Saint's Row IV

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Smoove_B

Re: Saint's Row IV

Post by Smoove_B »

Worth every minute. Just finished and found the entire experience to be entertaining. At the end of the day, this game is just fun. Yes, it's insane, yes it's filled with numerous 80s and 90s culture references that take it over the top but everything added to the experience. Highly recommended.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Did your dl finish yet? Lol
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Octavious wrote:Dod you dl finish yet? Lol
:shifty:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Geez I edited that like super quick. Lol
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yes, it finished Friday afternoon and I tried it out a bit late Friday night. I was right at the end of this game so I had to push through and finish. No way I was going to let it sit idle. I tried doing the Online GTA stuff but of course my 2400 bps DSL connection is giving me issues. I seem to be able to roam around ok, but during a race I was blinking in and out of existence.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Geez I couldn't live with that crappy of a connection.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Smoove_B wrote:I didn't realize that Saint's Row IV was essentially Crackdown - one of my all time favorite games. Super jumping around a city? Yes please.
I am about 10 hours into it now and this is what I like about the game. Running faster than super cars, jumping insane heights, shooting fireballs that make the bad guys (and bystanders) explode, telekinesis throwing tanks at other tanks, unlimited ammo... The list goes on and on. I will say that I like the open world game play more than the story missions mostly because apparently I am a prude and I don't find a lot of their juvenile humor very funny... and I call it juvenile humor. The good news is there is more open world game play than story missions.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, open roaming is fun as hell. I think I have about 90% of the collectibles, which amazes me as I'm not really into that stuff (mostly because it drives me insane). And yes, while the humor is definitely...low brow at times, if you finish the Dominatrix DLC and don't have a genuine smile on your face, you might just be a robot.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Now Zimos...that is funny.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Smoove_B wrote:if you finish the Dominatrix DLC and don't have a genuine smile on your face, you might just be a robot.
Beep boop whirr click.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Doomboy

Post by Doomboy »

Wow. I picked this up this morning in a sale on Indigala, and I am amazed. I played Saint's Row 1,2, and 3, and none of them sucked me in. This one just has it. When I read about the concept, I scoffed and said it wasn't for me. But since the whole shebang was only 11 bucks, I decided to try it out.

It is the first time playing this series that I am into it. Not sure why. Maybe the super powers, or the Matrix thing, or that I don't have to feel even a tiny bit of guilt for killing pixels. But I am definitely onboard for this one. All the way to the end.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Gat out of Hell is $9.99 until 9/14.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Max Peck

Re: Saints Row IV

Post by Max Peck »

Crossplay and upgrade coming for Saints Row IV
We are pleased to let you know that on December 8th we will be upgrading all copies of Saints Row IV to Saints Row IV: Re-Elected. This includes Saints Row IV: Game of The Century Edition. This means that players who own Saints Row IV in any capacity will be automatically upgraded to Saints Row IV: Re-Elected and therefore will have access to the included DLC packs:
All other versions and separate DLC will be removed from sale as of December 8th and will no longer be useable. All of your saves and achievements will be moved over so you can still play as you always have. Mods should not be affected.

This change will go live for Windows players on December 8 and later for Linux players.

Along side this update we are thrilled to let you know that crossplay on PC will become available with players on Epic Games and GOG, so you can create mayhem with a friend on another launcher! So go forth Saints, and paint Steelport Purple.
If you don't already own a copy, Saints Row IV: Re-Elected will be free on Epic Games Store next week (Dec 8 - Dec 15).
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

This is just a fun, fun game.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I'll be getting it next week because free :D
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold