hepcat

Re: Political Randomness

Post by hepcat »

:lol:
Covfefe!
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I can’t wait for the Republican outrage over this claim, just as they were outraged by Elizabeth Warren’s claim.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

hepcat wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:00 pm In other news, fellow moron Herschel “Babymaker” Walker has recently taken to claiming his grandmother was full blooded Cherokee, making him American Indian.

Oh Herschel, you sweet dumb moron. Cherokee is the go to tribe for people with zero American Indian heritage who want to pretend they’re American Indian. You should have gone with Navajo or something.
[voice of the dead]Ojibwe... but it's more like on of my great grandmothers was 1/4 which I guess makes me 1/32... Or so they say... My mom scrapbooks like mad and I've yet to see evidence that great gramma Burke had an Ojibwe grand parent.[/voice of the dead]
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Why is this ouija board going nuts? :?
Covfefe!
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

hepcat wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:33 am Why is this ouija board going nuts? :?
It got banged on the table a few too many times.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Kraken wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:09 pmHerschelhontis!
I feel like I shouldn’t laugh at this. It seems offensive. But. . . . :lol:
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Can't tell if it's his grandmother or his mother's grandmother but either way, if she was "full blooded Cherokee" surely the family would know.

"My mom just told me." Bullshit. That's like his version of "a lot of people say..."
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

His mother is denying she ever told him this. I mean, he’s not even a good liar. It really does speak very badly for those supporting him every time he pulls one of these things out of his ass.
Covfefe!
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

hepcat wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:24 pm His mother is denying she ever told him this. I mean, he’s not even a good liar. It really does speak very badly for those supporting him every time he pulls one of these things out of his ass.
Guess what the price is for outright lying like that. Absolutely nothing. So why not do it?
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:47 pm Guess what the price is for outright lying like that. Absolutely nothing. So why not do it?
Seriously. I can't wait to see just how many people actually vote for him and for Oz in PA, simply because of the (R) next to their name on the ballot. None of this matters. None of it.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Holman

Post by Holman »

This is quite a thread.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Seems like an overstatement, given the negative ramifications on Americans if the Chinese semiconductor industry was truly in such dire straits. Guess we'll see.

In other news:

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Holman wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:43 pm This is quite a thread.

Now it is. :P
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Zaxxon wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:56 pm
In other news:

(M-A-G-A dance video)
That's pretty sad. Coincidentally, I watched a submarine comedy starring Kelsey Grammer called "Down Periscope" a few days ago. The credits roll with the Village People singing "In the Navy" while the cast mugs and dances along. It was the best part of the movie.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

What's with all the Canadian flags at the MAGA dance party?
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Max Peck wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:17 pm What's with all the Canadian flags at the MAGA dance party?
They probably think Canadians are allies now after the convoy.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

That's a big 10-4.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:56 pm
Holman wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:43 pm This is quite a thread.

Now it is. :P
:clap:
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... s-records/
Former president Donald Trump’s company charged the Secret Service as much as five times more than the government rate for agents to stay overnight at Trump hotels while protecting him and his family, according to expense records newly obtained by Congress.
Puts to rest a lot of Eric and D Jr's yapping about the SS staying free at Trump properties.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:12 pm CNN
Igor Danchenko, a Russian analyst who was a source for the 2016 dossier of allegations about former President Donald Trump, was arrested and indicted Thursday for allegedly lying to the FBI, as part of Special Counsel John Durham's investigation into the origins of the FBI's Russia investigation.

Danchenko was charged with five counts of making false statements to the FBI, according to the indictment that was unsealed Thursday.
Durham was appointed special counsel by former Attorney General William Barr in October 2020, but kept it secret so as not to interfere in the 2020 election.
Not guilty. Durham loses again. The politicized DOJ investigation now has two not guilty outcomes on what experts called sham prosecutions.

[url=https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/18/us/p ... trump.html[/url]
Igor Danchenko, an analyst who provided much of the research in a notorious dossier of unproven assertions and rumors about former President Donald J. Trump and Russia, was acquitted on Tuesday on four counts of lying to the F.B.I. about one of his sources.

The verdict was another stinging defeat for the special counsel, John H. Durham, who was appointed by Attorney General William P. Barr three years ago to investigate the F.B.I.’s investigation into the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia.

Mr. Trump and his supporters have long insisted the inquiry would prove a “deep state” conspiracy against him, but after pursuing various baseless theories, Mr. Durham never found and charged one. Instead he developed two narrow cases accusing people involved in outside efforts to scrutinize purported links between Mr. Trump and Russia of making false statements.

The first of those cases ended in an acquittal of the defendant, Michael Sussmann, a cybersecurity lawyer with Democratic connections. The trial against Mr. Danchenko is expected to be the last of Mr. Durham’s prosecutions, and the special counsel is expected to submit a final report to the Justice Department this year summarizing his findings.
Holman

Post by Holman »

malchior wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:12 pm
The trial against Mr. Danchenko is expected to be the last of Mr. Durham’s prosecutions, and the special counsel is expected to submit a final report to the Justice Department this year summarizing his findings.
So, a blank index card?
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Holman wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:17 pm
The trial against Mr. Danchenko is expected to be the last of Mr. Durham’s prosecutions, and the special counsel is expected to submit a final report to the Justice Department this year summarizing his findings.
So, a blank index card?
No, one loaded with Michael Flynn-isms. It's not as if he's going to be under Oath, or face a penalty for essentially including with huge bullet points all the made up bullshit he never even charged and couldn't prove.

