Pictures and Videos for R&P

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

raydude

Re: Pictures and Videos for R&P

Post by raydude »

Skinypupy wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:42 pm
Holman wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:08 pm This is real and inexplicable.

I guess this will be Tucker's stab at defending traditional masculinity by being as sweatingly, wrestlingly, cow-milkingly gay as possible?
What the holy fuck is going on at :10 to :15?
Part of me wonders if he's overtly ignoring men of color but another part likes to imagine them saying "You want me to do what with my junk? Nope, I'm out".
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Enlarge Image
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Max Peck wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:01 pm Who else had "scrotal skin cancer" on their The thing that took down Tucker Carlson bingo card?

Black Mirror episode where awful unctuously racist talk show host patiently cultivates a horrible audience for 30 years and then at the end convinces the worst 10% of men in America to microwave their own nuts.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I will NOT wear a mask! I do NOT consent!

But hey, hit me up with some radiation for my balls. That's been tested, right?
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Do your own research! /s
It's almost as if people are the problem.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

NSFW (or Smoove)

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im not watching even a second of stupidity. But looking at that thumbnail I dont see how you can avoid a nation requirement.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

msteelers wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:24 pm NSFW (or Smoove)

Is h joking about long COVID or what? He had COVID and is gassed after that celebration for the whole 4 or so minutes I watched. Seems he's joking not joking.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

I haven't watched the McAfee thing, but my guess is he wasn't being serious. His shtick is to do and say crazy stuff, he's not overly political. For the most part it's a sports talk show, but more off the wall than what you get on ESPN radio.
FTE
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:18 am I will NOT wear a mask! I do NOT consent!

But hey, hit me up with some radiation for my balls. That's been tested, right?
combine it with some deworming pills for a serious boost!
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Scraper wrote:I haven't watched the McAfee thing, but my guess is he wasn't being serious. His shtick is to do and say crazy stuff, he's not overly political. For the most part it's a sports talk show, but more off the wall than what you get on ESPN radio.
This was my take as well. Even the title of the clip is “we beat Covid… again” which makes me think they weren’t being serious.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:31 am
Max Peck wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:01 pm Who else had "scrotal skin cancer" on their The thing that took down Tucker Carlson bingo card?

Black Mirror episode where awful unctuously racist talk show host patiently cultivates a horrible audience for 30 years and then at the end convinces the worst 10% of men in America to microwave their own nuts.

1. I thought lasers were Jewish.

2. Everyone knows the best way to get a testosterone injection is straight from the source. The steps on how to do this are below.

nsfw words - I'm channeling Borat a bit with this one.
Spoiler:
Step 1; Put on some manly clothes and go to a gym, bar, or gay conversion therapy camp, and find a guy with huge biceps. He probably has a lot of testosterone, and his arm strength is important because he's going to need you to hold your hips in place for the procedure in a following step.
Step 2; Stand on the highest point facing the nearest Red State or stare directly at the sun.
Step 3; Get naked and oil each other up, to maximize testosterone transfer.
Step 4; Assume the position (e.g. as if you were a Vice Presidential Candidate or if you were meeting a Russian Head of State).
Step 5; While standing behind you, have the naked oiled muscle bound testosterone infused manly man deposit his essence as close to your prostrate as he can. Your prostate will absorb it and increase your own levels.
Step 6; Repeat as necessary. Also, it's totally not gay!
naednek

Post by naednek »

hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
malchior

Post by malchior »

So is it still "histrionic" to think that Musk's vision of free speech is...not what it seems. The idea that it's just the left moving left is fucking moronic and he knows it. Also I guess I'm just a dummy but I'm not seeing his revolutionary vision for Twitter in here.

Edit: Well-said Aaron Rupar

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

That graphic works if the world revolves around "me."
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

malchior wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:34 pm So is it still "histrionic" to think that Musk's vision of free speech is...not what it seems. The idea that it's just the left moving left is fucking moronic and he knows it. Also I guess I'm just a dummy but I'm not seeing his revolutionary vision for Twitter in here.

That's dumb as hell. Yes, the squad is further left than the average Democrat. But if anything it's the conservatives than have been in a race to see who can become the most reactionary.
malchior

Post by malchior »

A lot of folks are responding with this. I'd say that this is well trod ground. There have been several studies over the last couple of years that showed that the right moved much more to the right than the left moved left. The study I liked the most was a corpus data science analysis of the party platforms. That project unfortunately died out after the GOP just decided the party platform was whatever fell out of Trump's idiotic maw.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I can kind of see it. The right is in a consistent place. Make it 1950 again. Trump made it more obvious but I think it has been fairly consistent.

I mean conservative literally means keep it the same, where progressive wants progress (progress toward what? a more equitable society, I think). This kind of means the left is going to move and the right is going to stay where they are. Over the past couple of decades progress has been made and conservatives are pushing to reverse that, so from that "progressed" viewpoint it looks like they are moving further right.

Of course the fun part is that for the most part the right doesn't give a shit about the things they are pushing, as long as it keeps people angry and kicking down so they don't really pay attention to the wealthy and their looting.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:57 pm I can kind of see it. The right is in a consistent place. Make it 1950 again. Trump made it more obvious but I think it has been fairly consistent.

I mean conservative literally means keep it the same, where progressive wants progress (progress toward what? a more equitable society, I think).
That isn't conservatism. That is the definition of reactionary politics. In that, they aren't keeping things the same they are instead re-instituting policy from the past. Also, the notion that they are seeking to return to 1950s is more a rhetorical device than reality. The set of policies are all over the place but mostly in the past. For example, 1950s taxation policy was far higher than it is now. I don't see them advocating for that! Their current policy is more akin to tax policy from prior to the pre-depression era. Meanwhile progressive politics are definitionally aligned with equality through liberal market forces. Much of that originally was about the right to freely associate and join unions or workplace safety. Things that reactionary GOP policy has worked to weaken over the years.

In some cases, the GOP is working towards more illiberal action. For example, they've invented whole new legal mechanisms/theories such as the Texas abortion law to force these reactionary policies into effect that routes around our dysfunctional legislatures. We don't really see any sort of analogue to this on the left.
This kind of means the left is going to move and the right is going to stay where they are. Over the past couple of decades progress has been made and conservatives are pushing to reverse that, so from that "progressed" viewpoint it looks like they are moving further right.
Not really. The GOP has radicalized and has become both illiberal (more and more anti-democratic / taking or redefining away existing rights) and more reactionary (the turning back the clock aspect). This isn't like some weird theory of relativity. There are major policy changes involved here that are quantifiable.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Democrats have moved to the left over the decades (even since 2008), but Republicans have moved a hell of a lot more since 2008 than the Democrats have in the last few decades.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Speaking of Elon Musk and twitter - I've been holding off forming an opinion - I think there could be good changes (if bots were effectively removed) and there could be bad changes, and I'm waiting to see what happens (though I'm thinking it's unlikely to dramatically change, and, like social media in general, it's likely going to stay a forum that's not particularly great for the exchange of ideas.

He posted this:

With which I have a number of issues:

"I am against censorship that goes far beyond the law."

So he's OK with some censorship, provided it doesn't go "far" beyond the law, whatever far means?

"If people want less free speech, they will ask government to pass laws to that effect."

Does he really think that laws always match what the people want?

Also, at least speaking personally, just because I would prefer a forum with some amount of moderation to deal with things that make the forum less productive doesn't mean I want to make such speech illegal everywhere.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Musk has it all wrong regarding Free Speech and Twitter. Never the two shall meet unless he decides to donate Twitter to the government. Twitter, as a private entity, can not engage in censorship or any other restriction of Free Speech. Only government is capable of doing that. Twitter simple says "my house, my rules. GTFO." Its no different than me telling the door to door solicitor that isn't even supposed to be in my neighborhood that he isn't supposed to be there and shutting the door in his face. I'm not censoring him. I'm just not listening to him.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Defiant wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:03 pm

"I am against censorship that goes far beyond the law."

So he's OK with some censorship, provided it doesn't go "far" beyond the law, whatever far means?

"If people want less free speech, they will ask government to pass laws to that effect."

Does he really think that laws always match what the people want?

Also, at least speaking personally, just because I would prefer a forum with some amount of moderation to deal with things that make the forum less productive doesn't mean I want to make such speech illegal everywhere.
It's a cop out. He doesn't want to piss off China and cause issues for TSLA.

If the "law" is the US, that's one debate. If it's China or Russia, that's another.

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

People have flat out lost their minds.*

* If this isn't just straight up propaganda.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Trump just peed himself and called Melania to ask if she’d tell him a story so he could get back to sleep.

In other news, I don’t know if this is doctored, but it made me chuckle.

He won. Period.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Defiant

Post by Defiant »

A parody of "9 to 5" but about abortion restrictions.

Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Dude

Don Jr. should really save some cocaine for the rest of us.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:00 am Dude

If it's not investigated then "we live in a clown show state." Says the prince of clownshow Camelot. Daddy's administration was the biggest joke and leakiest sieve ever to bumble into the White House. And that includes when the Red Sox went in 2004.

MYT
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

He seems more and more like his sire.

A criminal investigation? Like they are fond of saying, what law was broken?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

That was, in fact, quite a clown show.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:00 am Dude

Yeah. Good luck Donny. It wasn’t a criminal act.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Maybe he means a criminal investigation, in the same sense that Saul Goodman is a criminal lawyer. :coffee:
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

It's also not a "privileged document" whatever the hell Don Jr. thinks that means. What a fucking idiot.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

It is possible that criminal activity was taken to obtain the draft (eg, breaking into the Supreme Court or hacking into their computers), but I think that it would be more likely that someone who had access to it leaked it.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Defiant wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:56 am It is possible that criminal activity was taken to obtain the draft (eg, breaking into the Supreme Court or hacking into their computers), but I think that it would be more likely that someone who had access to it leaked it.
And we also know that Don Jr. is arguing it was done by someone who was trusted with the knowledge but leaked it. He makes it perfectly clear he is not upset about some computer hack.

It's not "the Supreme Court doesn't get hacked!!", it's that "the Supreme Court doesn't leak!!!!"
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

So Donny wants to go after Clarence Thomas’ wife? Why?