NBA2K14

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Rip

NBA2K14

Post by Rip »

I thought I would have to wait for the PC version but steam has it already.

Trying to decide if I have enough time this weekend to get into it.

https://store.2k.com/Product.aspx?pSKU= ... 25-41296-7
Octavious

Re: NBA2K14

Post by Octavious »

Considering their track record on PC support I'm taking a pass on this one.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Rip

Post by Rip »

Just realized it is supposed to be 50% of all 2K games this weekend.

I want 50% off 2K14 you damn crooks!
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

If you have 2k13 no sense in buying 2k14. I play primarily in my career mode and while its fun, and the D is improved there are some problems i think with it. First slow animations that seem to slow your guy down (youre running back down the court and you just seem to slow down). Also the game seems to auto swivel you in a certain direction causing you to slow down. Rebounding is still a problem in terms of the AI/CPU seem to fly through and grab things.

If you want the updated rosters sure i can see it. I managed to get mine for 25 bucks, and its barely worth that. Really no major additions to the game. But its also the only basketball game for the PC so kind of stuck.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Newcastle wrote:If you have 2k13 no sense in buying 2k14. I play primarily in my career mode and while its fun, and the D is improved there are some problems i think with it. First slow animations that seem to slow your guy down (youre running back down the court and you just seem to slow down). Also the game seems to auto swivel you in a certain direction causing you to slow down. Rebounding is still a problem in terms of the AI/CPU seem to fly through and grab things.

If you want the updated rosters sure i can see it. I managed to get mine for 25 bucks, and its barely worth that. Really no major additions to the game. But its also the only basketball game for the PC so kind of stuck.
Right stick passing?

I wonder if the swivel issue could be solved with camera adjustments? I hate the standard camera setup. I am pretty sure I will get it, I have for every version since 2K9 or before. Hoping they didn't do the standard nerf/hosing of Pacer ratings. Way too many big name fanbois making decisions on default rosters.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Rip wrote:
Newcastle wrote:If you have 2k13 no sense in buying 2k14. I play primarily in my career mode and while its fun, and the D is improved there are some problems i think with it. First slow animations that seem to slow your guy down (youre running back down the court and you just seem to slow down). Also the game seems to auto swivel you in a certain direction causing you to slow down. Rebounding is still a problem in terms of the AI/CPU seem to fly through and grab things.

Right stick passing?

I wonder if the swivel issue could be solved with camera adjustments? I hate the standard camera setup. I am pretty sure I will get it, I have for every version since 2K9 or before. Hoping they didn't do the standard nerf/hosing of Pacer ratings. Way too many big name fanbois making decisions on default rosters.
I play w/ Turbo. So my D end is closer to the user, and the offense end is at the far end of the court. I just like that view the best. Might be that, but i fiddled w/ the views adn thats the most comfortable one for me.

Right stick passing is ok. I think that was in the last one. Shots can now be controlled by the right stick. This is also based on about 10 hours of play since Tues. eve and exclusively my player (i made a 7ft center whos now w/ the Thunder).

D is harder and the right stick hadns in air has been nerfed as well as left trigger stick on man. So playing D is a bit tougher as well.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Broke down and bought it.

If I play half as much as last version I will easily get my money's worth.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I presume they fixed the 2K13 launch error at some point?

I'm frustrated with them for never fixing the major MLB2K12 launch error that made it impossible for my wife, who was enjoying the game, to play. Initially there was some fan workaround, but it wound up being far too much trouble. I think there were a lot of random crashes, as well.

Then they didn't even release MLB2K13 for the PC, not that that's any great loss from the console reviews.

I'm pretty frustrated with the points earning system for NBA career player development being exploitable by paying real money or letting the AI play itself (not sure if that was achievable on the PC, though). I felt like I was playing a free to play mobile game at times.

The gameplay itself felt great, though. :cry:

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Rip

Post by Rip »

I use the Dynamic Broadcast Cam.

Annoyed that they got rid of Create a Legend. I wanted to play a Victor Oladipo career. :evil:
Rip

Post by Rip »

More frustrating stuff.

They try to lock you into All-star and above difficulty.

I have cheatengine and the knowledge to use it however, so bite me 2K!

Obviously it is an attempt to remove things people cheese so they can make getting crap online easier. :grund:
malichai11

Post by malichai11 »

I won't buy this for the PC after they abandoned support for 2k13 and didn't patch it fully. Bastards. I'll wait until it hits the bargain bin for the PS4 and pick it up then.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Must watch video that ells you why NBA2K14 Next Gen is the shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01trxChJzIY

:lol: :lol:

Change your life!
Frost

Post by Frost »

Rip wrote:More frustrating stuff.

Obviously it is an attempt to remove things people cheese so they can make getting crap online easier. :grund:
So how were you able to lower the difficulty from all-star using cheat engine? I can't figure out what I should scan for first.

*EDIT*

Nevermind. I done found myself the solution.
Some MoFo's are always trying to ice skate uphill - Blade
Rip

Post by Rip »

Frost wrote:
Rip wrote:More frustrating stuff.

So how were you able to lower the difficulty from all-star using cheat engine? I can't figure out what I should scan for first.

*EDIT*

Nevermind. I done found myself the solution.
I have a cheatengine table I downloaded.

I also made some MyCareer files that use existing players that you can play MyCareer with. Have one where I am Paul George and another as Victor Oladipo. The only PIA of it is you have to go into edit MyPlayer and change your name before you load each one up to make your name show up right. I've had a lot of fun with them though.

It really pissed me off that they removed create a legend for no good reason, so it feels good to hack it and end up with a better version of create a legend than the original.

I love the game but I have much contempt for 2K these days as they have decided making the series a micro-transaction money grab is far more important than it being a good game.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Saw this on Dubious Quality: Killing the NBA in 2K14. It is amazing.

The premise is simple:
I created 80 players designed as pitifully as NBA 2K14 would allow: 5'3, 145 pounds, and awful at every basketball skill: shooting, passing, rebounding, defense, awareness, everything.

I put all these players in a "draft class" file. This is the file from which the game pulls all its potential NBA Draft selections in its franchise mode. Each team will have nothing but horrible players to choose from.
Then he simmed multiple seasons, and with each passing season, the league gradually filled up with these nightmare players. I won't spoil anything, except to say: poor Nerlens Noel.

Highly recommended as your Friday timewaster.