Star Wars - Han Solo's Mission

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Star Wars - Han Solo's Mission

Post by bb2112 »

Day 3 Vote:

1. Moliere --------------------> Newcastle
2. Qantaga -------------------> Lassr
3. Newcastle ----------------> Lassr, Newcastle, Lassr
4. Chaosraven ---------------> Newcastle
5. Lassr -----------------------> Newcastle
6. El Guapo ------------------>
7. Redrun -------------------->
8. Tru1cy ---------------------> Lagom Lite
9. Scoop20906 ---------------> Moliere, Newcastle
10. Lagom Lite -------------->

3 Votes - Newcastle ----------> Moliere, Scoop90120, Lassr
2 Votes - Lassr ----------------> Qantaga, Newcastle
1 Vote - Lagom Lite ----------> Tru1cy

No Votes - El Guapo, Redrun, Lagom Lite, Chaosraven

Majority is 6

Deadline is November 7th 9PM Eastern

Dead
Remus West
RMC
Purge
Vorret

I think I got this right. If not, let me know.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Moliere, Lassr, Lagom?

Lassr 

Black Lives Matter.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

I got nothing. I've been very busy at work, checking in on the thread from time to time. At first I wanted to vote Newcastle, but with his intense posting lately that interest has vanished.

I suppose (and I'm saying this as a player who hasn't paid much attention) Moliere, Qantaga, tru1cy would be most interesting to me right now. I'll check in later and cast a vote.

Don't lynch me though, I'm just a Delegate.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Scoop 

If this is to be the last vote we control, I am unwilling to let the possibility he has indeed been flaunting his Imperial status the whole game stand with a flawless win.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

El Guapo wrote:
Moliere wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Q, how returning to my original vote: Molerie?
I'll try again from a keyboard.

Q, how would you feel about returning to a vote on Moliere?
Based on what?
This is the kind of thing that makes me a touch suspicious about Moliere. He seems to never show up until his name is bandied about as a suspect, then a quick denial and back to the shadows.
Did someone just say my name? :ninja:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Chaosraven wrote: Scoop 

If this is to be the last vote we control, I am unwilling to let the possibility he has indeed been flaunting his Imperial status the whole game stand with a flawless win.
This seems like a weird throwaway vote. It's like you want to be seen voting without having your vote accomplish anything. What better way to do that than vote for your fellow Imperial that doesn't have a spotlight on him.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Well, I think if we do not reach consensus today then that gives us one more day although we will just be back at the same place we are now.

I thought for sure Chaos had zeroed in on Newcastle now he throws out Scoop on the last day... :?
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote:Moliere, Lassr, Lagom?

Lassr 

:doh:

Han, I know you re a gambler, but that is a losing Hand...
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Moliere wrote:

This seems like a weird throwaway vote. It's like you want to be seen voting without having your vote accomplish anything. What better way to do that than vote for your fellow Imperial that doesn't have a spotlight on him.
Exactly
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lassr wrote:
El Guapo wrote:Moliere, Lassr, Lagom?

Lassr 

:doh:

Han, I know you re a gambler, but that is a losing Hand...
for you jabba, yes.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Moliere wrote:

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with this.
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I still do not think he is the best choice today. Scoop has had his evil moments but they are evil moments I have not seen from him before. In other words he has taken his evil persona in a direction he has not before. So I am conflicted if he is just the goofy good scoop or the new evil scoop.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Moliere wrote:

Evil can win today so if Chaos is evil then doing this means that the two leading in the vote are also evil most likely. That would be Newcastle and I. Why would he not want to hop on the innocent train (Lassr) if he is indeed evil or Newcastle if indeed Newcastle is an innocent (which I do not believe). So I do not think an evil Chaosraven would throw away a vote and chance to win today. The question becomes what does he do later. Does he stick with it or hop on board toward the end?

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

So Lassr...did CR just lose it over there in the bad guy forums? be curious to read through your guys reaction to the failed train stall on me.
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle wrote:So Lassr...did CR just lose it over there in the bad guy forums? be curious to read through your guys reaction to the failed train stall on me.
Wow, you really are over the top with your good guy impersonation in this game. But, hey, they may be working on the others it seems so good job.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

It will be amusing if it turns out that both Newcastle and Lassr are villagers.

Moliere, Chaosraven, Lagom?

Though I would think that Chaosraven would stay on one of the Newcastle or Lassr trains if so.
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Any other trains we want to start today? We need to get this going.

I have my eye on Qantaga but I really don't know about him until I know about Newcastle which does us no good if Newcastle turned up innocent. If Newcastle is guilty of being an imperial like I suspect then I think I would move Qantaga to the top of my list. Yesterday when he started attacking me it seems like he was ignoring some of the stuff I was saying about Newcastle. Maybe he just thinks my reasoning was just a load of crap...

I do not like the Chaos vote on Scoop but that in itself does not feel imperial to me. Stay tuned.

