Simple Werewolf Game - Game over.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Moliere

Re: Simple Werewolf Game - Game on.

Post by Moliere »

Remus West wrote:Racing back they find Morliere standing over purge's now clearly dead body (the give away being the fact half his head was removed by a close range shotgun blast). purge was HUMAN. Morliere looks at the group and shrugs. "It was really annoying that he kept sleeping. I will admit though that maybe I should have saved the shells as this gun is now useless."
I see my evil twin Morliere has made an appearance in this game too.

Fitting that it was him who pulled the trigger since I never voted for Purge and cautioned against it the whole time.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

He's watching us ... :o
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Vorret wrote:He's watching us ... :o

wait...i walk over there...the eyes..they're still...following my cheesy puffs!
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Day breaks with the mod in a huge rush. Unagi has been eaten. Get to it.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus West wrote:Day breaks with the mod in a huge rush. Unagi has been eaten. Get to it.
This solves a multitude of problems for me.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Holman

Post by Holman »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Remus West wrote:Day breaks with the mod in a huge rush. Unagi has been eaten. Get to it.
Did it now?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Holman wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Did it now?
Unagi has always been a problem for me. When I think he is a wolf, he is human. When he is human, I think he is a wolf. Today I was going to gun for him. I thought his first post was begging for it. The wolves just did me a favor. Only downside is if he was the Seer. This removed a distraction for me and gives us a better chance at winning from my perspective.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Suspects:
1) vorret
3) Scoop90210
4) Moliere
5) tru1cy
6) Newcastle
7) Holman
8) WarPig
9) Lassr
10) Lagom Lite

Victims:
12) bb2112
2) purge
11) Unagi

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Unagi wrote:(serioulsy keep forgetting that we are playing)

I'm sitting here wondering why Lassr hasn't just jumped into wanting me lynched first thing. I mean, he was the one guy in my last Wolf-win to constantly beg for folks to just lynch me... and no one ever did. I just feel like if roles were reversed, and I was playing with him this game, I'd have launched into some big "Please, lets just get him tested now..." but he didn't. And, well - as a wolf, I could see him/myself feeling like he shouldn't really do that... too bold a move for a wolf.

Maybe that should apply even more to Vorret? He would have EVERY REASON as a villager to just want me lynched (He guessed wrong at the very end of that game, and wrongly put his trust in me)... but I don't think he's calling for it.

Perhaps my analysis is too ego-centric.... but well, it's what comes to mind.
Unagi's only post of substance. This leads me to feel Unagi's killers may have a history with him.

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Doubt it.
Unagi is gone because he's the best wolf tracker in town ! He's a huge asset and that's why they took him out.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Scoop20906 wrote:

I'm sitting here wondering why Lassr hasn't just jumped into wanting me lynched first thing. I mean, he was the one guy in my last Wolf-win to constantly beg for folks to just lynch me... and no one ever did. I just feel like if roles were reversed, and I was playing with him this game, I'd have launched into some big "Please, lets just get him tested now..." but he didn't. And, well - as a wolf, I could see him/myself feeling like he shouldn't really do that... too bold a move for a wolf.

Maybe that should apply even more to Vorret? He would have EVERY REASON as a villager to just want me lynched (He guessed wrong at the very end of that game, and wrongly put his trust in me)... but I don't think he's calling for it.

Unagi's only post of substance. This leads me to feel Unagi's killers may have a history with him.
and your post leads me to believe you are setting me up for a lynch. Which would not be a good thing for the village.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Not really. I could vote for you but I haven't decided anything. I'm just reviewing the evidence available so far.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I'm happy Unagi posted that message tho.

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Also, I found it a bit odd that Unagi pointed fingers at two people based on previous games, why would I vote for him on day one simply because he was a wolf in the previous game? Makes no sense to me...

In any case, this is tricky, nobody actually voted for Unagi and the Purge vote was one of desperation... I might even go and say it's likely one if not both wolves may have avoided the train since keeping Purge alive was a huge advantage to them.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

The Purge Six:
Vorret
Scoop20906
Newcastle
Holman
Lassr
Unagi

WarPig

Post by WarPig »

Sorry I haven't posted much, folks. Wife at 34 weeks with twins and now in the hospital overnight last night for observation, where she might be staying until the kids are born. Whew.

I can see Unagi using past games as a benchmark for behavior, that makes sense to me. However, I consider most folks on this board in these games pretty canny (or maybe I'm just slow), so it might not have allowed him to glean as much as we all would have liked.

