://www.npr.org/2021/11/15/10558644 ... -hoax-case
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Edit: Whoops, thought I put this in the religion randomness, though I guess it fits in both.
Last edited by Defiant on Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I mean, that's something.

BREAKING: The House has voted to censure Republican Paul Gosar, 223-207. He has been removed from his committee assignments.
I'd still ask how many other jobs in America would give you a formal warning after making death threats against a co-worker and reassign your work duties.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
malchior

Post by malchior »

Also what other workplace would have a bunch of people think it is ok to threaten another co-worker with violence. And then get all outraged about how unfair it is to simply chastise him.

Edit:They're also threatening to follow their usual which will be escalation and retaliation. It really does seem to indicate that we will likely ultimately see Biden impeached in 2023.
Last edited by malchior on Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Two republicans voted for the censure. I'll give you one guess as to which two.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

malchior wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:35 pm Also what other workplace would have a bunch of people think it is ok to threaten another co-worker with violence. And then get all outraged about how unfair it is to simply chastise him.

Edit:They're also threatening to follow their usual which will be escalation and retaliation. It really does seem to indicate that we will likely ultimately see Biden impeached in 2023.
I'd say it's near 100% contingent on the GOP retaking the House (which is itself 95% likely).
Black Lives Matter.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

In case you were wondering how Gosar would respond to being censured and removed from his committee assignments

After the U.S. House voted to censure him for a video he posted on Twitter, Republican Rep. Paul Gosar reweeted the animated footage, which depicts him killing Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez with a sword.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:26 am In case you were wondering how Gosar would respond to being censured and removed from his committee assignments

After the U.S. House voted to censure him for a video he posted on Twitter, Republican Rep. Paul Gosar reweeted the animated footage, which depicts him killing Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez with a sword.
I guess at this point he’s not going to be put on double secret probation so why not double down!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Children
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
malchior

Post by malchior »

I can't get past the first hurdle that his whole family says he is unstable. We've long had kooks but this is just reckless and dangerous behavior not only accepted but lauded.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

He'd never get away with that in high school.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I know I’m a curmudgeon, but it DOES seem like ‘being an ass in a public way’ is seen as a badge of honor by far too many people these days.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:16 pm I know I’m a curmudgeon, but it DOES seem like ‘being an ass in a public way’ is seen as a badge of honor by far too many people these days.
As long as you are their kind of ass.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:27 pm
Carpet_pissr wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:16 pm I know I’m a curmudgeon, but it DOES seem like ‘being an ass in a public way’ is seen as a badge of honor by far too many people these days.
As long as you are their kind of ass.
As long as you're being an ass toward the right people.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Carpet_pissr wrote:I know I’m a curmudgeon, but it DOES seem like ‘being an ass in a public way’ is seen as a badge of honor by far too many people these days.
A couple of months ago I had a neighbor down the street yell at me because I had my car parked on the side of the road waiting for the bus so I could drop my daughter off. He kept screaming that I couldn't park there and that it was a private neighborhood. I told him I was aware it was a private neighborhood considering I owned a house in it (which shut him up for a hot second).

He later came back and semi-apologized, but first impressions and all that. It really bothered me that someone could get that upset with a complete stranger just for parking their car on the side of a public road for five minutes.

Cut to today as I'm driving past his house, and he has one of those Blue Lives Matter flags hanging from his porch and it was like, "Ahh, well that explains it."

It's getting to the point where I can tell from the flag you hang outside your house or the bumper sticker on your truck what level of asshole you are. Why are these people so goddamn angry all the time? Jesus Christ, who wants to live like that?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

What the hell is a "private neighborhood" anyway? The streets belong to the government, big guy.
Black Lives Matter.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

People get frothing at the mouth and flip me off when I honk at them for things like gridlocking or going the wrong way on a roundabout. "Fuck you for my terrible judgement!" they seem to be saying.