It will be a huge dump of PR talking points without any proof besides a Tucker/Hannity clip (or Infowars), and will be somehow! leaked that he was a victim of cancel culture by the deep state, or something.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Igor Danchenko, a Russian analyst who was a source for the 2016 dossier of allegations about former President Donald Trump, was arrested and indicted Thursday for allegedly lying to the FBI, as part of Special Counsel John Durham's investigation into the origins of the FBI's Russia investigation.

Danchenko was charged with five counts of making false statements to the FBI, according to the indictment that was unsealed Thursday.
Durham was appointed special counsel by former Attorney General William Barr in October 2020, but kept it secret so as not to interfere in the 2020 election.
Not guilty. Durham loses again. The politicized DOJ investigation now has two not guilty outcomes on what experts called sham prosecutions.

Igor Danchenko, an analyst who provided much of the research in a notorious dossier of unproven assertions and rumors about former President Donald J. Trump and Russia, was acquitted on Tuesday on four counts of lying to the F.B.I. about one of his sources.

The verdict was another stinging defeat for the special counsel, John H. Durham, who was appointed by Attorney General William P. Barr three years ago to investigate the F.B.I.’s investigation into the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia.

Mr. Trump and his supporters have long insisted the inquiry would prove a “deep state” conspiracy against him, but after pursuing various baseless theories, Mr. Durham never found and charged one. Instead he developed two narrow cases accusing people involved in outside efforts to scrutinize purported links between Mr. Trump and Russia of making false statements.

The first of those cases ended in an acquittal of the defendant, Michael Sussmann, a cybersecurity lawyer with Democratic connections. The trial against Mr. Danchenko is expected to be the last of Mr. Durham’s prosecutions, and the special counsel is expected to submit a final report to the Justice Department this year summarizing his findings.
The derp-o-sphere has been crowing for months about how this investigation would "take down half of DC". It's not like the MAGA mouthbreathers are going to bother seeing if that actually happened or not...they feel that it did, and that's all that matters. Plus, it removed a valuable Russian intel asset from play and gave the FBI a black eye (in their minds)

I'd say that's a net win for Trump and crew. It's also a preview of what we'll see on the "Revenge Tour" if/when the GOP wins back the house. Investigations based solely on Fox News grievance, not actual evidence of any sort whatsoever.

Conspiracy theories in search of a crime.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
malchior

Post by malchior »

BTW I don't know if anyone else has noticed but Twitter has to my eyes dramatically altered it's algorithm. I'm seeing non-stop hard right (read strong fascist) voices that I don't follow. I followed a few for visibility and now they dominate my newsfeed. It is sorted by 'Top Tweets' but when I switch to latest Tweets it looks more normalized. They are pushing hard right content all of a sudden.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I don't follow any and I'm not seeing any.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:03 pm

The derp-o-sphere has been crowing for months about how this investigation would "take down half of DC". It's not like the MAGA mouthbreathers are going to bother seeing if that actually happened or not...they feel that it did, and that's all that matters. Plus, it removed a valuable Russian intel asset from play and gave the FBI a black eye (in their minds)

I'd say that's a net win for Trump and crew. It's also a preview of what we'll see on the "Revenge Tour" if/when the GOP wins back the house. Investigations based solely on Fox News grievance, not actual evidence of any sort whatsoever.

Conspiracy theories in search of a crime.
It's still useful for Trump, in that every potential whistleblower or witness to Trump crimes now knows that they are putting a target on their back if the talk to the FBI / the media / whomever. In the short term that target means doxing and dealing with online harassment and possible lunatics coming out of the woodwork. But they'll also know that state power will likely be used against them if and when Trump returns to power.

It's good that Durham lost both of the cases. But just having this stuff get to a jury verdict is probably scary enough to deter a lot of witnesses.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

malchior wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:42 am BTW I don't know if anyone else has noticed but Twitter has to my eyes dramatically altered it's algorithm. I'm seeing non-stop hard right (read strong fascist) voices that I don't follow. I followed a few for visibility and now they dominate my newsfeed. It is sorted by 'Top Tweets' but when I switch to latest Tweets it looks more normalized. They are pushing hard right content all of a sudden.
When you watch the other side, you're suppose to go undercover.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

malchior wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:42 am BTW I don't know if anyone else has noticed but Twitter has to my eyes dramatically altered it's algorithm. I'm seeing non-stop hard right (read strong fascist) voices that I don't follow. I followed a few for visibility and now they dominate my newsfeed. It is sorted by 'Top Tweets' but when I switch to latest Tweets it looks more normalized. They are pushing hard right content all of a sudden.
Mine hasn't changed much, but I only follow about a dozen or so accounts (and none of the lunatic MAGA types, although I see lots of responses to their nonsense). I'm sure my feed is kinda wonky.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:31 pm
Haha. That was the idea at one time. Still I haven't followed anyone new or liked posts. Yet the feed has changed incredibly. I saw a few other people mention it in some Twitter threads so was curious if others were experiencing it. Something changed. Whether Twitter is pushing it or someone figured out how to manipulate it is my question.
Holman