Lagom is too quiet. When Lagom is evil I don't remember him being this quiet.

Scoop-A mystery. The new evil scoop persona or not?

tru1cy-bugged me when he said he felt I was innocent when Chaos voted for me earlier when I had indeed made myself look like Jabba with my voting pattern. So what made me look innocent?

Redrun-was attacking me early in the game but has been quiet recently. still a mystery

Moliere-another mystery as I don't recall playing against him and if I did at GT it was a long long time ago...in a galaxy far far away.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote:It will be amusing if it turns out that both Newcastle and Lassr are villagers.
indeed. It has happened before and that is on my mind. I want to take a step back now and let others form an opinion. I think Newcastle is Imperial, I have hammered that point home and now I wait for someone else to do something.

Black Lives Matter
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Eight hours until deadline.

It would be nice to start moving toward consensus.

Let's talk about this while we wait.
Lassr wrote: I have my eye on Qantaga... Yesterday when he started attacking me

That's a mis-characterization that I don't expect from you. I didn't start attacking you yesterday (the word attack itself is mis-leading). I have said all the way back to the beginning of Day 2 that I believe our best place to find a wolf is by examining Jabba's powers. That points to you, Purge, and Lagom. I was wrong about Purge (as were you), but I still believe the data favors you or Lagom or both as being evil. The post in which I voted for you included other analysis that pointed in your direction, too.

It's also worth noting that El Guapo reached a similar conclusion as I did, yet you don't characterize him as attacking you. (Yes, I know the reason is that he is a trusted, but you can see the contradiction).
Lassr wrote: it seems like he was ignoring some of the stuff I was saying about Newcastle. Maybe he just thinks my reasoning was just a load of crap...

I didn't ignore what you said about Newcastle. In the above quote, you call it reasoning, but by your very own words (editing mine):
Lassr wrote:You summed it up but my gut feeling out weighs everything else...

I have learned not to ignore my gut feeling. I have in the past and I shouldn't have. Could it be wrong this time, of course it could be, I am not psychic, but right now I have no reason to think it is...

If I am wrong then I will go back to questioning my gut and be a little more timid in the next games. I have been right a lot here lately and it emboldens me to be aggressive...

So my house of cards will continue to stand if you are a wolf or it will come crashing down around me if I am wrong. But, it's just a game so let's have fun.

Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead! :D

While I can appreciate you being willing to follow your gut, it's disingenuous to say that I am ignoring your reasoning.

The most compelling reason you give for suspecting Newcastle is that he is confused about evil's powers, yet, you don't consider confusion as a valid reason for suspicion when it comes to yourself.

I can understand that you (as wolf or villager) would move me up your threat list, but to say it's because I started attacking you yesterday and that I'm ignoring your reasoning is a manipulation of the truth.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Lassr wrote:Any other trains we want to start today? We need to get this going.

I believe we are at:
bb2112 wrote:Day 3 Vote:

1. Moliere --------------------> Newcastle
2. Qantaga -------------------> Lassr
3. Newcastle ----------------> Lassr, Newcastle, Lassr
4. Chaosraven ---------------> Newcastle, Scoop
5. Lassr -----------------------> Newcastle
6. El Guapo ------------------> Lassr
7. Redrun -------------------->
8. Tru1cy ---------------------> Lagom Lite
9. Scoop20906 ---------------> Moliere, Newcastle
10. Lagom Lite -------------->

3 Votes - Newcastle ----------> Moliere, Scoop90120, Lassr
2 Votes - Lassr ----------------> Qantaga, Newcastle, El Guapo
1 Vote - Lagom Lite ----------> Tru1cy
1 Vote - Scoop -----------------> Chaos

No Votes - Redrun, Lagom Lite

We need redrun, Lagom, tru1cy, and Chaos to decide if they are going to join the Newcastle or Lassr votes. If they are not, we're all going to have to decide if we're willing to join the Lagom or Scoop votes or if we need to move in a different direction.

We sure do love our deadlines.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Qantaga wrote:Eight hours until deadline.

Time zone, time change, and unadjusted clock got me.

Six hours until deadline.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I should also add that while we don't (I think) lose if we miss the deadline, we would lose the Han block. Which probably will miss Boba anyways, but it's a shot at least.
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Qantaga wrote:
I can understand that you (as wolf or villager) would move me up your threat list, but to say it's because I started attacking you yesterday and that I'm ignoring your reasoning is a manipulation of the truth.
In my eyes though it is very suspicious because I know my role as a good guy. Just because you moved up on my list does not mean that everyone should move you up though because they do not have my viewpoint. Remember that list was the way I am seeing things; my perspective. SO to me, you going after me does not look good on you from my point of view.

If El Guapo wasn't a known he would have moved up my list also for his vote but we know he is Han and we also know Han sometimes does not make the wisest choices...