Everyone seems to have a base state a few notches closer to freakout nowadays.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Think in a few years Ill get a beater and just hit the idiots. Let them take me from a beater to a BMW while they fix their own pos.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:19 pm What the hell is a "private neighborhood" anyway? The streets belong to the government, big guy.
In my experience, either a gated community or a neighborhood with an HOA that thinks they write actual legal code.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Yeah this is not a gated community and the roads are maintained by the county. I think he's referring to the HOA sign at the front warning solicitors, which really has no legal merit whatsoever in this particular instance.

I've started calling him "The Mayor" or "The Parking Police" when I see him walking his dog, which makes my daughter laugh.
Last edited by YellowKing on Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:35 pm going the wrong way on a roundabout.
:shock: What, were they playing Planes, Trains, and Automobiles?

I remember being parked and sitting in a neighborhood, waiting for a friend, in front of his house, once and some angry lady came up banging on my car window "we have children in this neighborhood!"

Go ahead and be suspicious and watch me, that's your neighborhood watch prerogative, but thehell? My taxes are paying for your streets as much as yours and if you don't like me resting here, then ever drive on M-153 cause that's where my house was.
Last edited by LordMortis on Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

YellowKing wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:39 pm I've started calling him "The Mayor" or "The Parking Police" when I see him walking his dog, which makes my daughter laugh.
Don't forget to remind him to clean up after his dog every single time you see him.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:40 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:35 pm going the wrong way on a roundabout.
:shock: What, were they playing Planes, Trains, and Automobiles?

I remember being parked and sitting in a neighborhood, waiting for a friend, in front of his house, once and some angry lady came up banging on my car window "we have children in this neighborhood!"

Go ahead and be suspicious and watch me, that's your neighborhood watch prerogative, but thehell? My taxes are paying for your streets as much as yours and if you don't like me resting here, then ever drive on M-153 cause that's where my house was.
How swarthy do you look?

Also, if you look anything like your avatar, very very sus.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:51 pm How swarthy do you look?

Also, if you look anything like your avatar, very very sus.
Probably too street looking. And then I would have been young and street looking.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

YellowKing wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:39 pm Yeah this is not a gated community and the roads are maintained by the county. I think he's referring to the HOA sign at the front warning solicitors, which really has no legal merit whatsoever in this particular instance.

I've started calling him "The Mayor" or "The Parking Police" when I see him walking his dog, which makes my daughter laugh.
We have a guy like that that lives on our street. Not old, btw, probably my age or younger even. I have literally seen the man wearing what seems to be a Boy Scout uniform, so ??

He pushes his arms down to try and get people (that aren't really speeding) to slow down on HIS street. At some point this past year, he was driving in front of me, and actually stopped his car (didn't even pull over, he just stops in the middle of the damn road), gets out of his car, walks toward me and does the "roll 'er down!" action with his hands. Meanwhile, my hands are up in the air like "WTF MAN?!", and I'm constantly checking my rearview bc I'm sure someone's going to plow into me at any minute while this douche gets his Barney Fife on.

FWIW our very quiet street is a non-incorporated county road. Sure, it's suburbs, and yes, we are RIGHT on the line, but still. Very very far from the gated community that he seems to think it is.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:14 pm At some point this past year, he was driving in front of me, and actually stopped his car (didn't even pull over, he just stops in the middle of the damn road), gets out of his car, walks toward me and does the "roll 'er down!" action with his hands.
Call 911
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Thank the Great Maker that we have American politicians to explain to us why our divisive politics are the reason that we are a lesser country than the United States of America.

U.S. congressman: Here's why America is more successful than Canada
How's this for an attention-grabbing bit of political oratory, delivered in the United States House of Representatives? A Wisconsin Republican opined that Canada and lots of other places are less successful than the United States and offered his theory about why they are "countries that fail."

Rep. Glenn Grothman says it's because of cultural divisions. In Canada's case, he says, those divisions involve language. And he lumped it in with a long list of what he called failed countries.

