Humble Bundles

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Kasey Chang

Re: Humble Bundles

Post by Kasey Chang »

Seems Humble decided to extend their "Big Sims" bundle by an extra week...

I'm kinda interesting in Radio Commander and PC Building Sim. :D
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

:doh: Forgot to pause for the month again.

And nothing I even remotely want.

Anybody want the games for the month? I'm a classic subscriber so this month, I get all 12 games. $12 or best offer (or I can parse them out).
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Zenn7 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:11 am :doh: Forgot to pause for the month again.
Same boat.

I did try out Strange Brigade.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

October looks like another pile of 'meh' to me.
Don't forget to unsubscribe!

Tropico 6 - El Prez Edition
Autonauts Age of Enlightenment
The Sunless Bundle
Iron Danger
Shadows: Awakening
Fae Tactics
Fantasy Blacksmith
The Suicide of Rachel Foster
GOAT OF DUTY
The Uncertain: Episode 1 – The Last Quiet Day
Basement
Lightmatter
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Interesting to see them without a headliner again this month, unless you consider Tropico 6 to be that. I consider it to be the most bundled/discounted franchise in the history of digital distribution, and one that I never have and probably never will play, though I'm sure I'd like it if I did lol. Anyway, not that I necessarily mind. The headliners tend to be hit or miss. But it doesn't really seem like it's brought up the quality/newness of the rest of the bundle. Of course, what can you expect for the high value of Humble Choice if there are even a few titles you're interested in. Some of the previous headliners must be loss leaders.

I'm excited for Fae Tactics... I love turn-based tactics, and I actually just added this one to my wish list. This one only came out a couple months ago, too. It's not exactly high value though. And I've always wanted to try the Sunless games. (But will I ever make the time?) I've had the first one in my library for a couple of years. And then we have a lot of mediocre-looking indie stuff, though I'm sure most of it is reviewed decently if their niche appeals to you.
Last edited by Sudy on Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Archinerd wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:38 pm October looks like another pile of 'meh' to me.
Don't forget to unsubscribe!

Tropico 6 - El Prez Edition
Autonauts Age of Enlightenment
The Sunless Bundle
Iron Danger
Shadows: Awakening
Fae Tactics
Fantasy Blacksmith
The Suicide of Rachel Foster
GOAT OF DUTY
The Uncertain: Episode 1 – The Last Quiet Day
Basement
Lightmatter
Definitely pausing again. Though I will say, I'd have been happier with this pile of 'meh' than last month's. At least some of these games are things I might try.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i think i read if you signed up with the discount and you pause, you lose the discount from there on out?
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

hitbyambulance wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:05 pm i think i read if you signed up with the discount and you pause, you lose the discount from there on out?
No idea, I'm on the classic plan with no special discount. I just pause, pay my $12 on the months I want (or forget). Though I do find that if I pause I often get offered a 2-4$ discount to not pause (so I usually save that on those rare months I do intentionally not pause).
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Same for me.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Cross-posted in e-book bargains thread:

Humble Bundle has a huge R.A. Salvatore e-book bundle that you don't want to miss. It contains a slight overlap at the $1 tier with their previous Drizzt bundle, but otherwise includes a ton of new stuff. They are in PDF or EPUB format, but you can use a converter to convert .epub to .mobi and send them to your Kindle.

R.A. Salvatore Showcase Bundle
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

If anyone subs this month and doesn't want Fae Tactics, let me know and I'll throw a few $$ your way for it.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:08 pm If anyone subs this month and doesn't want Fae Tactics, let me know and I'll throw a few $$ your way for it.
You've got PM.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i just canceled my Humble Monthly subscription. still think it's a good deal, tho.

and if any subscribers also don't want their copy of Fae Tactics, let me know.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

hitbyambulance wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:26 pm i just canceled my Humble Monthly subscription. still think it's a good deal, tho.

You can probably have mine when they charge me. :)
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Kasey Chang wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:00 am
hitbyambulance wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:26 pm i just canceled my Humble Monthly subscription. still think it's a good deal, tho.

You can probably have mine when they charge me. :)
w00t thank you
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

I'm on the classic plan and paused. Just got an email from Humble that I can get October's sub for $6 (instead of the usual $12).

Nothing I want even at that price (if they were free, I might try some of these games, but even then, probably not most of them).

However, if someone else wants these games for $6, I can resub and hook you up (not sure if that's for all 12 or the classic plan pick 10 of the 12).
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I have been subbing annually and have never paused. Based on recent months I am thinking about not renewing after my sub runs out. They have two months left to recapture my interest. There used a to be a big hitter every month. It seems pretty spotty lately.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Zenn7 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:06 pm I'm on the classic plan and paused. Just got an email from Humble that I can get October's sub for $6 (instead of the usual $12).

Nothing I want even at that price (if they were free, I might try some of these games, but even then, probably not most of them).

However, if someone else wants these games for $6, I can resub and hook you up (not sure if that's for all 12 or the classic plan pick 10 of the 12).
They must like you better, they want to charge me $9.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Archinerd wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:04 pm
Zenn7 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:06 pm I'm on the classic plan and paused. Just got an email from Humble that I can get October's sub for $6 (instead of the usual $12).