RIP Unagi, your insights will definitely be missed.
"Your test assignment will vary depending on the manner in which you have bent the world to your will." - Cave Johnson
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Acck they got Unagi. Easy answer as to why...they feared him i figure. His reputation precedes himself in these games....soo figure they got the best wolf tracker out. WHo would do that? I need to look over his posts see what he had to say, but i think scoop hit that briefly. Didn't he say something else? Or am i thinking about something different. Thought there was another post on people. Meh, i'll dig through things. I kind of thought he was laying low and thought he could be our seer though. Just seemed un-unagi to me. But then again yesterday wasn't really that normal of a day...no real trains...well only one on purge...so there wasn't a widespread discussion on stuff.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Warpig - so you're saying yorue gonna be awol huh? and enjoying the birth of yoru offspring...hmm

warpig 

Just starting the pre-emptive purging of the absent! :D
Bayraktar!!!!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Question for you all: who was leaning to vote for Unagi to start today?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Holman wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Did it now?
Unagi has always been a problem for me. When I think he is a wolf, he is human. When he is human, I think he is a wolf. Today I was going to gun for him. I thought his first post was begging for it. The wolves just did me a favor. Only downside is if he was the Seer. This removed a distraction for me and gives us a better chance at winning from my perspective.
While Unagi is worth killing for his wolf hunting skills alone, he did act like he had something to hide - e.g. Seer- or wolf-like.

So Scoop, I would probably have entertained the idea of supporting a Unagi-train.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Scoop20906 wrote:The Purge Six:
Vorret
Scoop20906
Newcastle
Holman
Lassr
Unagi
There is most likely at least one wolf among them.

Well, not Unagi.

Of the remaining, I lean towards Scoop being a good guy currently. He's contributing in a real way (no guarantees ofc).

Vorret and Lassr were named in Unagi's post, so they naturally go up the suspect list.

Newcastle - no read.

Holman - no read.

Vorret - his writing is kind of "controlled" for lack of a better word. Vorret himself seemed nervous to me, and much too certain that purge was a villager.

Lassr - somewhat more detached than I would expect. For some reason his purge vote seemed out of character.

Let's go with  Lassr 

But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Re: Simple Werewolf Game - sign up

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote:
purge wrote:Sure, why the f*** not?
Maybe next time ask yourself the opposite question.
:wink:

:|
 Purge 

Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote:I hope that doesn't come across as too mean but. I'm turned off from playing these games mostly due to this type of engagement to signing up.

IMO. Signing up for these games isn't akin to accepting an invite to some big block party. This is more like a dinner party where you were bringing the booze. If you just don't show up, it's a real hit to the enjoyment of the whole thing.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote:
Moliere wrote:
Newcastle wrote:I also hope we got a wolf on this one, but who knows.
Not likely. It is unfortunate to waste our first lynch in order to get rid of an absent villager.
I (as I am sure we all do) 2nd Newcastle concerns over Purge's real life situation...
And I don't want to just gloss over that.... I mean, we all have no clue what we are all going through in real life, etc. And Purge is a good fella.

...but while one would think that being assigned "Wolf" would get someone to really actually play, the last game I played in, I was partnered with an very awol-wolf in Purge.

So, while I agree it's probably not likely... I know for a fact that a wolf-assignment doesn't "get Purge to play".
Which, on some level is commendable. On some level. 8-)
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

All i could find on Unagi from his posting since the game started. Odd i thought he had another post. Ah well...must be me. I wasn't going to jump on a unagi train i was going to observe and see what he did, he seemed off...so was gonna let it play out.

The only people he mentions are vorret and lassr.....so the next question becomes....would those two as wolves...take out unagi because he's already sniffing at them? Or woudl they let it lie? OR was his death caused by his reputation? OR were the above two simple vilalgers set up for a frame job?

I'd like to hear more from Vorret & lassr i think.

oh withdraw  warpig 

kind of dickish to off him for the birthign reason.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Moliere wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:I left a chocolate on Purge's pillow on steam. If he doesn't show up tomorrow I saw he his is our first train.
Doesn't his absence imply he is a villager? Why not save him for later, if nothing else?
Its just a threat. 100% chance he will show but absent villagers don't help us catch wolves either.
This post still bothers me a bit....even though....i think he misses the punctuation...when i read it initially it seems an absoloute certainty that purge will end up a villager.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Moliere wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:I left a chocolate on Purge's pillow on steam. If he doesn't show up tomorrow I saw he his is our first train.
Doesn't his absence imply he is a villager? Why not save him for later, if nothing else?
Moliere wrote:
Vorret wrote:I'm all for waiting ... I agree he's most likely a villager BUT he went AWOL as a wolf once so it can happen...

Plus, it would suck to kill an active player vs one who isn't posting at all, villager or wolf
Killing Purge if we think he's an absent villager is worse than taking a shot at an active player. The wolves are more likely to be among the actives so I would rather aim my noose in that direction to mix my metaphors.

