The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

stimpy

Re: Humble Bundles

Post by stimpy »

hitbyambulance wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:33 pm
stimpy wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:17 pm
hitbyambulance wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:51 pm
stimpy wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:17 pm Anyone with Humble Choice willing to buy Gloomhaven for me at $15 within the next 3 days, which I can promptly pay back via Paypal?
it's coming up as $18.62 after 10.1% WA state sales tax - is that acceptable?
Works for me.
Please pm me your info and I'll send it right out.
Thanks!!
purchased and link sent to you
Payment sent.
Thank you for doing this.
I appreciate it.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

The new Humble subscription games are the worst ever fit to my interests (no I don't just buy every game). Civ 6 would be good if it was the New Frontier Pass but it's all the old DLC. If this is valuable to you, tell me ASAP and I'll sell you whatever you want from this month for $6. Otherwise, I have never paused and I don't understand how it works. So on Classic plan, I can pause and not count this month? It used to be that once games were revealed, too late, so that confuses the crap out of me. I can wait until I see if I like next month's games and then unpause?
Last edited by JetFred on Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have but one advocate.
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

It really does look pretty awful. Also, what is with the constant "This month only you get all 12 games!"? Seems like it would fall under the always on sale clause or something.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Yeah, you should be able to pause any time before the billing date near the end of the month. Which is what I'll also probably doing. This is a tremendous value if you want to get into Civ VI for the first time, but I similarly already have everything up to the last year's worth of DLC.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

JetFred wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:20 pm The new Humble subscription games are the worst ever fit to my interests (no I don't just buy every game). Civ 6 would be good if it was the New Frontier Pass but it's all the old DLC. If this is valuable to you, tell me ASAP and I'll sell you whatever you want from this month for $6. Otherwise, I have never paused and I don't understand how it works. So on Classic plan, I can pause and not count this month? It used to be that once games were revealed, too late, so that confuses the crap out of me. I can wait until I see if I like next month's games and then unpause?
You can pause any time up the day before the billing date (taking advantage of the discount and treasure trove games until then). You can unpause if you change your mind.

You are automatically unpaused the day the next month games are released.

You will be asked if you are sure, you might get asked if you would change your mind for a discount (I got offered $4 off this month, think the same for the last few months), and one more confirmation. But then they let you go. You'll get an email confirmation. You might get 1-2 emails reminding you about the monthly bundle and your last chance, but they're not overly bad about it (it's not daily or even weekly).

You can pause as much as you want apparently. I made a mistake and forgot to pause once early this year or late last year, maybe bought 1 other bundle last year and that was it since 2019. I'm fairly picky about the games I want (not JeffV bad, but pickier than most on here I think).
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Surviving Mars Deluxe free for a limited time.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

JetFred wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:20 pm The new Humble subscription games are the worst ever fit to my interests (no I don't just buy every game). Civ 6 would be good if it was the New Frontier Pass but it's all the old DLC. If this is valuable to you, tell me ASAP and I'll sell you whatever you want from this month for $6. Otherwise, I have never paused and I don't understand how it works. So on Classic plan, I can pause and not count this month? It used to be that once games were revealed, too late, so that confuses the crap out of me. I can wait until I see if I like next month's games and then unpause?
If I'm understanding you, you will sell Civ VI platinum (base plus two expansions?) for $6? If so, sold!

As I mentioned in the Epic thread, I am trying to figure out a way to play with my son now that I finally set up a decent, second gaming computer (and his own Steam and Epic, etc accounts).

