Steam Trading Cards discussion

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

JetFred

Re: Steam Trading Cards discussion

Post by JetFred »

Two Digits added. For such a simple idea, I've enjoyed it so far, but I particularly like casual straightforward puzzles.
I have but one advocate.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Smoove_B wrote:Hey, no one ever said working at the card mines was going to be easy.
AGAIN! Well done. :D
:clap:
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Monument and Rebuild 3 added. Between the sale and the 2-hour thing, I am already way behind in the card mines.
I have but one advocate.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, getting the initial drop for Infested Planet happened at exactly the 2 hour mark. What's more interesting though is that the next two drops happened over the next 60 minutes. Not sure if I was just lucky or if it was a fluke, but that's not something I remember happening before the refund change. I'll definitely try to keep track when I'm working towards the next set of drops...
Maybe next year, maybe no go
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

I saw yesterday where one developer said their drop time after the two hour mark was 5-10 minutes.
I have but one advocate.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Ok, for Knights of Pen and Paper +1 the first card dropped at 2.1 hours. Second one dropped at 2.6 hours, the third and final card at 3.1 hours. Historically speaking, I'm used to seeing full card drops in the 4-5 hour range, so other than the initial drop taking longer, maybe this new trend will work out better (if it's not a fluke).
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Except that I historically was having all cards drop in 1.5-2.5 hours if there were less than 5. But if the 2-hour delay causes some developers to lower their time to drop, we could see little net wait. I think it will continue to vary but in general take a lot longer than before.
I have but one advocate.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Same exact pattern for Jazzpunk. 2.1, 2.6 and 3.1 hours for the three drops. I have one left to test and like the other two, it's 3 drops on a 6 card badge.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Anomaly Warzone Earth Mobile Campaign added.
I have but one advocate.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

If you like card mining, I think I've found a bearable way to live with the two hour thing. We long ago discovered that you could run multiple games at once, and they might drop a few cards, but for some reason they often would stop dropping or drop too late that way. Don't know why. However, running multiple games at once does appear to run up the play time clock for all of them, so when you are going to leave your computer, launch three or four games, whatever your processor can handle. Then when you come back more than 2 hours later, you can close them and relaunch one at a time. They should each drop cards at the old rate at that point, maybe even dropping the first card almost immediately.
I have but one advocate.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Sorta related to this......is there a way to list your sellable inventory items by what they are worth? Its takes SO much time to go one by one and check what they are selling for. Id sell stuff that is worth something more than like 0.50
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I don't believe so, no. The initial wave of sales is going to take some time, but what do you expect? No one said working in the card mines was going to be easy. The trick then (once you sell off that initial haul) is to then stay on top of it as yo are given booster or game drops. I mean, when you click on the object you want to sell, it will tell you what the current offerings are. Put yours up for $.01 less. It really is that easy.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I go to the inventory page. Clicking on the card will show you a box on the left that will show:
View in Community Market
Starting at: $0.xx
Volume: x sold in the last 24 hours
followed by a Sell button.

I will usually Ctrl-click the View in Community Market to load a page that will tell me if there are a few or hundreds selling for the Starting at: price. Then I'll hit Sell from the inventory page, and post it either at Seller Pays: the Starting at: price or a penny below it.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Yep to those suggestions.
I have but one advocate.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Steel Storm Burning Retribution added.
I have but one advocate.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Bedlam added. One of the more interesting indie FPS early access I've seen.
I have but one advocate.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - GotY Edition added
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Fearless Fantasy added.
I have but one advocate.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Shutter added. And Star Chronicles Delta Quadrant which pretty much just came out anyway.
I have but one advocate.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Haunted added.
I have but one advocate.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

You Are Not a Banana added.
I have but one advocate.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Back to the old game of making up names, eh? See if everyone's awake? :wink:
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I'M A BANANA!
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Today I was trying to send 22 cards from one account to another account, and the trade failed and only kicked 8 cards back to the first account. The rest disappeared. Sometimes I hate Steam community.
I have but one advocate.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Okay, to their credit, support did respond within 24 hours and give back the right number of cards, although some were a bit random and not the same cards that were lost.

EDIT: Oops, I was wrong, they are all the right ones. Maybe they magically reappeared on their own like 20 hours later. Weird.
I have but one advocate.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

In a move that should surprise no one following this thread, Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II added.

EDIT: With 13 hours already logged into the game, I picked up three drops in 30 minutes -- one of which was a foil. That's what makes this all worthwhile. Let's see how much someone is willing to pay... :D
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

One Night added.
I have but one advocate.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Super Furball added.
I have but one advocate.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

The answer for the DoW II foil was $0.85 in case anyone was wondering. Lord do I miss the early days of the trading cards program. :(

But yes, I think I picked up all six card drops in under an hour, having already logged 13 hours into the game after they added the trading cards.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Vortex Attack added.
I have but one advocate.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Is DOW 2 have to be the base game?