Moliere wrote:
Newcastle wrote:I also hope we got a wolf on this one, but who knows.
Not likely. It is unfortunate to waste our first lynch in order to get rid of an absent villager.

All throughout the day Moliere was arguing that he thought Purge was a simple villager. In the end he was correct, but he had a certainty to it. Granted, it's a decent hunch..but we all know nothing at this point. I dont mind that he was arguing for not lynching purge...that's cool...but as a wolf would you put that out....i guess what i am trying to say his posts bother me.
Bayraktar!!!!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

As a wolf you always want to look right and sometimes you can go a little to far in making it clear to everyone.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Btw Newcastle, I really thought Purge would come back. He's never went AWOL in a game before.

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle wrote: I'd like to hear more from Vorret & lassr i think.
Not much to go on right now. The train yesterday was getting rid of an absent player. Unagi was a good player so his elimination was not surprising.

I'm reading and thinking.

I've said it before and I will say it again, Scoop always sounds evil to me it's just hard figuring out when he really is evil.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Scoop20906 wrote:Btw Newcastle, I really thought Purge would come back. He's never went AWOL in a game before.
I was hoping he would. But you never know nowadays..people seem to wander off.
Bayraktar!!!!

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Vorret wrote:keeping Purge alive was a huge advantage to them.
Why? By lynching Purge the wolves got a free day to avoid being lynched and a night kill. If the village had focused on the active players then we would have had a shot at a wolf instead of killing Purge for the sole reason that he was absent.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Can everyone who hasn't already check in?

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Moliere wrote:
Why? By lynching Purge the wolves got a free day to avoid being lynched and a night kill. If the village had focused on the active players then we would have had a shot at a wolf instead of killing Purge for the sole reason that he was absent.
True, but, let's say we lynched someone else on day 1 just to give Purge some more time (let's say me for the sake of the argument). What would happen on day 2 if Purge stayed AWOL?
You can bet we'd be right there lynching Purge, that would have been a freebie and on day one it's easy to point the vote in one direction all it takes is one little out of context sentence and people are ready to pounce on you.
Isgrimnur wrote:
WarPig

Post by WarPig »

Newcastle wrote:All i could find on Unagi from his posting since the game started. Odd i thought he had another post. Ah well...must be me. I wasn't going to jump on a unagi train i was going to observe and see what he did, he seemed off...so was gonna let it play out.

The only people he mentions are vorret and lassr.....so the next question becomes....would those two as wolves...take out unagi because he's already sniffing at them? Or woudl they let it lie? OR was his death caused by his reputation? OR were the above two simple vilalgers set up for a frame job?

I'd like to hear more from Vorret & lassr i think.

oh withdraw  warpig 

kind of dickish to off him for the birthign reason.
I guess I should be used to the rubber band effect, I've been bouncing back and forth at home, why not here? :)
"Your test assignment will vary depending on the manner in which you have bent the world to your will." - Cave Johnson
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Vorret wrote:
Moliere wrote:
True, but, let's say we lynched someone else on day 1 just to give Purge some more time (let's say me for the sake of the argument). What would happen on day 2 if Purge stayed AWOL?
You can bet we'd be right there lynching Purge, that would have been a freebie and on day one it's easy to point the vote in one direction all it takes is one little out of context sentence and people are ready to pounce on you.
If we could be assured that Purge would show up and play, then waiting would have been preferred but that is not the case. So I prefer getting rid of him day one especially since we started with a day cycle. It is essentially turned out like we started with a night cycle with the Unagi death and this really being day one. We might could learn something from the Purge train but what? We really won't know until after the fact if there was any clue there.

Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

Newcastle wrote: All throughout the day Moliere was arguing that he thought Purge was a simple villager. In the end he was correct, but he had a certainty to it. Granted, it's a decent hunch..but we all know nothing at this point. I dont mind that he was arguing for not lynching purge...that's cool...but as a wolf would you put that out....i guess what i am trying to say his posts bother me.
These defenses of Purge were also being posted at a time when a lynch on the silent AWOL was already all but certain. It seems very performative somehow.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Lassr wrote:
Vorret wrote:
Moliere wrote:
If we could be assured that Purge would show up and play, then waiting would have been preferred but that is not the case. So I prefer getting rid of him day one especially since we started with a day cycle. It is essentially turned out like we started with a night cycle with the Unagi death and this really being day one. We might could learn something from the Purge train but what? We really won't know until after the fact if there was any clue there.
I agree 100% with you on that, that's why I'm saying a wolf would want us NOT to lynch him and instead get us to lynch another villager, buying them an extra day.
The only logical play was to nuke Purge and as you say, play it as if this was day with some extra bits of info.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Waiting for tru1cy to check in ...