Pictures and Videos for R&P

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Blackhawk

Re: Pictures and Videos for R&P

Post by Blackhawk »

Pyperkub wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:00 pm Inigo Montoya might be looking for him!

Enlarge Image
Looking at that again, I can't even figure out what he's praying toward. I've been in quite a few churches (I was raised Christian, after all, and moved around a lot), and I just can't figure out where he's supposed to be. Is he facing the back of the church? Is that supposed to be a backwards pew with a kneeler?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

He’s praying backwards, aka praying to Satan.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I grew up Catholic and I've been in a lot of churches with stained glass windows. That church might exist if it is setup sideways (or I guess he could be in the transept), but that pew is too crazy to exist.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm assuming that's supposed to be at one of his weddings.

"Dear Lord, please don't let her review the prenup with her lawyers...I'm begging you."
He won. Period.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Trump is apparently playing The Smiths before his rallies at this point.

And now I can't get Goth Trump out of my head.

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image
He won. Period.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The Lincoln Project is at it again.
He won. Period.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

"Embalmed" ?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

hepcat wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:26 pm Trump is apparently playing The Smiths before his rallies at this point.
Huh. That seems appropriate considering what a douchebag Morrissey seems to be based on the interviews I've seen (OTOH that could all be an act, no idea).
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Patton Oswalt had a great take

He won. Period.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:57 pm "Embalmed" ?
Ken doll burn victim?
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Apricot harlot.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

It makes sense that a con man, who's entire life is one big grift, would extend the con even to his own appearance. Everything is a (poorly executed) facade.
Holman

Post by Holman »

What's amazing is that, in the decade or more that he has been using obvious bronzer, he has had (or trusted) no one in his life to tell him how silly it looks.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:59 pm
hepcat wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:26 pm Trump is apparently playing The Smiths before his rallies at this point.
Huh. That seems appropriate considering what a douchebag Morrissey seems to be based on the interviews I've seen (OTOH that could all be an act, no idea).
Yeah, Morrissey has definitely swung to the right.

But Johnny Marr (the real talent in The Smiths) has already contacted the campaign and told them to stop playing his music.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

He's got no love for Trump-

https://www.spin.com/2017/11/morrissey- ... -humanity/
When asked hypothetically: “If there was a button here that would kill the president instantly, would you push it or not?,” Morrissey, to the surprise of no one who’s been watching him closely in recent months, plainly answered: “I would, for the safety of humanity. It has nothing to do with my personal opinion of his face or his family, but in the interest of humanity, I would push.”
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Holman wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:10 pm
Carpet_pissr wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:59 pm
Yeah, Morrissey has definitely swung to the right.

But Johnny Marr (the real talent in The Smiths) has already contacted the campaign and told them to stop playing his music.
Not even talking about his politics. Just comes across as a grade A asshole.
Last edited by Carpet_pissr on Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He’s a troll. It’s kind of his schtick.
He won. Period.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Just out of curiosity, has anyone on here ever watched a gentleman by the name of Brian Tyler Cohen? I'm not going to link his stuff just because I'm not THAT big a fan, but he seems to be fairly knowledgeable on politics in a way I sometimes wish I was. He is on TikTok (and various other platforms, I'm sure), and he's got some good takes on current events. He appears to be pretty in the loop with his facts and evidence to support them. Just wondering how widespread his platform is to people that I think would like his presentation.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Hyena wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:15 pm Just out of curiosity, has anyone on here ever watched a gentleman by the name of Brian Tyler Cohen? I'm not going to link his stuff just because I'm not THAT big a fan, but he seems to be fairly knowledgeable on politics in a way I sometimes wish I was. He is on TikTok (and various other platforms, I'm sure), and he's got some good takes on current events. He appears to be pretty in the loop with his facts and evidence to support them. Just wondering how widespread his platform is to people that I think would like his presentation.
I've seen him on youtube (I don't really do tiktok), but he also is a prett good contributor on MSNBC:

Warning: the below video touches on a slightly optimistic outlook for 2024 , vs Trump.
Spoiler:
Last edited by Unagi on Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I just noticed he was doing work for msnbc as well. I thought he was just a random (although quite good) dude with a youtube channel. Good for him.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I watched, and drank his koolaid while wearing rose colored glasses. Fucker better be right.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I don't think he's wrong in terms of the current snapshot. I just question how many of those "never Trumpers" actually follow through and either stay home or vote for Biden. I felt that's where I had to swallow his optimism with a big grain of salt.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I watch him pretty regularly and like the segments he does with Glenn Kirschner and Marc Elias.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

YellowKing wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:18 pm I don't think he's wrong in terms of the current snapshot. I just question how many of those "never Trumpers" actually follow through and either stay home or vote for Biden. I felt that's where I had to swallow his optimism with a big grain of salt.
I agree with his interpretation of the voting so far. What worries me is the lack of enthusiasm for Biden, especially among the demographics that Dems rely on turning out. Too many voters wish they could choose None of the Above. Biden could lose support to apathy at the same rate that trump is losing support to malfeasance.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

YellowKing wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:18 pm I don't think he's wrong in terms of the current snapshot. I just question how many of those "never Trumpers" actually follow through and either stay home or vote for Biden. I felt that's where I had to swallow his optimism with a big grain of salt.
This is how I feel. A lot of his points are being preached to people that already agree with him, and also require faith in a lot of humanity that AREN'T hearing his message. It also relies a modicum of self-respect and logic, which is the other reason I am concerned he might be a bit too optimistic about those on the "right" side...
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Kraken wrote:
I agree with his interpretation of the voting so far. What worries me is the lack of enthusiasm for Biden, especially among the demographics that Dems rely on turning out. Too many voters wish they could choose None of the Above. Biden could lose support to apathy at the same rate that trump is losing support to malfeasance.
Maybe, but when Biden won NH via write-in votes only could indicate this isn't the case.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

