Battle of the Presidents

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Re: Battle of the Presidents

Post by Remus West »

Moliere wrote:
triggercut wrote:I do think the Bill Clinton anytime convert power is too overpowered, but it was an interesting and fun set of rules nonetheless.
The conversion anytime is what made the game most interesting to watch. It makes you second guess every action. I tried to balance out the sides: conversion vs instant kill, rez vs. kamikaze. The Democrats got an extremely lucky first night kill because they unknowingly took out Lincoln.
Too many provable roles. Lincoln could not be faked. Teddy could not be faked. The only shot the Dems had was to get extremely lucky and kill Lincoln early on as he represented 2 provens due to his ability. Public proof of allegiance without death is the most powerful aspect of any ability imo.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Remus West wrote:Too many provable roles. Lincoln could not be faked. Teddy could not be faked. The only shot the Dems had was to get extremely lucky and kill Lincoln early on as he represented 2 provens due to his ability. Public proof of allegiance without death is the most powerful aspect of any ability imo.
Any of those people could be converted (except Teddy) after they were "proven".
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Exactly... the amount of uncertainty was palpating, you couldn't trust anyone even proven.

So, should I have saved RMC or not? What's the general opinion on that?
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Vorret wrote:So, should I have saved RMC or not? What's the general opinion on that?
I was surprised you waited. Knowing RMC was innocent (assuming no conversions) and Chaosraven was guilty would have caused me to go public at that point in the game.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Vorret wrote:Exactly... the amount of uncertainty was palpating, you couldn't trust anyone even proven.

So, should I have saved RMC or not? What's the general opinion on that?
Yes. Coming out the following day meant that you came out with the exact same amount of information and could have been the difference between getting Clinton shot before he converted or not (it would not have mattered as the conversion had been used long before then but the possibility existed).

As for the provens being converted. If Reagan comes forward with three Rep scans, Lincoln rezes someone, and Teddy shoots someone that gives you a block of 7 in which there is at most a single bad guy. You lynch everyone else before you even worry about the allegiance of those 7. With 14 or fewer players 7 is a lock. Particularly given that Teddy protects Reagan - likely getting himself killed to do so - and thus Reagan gets to add another scan so even after Teddy dies the block is at 7. After everyone else is gone you worry about if the game ended or not.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Makes sense, I was in the bathroom refreshing the page on my tablet, wondering if it was the right move or not and decided to go to bed and see what was up in the morning, sadly, it was too late for RMC at that point.

In hindsight it was a bad move but had I scanned another Dem instead of Theo, it would have been a winner move.
Isgrimnur wrote:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

So.... who was Clinton and who was the convert?
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

El Guapo wrote:So.... who was Clinton and who was the convert?
I was not Clinton.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I did not have sexual relations with Chaos.

Now Remus on the other hand. (Hubba Hubba).
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

How theohall, how did you guess that BB2112 was the night's protection? I was sure you were Teddy and it turned out to be Triggercut.

Really funny.

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

So odd, I never once suspected you Scoop, I put your name in there once to try and divert attention from RMC and that's it.
Isgrimnur wrote:
RMC

Post by RMC »

Hell... Scoop called me "Cagey" and yet no one wanted to lynch him????
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

RMC wrote:Hell... Scoop called me "Cagey" and yet no one wanted to lynch him????
I did! :twisted:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Vorret wrote:So odd, I never once suspected you Scoop, I put your name in there once to try and divert attention from RMC and that's it.
My greatest performance is YEARS ends in a draw!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Yep, I was Lincoln and could not resurrect myself no matter how much ya'll talked abut it.

I picked up on Remus being converted and told Moliere that was my guess (of course it helped that I knew Scoop and Chaos were dems at that time). I thought scoop was over acting the first day and thus my vote but being the first day I was not sure about anything and then I was killed before ever being able to get into the game.

I thought the theme was great and would be willing to play it again but I do think we may need a break or a smaller game with the ones we know can play.

But more seriously, Qantaga last posted on OO in this thread back on Dec 20th about getting caught up and providing some feedback and then...nothing.

Qantaga, Qantaga, Qantaga. Where are you?
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

I knew Scoop was evil, and messaged him once he called me Cagey. I had thought he was the most evil out of everyone, so it was one of those things, but I hoped once I was lynched and came back good, that people would look at whom it was that pushed me over the edge... But then Chaos, and well oh well.....

I am more than willing to play, and I liked the concept. It seems like we get a good game every other. I think this theme was fun. And heck, we didn't out any of our specials. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I wanted to use my resurrection power ASAP because I thought I might be a night target but I would not resurrect Newcastle because he wanted out of the game so I had planned on reviving the night kill or possibly our next day lynch if needed but alas I was the night kill...
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Scoop20906 wrote:I did not have sexual relations with Chaos.

Remus and Scoop were EVIL? Who would have thought?

Thanks for running Moiere. I know I was not a huge fan of the theme. Sorry, that is my brain damage with politics even though I do vote in every election, I just hate talking about it. You ran a good game and I really did try to give it my all.

Trig, thanks for protecting me, that was a great move. Although, I do have question, why didn't you protect Theo on the night he died?
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote:I wanted to use my resurrection power ASAP because I thought I might be a night target but I would not resurrect Newcastle because he wanted out of the game so I had planned on reviving the night kill or possibly our next day lynch if needed but alas I was the night kill...
Yeah, unfortunately that became obvious you were Lincoln after Vorret outed himself and Lincoln didn't come forward. I guess Q could have been Lincoln, but I would have to assume he would have taken a more active posture during the game if he was a special. Good hit by team evil on night one.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:

Thanks for running Moiere. I know I was not a huge fan of the theme. Sorry, that is my brain damage with politics even though I do vote in every election, I just hate talking about it. You ran a good game and I really did try to give it my all.

Trig, thanks for protecting me, that was a great move. Although, I do have question, why didn't you protect Theo on the night he died?
I assume trig did not protect theohall that night due to protecting him the previous night. Why he would have done that is beyond me but it is the only reason I can think to not protect the one living guy the Seer told you was good.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:

I was not Evil until midway through going after you. In reality what I was doing that day was getting ready to ask that I be the lynch to give our Seer more time. Then I logged on to make the offer and found I had been converted. Sigh.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Remus West wrote:
bb2112 wrote:

I assume trig did not protect theohall that night due to protecting him the previous night. Why he would have done that is beyond me but it is the only reason I can think to not protect the one living guy the Seer told you was good.
Honestly, I probably overthought it. I figured the Democrats were incredibly close to be able to slide a win in, and figured they'd not risk taking out someone who was playing--and who might be protected. I figured "If I was a Democrat and just wanted this game to end with a win, I'd bump off Qantaga and tru1cy and call it a day."

So, I threw a "screw you" hail mary and protected Q just to see what would happen.

Didn't work.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."