"I never felt Canada was quite as successful as America," he began in his Nov. 16 speech. "[That's] because, to a degree, their elections pitted the French speakers against the English speakers."

He went on to say it's true in lots of other places, including the continent of Africa that contains 54 countries: "You look at elections in the Middle East, and it is the Sunnis against the Shiites. You look at elections in Africa, and it is one tribe against another tribe."

In other words, he said, when people in these countries "go to the polls, they don't say what is the appropriate money to spend on national defence or what is our roads policy or what should be appropriate criminal justice policy or the length of jail sentences.

"No, in these countries that fail, the elections are a contest of one ethnic group against another."
The lack of tribalism in American politics is an ideal for which we should all strive.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:14 pm .At some point this past year, he was driving in front of me, and actually stopped his car (didn't even pull over, he just stops in the middle of the damn road), gets out of his car, walks toward me and does the "roll 'er down!" action with his hands.

Even his hand gestures are folksy.

MYT
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:14 pm He pushes his arms down to try and get people (that aren't really speeding) to slow down on HIS street.
I may or may not be guilty of doing this as well, but only when people are flying down our street while the kids are playing in the front yard (which happens far too often)
YellowKing wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:14 pm It's getting to the point where I can tell from the flag you hang outside your house or the bumper sticker on your truck what level of asshole you are. Why are these people so goddamn angry all the time? Jesus Christ, who wants to live like that?
Amen to that. Our neighborhood's most visible Blue Lives Matter, Trump flag in the pickup truck, Gadsen flag flying a-hole (who I've never talked to before) started yelling at me during my run last weekend. There were so many cars at his house that his giant coal-roller truck was parked half in his driveway and half on the sidewalk. He apparently got mad that I had to run over a corner of his grass as I navigated around the truck - because he was parked on the goddamn sidewalk - so he yelled "Get off my property asshole. You wanna get shot?" at me.

I'm sure he felt every bit the tough guy, alpha male he envisions himself to be when I just kept running.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:08 pm so he yelled "Get off my property asshole. You wanna get shot?" at me.
Call 911
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:13 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:08 pm so he yelled "Get off my property asshole. You wanna get shot?" at me.
Call 911
Debated it, figured it wasn’t worth the headache. Also didn’t want to run the risk of him retaliating at me on future runs, since it would have been pretty obvious who called the cops.

Will definitely be giving his house a wider berth from here on out though.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:35 pm
Smoove_B wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:13 pm
Call 911
Debated it, figured it wasn’t worth the headache. Also didn’t want to run the risk of him retaliating at me on future runs, since it would have been pretty obvious who called the cops.

Will definitely be giving his house a wider berth from here on out though.
It's not worth it and the cops wouldn't be able to do anything anyway.

MYT
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:16 pm It's not worth it and the cops wouldn't be able to do anything anyway.
It'll be worth it to see how the cops would handle two middle aged white guys in a verbal altercation.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Next time stop to mark your territory. With your urine.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Zarathud wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:13 pm Next time stop to mark your territory. With your urine.
I’m not proud to admit it, but my mind also went straight to “juvenile retaliation” when I read that.

I’d like to see your sidewalk parker go up against my street Boy Scout. THAT would be entertaining.
Formix

Post by Formix »

I own a Gadsden flag, and want to fly it, I like the history and think it looks cool. Trumpaloos have ruined so many nice things....maybe I should fly it with a black lives matter flag and watch folks' heads asplode.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Biden went under anesthesia today for a colonoscopy, officially transferring presidential power to VP Harris.

For 85 minutes we had our first female president.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Holman wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:40 pm Biden went under anesthesia today for a colonoscopy, officially transferring presidential power to VP Harris.

For 85 minutes we had our first female president.
There's gotta be a joke about what they found rooting up the presidents ass hiding in there somewhere. I'm just too unfunny to see it.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

There’s a joke to be found in everyone’s ass. I mean, that’s how ass jokes work.
Covfefe!