Humble Bundles

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Zenn7

Re: Humble Bundles

Post by Zenn7 »

They're doing a Paradox DLC build your own bundle. Most/all the DLC present looks to be 50% off, buy 3, 60%, 4/63%, 5/65% off (increased discount is based on the original price - $10 is $5, down to $3.50 if you get 5 DLC).

Good time to the get Battletech DLC if you haven't already, also have the Stellaris, Crusader Kings 2, HOI4, EU4, might be some other, may not be everything for all those games. Might find some for older versions (thought I saw something for HOI3).

Having gotten the missing Battletech DLC in the last byob from Paradox, I'm good.

$28 is still too steep for what I think are the 5 main Stellaris DLC - not counting races/flavor stuff, especially considering I have only completed the tutorial once and not gone anywhere with it. And that's farther than I've gotten in CK2.

I have HOI3 an EU3 - EU3 I failed to get far in my 1 attempt and HOI3 was a spectacular failure as Canada - the war didn't seem to be happening. By 1944, I still couldn't fight anything in Africa,it wouldn't let me attack the Axis held areas. Think sometime in 1945 I started my own D-Day with my 1 army and 1-2 infantry divisions - it let me attack but shockingly, the Canadian solo invasion of German held Europe didn't go well). Never tried another game.

But some of you others might find this a good time to get some Paradox DLC (not sure how this compares to other best sales, since Battletech was the only one I really tracked that closely, but don't recall Stellaris being cheaper, that being the other one I paid some attention to).
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Zenn7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:14 pm $28 is still too steep for what I think are the 5 main Stellaris DLC - not counting races/flavor stuff, especially considering I have only completed the tutorial once and not gone anywhere with it. And that's farther than I've gotten in CK2.
No Federations and no Ancient Relics Story Pack. I'm hemming and hawing about going from nor BattleTech DLC to all BattleTech DLC for just over $20. I think I'm going to pull the trigger. I'd do it in a heartbeat if they included a 2nd campaign as good as the first (and maybe made choices meaningful)
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:28 pm
Zenn7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:14 pm $28 is still too steep for what I think are the 5 main Stellaris DLC - not counting races/flavor stuff, especially considering I have only completed the tutorial once and not gone anywhere with it. And that's farther than I've gotten in CK2.
No Federations and no Ancient Relics Story Pack. I'm hemming and hawing about going from nor BattleTech DLC to all BattleTech DLC for just over $20. I think I'm going to pull the trigger. I'd do it in a heartbeat if they included a 2nd campaign as good as the first (and maybe made choices meaningful)
If I didn't already have the Battletech DLC, I'd have gotten it. While you're doing it though, might as well see if you can't find 2 more dlc for something else - get another 5% of the 3 Battletech DLC plus some DLC for another game. That's about $3 additional savings on the Battletech games. Should be like $21 for the 3 of them then instead of like $24.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Holy cow, I’m jumping all over that D&D e-book bundle.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Yep, I grabbed it too! I've read the first two Drizzt trilogies but it's been years so I don't mind reading them again. Those are all running full retail on Kindle so that's over $180 of books worth for $15. Incredible bargain.

Oddly enough I was just contemplating reading some old D&D novels again the other day.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

That's a great deal. I've read all of them except for the War of the Spider Queen stuff, and they're light, fun reading.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Zenn7 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:39 pm
LordMortis wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:28 pm
If I didn't already have the Battletech DLC, I'd have gotten it. While you're doing it though, might as well see if you can't find 2 more dlc for something else - get another 5% of the 3 Battletech DLC plus some DLC for another game. That's about $3 additional savings on the Battletech games. Should be like $21 for the 3 of them then instead of like $24.
I looked. I was hoping for the two Stellaris DLC I didn't have and actually wanted (Federation and the Ancients Story Pack). I debated some of the CK2 content but then decided spending money to save money just created less value, not more.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

