Captain Obvious strikes again....

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Little Raven

Captain Obvious strikes again....

Post by Little Raven »

Iraqi massacre 'was inside job.'
Security officials in Iraq say they suspect that militants who killed about 50 army recruits on Saturday may have been given inside information.

The officials say the militants must have been informed that the soldiers, who had just completed basic training, were being taken home in minibuses.
To quote America's favorite spokesman...DUH...

Think about it. If you were an Iraqi currently working for the Iraqi Guards, you would have to be nuts not to be playing for the other team as well. Guardsmen are getting knocked off by the hundreds every month. At least if you're a mole there's a chance they'll warn you not to go to work on the day the car bomb is scheduled to arrive.

Everything I've read suggests the insurgents have compromised the Iraqi guards at virtually every level. The military doesn't like to coordinate with Iraqi officials anymore than absolutely necessary, because once someone in the interim government knows about it, the insurgents seem to know as well.

Maybe the elections can help turn this around. I sure hope so. I didn't support setting off on this adventure, but now that we're there, we can't afford to lose.
/. "She climbed backwards out her
\/ window into Outside Over There."