Pictures and Videos for R&P

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

GreenGoo

Re: Pictures and Videos for R&P

Post by GreenGoo »

noxiousdog wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:59 am We absolutely think that's Zina Bash.
Ok. I've already banished her from my mind, visually at least. I'm not going to look at it again and I didn't notice the first time.

As for getting us to talk about bullshit, well as has been discussed here, none of this matters. It's theater and we are aware that Kavanaugh is a liar. We're so desperate to *not* watch the system fail miserably that if there was a painter in the background using the wrong colour of eggshell white it would make the news.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I told Wife that the "OK" hand sign means "white power" now for some reason. The resulting eye roll was epic.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Kraken wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:23 pm I told Wife that the "OK" hand sign means "white power" now for some reason. The resulting eye roll was epic.
The "some reason" is a 4chan hoax which nonetheless caught on with the alt-right and fellow travellers as a way of trolling the libs.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I know that the NFL officially started already, but in honor of all the games happening today. remember:

Maybe next year, maybe no go
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

True dat, but I heard the NFL rescinded their must stand for the special song rule.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

At first I was like "geez, poor kid. They're just shoes to him. That shoes are about politics never enters into the mind of a kid that age".

But then I was like

"Wait, the entire reason shoes are about politics is his dad's fault. Tough luck dude. Having a moron for a dad, even if he is prez, is every kid's nightmare. Now he has something in common with Bart".
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Defiant wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:23 am
I'm shocked that there isn't some Trump branded athletic shoe line. I'm also certain that there will be one soon.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:12 pm
Defiant wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:23 am
I'm shocked that there isn't some Trump branded athletic shoe line. I'm also certain that there will be one soon.
These folks show off some fine durable footwear that Trump would wholeheartedly support. He does love a parade.

Enlarge Image
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:12 pm I'm shocked that there isn't some Trump branded athletic shoe line. I'm also certain that there will be one soon.
I'm hoping he'll just stick to the ugly-ass bright red 80's ball caps. You can spot an angry Trumpkin a mile away, or in a crowd of people. Extremely useful.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:31 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:12 pm I'm shocked that there isn't some Trump branded athletic shoe line. I'm also certain that there will be one soon.
I'm hoping he'll just stick to the ugly-ass bright red 80's ball caps. You can spot an angry Trumpkin a mile away, or in a crowd of people. Extremely useful.
Our problem in Philadelphia is that Phillies caps are the same shade of red with white lettering.

I've learned to scan for the comforting soft curve of a true baseball cap vs. the cheap stiff trucker-crown of a MAGA deplorable.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Holman wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:36 pm I've learned to scan for the comforting soft curve of a true baseball cap vs. the cheap stiff trucker-crown of a MAGA deplorable.
One quirk of living in Portland - I have never seen a MAGA hat in the wild. I've seen a few pickups with Trump stickers (and it's always pickups) but MAGA folks keep a low profile in Little Beirut.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Exodor wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:40 pm
Holman wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:36 pm I've learned to scan for the comforting soft curve of a true baseball cap vs. the cheap stiff trucker-crown of a MAGA deplorable.
One quirk of living in Portland - I have never seen a MAGA hat in the wild. I've seen a few pickups with Trump stickers (and it's always pickups) but MAGA folks keep a low profile in Little Beirut.
I rarely see the hats around here, either, and usually suspect a tourist when I do. Trumpers here fly their freak flags on their houses in the form of campaign signs. Right now "DIehl for Senate" is the telltale.

MA won a recent poll as having the strongest disapproval of Trump, at 62%. Since Diehl's campaign theme is "I'm Trump's BFF" he ought to have a 38% ceiling. But Republicans hate Warren, so he might crack 40%.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

That's pretty amazing.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

That avocado-toast-eatin' raccoon!
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