I was playing DOW2:Retribution because I had it installed and hadn't completed all the missions, so it was quick to turn on, played a little, let it running. I had over 10 hours in and left it running for hours, actually played a mission and tried to play the Last Stand MP (but I had huge lag, probably need to turn the graphics WAY down or something). Point being though, never got a card.

Haven't made much money from the cards, but I did buy one game for $1.49 during summer sale w/ card money and think I bought 1 game for a buck or less before (maybe it was a couple dollars). Currently have ~$2.50 from it.

Also - do you have to have bought the game on Steam or can you add a non-steam game to your library and play it through Steam and get cards? (I have the CD for DOW 1, not on Steam though).
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

You have to have bought it through Steam, and the Dawn of War cards are base games only.
I have but one advocate.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Zenn7 wrote: (I have the CD for DOW 1, not on Steam though).
Good news then -- you can add Dawn of War II to your STEAM account by entering the CD key. See here.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Smoove_B wrote:
Good news then -- you can add Dawn of War II to your STEAM account by entering the CD key. See here.
Thanks! (And thanks JF for confirming it's the base game only).

My base DOW 1 game, got it off Ebay (wife got it for me, got it twice by mistake). It was cheap, but it was some international copy or something, key's not in the right format. Even though it doesn't get cards, wishing the later versions were supported. Might try them anyway if I can find my CD's/keys. I think have all the DOW 1 xpansions - definitely have the last 2 where you picked a faction to battle for a planet (and later, the whole system). Loved that game! DOW2 is cool, but definitely preferred the first 1. Just easier to have them on Steam rather than look for the CD's. Wish Heroes of MM 5 and it's xpacs were on that list too. Nice to have it through Steam and not have to dig out the CD's to install/play which I like to do once in a blue moon.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Zenn7 wrote:
Smoove_B wrote:
Thanks! (And thanks JF for confirming it's the base game only).

My base DOW 1 game, got it off Ebay (wife got it for me, got it twice by mistake). It was cheap, but it was some international copy or something, key's not in the right format. Even though it doesn't get cards, wishing the later versions were supported. Might try them anyway if I can find my CD's/keys. I think have all the DOW 1 xpansions - definitely have the last 2 where you picked a faction to battle for a planet (and later, the whole system). Loved that game! DOW2 is cool, but definitely preferred the first 1. Just easier to have them on Steam rather than look for the CD's. Wish Heroes of MM 5 and it's xpacs were on that list too. Nice to have it through Steam and not have to dig out the CD's to install/play which I like to do once in a blue moon.
What the heck, thought I'd give my key a shot. It worked. Soulstorm key worked too (only my base game key was foreign, rest were standard US retail purchases). Winter Assault key did not work. Couldn't find the Dark Crusade CDs/manual (key) to try it. Much as I loved playing Dark Crusade (think I complete it w/ all factions at least once), if I play again, I'd play Soulstorm. Though I loved having massive built up bases in DC, so counterattacks were promptly defeated, Soulstorm's approach made more sense (except I though your capital/home should have gotten some base bonus automatically... :( ). And I have not played through all the factions on this. Think I did Spaces Marines, Chaos, Orks, started Imperial Infantry (GI? the non-space marines human faction), don't recall if I finished that one. And my fav races, the Tau and the Necron. Enjoyed them in Dark Crusade the most. Never a big Eldar fan. Dark Eldar didn't appeal much, nor the Sisters. Might have to play this again...
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Glad you got some of that stuff added. There are a handful of games from around 2011-ish that I had before realizing you could enter keys into Steam. I've made a few physical purchases since, aware that I'd never need the disk, just the key (Portal 2 and Dishonored come to mind).
I have but one advocate.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

The Tiny Bang Story added. Nice little adventure-lite that isn't set up like most hidden object games. Also, No Time to Explain has been added as a Remastered version, while the developer has released a why-the-original-sucked blog.
I have but one advocate.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Clandestinity of Elsie and Immune added.
I have but one advocate.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

JetFred wrote:
As of now, he has over 3,000 games in his profile.
Give me two months. But ain't no way I'm wasting all that credit crafting badges.
Make that a month and a half.

And as you can see, Steam has now granted me a title that is much more fitting than "Gaming God" at 2,000. Because, yes, that means this...
JetFred wrote:
Pyperkub wrote:
Smoove_B wrote:10,000,000 added.
I don't think even JetFred has that many steam games. ..
...was only 7.5 months ago. I assure you that if I knew the actual amount I have spent since then, those games came out to less than $0.40 each.
I have but one advocate.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

:bow-blue:

You really are in another league.