What really confuses me is Chaosraven, he obviously picked up on Newcastle's over acting and he says "Newcastle is playing us" but then he votes Scoop because he doesn't want Scoop who has been taunting us with imperialism to win that way. Doesn't feel like an Imperial move yet but WTF...

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Qantaga wrote:
Qantaga wrote:Eight hours until deadline.

Time zone, time change, and unadjusted clock got me.

Six hours until deadline.
and I will be at an AYSO Volunteers Dinner when the clock strikes midnight...or 9 EDT to be literal. So I cannot change my vote at 7EDT and I really do not want to change my vote anyhow.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Not really sure what the backup plan is if the deadline gets closer and there's no movement.

(1) The competing Lassr / Newcastle trains could move votes from one to the other. Newcastle's probably doable before the deadline. My guess is that he's probably a miss, but I could be wrong - he's a plausible candidate at least.

(2) People from both could move to a third target - Moliere, Lagom, or Chaosraven. Not sure which one I'd pick...probably Moliere? The lurking but still active routine seems suspicious to me.

Of course, a missed deadline is preferable to a straight miss (which would end the game), but we lose my block for sure and I don't think we get much increased certainty tomorrow (the wolves kill me, so we don't even have a suspect removed).
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Newcastle wrote:I really, really want people to think this question through.

Why would you leave your vote on a recently outted special if you have the chance to withdraw it? Dont you remove it out of an abundance of caution?

Seriously, think that through.

viewtopic.php?p=2044255#p2044255" target="_blank
El Guapo wrote:
RMC wrote:I'll go to El Guapo over Chaosraven. But let's give everyone a final say, and make sure everyone is in agreement.

I have a feeling on El Guapo... :)
Please don't kill me.

LET ME REPHRASE THIS QUESTION SINCE NO ONE IS ADDRESSING IT

If Han Solo comes out, why do you not remove your vote?

Why did Lassr not remove his vote from Han Solo?
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle wrote:

Why would you leave your vote on a recently outted special if you have the chance to withdraw it? Dont you remove it out of an abundance of caution?

El Guapo wrote:
RMC wrote:I'll go to El Guapo over Chaosraven. But let's give everyone a final say, and make sure everyone is in agreement.

Please don't kill me.
because I did not have the chance before Remus was lynched.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

LIAR!
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lassr wrote:
Newcastle wrote:

El Guapo wrote:

Please don't kill me.

<screwed up the placement above>

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lassr wrote:
Newcastle wrote:

El Guapo wrote:

Please don't kill me.

BOld and underlined are lassr's response to me.
Bayraktar!!!!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

This is getting intense.
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

El Guapo wrote:

Please don't kill me.

Time stamp: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:38 am

(times pacific)

Lassr wrote:One thing to consider, we do not need to be voting anyone off today just because they are quiet. We need to hit a imperial so Garm can get a scan. SO if you think they are quiet and imperial then fine but don't do it today just because they are quiet.
viewtopic.php?p=2044298#p2044298" target="_blank

TIME STAMPT: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:27 am

(times pacific)
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Wow, look at you.

Here is El Guapo's reveal.

viewtopic.php?p=2044481#p2044481

Now from there check out when my next post is time stamped. After Remus is lynched.

You post is NOT when El Guapo revealed. He just said Please don't lynch me. Did we know if he was serious or not at that point. I did not. Now you knew he was probably serious because you are on team evil...

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

3 people (at least) caught that "please dont kill me" - vorret, Scoop & I nd we each commented in our own way. So it could not have been "unknown" in team evils forum. IT was out there.
Bayraktar!!!!

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Newcastle 

Seems to be the better bet between the vote leaders.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Hello Lagom.
Bayraktar!!!!

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

El Guapo wrote:This is getting intense.
El Guapo wrote:It will be amusing if it turns out that both Newcastle and Lassr are villagers.

I'm starting to wonder if you might be onto something. This is reminding me of theohall's epic engagements that usually turn out to be between two innocents.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle wrote:3 people (at least) caught that "please dont kill me" - vorret, Scoop & I nd we each commented in our own way. So it could not have been "unknown" in team evils forum. IT was out there.
still had no reason to think he was serious at that time and not just joking with us. I saw no need to rush to remove my vote until he said something more informative. I also did not think there would be a rush to lynch him wither after that. I did not foresee the sudden Remus push and lynch hours before the deadline either. I got back online before the deadline but too late...

nice try though.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Qantaga wrote:
El Guapo wrote:This is getting intense.

I'm starting to wonder if you might be onto something. This is reminding me of theohall's epic engagements that usually turn out to be between two innocents.

FWIW I do remember the last Star Wars WW game I was in, where I as Jabba (when the empire was the "village") pegged Newcastle with my Jabba-scan and announced that when I got my scan results. I recall Newcastle went down swinging hard then. So it's possible that this is that again.
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

but why even test that? why not give him space to breathe? even out of an abundance of caution? even a hint of our last special. Good lassr would have acted better than simply leave the vote down there and hope it rides out.
Bayraktar!!!!