The XCOM 2 DLC keys in the new Humble Monthly say they are just two of the packs, but between them it activated 5 of the packs in my account. I didn't see which did what, but that means it's all the DLC except the 2 War of the Chosen DLC. Then you can buy the rest via bundle in the Steam store for $12 through May 7.
I have but one advocate.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

What’s the rest of this month’s choices?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

JetFred wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:10 pm The XCOM 2 DLC keys in the new Humble Monthly say they are just two of the packs, but between them it activated 5 of the packs in my account. I didn't see which did what, but that means it's all the DLC except the 2 War of the Chosen DLC. Then you can buy the rest via bundle in the Steam store for $12 through May 7.
I might add that the Jurassic World DLC really is just the one Deluxe pack, though. One good thing was that base games and DLC were separate keys for both XCOM 2 and Jurassic World.
I have but one advocate.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

On the other hand, what twisted soul tries to market over $70 worth of DLC for chess?
I have but one advocate.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

If you like adventure games, Humble has a Sierra bundle, with over 30 games (The Kings Quest, Space Quest, Police Quest, Quest for Glory, Gabriel Knight and Phatasmagoria series, as well as a few other non-adventure games games).

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/sierra-the-3rd
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Thanks Defiant.

I grabbed it, primarily for nostalgia over Phantasmagoria and Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within.

Don't know how many of them I'll actually play, but it will be fun mess around with.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

ASHES OF THE SINGULARITY: ESCALATION - free for the next 2 days.

Apparently doing a Spring sale (little late in the Spring time?), maybe they'll have something good...
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Humble Bundle 10th Anniversary Bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/humb ... -bundle-21

complete with 'mystery game' unlocked x days later, just like in the old days
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Humble Namco/Bandai 4

$1:
PAC-MAN 256
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
GET EVEN

$First Tier:
.HACK/G.U. LAST RECODE
Katamari Damacy Reroll
RAD

$15 Tier:
TEKKEN 7
Tales of Berseria

$25 Tier:
The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan

this was a no-brainer for $15 - I've always wanted Katamari Damacy on PC (the original was one of the best games of the past two decades IMO), been meaning to get TEKKEN 7, kinda wanted Pac-Man 256, RAD looks like my kinda thing and now i don't need to track down old copies of the .HACK series for PS2. i already own Enslaved, but i'll give that away.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Dont know the others but Enslaved was a good game when I played it.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Pac-Man 256 (aka procedural infinite runner Pac-Man) is a good buy for a dollar. pretty fun.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I think I'm going to go in at $15 just for Tales of Berseria. Not only is it consistently ranked among the best of the Tales series, it's sitting at $50 on Steam right now.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

new Humble Cities:Skylines Bundle has a bunch of DLC:

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/cities-skylines

...and the base game is at the $1 tier
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

Probably not news to anyone else, but the Humble Subscription Trove is looking better than I remembered it.

Some games I enjoyed after paying for:

Bomber Crew
Reus
The Flame in the Flood
Epistory
The Sexy Brutale
Satellite Reign
Tacoma
Renowned Explorers
Fallen Enchantress
Frozen Synapse
Blackguards
The Incredible Machine

Some old LucasArts Games I loved back in the day:
Star Wars Rebellion
Star Wars X-Wing Alliance
Star Wars X-Wing vs Tie Fighter
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Some others I've heard good things about:
Wheels of Aurelia
Orwell
Race the Sun
Deponia games
Some Broken Sword Games
Tokyo 42

Certainly worth a look if you haven't recently.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

I went through it recently. Turned out, most indie games I already had in my Humble Library (as extras in various bundles, I think), and the bigger name titles I already had on Steam or GOG. Still, there were maybe 10-20 games I didn't have.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

SUPRALAND
GRID™ - ULTIMATE EDITION
HELLBLADE: SENUA'S SACRIFICE
THE MESSENGER
BAROTRAUMA
FELIX THE REAPER
MEN OF WAR: ASSAULT SQUAD 2 - WARCHEST EDITION
STYGIAN: REIGN OF THE OLD ONES
REMNANTS OF NAEZITH
OVERLOAD
THE STILLNESS OF THE WIND
THE KING'S BIRD

I do wish Choice/Monthly would stop including games that have been given away free. At least three of those are in my Twitch account for that reason.
I have but one advocate.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Who else has a Classic subscription but hasn't actually claimed any games yet? Hmm, I think there was one title I claimed but I haven't actually played it.