From what I have read, the New Frontier Pass gets terrible reviews (compared to the things and civs introduced in the expansions). 61% on Steam.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:42 pm
If I'm understanding you, you will sell Civ VI platinum (base plus two expansions?) for $6? If so, sold!
Dang it, I gave it away a day or two ago because I got no takers. Sorry I didn't wait longer.
I have but one advocate.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

JetFred wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:50 pm
Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:42 pm
Dang it, I gave it away a day or two ago because I got no takers. Sorry I didn't wait longer.
No worries, just now noticed your post was from June 1!
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Now I'm afraid to buy anything in the Steam sale because with my luck it will be in the Humble Choice. At least that comes out a day before the sale is over, so I guess I'll wait.
I have but one advocate.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

there are many titles i've been getting in Humble Choice that will come out shortly after as an Epic Games giveaway. i only pay $6.66/month for Humble Choice so i don't really care that much.
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

I kind of wonder if they had a lot of people just skip last months bundle, because this month is probably the best it's been in a long while. Yakuza 3 Remastered, The Surge 2, Dirt 5, Hammerting; there's pretty much something for everybody and pretty new games too, so I'm quite happy with that.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Chraolic wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:23 pm I kind of wonder if they had a lot of people just skip last months bundle, because this month is probably the best it's been in a long while. Yakuza 3 Remastered, The Surge 2, Dirt 5, Hammerting; there's pretty much something for everybody and pretty new games too, so I'm quite happy with that.
Huh. This was the first time I paused a month (to be fair, I didn't know I could until a few months ago). Really, there were only a few games that were remotely appealing to me, and after watching a video of quick reviews of all the choices, that dropped to just the murder mystery one and that wasn't enough for me to get it.

(From the most part I'm an adventure and strategy player, only occasionally going into RPG, action, etc, if you want to know where I'm coming from).
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

Defiant wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:37 amHuh. This was the first time I paused a month (to be fair, I didn't know I could until a few months ago). Really, there were only a few games that were remotely appealing to me, and after watching a video of quick reviews of all the choices, that dropped to just the murder mystery one and that wasn't enough for me to get it.

(From the most part I'm an adventure and strategy player, only occasionally going into RPG, action, etc, if you want to know where I'm coming from).
OK, I guess it's not for everybody. I'm just glad they're showing a little more variety in the choices and added no repeats from previous bundles or extinct multiplayer games, so I probably didn't really expect all that much.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Chraolic wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:23 pm I kind of wonder if they had a lot of people just skip last months bundle, because this month is probably the best it's been in a long while. Yakuza 3 Remastered, The Surge 2, Dirt 5, Hammerting; there's pretty much something for everybody and pretty new games too, so I'm quite happy with that.
FYI if anyone is interested in The Surge 2 but didn't play the original, which is arguably better, it is $5 at green man gaming right now.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

If anyone is getting this month's Humble Choice and doesn't want/need Drake Hollow, I'll pay $10 for a key.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:07 am If anyone is getting this month's Humble Choice and doesn't want/need Drake Hollow, I'll pay $10 for a key.
FYI, if anyone is going to take me up on this, let me know ahead of time as I have an outstanding offer to someone else... though I guess I could us a key for the other kid as well.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

As of Sep 5, 2021, there are 2 game bundles, 6 book bundles, and 3 software bundles on Humble.

I'm not too keen on kid's games or stealth games, so nothing for me there.

Book bundles I'm somewhat interested... Unix & Linux, Crime Noir, Essential Cookbooks, and Machine Learning. Not too sure about the Audio Drama Bundle. But I already have too many books to read, even from Humble themselves. *sigh*

As for software, only the Sound Forge Pro bundle seems interesting, but it also includes some music production editor which I am not interested in. The other two are fantasy game assets and python tools.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Humble stopped being interesting for me years ago... probably before they sold to IGN to be honest. I still always look at their offers, but it's some pretty niche stuff and gets pretty repetitive. I'm starting to suspect the original owners got out at the exact right time, as the bundle bubble only lasted for a couple years. Humble Choice is still... interesting. But only gets me excited every 3-4 months. Sunk costs and all though, it's still pretty good value if you're grandfathered into the best plan.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

Well, this looks like another month to skip. Three rogue-lites in one month are at least two too many, in my opinion. It's not like there was any shortage of them before either.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

I was happy to get Not for Broadcast and Heaven's Vault, but those are genre games that many won't care for. I agree about the rogue-lites.
I have but one advocate.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Atomicrops is one of the titles! i hadn't kept up with that one since it was in development. getting that one now (as well as the 'rogue-lites')
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Too many roguelites? What do you even mean? There are only six genres remaining in gaming: MOBAs, hero shooters/battle royale, metroidvania, survival/crafting, roguelites, and erotic visual novels. Of course there will be multiple roguelites!

