How do I delete posts from showing in "YOUR POSTS"?

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Carpet_pissr

How do I delete posts from showing in "YOUR POSTS"?

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I have not subscribed to the threads in question, but they always show up at the top of my "YOUR POSTS" which is how I prefer to browse OO most of the time. Is there a way to "forget" that I have posted in these threads so they don't show up any more?

Thanks
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: How do I delete posts from showing in "YOUR POSTS"?

Post by LawBeefaroni »

"Your posts" (AKA egosearch :wink: ) is based on the fact that you posted in the thread and I don't think there's a way to forget that you posted in it. At least not a way that would contribute to a stable database.

It's sorted by most recent post date so most of the unwanted ones should fall off as they get stale. Of course if you post in a random randomness thread or steam sales or something, you might be stuck with it on top.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
stessier

Post by stessier »

Use google as the way to choose which OO threads to look at and file a "Right to Forget" notice with them for any threads you don't want showing up. Easy peasy.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Carpet_pissr wrote:... Is there a way to "forget" that I have posted in these threads so they don't show up any more?
Oh you mean like that goddamn Random Randomness thread that I posted in ONE TIME like 5 years ago that's 385 pages long now, and it won't let me forget it because it's always at the VERY TOP when I View My Posts? Like that one?
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
Rip

Post by Rip »

Giles Habibula wrote:
Carpet_pissr wrote:... Is there a way to "forget" that I have posted in these threads so they don't show up any more?
Oh you mean like that goddamn Random Randomness thread that I posted in ONE TIME like 5 years ago that's 385 pages long now, and it won't let me forget it because it's always at the VERY TOP when I View My Posts? Like that one?
You posted it in, now you have to read it. That's the damn law!

:twisted:
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Giles Habibula wrote:
Heh, EXACTLY like that.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I have considered learning how to mod phpBB just so I can fix and support the "ignore thread" mod.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter