Humble Bundles

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Kasey Chang

Re: Humble Bundles

Post by Kasey Chang »

Non-game bundles that kinda look interesting... The Manga / Drawing bundle and the Star Trek RPG bundle. I am kinda burned out by coding stuff for a while. I kinda want the Blender bundle, but I figure Manga Drawing bundle to be more useful to me.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

my special offers on Humble Monthly ran out (no more $6.66 a month), so i killed the subscription.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

If anyone wants the base game and eSports expansion of PC Building Simulator, I'll be buying the bundle for the rest of the crap anyway.
I have but one advocate.
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

So I guess they're going back to the old monthly bundles next month. Probably can't hurt, the whole "you get 10 choices to choose between 10 games" thing they're doing now doesn't exactly make a lot of sense to me.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I'm confused as to whether there will be any benefit to having a legacy membership anymore, or if I can finally cancel without generating fatal levels of FOMO.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

Sudy wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:43 pm I'm confused as to whether there will be any benefit to having a legacy membership anymore, or if I can finally cancel without generating fatal levels of FOMO.
I guess the new legacy benefit is 20% off in the Humble store, but I hardly ever buy anything from there so it seems kind of meh.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Chraolic wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:19 pm I guess the new legacy benefit is 20% off in the Humble store, but I hardly ever buy anything from there so it seems kind of meh.
That's not new.
I have but one advocate.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space 70% off - $1.49
Enlarge Image

Infinite Space III: Sea of Stars 70% off - $1.49
Enlarge Image

Grabbed both at these prices. One is from 2005 the other 2015 but Ive always wanted a Infinite Space game but could never agree with the pricing until now.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

He/Him/His/Porcupine
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

As a huge fan of the original, Mafia definitive edition failed to meet my expectations but that may be because I loved the "outside the game" part of the game (where it was basically an open world full of ridiculous challenges to collect ridiculous cars) even more than the story itself and the definitive edition totally missed on that piece of it, focusing much more on the story bits.

On the other hand $6 is totally worth it to revisit the world and the story.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

the "Humble Boomer Shooter" (lol) bundle had four titles - maybe five - that were on my wishlist. for sure there's DUSK, Hellbound, Ion Fury and AMID EVIL (too bad i already had Project Warlock)
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Humble's Ukraine Aid Bundle is up... $40 gets you 123 items... 2/3 games, the remainder is a mix of graphics novels, RPG sourcebooks, 3D printing models (for RPG), programming courses (mainly game creation), some game creators and assets, and one music maker, for $40.

I am a little tempted, as there's a couple games in there I want, but also a lot of stuff I already have.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

I bought the Ukraine bundle and now Steam has locked me out for making too many activation attempts. But, I have so many things I need to activate!? Geez. I feel like they didn't think that through all the way.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Chraolic wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:37 am I bought the Ukraine bundle and now Steam has locked me out for making too many activation attempts. But, I have so many things I need to activate!? Geez. I feel like they didn't think that through all the way.
I got the same thing a few days ago. It sounded like it was a temporary pause. I really need to get back and finish that up.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

I also didn't get the Spyro trilogy because apparently they ran out of keys. That kind of seems like something they should have thought of before.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

That's actually kind of tempting. But $25, ick.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

There are $1, $10, and $18 tiers.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:05 am There are $1, $10, and $18 tiers.
Yes, but the ones that make it most appealing are the top tier. ;)

I've been on a Trek kick again lately.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

If anybody wants to split this bundle, I'll buy it and give you Beyond a Steel Sky, Dreamfall Chapters, Unavowed, and Quern: Undying Thoughts. You can send me $8 one of several different acceptable ways. Let me know.
I have but one advocate.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

This month's Humble Choice isn't actually awful! The only downside is now my kid also wants Gas Station Simulator. I'll pay someone $10 if they buy the bundle and send me their Gas Station Simulator key. Post here first so I don't get multiple takers (hey, it could happen!).