Excited to see Hellblade this month, that one's been on my list. The other ones don't appeal to me or I don't recognize, but I'll have to check them out.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Hope your rig isn't as old as mine when you try to run Hellblade.
I have but one advocate.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

have a pile of these already, but some of the new titles look interesting:

https://www.humblebundle.com/fight-for- ... ice-bundle
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hitbyambulance wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:40 pm have a pile of these already, but some of the new titles look interesting:

Same but I went for it anyway. A few good ones for the kids' steam libraries and some interesting books as well.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

hitbyambulance wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:40 pm have a pile of these already, but some of the new titles look interesting:

coopasonic wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:58 pm Same but I went for it anyway. A few good ones for the kids' steam libraries and some interesting books as well.
If either of you don't want your FRAMED key, I'd take it. And I'm sure someone would make a deal with you for Elite Dangerous if you didn't want it.
I have but one advocate.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Damn - I just bought Age of Wonders 3 in the GoG sale a few weeks back. But this HB still has some pretty good games that I have been at least semi-interested in trying.
Black Lives Matter
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

July Humble monthly choice is up.

Includes - Age of Wonders - Planetfall! YAY!

Paused my sub, they offered me $2 off, so I got it for $10.
They had Railway Empires, BSG:Deadlock (Season 1) and Sigma Theory (Global Cold War). First 2 looked mildly interesting before, the last seemed like it might be worth while enough to try at least.

The not interesting (to me stuff):
Void Bastards
Yuppie Psycho
Beat Hazard 2
Metal Unit
Don't Escape - 4 days to survive
Verlet Swing
Basingstoke
Earthlock

(if you just want the uninteresting stuff, head to free game thread)
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Yum! Both the new AoW and Void Bastards were on my list. Mind you, I don't think I've gotten around to playing the last AoW yet.... A lot if interesting stuff in this one IMO.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Yep. I'm pleased with the minimal/no multiplayer-only stuff in the last few bundles. They have still been good for single player strategy and adventure of a variety of styles.
I have but one advocate.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I had a lot of fun with Void Bastards earlier this year.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:59 pm I had a lot of fun with Void Bastards earlier this year.
Another +1 for Void Bastards. It was surprisingly fun.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Cross posted to the Gaming forum.

Humble RPG Book Bundle: Pathfinder Second Edition by Paizo Inc

If you've any interest in the Pathfinder 2nd Edition RPG, this is an excellent deal. PF2 is the most recent game I was running, and it is an excellent game.

For $5 you get the Core Rulebook and the Fall of Plaguestone, plus some novellas by Dave Gross to get you into the setting (I've read others in this series by him, and they're actually pretty good), plus some maps and one-shot adventures. Pathfinder doesn't split the rulebook, so the Core Rulebook is all you need (IE - it is the PHB and DMG in one.) I've run Plaguestone, too, and it is an excellent introductory adventure.

For $10 you get the Lost Omens World Guide (this the setting guide for PF2), plus more novellas, one-shots, and maps

For $20 you add the Bestiary, the Lost Omens Character Guide (and excellent book with more character options - D&D folks should think Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide), more novellas, maps, and one-shots.

And for $30 you get everything above plus a physical copy of the Core Rulebook. Given that this is $60 retail, and currently $38 on Amazon, this is a steal.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Asking for a friend of mine.....in the Double Fine bundle is a game called Iron Brigade. If anyone doesn't want that and wants to toss the key my way for them Id appreciate it. Thanks.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

F1 2018 for free.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Humble store's EA sale just made Jedi: Fallen Order deluxe edition CHEAPER than the standard edition.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds