[Mobile] Real Racing 3, annoying as heck, but fun

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Kasey Chang

Re: [Mobile] Real Racing 3, annoying as heck, but fun

Post by Kasey Chang »

Driver level 91.8 (or so). 48% Vanguard Challenge. I'm down to 3000 R$ and 94 gold, spent it on the Vantage S V12, upgrades, and some misc stuff (like upgrading the Lambo Aventador).

Completion thus far...

61% Aston Martin Expedition, going for 75%. (Can't do 100% as I don't play to buy the Vanquish)

48% Vanguard Challenge, may stop at 50% as I don't really want to play long enough to buy the 1.25 mil uberexotics like the F1 and the Zonda.

77% East/West throwdown, probably the end unless I get bored or need some races to make extra money.

Next goal is to win enough races to unlock the ultralights, i.e. "open sky challenge". (only 6 more wins needed). Then finish that series to 75% or so. That'll probably take a week or two due to depletion of reserves. :) Need to find a better "money race", i.e. reliable money winner I can quadruple the winnings by stacking the daily double and the manager double.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

FYI, 50% completion bonus on Vanguard Challenge is 11000 R$ and 11 gold. It's the first race involving uberexotics, like MacLaren MP4-12 and f1, plus Lambo Aventador 700 and Pagani Zonda F.

The MP4-12 is 75% upgraded to PR rating of 58, which is... good, but not good enough for the very end of races. Right now I'm already seeing races requiring PR of 54 and 55, and I need to spend a lot on Lambo upgrade to meet that. May as well wait a little and see if I can ever afford the Zonda F or the F1.

Fixing up the Aston Martin Vantage S righ tnow. GOt 2 more races done, 4 more to unlock Open Sky challenge, expect to be short on oney. Series completion at 68 %, should reach 75% when I unlock Open Sky. These ultralights are pretty expensive though. 150K to 250K each. Some cost even more.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Bob2567 (4 rr3)

Post by Bob2567 (4 rr3) »

Kasey Chang wrote:FYI, 50% completion bonus on Vanguard Challenge is 11000 R$ and 11 gold. It's the first race involving uberexotics, like MacLaren MP4-12 and f1, plus Lambo Aventador 700 and Pagani Zonda F.

The MP4-12 is 75% upgraded to PR rating of 58, which is... good, but not good enough for the very end of races. Right now I'm already seeing races requiring PR of 54 and 55, and I need to spend a lot on Lambo upgrade to meet that. May as well wait a little and see if I can ever afford the Zonda F or the F1.

Fixing up the Aston Martin Vantage S righ tnow. GOt 2 more races done, 4 more to unlock Open Sky challenge, expect to be short on oney. Series completion at 68 %, should reach 75% when I unlock Open Sky. These ultralights are pretty expensive though. 150K to 250K each. Some cost even more.
Thanks for the info, I'm calculating around 60 gold by 100% completion.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I just realized I'm actually a pretty BAD driver that's overreliant on assists.

I was wondering if I was overreliant on the assists. There are three of them: assisted steering (hi-lo-off), assisted braking (hi-lo-off), and traction control (on-off). I typically drive with lo, lo, on. And I have no problem driving in races, but can never get even CLOSE on the time trials. So I decided to turn them off. ALL OFF. Then went back to basics, and started with the lowest of the low vehicles. The Silvia and the Veloster.

OUCH. My braking points are completely off. Basically I overspeed at just about every corner and the car either understeer (fly off the turn) or oversteer (I spun). It's gotten ridiculous enough that I wonder if I'm just being masochistic. I came in LAST place with the best car in the line up, and this is Road Car International", the 2nd series overall, like "beginner's play"!

I'll have to relearn the track completely from scratch! (And there's achievements on racing without assists, and WINNING without assists. )

This can be interesting. :)
Bob2567 (4 rr3)

Kasey Chang wrote:I just realized I'm actually a pretty BAD driver that's overreliant on assists.

I was wondering if I was overreliant on the assists. There are three of them: assisted steering (hi-lo-off), assisted braking (hi-lo-off), and traction control (on-off). I typically drive with lo, lo, on. And I have no problem driving in races, but can never get even CLOSE on the time trials. So I decided to turn them off. ALL OFF. Then went back to basics, and started with the lowest of the low vehicles. The Silvia and the Veloster.

OUCH. My braking points are completely off. Basically I overspeed at just about every corner and the car either understeer (fly off the turn) or oversteer (I spun). It's gotten ridiculous enough that I wonder if I'm just being masochistic. I came in LAST place with the best car in the line up, and this is Road Car International", the 2nd series overall, like "beginner's play"!

I'll have to relearn the track completely from scratch! (And there's achievements on racing without assists, and WINNING without assists. )

This can be interesting. :)
I also use low low on, but I find myself in the top 40-30% always when in time trials, I just start the turns from the opposite side of the track, then veer into the corner. I always go wide on long areas, as to gain as much speed as possible, and I will NEVER spin out, I always brake or go half off-road/half on the striped stuff (which does not affect your speed). Spinning out/losing traction is the worst thing that can happen to you.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I have no problem getting into top 30-40%, but I'm SECONDS slow than the fastest, and I'm trying to figure out WHERE I can gain speed, and after repeated experimentation I know I've reached my limits. I may be able to squeeze out 0.3 seconds here and there, by taking one of those super-long corners better, or long S-curves better, but not *that* much better. The only recourse I see was I was braking wrong, and without assists, I was braking WAY TOO LATE. My reliance on assists means I was braking IMPOSSIBLY late. :)

There are of course, a bunch of cheaters on the time trials. a BMW M6 was doing 50 second lap on Melbourne? Balderdash! :D
Bob2567 (4 rr3)

Kasey Chang wrote:I have no problem getting into top 30-40%, but I'm SECONDS slow than the fastest, and I'm trying to figure out WHERE I can gain speed, and after repeated experimentation I know I've reached my limits. I may be able to squeeze out 0.3 seconds here and there, by taking one of those super-long corners better, or long S-curves better, but not *that* much better. The only recourse I see was I was braking wrong, and without assists, I was braking WAY TOO LATE. My reliance on assists means I was braking IMPOSSIBLY late. :)

There are of course, a bunch of cheaters on the time trials. a BMW M6 was doing 50 second lap on Melbourne? Balderdash! :D
Ikr?! Also, the guys who are in 1st are always people who have spent thousands on the game, and do even the gold upgrades to their cars
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

Driver level 83 $4.4Mil and 754 Gold. 100% everything upto Supercar Masters (68%) V10 showdown (63%) Deutsch duell(68%) American Muscle (66%) Accolade Open (3%)...

Own every car up to (and including) the SRT10 ACR-X..

not spent a penny on the game.

Time trials very fun, but without spending gold on upgrades (I don't) never going to be at the top. Currently in Group D the 44 second Melbourne time HAS to be a cheat...
Bob2567 (4 rr3)

blahbot wrote:Driver level 83 $4.4Mil and 754 Gold. 100% everything upto Supercar Masters (68%) V10 showdown (63%) Deutsch duell(68%) American Muscle (66%) Accolade Open (3%)...

Own every car up to (and including) the SRT10 ACR-X..

not spent a penny on the game.

Time trials very fun, but without spending gold on upgrades (I don't) never going to be at the top. Currently in Group D the 44 second Melbourne time HAS to be a cheat...
Great job dude. I'm also an obsessive player, and I plan that if i do 100% of as many non gold car cups/tiers as possible then I can get agera r and both gold ferraris. Have currently got 520 gold, at euro supercar duel but am staying there until mostly completed previous events for xtra gold. Need 1136 gold for both gold ferraris and agera in the future, almost halfway there
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

Ah, just realised I lied, 68% on the Hyundai one off series...it costs a fortune to upgrade that thing!!!

yeah..I've got a feeling that all of that gold that I've got saved up is going to disappear very rapidly...wish I hadn't bought that shelby...the other gold cars (so far) let you win back a reasonable amount of the cost, meaning that they almost break even...the 427 is just a black hole of cash...
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

Yeah I'm fairly obsessive..I don't actually play for that much on a daily basis, obviously at least one race a day but often thats all I do..I also try and sprint through a series until I get the top car then go back to the first race that I don't have the gold cup in and try and do all of the races in sequence, I'm fairly stingy so I try and complete the series with as few upgrades as possible meaning that (as I'm not the best racer out there by a long chalk) I tend to do races over and over again until I get the gold trophy. This means that my driver level and therefore gold and cash are inflated as I do races time and time over.

Seems to be working for me at the moment though, I've not so far found that I have to deliberately hold off on completing series until I can afford the next car. With the exception of the Porsche bonus cup that as far as I can tell is just a vanity series.

I do genuinely enjoy the game though and do find myself going back and driving races/cars that I've moved past, simply because I enjoy driving them. Doesn't feel like grinding to me yet, I don't really understand all of the people out there complaining about not being able to get the next car etc. I play the game because I enjoy the racing, not because I want to collect as many cars as possible. If I wanted to collect things, I'd play Pokemon (I don't play Pokemon).

I do understand the frustration of not having the Gold to be able to get those top level cars, it does seem like an unclimbable mountain at the moment. That said, I can also understand why the developers have made them so expensive. There would be little incentive to keep playing the game if every time there was a new release, the cars were instantly available without thought. There has to be some challenge for those who have completed everything up to the new release.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

There's a supplemental series just below Vertex (next to V12 slam) that's specifically for the 427, I think, so you'll have some way of employing that vehicle. But I didn't buy that. I generally despite "gold only" vehicles and would bypass the series with them. I also despise the series with impossibly expensive vehicles, such as the BMW ALMS (850K) , and now, the MacLaren F1 and the Pagani Zonda F. (1.25 million each). When you only "win" a few thousand per race, they are obviously expecting you to BUY up some ingame currency. I have no problem giving them a few bucks here and there, (so far, I've paid them $20 in forms of 4 starter packs)
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

Good to know that i'll finally get some use out of the 427..my particular dislike are the Cups towards the end of some of the series with an entry PR that forces you to use Gold to upgrade, for example the Classic American Muscle (which I dislike for many other reasons as well, chief amongst them being that all the cars feel like driving tractors). The Muscle series definitely feels like a price that has to paid for access to later series, very out of place, it could work earlier in the game possibly.

I believe that it used to be possible to do an "Indy 500" type event during that series for an obscene amount of gold, they got rid of it however as it was a glitch exploit. I think that's a shame, it would have made the series worthwhile and it wouldn't really have cost them anything to leave it in I think...anyway, nearly finished the muscle series a couple of more days I would imagine.

As yet I don't mind the super expensive vehicles, I don't remember what is my most expensive car to date, probably the 918 Spyder concept, but I don't remember how much that cost either..what scares me is the price tag for some of the upgrades to these cars, they are going to hurt.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Level 92.9, 54 out of 88 cars, cash is at 173K and 106 gold.

Those time trial tournaments are yielding 30K to 35K each, but there's only one per week. Oh well!

Currently in holding pattern, going back to older races to raise my completion percentage, even though I don't need to. Current goal is to save up enough to buy the Ariel Atom 3.5 and some upgrades. Spent 100+K to add a few upgrades to my V12 Vantage S so that's delayed a bit, but still working on it.

Should have really turned WiFi off for these "money races", as there are some crazy drivers out there, and it may even have been a hacked car. 26.2 miles on endurance Indy speedway? WTF? I've done 24.0 once (out of hundreds of attempts). That just halved my winnings. Normally I can take home 60K to 70K on these "money races"... if I get 1st place. If I don't, the purse gets substantially smaller, and I spent that gold for almost nothing. WTF?!
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

Nice work...so what's your favorite car/race/track so far then..not the one that just gets you the most money..the one you enjoy driving the most?
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Favorite track? Hmmm... They all have good parts and not so good parts. There is one that I absolutely hate though... Melbourne. Too tight, impossible to pass. I think the most recent update also introduced a new AI behavior... They zig-zag before taking a low-speed corner to make sure you can't pass them easily. It used to be they take a straight line and you can often just cut inside them. However, this also introduced more chances to simply "punt" them and use them as mobile barriers.

Most *fun* to drive... Spa's good, generally high speed with a few (and only a few) semi-slow corners. Mt. Panorama has high speed sections, but a few medium speed sections. Indy's road course is not bad.

I am not too enamored of Silverstone (all variations), Dubai (too many switchbacks). I'm neutral on Laguna Seca, and Catalunya is... "too smooth", IMHO. Needs more banking and stuff.
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

Really Melboune? Wow, I know it's super annoying to get past everyone in a cup...but once I do and I've got the track to myself for a couple of laps I really enjoy it! All fiddly corners and shoot through chicanes..I can not get the hang of Spa though, it's really frustrating I want to love it it's one of the most fantastic, exciting circuits in the world but I just find myself either tiptoe-ing through the whole down hill section or else fighting the back end of which ever car I happen to be driving, I've not found a good line at all...I'm not a fan of Dubai either and Silverstone is neither here nor there but I love Hockenheimring, that's a fun track...and my favorite car upto now is probably the 911 GT3 RS such a fun car to drive.
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

I dislike Laguna Seca, mainly because of one corner..the one after the corkscrew...I can't find my line through there at all...really enjoy Mt. Panorama, especially when I get the line right in the top section and don't have to lift at all...and as yet I've not raced CAtalunya..although I'm really looking forward to it when I do get there, expecially as that's where the next GP wil be!
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

blahbot wrote:I can not get the hang of Spa though, it's really frustrating I want to love it it's one of the most fantastic, exciting circuits in the world but I just find myself either tiptoe-ing through the whole down hill section or else fighting the back end of which ever car I happen to be driving, I've not found a good line at all...
I personally use the appearance of the rumble strips as the signal that I should start braking, and maybe a little before that. And do NOT let go of the brakes in mid turn unless you are basically tapping them repeatedly. If you let go of the brakes and you start accelerating again the weight transfer to rear wheels will cause you to understeer and screw up your line.
I dislike Laguna Seca, mainly because of one corner..the one after the corkscrew...I can't find my line through there at all
The Rainey curve (named after Wayne Rainey, motorcycle racer) is tough. The trick is you have to EXIT the corkscrew correctly, so you're aiming at the left curb, 2 wheels off the track, and slow enough so when you do the left hand sweeper you don't squeel the tires. The line would depend on how many G's your car can pull.
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

And now Spa in the Audi R8 LMS Ultra is almost certainly one of my favorites.....I think I was put off by racing it in the R35 or the Carrera GT..both of which I dislike intensely..
cheers
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Driver level 94, 55 out of 88 cars, just passed on the X-Bow R. Even with 20% discount it's not that good of a car. If I have enough gold I'd buy the Ariel Atom V8 instead when I unlock that.

I keep screwing myself over the 'daily double', chance to really increase my bankroll. One evening, I was waiting for my cars to get repaired, when I must have gotten very bored when I said 'why not do a time trial', then when I hit race, I realized I haven't done my daily double yet. So I ended up with a pitilful 1000 payout, double to 2000. When I could have made about 65K. :grund:

Then the next day, the race I picked for my "money race" is the final race in the Aston Martin Challenge... 5 laps around Catalunya. I can usually beat everybody by lap 4 and lap 5 is clear sailing, when though my car is only 62% (19 out of 30) upgraded. So I made sure I hadmanager double, daily double, and started racing. And I did the first 3 corners okay, then spun out on the 4th. I recovered and continued, only to spin out 2 corners later. That's when I realized I had turned ALL driving aids off last night to chase after some achievements. I quickly turned them all back on, but it's too late. The leaders had pulled away and I barely managed 5th place, which is worth 30K after quadrupling, when it should have been closer to 85K had I won the race outright.

18% on open sky, passed on the X-Bow R as I said. I'm holding out for the Atom V8. The Ariel 3.5 is expensive to upgrade, with some upgrades costing 15-25 gold!

Tried to go a little further on East / West showdown, until the "requirements" stopped me. They want PR rating of 55 and 56, which means a fully upgraded GTR GT-1, when I only have maybe 60% of upgrades. And those upgrades are EXPENSIVE! Stopping at 83%.

Leaving Vanguard at 50% complete. I can't afford the F1 at over a million. Thus I can't even start the 12-cyl slam event. No car to play with.

Aston Martin expedition is completed to 93%, which is the maximum without buying the Vanquish and winning the 3 special events.
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

level 85, 43 cars, $4.7mil, 820 Gold.

78% Supercar masters, 78% V10 showdown, 90% Deutsch Duell, 92% Classic American (and I don't think I'm taking it any further..which really irritates me), 19% Accolade Open. 100%
everything else except the AWD Attack as the Hyundai is just so expensive to upgrade although I have taken it to a PR of 53.5.Current Money Race is Suzuka in round 21 of Supercar masters, with the Manager (when he's free) and daily double that nets me about 80k.

I also don't use any driving assists, only very occasionally on a time trial if it's a particularly slippery car will I use Traction control, I justify that to myself as these cars do actually have traction control. I've had all assists turned off since the second series, so I got my "What training wheels" achievement some time ago. I've never used the steering or braking assists so it wasn't that big of a deal. Very steep learning curve at the start though!!

I refuse to spend gold so I have none of the Paint a car, use a vinyl or adjust ride height achievements. I did give in and do the "Reverse of losing" and the "Rebel without a cause".

Only 4 trophies off the 918 RSR concept..so that will hopefully be either today or tomorrow, not sure how much time I'll have to play.

Regarding the Daily double, I keep missing it as well, although only since they added the update that meant you had to go online once a day..I work in the middle of nowhere and only have a limited amount of internet connection per day, if I miss my chance to connect, then I'm stuffed. I can understand why they did it though, or rather I can imagine that they did it to stop everybody cheating by moving their clock back and forward...bloody cheaters.
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

Do the Atom upgrades cost gold right from the start? Or can you upgrade it with plain old real $ to start with?
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

blahbot wrote:Do the Atom upgrades cost gold right from the start? Or can you upgrade it with plain old real $ to start with?
The 3.5 you can upgrade with R$ up to about 50%. I tend to upgrade everything equally, but with priority on drivetrain, tires, and suspension. I hit a gold-only upgrade for engine at 3 out of 8, I think.
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

Good to know about the atom, although as it's the first car in the series it shouldn't affect me too much...makes me slightly apprehensive about how expensive the other open wheelers wil be!!

Managed to smash out a good number of races last night, picked up the RSR an and the M3 ALMS,hit the "Between the Lines" achievement and unlocked the V10 Grand Open.

Currently standing on level 86, 45 cars, $4.4mil, and 722 Gold...the Lexus LFA doesn't look as though it's worth the 130 Gold price tag, but I guess I'll be picking it up with the 20% off to use later on....

Not finished any more series yet though, which isn't all that bad as I guess that means I'll be picking up about 45 Gold in the not too distant future...
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Supposedly you get the LFA for free if you finish the Vertex series. (I dunno, haven't gotten there)
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

That doesn't make sense in my mind, surely you have to complete a certain percentage of the LFA showcase in order to get to the next series..so why would they give one when you complete the Vertex, if you've already got one?
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

blahbot wrote:That doesn't make sense in my mind, surely you have to complete a certain percentage of the LFA showcase in order to get to the next series..so why would they give one when you complete the Vertex, if you've already got one?
That's what the other guy in the topic said. I haven't gotten there yet, as I don't keep my money around (I spend them on cars and upgrades), so I wouldn't know.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Driver level 95, 57 out of 88 cars. Only 26K R$ and 9 gold left.

Decided to splurge... I bought a "gold only" car... the Cobra 427. Yes, that one that's 40% off right now. 108 gold is a lot, but it's a lot less than 180 gold (its normal price), and I can use it to finish a series (and get about 16 gold back), plus do that special Cobra only series "legend continues" in a couple weeks when I get there.

Added the Caterham 7 620 R, and used the 20% one-time discount. And that's car 57.

The most efficient money race is still the Performance Rumble / Speedrush TV Australasian Open / Endurance @ Indy Speedway, with a fully upgraded Shelby GT500. You can make 15K on that race if you get first place (usually 22 miles should do it, doable if you can make it to lap 9), spend less than a thousand fixing up the car afterwards (net 14k), and do the race once per hour (8 minutes to race, 45 minutes repair time), and that's withOUT using the manager double or the daily double. You'll make a lot less if you encounter some very good drivers (who do 24 miles) or cheaters (who do 26 miles) 24 miles is doable, but VERY difficult, as I've done it with the Shelby.

If you plan to solely rely on an "easy race" with the daily quadruple to make lots of money, rather than lots of races then I recommend Aston Martin Expedition, final series "Cloudmusiq British Pride Championships" final race cup @ Catalynya. With a Vanquish V12 with 20 of 30 upgrades, you should dominate the field completely. I usually hit first place by lap 1 and just cruise to a finish if you don't completely screw up your driving. The AI drivers aren't very careful and I can probably squeeze into top ten within 3 turns. Then it's a matter of cutting corners until I get into first place. I usually make 20-21K per race, plus another 5K in safe driving. With daily quadruple that's 85K or so, in a single race. Not bad for 10 minutes. Do this for a week, plus some races with the Shelby, and you should have a million or two. :) Enough to afford even the most exotic of vehicles that cost regular R$ instead of gold. Repair time for the Vanquish though is almost 3 hours. That's why it's better to use Shelby if you're going to quantity.

I'll probably end the Open Sky series at 50%, and concentrate on making money to buy the MacLaren F1 or the Pagani Zonda for the Vertex series. It'll take me a VERY long time to accumulate enough gold to buy another gold-only car. I usually spend my gold on a few "must-have" upgrades.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Driver level 96, 32 gold and about 100k

The Caterham 7 is running into stiff competition at 47% completion, having only half of its upgrades. Without those gold only upgrades of man not even make to 50% complete.

Even that money race is getting tougher. I just finished one where I didn't take the lead until lap 4 of 5.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Those gold upgrades are expensive as HECK. We're looking 12 to 25 gold for EACH LEVEL of upgrade, and if R$ option is available it's like $50K for ONE upgrade. Wow.

I wonder if I should go back and finish the Hyundai WRC i20, but I know those final upgrades are gold only and I don't feel like spending ANY gold. It's stuck at 92%.

Same for the East / West, where the final 5-10 upgrades are all gold only.

When you earn only a few thousand per race, maybe 15K if you're very good, earning 1.25 mil to buy the MacLaren F1 is going to take a LONG time. I'm back up to 250K, but at this rate it'll be two weeks.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Just checked again. The 4wd Hyundai will cost us nearly 80 gold just to get that completion bonus. That's crazy.

I am upgrading the Caterham a little more but I don't have that much gold. That bonus 20 was already spent. And its uncertain of I can beat Ariel atom v8 with it.

I was thinking about upgrading the Mucielago but it seems to be better to save up 1.4 million to buy the Zonda f instead. At least that can be used in the next series.
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

Level 87, back up to $4.66mil, and 765 gold, still not finished off the Supercar Masters, V10 Showdown, Deutsch Duell (although above 85% for all of them now, pretty much just the time trials and the final round to do). Classic American isn't moving anywhere, over 50% on Accolade open 26% on V10 Grand...

I can't make the numbers add up on Gold only cars...having a bit of a dilemma with the Lexus. Even spending 'only' 108 Gold on the 427 means you're going to be about 50 Gold out of pocket after you complete the dedicated 427 series. As far as the Lexus goes, If I buy it at 104 Gold (@20% discount) I stand to make at best only 60-70 Gold back from it...So do I wait and hope it comes on offer before I get to the Lexus series and pick it up for 78 gold? Of course this assumes that it will come on offer or I'll get to the Lexus series and have to sit and wait for ever or shell out the full price......I'm leaning towards buying it at the 20% discount...

I don't see the point in fully upgrading the Hyundai either, spending 50 Gold to win 16 doesn't add up.

Why would you spend gold on the Caterham 7, can one not get to the Atom V8 without upgrading the Caterham with Gold? That's a bit sly of them...
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Driver level 97, 420K R$ and 27 gold.

Right now just grinding the races to make R$. Already paid for every upgrade I could without using any gold. Seems it's cheaper to buy the Bugatti Veyron which, with the current 40% off, is just under 1 million, making it cheaper than the MacLaren F1 or the Pagani Zonda F. I just wonder if I can make another 580K in time to take advantage of this special. :D Though I haven't unlocked the Zonda F yet, so it's same price at 1.25mil - 20% discount if I choose to win one more race.

The sucky part is the Zonda F can be used in two series (Vanguard and 12+ CYL Slam), but is car 2 out of 4 in the second series. Veyron can only be used in 12+ CYL Slam, but it's car 4 out of 4, generally means it's the ultimate car in that series. And it'll take me FOREVER to get 2 million and buy both. Seems it's probably better to get the Veyron and hold the Zonda F for later (it's car 4 of 4 in Vanguard Challenge).

I guess I really shouldn't have spent money on the Cobra 427 upgrade just yet, hmmm... I could have used that 200K or so now.
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

Sounds like you're making good progress,

Im still sloooowwwlllyyyy chugging along made a bit of progress yesterday level 88, 46 cars, $4.96mil, 800 Gold. realised I could get past 75% in the Hyundai series and finished off Deutsch duell for a bit of an unexpected gold boost, which is nice.

Think I'm going to hold off on buying the Lexus for a while/progressing in the v10 series, until I need it for the showcase, then if it shows up on discount I can pick it up for 40%. If it doesn't I'll just finish off one race and pick it up for 20% discount. Let's see how that plan works out...

Of course I'll then run into the Gold Merc., the gold Aston and the gold everything else, but I figure every little counts..
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

Just sat down with a calculator and worked out that assuming I buy all Gold cars (not including the Porches in the Legends of 911 series) at a 20% discount, I can already afford every Gold car in every series upto the Spirit of Ferrari series, the 599 is the first one I can't buy. ....which is kind of cool...of course this doesn't account for series that require me to spend gold to get to the PR required to finish them off, as I hear that the LFA series does at the very least..

I just need to earn another 2,920 to buy the others with a 20% discount...2.3 times as much as I've already earned...I forsee this taking a little time...

I don't know how many extra, bonus series there are between where I am and Spirit of Ferrari, but assuming 53 gold per series that means I should have at least 689 Gold by the time I get to Spirit, which means I'll be able to afford the 599 and the Zonda R when I get to it. I will STILL need to earn another 2360Gold before I can complete the game...which is just less than 787 more driver levels.... WOW.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

If you are willing to get spam-ed and spam-mailed, there are a few "offers" you can sign up under "FREE GOLD" to get up to 150 gold "free" if you do some offers online and off. Like "buy 3 disney movies", or "buy a GoDaddy domain", or fill out a lot of crap info and such.

But the upgrades are getting RIDICULOUS as they are costing like 32 gold for ONE upgrade.

I'm just grinding for regular R$ for the Veyron. I can make up a bit more money to buy the Zonda F if I can't get to the Veyron.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

F... me. I goofed up. I can't buy the darn Veyron cause I haven't unlocked it yet. And I accidentally raced and unlocked the Zonda so I lost the 20 percent off. Good thing is the price of Zonda is fixed at 1.3 mil and I am at 0.9 mil, another 4 days... but no Veyron for me.

Oh and driver level 98.
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

I don't seem to have a "Free Gold" button, at least, not one that I can find.

Got driver level 89, unlocked Prestige powermatch and bought the Bentley. $4.7mil, 840Gold. Finished offV10 showdown and only got two races to go in the Supercar masters. 77% on the accolade, 28% on V10 Grand Open, not taking the grand open any further as that means buying the Lexus and I have a sneaking suspicion it's going to turn up soon on offer....Bit disappointed that there are no bonus series' associated with Prestige.

Sucks about the Veyron, still, I've seen it on offer a few times and I'm sure it will be back.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

blahbot wrote:I don't seem to have a "Free Gold" button, at least, not one that I can find.
Sucks about the Veyron, still, I've seen it on offer a few times and I'm sure it will be back.
store / gold / free gold.