The one thing that really gives me optimism is that Biden beat Trump (quite soundly) among both independents and moderates in 2020. Trump not only can't afford to lose those demographics again, he needs to increase support among them. And right now the exact opposite is happening.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

YellowKing wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:41 pm The one thing that really gives me optimism is that Biden beat Trump (quite soundly) among both independents and moderates in 2020. Trump not only can't afford to lose those demographics again, he needs to increase support among them. And right now the exact opposite is happening.
But Biden is NOTICEABLY worse, mentally and physically since then, both in appearance and in speech/behavior. And I have to wonder how the typical 2020 Biden voter views his stance on the Israel/Palestine situation. I *feel* like that has probably hurt him a bit, but just a guess.

Point is, this isn't 2020, and the biggest gripe against Biden (old!) is now even bigger because...well, time.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Losing Arab support could cost him Michigan...although the UAW endorsement might make up for that. IDK...consumer confidence is rising, the infrastructure bill's projects are picking up steam, and Biden's really just begun to campaign, so maybe his approval on the economy will tick up somewhat. That's his biggest achilles heel. It's vexing that so many people think trump's economy was much better, when the opposite is true. But people react more to the price of gas and bread than to the unemployment rate or GDP growth, and trump's bluster and swagger plays better than Biden's quiet competence.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Carpet_pissr wrote:But Biden is NOTICEABLY worse, mentally and physically since then, both in appearance and in speech/behavior.
Well so is Trump, as far as that goes. I'm not sure why the media is focused on Biden's mental acuity when you have Trump over here mixing up Nancy Pelosi and Nikki Haley, and Biden and Obama. I'll take the occasional Biden stutter/hesitation over Trump's full blown dementia any day.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Kraken wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:37 pm Losing Arab support could cost him Michigan...although the UAW endorsement might make up for that. IDK...consumer confidence is rising, the infrastructure bill's projects are picking up steam, and Biden's really just begun to campaign, so maybe his approval on the economy will tick up somewhat. That's his biggest achilles heel. It's vexing that so many people think trump's economy was much better, when the opposite is true. But people react more to the price of gas and bread than to the unemployment rate or GDP growth, and trump's bluster and swagger plays better than Biden's quiet competence.
The price of gas is fine, ironically in no small part to the EVs TFG fought so hard against. Bread OtOH, not so good, and it's not coming back down. However, that's not Biden's fault. Maybe without bread, Biden needs more circuses?
YellowKing wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:02 pm Well so is Trump, as far as that goes. I'm not sure why the media is focused on Biden's mental acuity when you have Trump over here mixing up Nancy Pelosi and Nikki Haley, and Biden and Obama. I'll take the occasional Biden stutter/hesitation over Trump's full blown dementia any day.
+ a gazillion though I don't see the media focusing on this, only TFG support.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Not sure what else to say. If you compare Biden and Trump in the ‘who seems/appears/acts older’ it’s not even close IMO.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:13 am Not sure what else to say. If you compare Biden and Trump in the ‘who seems/appears/acts older’ it’s not even close IMO.
I'm not sure that's true. Have you seen Trump in action lately? He slurs words and misreads the teleprompter, and when he goes off-script he rambles into unconnected topics that often just peter out.

I'm convinced that on a debate stage, Biden would look sharper.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

stessier wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:02 pm I grew up Catholic and I've been in a lot of churches with stained glass windows. That church might exist if it is setup sideways (or I guess he could be in the transept), but that pew is too crazy to exist.
Because it's AI generated. It's what an AI thinks a church background/set should look like.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Annoying as fuck.

As a huge Smith fan, I think Panic on the Streets of Springfield finally allowed me to be at peace with the music I love. That, plus the fact that Johnny Marr is still a good dude.

If you haven't seen it, you should.
The episode's original music was composed by Bret McKenzie of the New Zealand duo Flight of the Conchords.[6] A full-length version of the original featured song "Everyone Is Horrid Except Me (And Possibly You)," written by McKenzie with vocals by Cumberbatch as Quilloughby and Yeardley Smith as Lisa, was released in May 2021 by Hollywood Records.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Yeah I think Biden appears older physically (because he is), but some of the recent Trump speeches have been downright alarming in how confused he is.

Incidentally I have a good friend who is dealing with his father-in-law's dementia on a daily basis, and he said he didn't realize how many signs of it Trump seems to have until he saw it every day. The slurring, the confusion, the angry outbursts, etc.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:21 pm
YellowKing wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:41 pm The one thing that really gives me optimism is that Biden beat Trump (quite soundly) among both independents and moderates in 2020. Trump not only can't afford to lose those demographics again, he needs to increase support among them. And right now the exact opposite is happening.
But Biden is NOTICEABLY worse, mentally and physically since then
I'll be honest, I don't see that. He's older, yes. But he's still incredibly active and mentally fit for someone of his age.

Trump has always been an overweight moron.
He won. Period.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

The one thing I keep coming back to is that Biden beat Trump in 2020. I find it hard to believe that Trump’s behavior since he lost in 2020 has garnered him many new voters. I know the cult members will vote for him no matter what but I think he’ll need more support than they alone can provide.

I hope that the more people start to focus on the November election they will see Trump’s erratic behavior and mental slippage. I also hope he has at least one criminal trial start before the election and more dirt comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

My only hope is that moderates and independents really DO dislike Trump on a scale that’s been promised by some pollsters/opinion pieces.
He won. Period.