Either I pause more than you and they're desperate, or they figure they got me last month when I forgot to pause, I must be pliable?
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

November Humble Choice:

Darksiders III
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
Crying Suns
Darksburg
Little Misfortune
Smile For Me
Darkwood
Tsioque
Rover Mechanic Simulator
Youropa
Townsmen - A Kingdome Rebuilt

A return to some bigger and more recent titles... I'm satisfied (yet will still probably never play them lol), though I know it won't be enough for many. Darksiders III is supposed to be pretty good if it's your bag, but it's a couple years old now. Still full price on Steam though, so possibly a bargain for those who want it and didn't already have it. I can't keep track of the Yakuzas and haven't played the last one that came in a bundle yet, though with a retail price around $20 it's not that big of a bargain. Imperator: Rome is only about a year old and costs $40, but it has mediocre reviews and is likely a highly niche title (Paradox grand strategy). And then you have the indie titles that will be hit and miss for most... mostly miss. But this is still pretty great value IMO if you're a hoarder who wants a varied library of games for when the technological singularity occurs and we all become simulated, immortal brains.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

I'm just glad that this time it wasn't a bundle of games that have already been free from Epic and Amazon.
I have but one advocate.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Zenn7 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:31 pm

Either I pause more than you and they're desperate, or they figure they got me last month when I forgot to pause, I must be pliable?
I pause very often, and most likely will be doing so again this month. The only thing remotely appealing is Darksiders III, but I have the first two unplayed so I really don't need it.
My guess, is they may be doing some different options to try and learn where the sweet spot is on their discount offers.
Or, maybe they really do like you better.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Archinerd wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:51 pm
Zenn7 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:31 pm

I pause very often, and most likely will be doing so again this month. The only thing remotely appealing is Darksiders III, but I have the first two unplayed so I really don't need it.
My guess, is they may be doing some different options to try and learn where the sweet spot is on their discount offers.
Or, maybe they really do like you better.
What can I say, I'm beloved by all!
Or we could go with reality, you're probably right with the trying different options, but what fun would that be. :)
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

received an email from them to resub for $8/month for the next three months
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

hitbyambulance wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:47 pm received an email from them to resub for $8/month for the next three months
Just paused for the month (made a reminder so I hopefully won't miss it again). Got offered $4 off this month.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My friend is on the grandfathered plan and is afraid to pause because it might change his price to the higher one.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:21 pm My friend is on the grandfathered plan and is afraid to pause because it might change his price to the higher one.
I'm on the grandfather'd plan too. Pausing does not break it, you just don't get benefits for the month any more and don't have to pay. It will automatically reset you to active immediately as soon as the next month's games come up. You then have a couple weeks to pause again.

You often get discount offers to not pause for a month ($2-4 discount is what I have seen so far).
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:21 pm My friend is on the grandfathered plan and is afraid to pause because it might change his price to the higher one.
i also didn't pause because of that.
Zenn7 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:46 pm
I'm on the grandfather'd plan too. Pausing does not break it, you just don't get benefits for the month any more and don't have to pay. It will automatically reset you to active immediately as soon as the next month's games come up. You then have a couple weeks to pause again.
very misleading wording they used...
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Can you gift the subscription to yourself? Even if you're grandfathered in to the classic plan?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Must be redeemed on a new or compatible subscription plan.
Sorry, as an active subscriber you cannot currently purchase a different subscription plan.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Oh well. :(
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

How many email addresses do you have?
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Crying Suns is a pretty fun space rogue-like.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

December Choice:

OVERCOOKED! 2 + TOO MANY COOKS + SURF 'N' TURF PACK
CHILDREN OF MORTA
ONE STEP FROM EDEN
THE BEAST INSIDE
INDIVISIBLE
SHINING RESONANCE REFRAIN
ZWEI: THE ARGES ADVENTURE
ZWEI: THE ILVARD INSURRECTION
TABLETOP PLAYGROUND
THE HAUNTED ISLAND, A FROG DETECTIVE GAME
FROG DETECTIVE 2: THE CASE OF THE INVISIBLE WIZARD (oh good?)
STILL THERE
STRUGGLING
PATH OF GIANTS
$5 off a month of EA Play Pro (groan...)

It must be action RPG/indie/anime month. I'm actually considering pausing for the first time. Has Humble Choice finally jumped the shark/become unsustainable? There's no hook that I can see here, at all. Overcooked 2 seems to be a hit for co-op multiplayer, but that's a bit niche. And there are a couple really lovely looking titles here (Indivisible, Zwei), but they have troubling reviews. Two titles seem to be iterations on better known indie titles (Tabletop Playground, Struggling), though that doesn't mean they're bad. (Struggling actually has a pretty great/disturbingly bizarre trailer.) But at first glance, everything here would go into my black hole backlog.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

LIMITED TIME: SCORE ONE MONTH OF EA PLAY PRO + ALL DECEMBER CHOICE GAMES FOR $15!

GET $250+ WORTH OF GAMES
Keep all the Choice games forever
Support charity
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

Sudy wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:27 pm December Choice:
Sigh. Yet another pause for me. I can't remember the last time I bought one.
I no longer post here.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:34 pm
LIMITED TIME: SCORE ONE MONTH OF EA PLAY PRO + ALL DECEMBER CHOICE GAMES FOR $15!

GET $250+ WORTH OF GAMES
Keep all the Choice games forever
Support charity
I believe the month of EA Play Pro ($15 value) is only free if you're a new subscriber. For existing ones you just get a $5 discount.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

JetFred

Post by JetFred »

For what it's worth, that's via a linked GOG account, not a Steam key.
I have but one advocate.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Zenn7 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:35 pm
hitbyambulance wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:05 pm i think i read if you signed up with the discount and you pause, you lose the discount from there on out?
No idea, I'm on the classic plan with no special discount. I just pause, pay my $12 on the months I want (or forget). Though I do find that if I pause I often get offered a 2-4$ discount to not pause (so I usually save that on those rare months I do intentionally not pause).
this is what i was referring to:

anyhow, at $6.62/month (state sales tax added) for six months, i re-upped the subscription. there's usually at least one game per month that's worth at least that much.