Pictures and Videos for R&P

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

malchior

Re: Pictures and Videos for R&P

Post by malchior »

I see that Rudy's cybersecurity expertise is paying off once again.
Last edited by malchior on Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Trump's Organization, for which he did not work on while he was president, though he kept presidential documents at his organization for scrapbooking and didn't know what was in them and they were declassified anyway and they were also returned when asked and taking them was back was illegal, are the best at Cyber.

And they ask "Miss me yet?"

In the immortal words of Tom Petty. "And I'll probably feel a whole lot better when you're gone."
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Holman

Post by Holman »

And if you haven't seen the ad referenced there, it's pretty cringey.

Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Cringey for sure. The guy makes my skin crawl. He is the worst sort of authoritarian bully.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

He’s also got ZERO charisma and is, in my opinion, a pretty shitty candidate in a national election. I’m really hoping he and Trump go toe-to-toe and destroy each other. That would be nice . . .
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I think it would be fascinating to see DeSantis have to react to a Trump attack and vice-versa.

I'm curious to see how the GOP deals with both of their ambissions.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Unagi wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:22 pm I think it would be fascinating to see DeSantis have to react to a Trump attack and vice-versa.

I'm curious to see how the GOP deals with both of their ambissions.
With nuclear fission?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Kurth wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:19 pm He’s also got ZERO charisma and is, in my opinion, a pretty shitty candidate in a national election. I’m really hoping he and Trump go toe-to-toe and destroy each other. That would be nice . . .
There can be only ONE…’Florida Man’
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

"Don't ever back down from a fight" is quite possibly the worst real-world advice you could give someone. Of course it's one of his foundational campaign positions.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:13 pm "Don't ever back down from a fight" is quite possibly the worst real-world advice you could give someone. Of course it's one of his foundational campaign positions.
Yeah....and "Dont shoot until shot upon" is going to lose him a bunch of gun nut voters.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Kurth wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:19 pm He’s also got ZERO charisma and is, in my opinion, a pretty shitty candidate in a national election.
That was me talking about Trump in 2016.

It turns out Trump was very charismatic, in an awful/inconceivable/evil way.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Trump/DeSantis is the obvious MAGA ticket, although Trump will need to change his residency again.

DeSantis' strengths as a bully will serve well in a traditional VP attack-dog role.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Holman wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:45 pm Trump/DeSantis is the obvious MAGA ticket, although Trump will need to change his residency again.

DeSantis' strengths as a bully will serve well in a traditional VP attack-dog role.
I'm not sure Florida Man Alpha's ego would allow him to pick someone disloyal enough to challenge him in the primaries.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

Jaymann wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:16 pm
Holman wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:45 pm Trump/DeSantis is the obvious MAGA ticket, although Trump will need to change his residency again.

I'm not sure Florida Man Alpha's ego would allow him to pick someone disloyal enough to challenge him in the primaries.
It's possible that there won't even be a GOP primary, or not in all states.

Besides, in Trump's eyes, accepting the VP position amounts to bending the knee.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

That's hilarious regardless of the messenger.

Vacationing in Delaware.

There isn't a human being in the United States of America that has saved up money and dreamed of finally taking off time and vacationing in Delaware. Sorry, Delaware LLC.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Jaymann wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:16 pm

Oh god, that would be epic. Both see themselves as alpha dogs. The White House would be covered in their urine after one day.
He won. Period.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Unagi wrote:That's hilarious regardless of the messenger.

Vacationing in Delaware.

There isn't a human being in the United States of America that has saved up money and dreamed of finally taking off time and vacationing in Delaware. Sorry, Delaware LLC.
The Delaware shore is actually pretty nice. Rehoboth, Bethany or Dewey Beach.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Zarathud wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:14 pm
Unagi wrote:That's hilarious regardless of the messenger.

Vacationing in Delaware.

The Delaware shore is actually pretty nice. Rehoboth, Bethany or Dewey Beach.
Yeah, I am sure there are amazing places in Delaware. (And I was afraid I would be called out) but the idea of Biden, of all people, being called out for Vacationing in Delaware, was just so goddamn absurd to me. (he lives there - for one damn thing)
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

A President who goes home to keep his grassroots fresh? The horror…

Biden works harder on vacation than Trump worked on his best days.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

:lol:

He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Enlarge Image
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Word on the street is that the woman that was behind the amazing NJ Twitter account is now part of the team running the White House Twitter account.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
malchior

Post by malchior »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:31 pm
I need a shower after diving into that thread. Maybe this is what they need to do but I'm not going to cheer them taking a dip into the cesspool. The discussion attached to this post is mind-numbing. Folks trying to point out this was misleading were shouted down by the mob about Dark Brandon. That said, there did seem to be much rejoicing that finally "their team" was fighting back. Maybe leaning into societal decadence is the only way forward. It's a cynical bet but turning out the vote is critical now.

*Edit: Not to say there isn't anything to criticize about Congressperson's potentially abusing PPP loans but the WH is doling out populist slop here.
Smoove_B wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:52 pm Word on the street is that the woman that was behind the amazing NJ Twitter account is now part of the team running the White House Twitter account.
I saw that. I don't mind some sharp elbows. They are long overdue but I hope it won't lead to a complete roll in the mud.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I’m not sure where you find the slide to social decadence. And populist slop isn’t automatically as horrible as you are hinting at.

Further more, if you want democrats to welcome and appeal to people like DeSantis Supprters, one is going to very much need to find some flavor of populist slop to throw down.

As long as it’s at least based in truth, I’m fine with it.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Unagi wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:59 amI’m not sure where you find the slide to social decadence.
Political tribes battling it out in online screaming matches throwing misinformation back and forth is pretty clear indication of decline.
And populist slop isn’t automatically as horrible as you are hinting at.
It's not automatically horrible. This form is potentially horrible though. It also might be necessary. We'll see.
malchior

Post by malchior »

FWIW this is exactly the type of sharp elbows I want to see thrown. Clear and accurate.

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Here we go, Dark Brandon, here we go.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Aggression wins elections now, so yay Dark Brandon. Or may I call you Darth Brandon.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Or just Darth
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Saw some twitter memes about how a known traitor to America put 3 Supreme Court justices on the bench.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

malchior wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:07 am Political tribes battling it out in online screaming matches throwing misinformation back and forth is pretty clear indication of decline.
I'm probably just not understanding, but what is the misinformation in that thread? Did those congresspeople not have PPP loans forgiven? I know that R's don't give a shit about hypocrisy, but it still seems valuable to point out what they are doing.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

gbasden wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:58 pm
malchior wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:07 am Political tribes battling it out in online screaming matches throwing misinformation back and forth is pretty clear indication of decline.
I'm probably just not understanding, but what is the misinformation in that thread? Did those congresspeople not have PPP loans forgiven? I know that R's don't give a shit about hypocrisy, but it still seems valuable to point out what they are doing.
Unlike student loans, PPP "loans" were intended upfront to be forgiven for borrowers who met their conditions. It's a false equivalence.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Only if your criteria is that the loan was never meant to be repaid. If your criteria is borrowing money and not paying it back, then not so much.

Also, "What's her name." as a response to being told to go to hell. Biden has a clever person guiding him right now. I don't know how well it will play as OUTRAGED is the preferred state of the MAGAt.

https://www.newsweek.com/marjorie-taylo ... me-1737517

"I found it fascinating that some of the folks who were talking about 'this is big spending' are the same people that got $158,000 in PPP money," Biden told reporters outside the White House in the clip shared by Greene. "Including the... what's her name? That woman who believes in... well, anyway, a whole lot of Republicans got a lot of money. The very people criticizing."
"Well if his dementia wasn't so bad he could remember," Greene tweeted in response. "At least President Trump knows everyone's name. Joe is a career politician that knows nothing about making payroll during a tyrannical government shutdown. He only knows how to buy votes."
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Missed opportunity:

You know... what's her name? That woman who believes in gazpacho police.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

LordMortis wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:11 pm Only if your criteria is that the loan was never meant to be repaid. If your criteria is borrowing money and not paying it back, then not so much.
This is the problem though. That first part is the true framing - the second is bullshit. Generally when someone takes out a student loan it is premised that they are investing in themselves and have to pay it back. You can't repo the knowledge after all. There are some forgiveness programs so that's not an iron law or anything.

However, the PPP loan were premised that a once-in-a-century pandemic was occurring and forgiveness was the intended outcome for nearly all the "loans" and the requirements clearly laid out from the jump. Was it wise policy? Eh. It's not clear by any measure and that's a fair criticism. However, the people trying to flat out equivocate the PPP loan/student loan forgiveness policies are slinging straight up bullshit.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

malchior wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:50 pm the second is bullshit.
Depends on who you are talking to. When you are talking to someone who begins with ".... taking out loans and not paying them back" then the second is absolutely in line. The PPP response was to the complaint of students taking out loans and not paying them back.

Rest assured, I am no fan of student loan forgiveness in the way it has been done. But the statement was about how unfair it is to take out loans and not pay them back. What's her name took a loan and didn't pay it back. How fair is that to the masses of businesses who tried on day one who didn't even get to apply? She laid the groundwork set the framing and response was appropriate, IMO.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The student loan payout is certainly going to have a lot less fraud than PPP.
It's almost as if people are the problem.