Eco-Logic has been banned

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Eco-Logic has been banned

Post by ImLawBoy »

We have elected to ban Eco-Logic from our forums effective immediately. Those of you who only know him from outside of the R&P forum may be surprised by this, but if you've read his posts lately in R&P, you probably saw it coming. When he was creating his own vitriol fueled threads, his effect was rather limited, so he was permitted to stay. He started straying into other threads, however, and becoming a major distraction. He was given a warning that he would be banned if he did not tone things down and start showing respect to other users. Today's posting showed that he clearly did not care, so I banned him.

This post should not be used to disparage Eco-Logic - let's not speak ill of the banned. Rather, it is for information purposes and questions about our policies and decision.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Holman

Re: Eco-Logic has been banned

Post by Holman »

He was literally asking for it, so I suppose everyone is happy.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Holman wrote:He was literally asking for it, so I suppose everyone is happy.
Yup, this.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

The whole thing is weird. It's like a switch went off and he went insane. Shrug...
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Octavious wrote:The whole thing is weird. It's like a switch went off and he went insane. Shrug...
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

ImLawBoy wrote:let's not speak ill of the banned
?!

Anyone want to say a few words in this difficult time?

EcoLogic was a good gamer, and a good man. He was...He was one of us. He was a man who loved the outdoors, and gaming, and as a surfer explored the beaches of southern California from Lahoya to Leo Carrillo. And up to Pismo. He was banned -- he was banned, as so many young men of his generation, before his time. In your wisdom Lord Cthulu you took him. As you took so many bright flowering young men, like Samurai, Napoleon, Kratz, and others at the costly Battle of Fucktard Ridge and the angry, infamous "The Movies" fallout arguments. These young men gave their lives. And so did EcoLogic. EcoLogic, who loved gaming. And so, Eco -- Lo -- Gic, in accordance with what we think your dying wishes might well have been, we commit your final virtual remains to the bosom of the Internets, which you loved so well. Goodnight, sweet prince.
Last edited by Carpet_pissr on Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Carpet_pissr wrote:
Octavious wrote:The whole thing is weird. It's like a switch went off and he went insane. Shrug...
:lol:
geezer

Post by geezer »

Carpet_pissr wrote:
?!

EcoLogic was a good gamer, and a good man. He was...He was one of us. He was a man who loved the outdoors, and gaming, and as a surfer explored the beaches of southern California from Lahoya to Leo Carrillo. And up to Pismo. He was banned -- he was banned, as so many young men of his generation, before his time. In your wisdom Lord Cthulu you took him. As you took so many bright flowering young men, like Samurai, Napoleon, Kratz, and others at the costly Battle of Fucktard Ridge and the angry, infamous "The Movies" fallout arguments. These young men gave their lives. And so did EcoLogic. EcoLogic, who loved gaming. And so, Eco -- Lo -- Gic, in accordance with what we think your dying wishes might well have been, we commit your final virtual remains to the bosom of the Internets, which you loved so well. Goodnight, sweet prince.
Hopefully he is cavorting up there in heaven with U2K and a passel of pizza-eating duckies.
Fireball

Post by Fireball »

I'm bummed that this happened in a thread I started. I don't like seeing anyone get banned.
Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:17 am
Zarathud: The sad thing is that Barak Obama is a very intelligent and articulate person, even when you disagree with his views it's clear that he's very thoughtful. I would have loved to see Obama in a real debate.
Me: Wait 12 years, when he runs for president. :-)
Rip

Post by Rip »

Fireball1244 wrote:I'm bummed that this happened in a thread I started. I don't like seeing anyone get banned.
No one does, we gave him an immense length of rope and he managed to hogtie himself before he hanged himself.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Fireball1244 wrote:I'm bummed that this happened in a thread I started. I don't like seeing anyone get banned.
FWIW, only the last couple of straws occurred there. There was a long trail leading to them.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Not to mention overal the thread has been a lot more civil than I would have expected considering the topic. Nothing easy about discussing something that pretty much effects us all and many dearly.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Well...time to reset the "Days since OO Banned Someone" counter to zero. These things happen, and from what I gather you have him more consideration to course-correct than most.