Post by Holman »

malchior wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:50 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:31 pm
Haha. That was the idea at one time. Still I haven't followed anyone new or liked posts. Yet the feed has changed incredibly. I saw a few other people mention it in some Twitter threads so was curious if others were experiencing it. Something changed. Whether Twitter is pushing it or someone figured out how to manipulate it is my question.
I just realized that I follow more that 1,500 accounts. Mine is a mix of journalists, entertainment types, and gaming-related folks. (There are a lot of comedians because this makes Twitter more bearable.)

I haven't noticed an increase in right-wing posts other than those commented upon by my left-leaning media types.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I still think this whole Twitter thing is just a fad.
Covfefe!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'm already frustrated about this, well before the coming Republican House majority winds up melting down the global economy next year.
Black Lives Matter.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

When you realize that the GOP is doing everything they can to obstruct or delay any type of legislative relief for anything in an effort to fuel the 2022 and 2024 elections in their favor, what are you going to do?
Maybe next year, maybe no go
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:24 pm When you realize that the GOP is doing everything they can to obstruct or delay any type of legislative relief for anything in an effort to fuel the 2022 and 2024 elections in their favor, what are you going to do?
I also suppose one possibility is that Biden's people have been told by Sinema or Manchin's people (or someone else) that they won't vote to increase the debt ceiling, so they're spinning this as something that they don't want to do anyway.

BEST case scenario is that they are going to lift the debt ceiling during the lame duck but want to pretend that that they won't until the mid-terms are over.
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

If I Emailed My Parents Like the Democrats Email Me.

A sample -
SUBJECT: I’m DESPERATE, Mom

Mom, did you see this?!?

FIRST: I got a $300 traffic ticket because I forgot about alternate side parking.

THEN: I saw this really cute shirt and it was $95, but that’s actually a good deal because I’m definitely going to wear it a lot.

NOW: Rent is due, and according to my most recent calculations, we’re about $395 short.

Mom, we don’t have a moment to spare. I’m asking—no, BEGGING—for you to chip in ASAP. If every parent reading this email contributes just $197.50 by midnight, we can defend the shirt I just bought from being returned this November.

SUBJECT: Aunt Shelley does NOT want you to read this

Aunt Shelley is FURIOUS!

She claims she hasn’t been invited to Thanksgiving. But you and I both know that’s blatant misinformation. A quick fact-check confirms: she got a Facebook invite but hasn’t responded yet.

Imagine a Thanksgiving dinner without Aunt Shelley’s cornbread. NOTHING to sop up the gravy. NOTHING for sandwiches the next morning. And we know this is just the beginning: already, she’s threatening not to bring the stocking stuffers at Christmas, even though she’s always the one who brings the stocking stuffers, and she comes up with charming ideas for what to put in there.

Dad, I don’t have to tell you how upsetting this is.

Will you TEXT COUSIN ELIZA and SEE WHAT THE DEAL IS?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

:lol:
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

malchior wrote:BTW I don't know if anyone else has noticed but Twitter has to my eyes dramatically altered it's algorithm. I'm seeing non-stop hard right (read strong fascist) voices that I don't follow. I followed a few for visibility and now they dominate my newsfeed. It is sorted by 'Top Tweets' but when I switch to latest Tweets it looks more normalized. They are pushing hard right content all of a sudden.
Latest Tweets is definitely the way to go (and use an adblocker).
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Pyperkub wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:20 pm
malchior wrote:BTW I don't know if anyone else has noticed but Twitter has to my eyes dramatically altered it's algorithm. I'm seeing non-stop hard right (read strong fascist) voices that I don't follow. I followed a few for visibility and now they dominate my newsfeed. It is sorted by 'Top Tweets' but when I switch to latest Tweets it looks more normalized. They are pushing hard right content all of a sudden.
Latest Tweets is definitely the way to go (and use an adblocker).
I figured it out. It was definitely the 'Top Tweets'. The settings are local and I had done a clean install on my new rig. Still the behavior is almost useful. I can switch to right-wing propaganda mode by changing to 'Top Tweets'. What's head scratching to me is again the same followers, same behaviors since I'm logged in, but I'm being delivered stuff that has maybe 100 likes, low follower counts, but is essentially radical right-wing bullshit. How are those the "Top Tweets"?
malchior

Post by malchior »

Do democracies really fix their mistakes? The recent track record has not ... been super solid either.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

malchior wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:41 pm Do democracies really fix their mistakes? The recent track record has not ... been super solid either.
In general and over time, yes - at least better than the alternative. Plus, part of our problem is that our democratic institutions have been breaking down, impairing our ability to fix mistakes.
Black Lives Matter.