The Meal wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:46 am That avocado-toast-eatin' raccoon!
HA! Is that what that is?! Second time this week I have heard the term "avocado toast" First time was being chastised by a salty 9 YO, when I told her I had never heard of it. "WHAT?! Are you serious or joking? You've NEVER. HEARD. OF AVOCADO TOAST?!? I don't believe you." I later found out that the exchange had made such an impact on her that she told her mom in disbelief. :P
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:03 am
HA! Is that what that is?! Second time this week I have heard the term "avocado toast" First time was being chastised by a salty 9 YO, when I told her I had never heard of it. "WHAT?! Are you serious or joking? You've NEVER. HEARD. OF AVOCADO TOAST?!? I don't believe you." I later found out that the exchange had made such an impact on her that she told her mom in disbelief. :P
I know what it is, but have a hard time figuring out why anyone would actually eat it. Looks disgusting.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:16 am
Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:03 am
I know what it is, but have a hard time figuring out why anyone would actually eat it. Looks disgusting.
I'm weird on the fruit. I love guacamole IN something (or on it), but I wont' eat it by itself. I tolerate avocado slices in sushi rolls, but would never eat slices of it on a salad for instance, like you see commonly these days. One of my wife's favorite desserts (Portugal thing) is avocado mousse. (thank you, but no.)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Anything I get that comes with avocado, guacamole, or sour cream, those parts get moved to my wife's plate. I don't particularly care for the flavors, where she enjoys them, so it's certainly no sacrifice for me.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:24 am Anything I get that comes with avocado, guacamole, or sour cream, those parts get moved to my wife's plate. I don't particularly care for the flavors, where she enjoys them, so it's certainly no sacrifice for me.
For me it's tomatoes and 'shrooms. I tend to mostly skip the sour cream. But I don't pass it off. She's not a big fan either.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Avocado's creamy texture and fresh taste has its culinary niches. Toast is not one of them, IMO.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

You guys are crazy - there's nothing that can't be made better with avocado.
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I mean we could acknowledge that people like different things, react differently to different flavors and textures perhaps based on some chemical or biological thing or maybe just some personal association from past experience.

Or maybe we should just judge them for liking different things, the fools.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

So my Trump lovin' coworker posted this on his facebook page:

Notice how they have to point out Gillum attended a "black college" while his white opponent went to Yale and Harvard. The derision isn't even implied, for Christ's sake. How in the holy hell is that not blatantly friggin' racist? :shock:
He won. Period.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It's 2018 -- the racism is a feature, not a bug. :coffee:

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

I don't think calling it a black college is inherently racist. I think putting making him a bobblehead on a camel is.

Also, it looks like he does have a BA, so the "dropped out" is misleading.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Also, wouldn't being a mayor count as a job? I'm assuming he got paid for it.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Ooops. My bad. I forgot that facts are irrelevant these days.

Black Lives Matter

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Why point out it's a black college? What possible reason would you do so in this context and with the comparison being made?
He won. Period.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

TheMix wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:25 pm Also, wouldn't being a mayor count as a job? I'm assuming he got paid for it.
Being a politician isn't a real job (unless you're TRUMP APPROVED, of course). :P :wink:
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:24 am I don't particularly care for the flavors
Oh come on, no one is gonna run with that? Make it their sig? Mock him mercilessly?

I'm no foodie, but damn I like what I like, and that's because of the flavour (and texture).

*teases isgrim mercilessly*
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

coopasonic wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:02 pm
Or maybe we should just judge them for liking different things, the fools.
Something something, news letter something something.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

hepcat wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:26 pm Why point out it's a black college? What possible reason would you do so in this context and with the comparison being made?
This. Black college could absolutely be said without being racist, depending on the context. In a political attack ad? What possible reason is there to include it other than leading the viewer to make whatever racist conclusions they are gonna make about a "black" college.

I'm eager to find out that Cynthia Nixon attended an all girls' catholic school. Hint, Hint, nudge, nudge. Psst...she's a lesbian. Homosexuals are bad, remember, you bigoted old coot! Vote for the white male conservative.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Wait, "supported by Fonda" is actually a conservative talking point now? :lol: :lol:

And why camels? Is that supposed to have some connection to the "Muslim" bogeyman nonsense?
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:11 pm Wait, "supported by Fonda" is actually a conservative talking point now? :lol: :lol:
You say that as if you've never heard of Hanoi Jane.

ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Max Peck wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:17 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:11 pm Wait, "supported by Fonda" is actually a conservative talking point now? :lol: :lol:
You say that as if you've never heard of Hanoi Jane.
My uncle (served in Vietnam, Purple Heart) would absolutely throw a shoe at the TV if she came on.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

First off... I don't think those are Nikes.
Second, given that he's on the street with only socks on, I have to wonder if he's throwing away his only footwear.

:pop:
Last edited by Defiant on Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Those are New Balance shoes.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Kraken wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:46 pm Those are New Balance shoes.
Which is a Boston company founded by a British immigrant.
It's almost as if people are the problem.