Godspeed lil' buddy. Godspeed.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Awfully suspicious that he kept asking to be banned, no? Who does that? An ALT?! :shock: :animals-chickencatch: :D

Based on the way he was posting, obviously a case of forum suicide.
Last edited by Carpet_pissr on Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

If it makes you feel any better, it really didn't happen in your thread. It was a long time coming. He had asked to be banned so many times before this (not just figuratively, literally), that I'm surprised he was given so many chances.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Smoove_B wrote:Well...time to reset the "Days since OO Banned Someone" counter to zero. These things happen, and from what I gather you have him more consideration to course-correct than most.

Godspeed lil' buddy. Godspeed.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I don't think any of the mods like seeing people banned either. But he brought it on himself, pretty willfully I might add. It wasn't the thread or the subject matter.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

What the hell, man? You want to get banned, too? Besides, Michigan beat them year before last, so that picture is way outdated.

Bonus: Apparently they only get worked up when other people call them Ohio.
Rip

Post by Rip »

ImLawBoy wrote:What the hell, man? You want to get banned, too? Besides, Michigan beat them year before last, so that picture is way outdated.

Bonus: Apparently they only get worked up when other people call them Ohio.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There is one.

That is my bait to get a list of Michigan fans. :twisted:

The point was that all days since counters get reset. Even one where a team SO dominates the other over and over and over. Like "The Ohio State" does to Michican't.

I am thinking that number may be accurate again by the time we next find ourselves forced to ban someone. :P
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I thought hepcat created the Eco-Logic alt in order to set up his jokes. A forum version of this:

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Moliere wrote:I thought hepcat created the Eco-Logic alt in order to set up his jokes. A forum version of this:

Yes, but who was the puppet and who was the puppet master...
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I sometimes get lost and stray into R&P so no I don't really know what happened. I ll go look and see.

I feel bad because he was the only OO'r local to me.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

Carpet_pissr wrote:
?!

God dammit, Walter! And what was that shit About Napoleon? What the fuck does anything have to do with Napoleon?
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Whats done is done, but there any thought given about a temporary suspension?
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Rip

Post by Rip »

tru1cy wrote:Whats done is done, but there any thought given about a temporary suspension?
Yes.
Fireball

Post by Fireball »

I do wish there was some other step other than banning him that could be taken. I know that he was yelling out to be banned in his most recent posts, and I really don't understand why. It's very sad. As someone who has not always been an exemplary member of the community, I appreciate the leniency this board tends to show. I wish that Eco had chosen to remain among us.

Accidental editing by ImLawBoy, but I've restored the original text.
Last edited by ImLawBoy on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:17 am
Zarathud: The sad thing is that Barak Obama is a very intelligent and articulate person, even when you disagree with his views it's clear that he's very thoughtful. I would have loved to see Obama in a real debate.
Me: Wait 12 years, when he runs for president. :-)
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

It's so weird , everyone is so civil in here and when I started reading his posts I had to make sure I didn't venture in the wrong forum by mistake.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I couldn't find any posts to see what was going on. Seems the search function doesn't show names.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

$iljanus wrote:
Moliere wrote:I thought hepcat created the Eco-Logic alt in order to set up his jokes.
Neither.

Mind...blown.
He won. Period.
Rip

Post by Rip »

hepcat wrote:
$iljanus wrote:
Moliere wrote:I thought hepcat created the Eco-Logic alt in order to set up his jokes.
Neither.