I'm happy to see Fort Triumph though... already had it on my wish list. Looks like some decent, light turn-based tactics.

Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Decent bundle on Asmodee board games:

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/play ... tal_bundle

Got it for $12.16 (beat the average). Currently up to $12.40
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Decent bundle on Asmodee board games:

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Zenn7 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:53 pm Decent bundle on Asmodee board games:

Thanks for the heads-up. I had a bunch of these on my wishlist.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Huh. Unless I've gone nuts, the board game bundle has changed. Previously, there wasn't a $9 tier, the $12 tier had a few less DLC, and there was a pay more than the average that had all of the games and DLC.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

How is the game play for solo campaign by someone who hasnt played any of the board games?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Well, I don't think pandemic has any AI because it's a cooperative game. I've played Small World and Terraforming Mars with the AI, and Small World was fine and I think Terraforming Mars was fine as well - but I was playing casually more to experience the game than competitively to win.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Defiant wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:46 am Huh. Unless I've gone nuts, the board game bundle has changed. Previously, there wasn't a $9 tier, the $12 tier had a few less DLC, and there was a pay more than the average that had all of the games and DLC.
Don't know about those changes, but they did add 2 DLC for Ticket to Ride, so maybe they made some changes with that.
Jag

Post by Jag »

Fighting Juggernauts Bundle
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/figh ... dle_bundle
Soul Calibur 6
Soul Calibur 6 Season Pass 1 70% off Coupon
Soul Calibur 6 Season Pass 2 60% off Coupon

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition
Power Rangers Battle for the Grid
Killer Instinct
Mortal Kombat XL
Slap City
One Finger Death Punch 2
All for $12

Wish I liked fighting games more.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

The Paradox Bundle looks good, but I really have no time to play all that. :-/
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

November Choice 2021 bundle doesn't have any big names in it, but nearly all the titles are of interest to me. i mean, 'proceduraly-generated tactical shooter', come on
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

And it's early access, too, so I guess it could be just about anything by the time it's released. Sheesh. If I wasn't on the "classic" plan I would have cancelled months ago.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

It does seem like they've totally moved away from the big name games. It will just make it easier to let the sub run out next time it comes up for renewal.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Also, they've started making sure they get their cut if you want to direct the funds.

It's almost as if people are the problem.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Chraolic wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:59 pm And it's early access, too, so I guess it could be just about anything by the time it's released. Sheesh.
(but...i am actually interested in that one)

anyways, i'm only paying $6 + tax/month for the choice subscription and that's keeping me onboard at this time.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Disappointing that there are only ten titles. Still, I'm at least somewhat interested in half of the titles, and I'm glad to have Wingspan, so I probably won't pause this month.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I really should stop buying games, PERIOD, as it seems half the games I buy ended up on Humble Bundle 1-3 months later. :-P
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Defiant wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:01 pm Disappointing that there are only ten titles. Still, I'm at least somewhat interested in half of the titles, and I'm glad to have Wingspan, so I probably won't pause this month.
Ha. I thought Wingspan was the airplane flying game I'm interested in, so I checked Humble Bundle..
Turns out that the game I was thinking about is Wingman, which by what must be a huge coincidence is also in that bundle.
Not sure I have enough interest in the other games to warrant a purchase, but I thought that was pretty weird.....
He/Him/His/Porcupine