edit: Request fulfillment pending
Last edited by coopasonic on Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:19 pm This month's Humble Choice isn't actually awful! The only downside is now my kid also wants Gas Station Simulator. I'll pay someone $10 if they buy the bundle and send me their Gas Station Simulator key. Post here first so I don't get multiple takers (hey, it could happen!).
i can do that
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hitbyambulance wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:21 pm
coopasonic wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:19 pm This month's Humble Choice isn't actually awful! The only downside is now my kid also wants Gas Station Simulator. I'll pay someone $10 if they buy the bundle and send me their Gas Station Simulator key. Post here first so I don't get multiple takers (hey, it could happen!).
i can do that
Awesome. PM Incoming.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Humble "Biohazard" Bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/resi ... des-horror

$30 tier includes all the latest complete/remakes/remasters of Resident Evils 0-7, i think?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Pay what you want Starlight bundle
Play to support Starlight Children’s Foundation

Help Humble Bundle support Starlight Children’s Foundation’s quest to deliver happiness to seriously ill kids and their families with this bundle of games featuring the worlds of Disney!

Play the role of Darth Vader’s secret apprentice in the acclaimed STAR WARS™ - The Force Unleashed™. Achieve superheroic, out-of-this-galaxy scores with Marvel and STAR WARS Pinball FX3 tables and packs. Explore the LEGO STAR WARS gaming galaxy, rediscover LucasArts classics like Grim Fandango, experience the thrills of the Aliens VS Predator Collection, and much more.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Dudes.

RPG Legends: Baldur's Gate & Beyond

NWN: Complete Adventures
BG I: Enhanced
BG I: Siege of Dragonspear
BG II: Enhanced
BG: Faces of Good and Evil
Planescape Torment: Enhanced
Icewind Dale: Enhanced

25% Off MythForce (Epic)

About $10 USD/$13 CAD

Add Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and it's $18/$26.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Choice seems pretty decent this month?

All on my to-play list:

- Wasteland 3 (also heavily discounted on Steam right now)
- Greed Fall
- Backbone

Who knows?

- First Class Trouble
- Toem
- Where the Water Tastes Like Wine
- Blade Assualt
- Super Magbot

Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

Yeah, looks good to me too. I've been lukewarm on the past few monthly bundles, but I'm definitely getting this one.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Deathloop was worth it.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Still not entirely sure why I keep my sub. I don't use the discount, I don't value the games....
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I still find it good value. Not every month hits for me, but I don't buy a lot of the bigger titles soon after release so when they have a good one I'm usually pleased. They often have an indie I'm really interested in every month or two, too. But realistically? Yeah, I'm unlikely to ever play more than one or two titles in each bundle. Still often cheaper than buying them individually though.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Very rarely do I play any of them, but I also buy a lot of games at release so it's unlikely any of their best games are something I haven't already finished.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ehh I want that DOOM game but $12 is still too much for me.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:35 am Ehh I want that DOOM game but $12 is still too much for me.
If you can wait a few weeks, I get my bundle paid for at the end of the month, and I'll gift it to you. I don't play FPS that are too fast nowadays. :) Lack of twitch reflex. :D
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

My problem is that in this Doom you have different weapon and pacing combos (order of clicks, if using mouse and keyboard) to kill enemies so they spit out armor, ammunition, and health. I was in college already when Doom came out. I just want to shoot guy and they dead.
I have but one advocate.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

JetFred wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:15 pm My problem is that in this Doom you have different weapon and pacing combos (order of clicks, if using mouse and keyboard) to kill enemies so they spit out armor, ammunition, and health. I was in college already when Doom came out. I just want to shoot guy and they dead.
even Serious Sam started getting too cute with it (like the hammer guys that are invincible from the front). it's not fun.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

A lot of the changes are to keep shooters from getting too stale after 30 years. Having certain enemies weak against certain weapons, enemies being invincible from the front, enemies with 'weak spots' (see Borderlands), etc are all to change "Click until you're out of ammo, change guns, click until you're out of ammo" into "Get the right gun, maneuver, and aim."
JetFred wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:15 pm My problem is that in this Doom you have different weapon and pacing combos (order of clicks, if using mouse and keyboard) to kill enemies so they spit out armor, ammunition, and health. I was in college already when Doom came out. I just want to shoot guy and they dead.
It isn't as complicated as combos. It's not a brawler like Street Fighter. You have guns, and you have a special 'glory kill' button. When an enemy is almost dead, but not quite, it starts flashing. If you get close and hit your glory kill button, they drop loot. That's pretty much the entire mechanic.