Mind...blown.
BOTH!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

hey, at least I'm not MSDuncan, who created the RIP account and uses it daily!
He won. Period.
Rip

Post by Rip »

hepcat wrote:hey, at least I'm not MSDuncan, who created the RIP account and uses it daily!
:violence-xloc:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

:violin:

<no relevance, just always wanted to use that one>
He won. Period.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Fireball1244 wrote:I do wish there was some other step other than banning him that could be taken. I know that he was yelling out to be banned in his most recent posts, and I really don't understand why.
For what it's worth, you guys at OO inherited Eco when he had already gained this particular... 'momentum' over at Gaming Trend. He was getting more and more hostile and lashy-outy than was normal even for him, and he got himself banned from the R&P subforum there. He immediately came over here full of piss and vinegar distilled from piss.
Rip

Post by Rip »

wonderpug wrote:
Fireball1244 wrote:I do wish there was some other step other than banning him that could be taken. I know that he was yelling out to be banned in his most recent posts, and I really don't understand why.
For what it's worth, you guys at OO inherited Eco when he had already gained this particular... 'momentum' over at Gaming Trend. He was getting more and more hostile and lashy-outy than was normal even for him, and he got himself banned from the R&P subforum there. He immediately came over here full of piss and vinegar distilled from piss.
Awesome. For a while I thought it was OUR fault. Now that I KNOW it was GT's fault I can sleep with a clear conscience. :teasing-wedgie:
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Fireball1244 wrote:I do wish there was some other step other than banning him that could be taken. I know that he was yelling out to be banned in his most recent posts, and I really don't understand why. It's very sad. As someone who has not always been an exemplary member of the community, I appreciate the leniency this board tends to show. I wish that Eco had chosen to remain among us.
I think you're a good example of why we do tend to show so much leniency. Even though in the past you pushed some boundaries, you made a legit effort get more in line with the tone of the forums, and it's worked.

For those wondering why we didn't consider a temp ban (which we've done in the past for some people), there were really two factors driving against it in my mind. First, Eco never showed any sense that he was ashamed or embarrassed by his posts, and gave no indication that he was willing to modify his style. Had he acknolwedged that he knew he was in the wrong and was trying to work on it, we might have "helped" him by giving him a couple of weeks to ponder his change. Second, he was given a very clear and explicit warning about his behavior and the consequences of it. He seemed to give himself a break from the forums of about a week, but then he came back in with guns a blazin'. If he made no effort to change during this period, we did not think it would be likely that a forced vacation would lead to better results.
Last edited by ImLawBoy on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

ImLawBoy wrote: I do wish there was some other step other than banning him that could be taken. I know that he was yelling out to be banned in his most recent posts, and I really don't understand why. It's very sad.
You shouldn't second guess your decision in any way. He literally asked to be banned. Repeatedly. The reason for his inability to interact with others in ANY manner that wasn't vulgar and insulting at every turn is irrelevant. While I found him amusing, one shouldn't forget that I'm also a moron and will gleefully giggle for hours on end at videos of guys accidentally getting hit in the groin by their children.
He won. Period.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

hepcat wrote:
ImLawBoy wrote: I do wish there was some other step other than banning him that could be taken. I know that he was yelling out to be banned in his most recent posts, and I really don't understand why. It's very sad.
You shouldn't second guess your decision in any way. He literally asked to be banned. Repeatedly. The reason for his inability to interact with others in ANY manner that wasn't vulgar and insulting at every turn is irrelevant. While I found him amusing, one shouldn't forget that I'm also a moron and will gleefully giggle for hours on end at videos of guys accidentally getting hit in the groin by their children.
Yeah, that was actually FB's quote, and I messed up my quoting by hitting the edit button. I'm not second guessing our decision.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Carpet_pissr wrote:Awfully suspicious that he kept asking to be banned, no? Who does that? An ALT?! :shock: :animals-chickencatch: :D

Based on the way he was posting, obviously a case of forum suicide.
It was the oddest thing if you look at it. Dude quoted his own post and piled on another helping of invective and "BANZ0RZ M3EEE!!!"
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."