Good Old Games deals

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Daehawk

Good Old Games deals

Post by Daehawk »

Right now the best deal is Anomaly Detected...a pack of both Anomoly games plus the 3 addons for $8.95.

http://www.gog.com/promo/big_winter_ano ... dle_111214

I already owned the first one on Steam but this is a steal. Steam still has the same pack at $30
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
GreenGoo

Re: Good Old Games deals

Post by GreenGoo »

It never really gelled for me. I bought the first one but I don't think I put more than 30 minutes into it.

I can see a great game there, but it didn't capture my imagination for whatever reason.

edit: Just checked. Yep, 14 minutes played.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

They just started their Summer 2015 sale, for anyone interested.

While all signs were pointing to the STEAM summer sale starting on 6/11, if they're seriously waiting until next week to kick things off everyone else might end up stealing their thunder.
We're starting with a splash and diving straight into 100+ titles on promo in twice-daily deals, deep-discount bundles, and with FREE games to unlock! With new deals appearing on the site every 12 hours, we'll have more than 100 offers every day up to 90% off. We also have a few fun surprises in store to keep things fresh and worth the regular trip back to the summer sale!

SimCity 2000 - free for everyone who spends at least $1.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky - free for everyone who spends at least $20.
Xenonauts - free for everyone who spends at least $50.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Does anyone think Divinity: Original Sin is going to go any lower? I've been wanting that game since release and it just won't drop significantly. $26 may be as good as it gets.

[Edit] Looks like historical low was $24.99 on GOG. I may go ahead and bite - I'd be surprised to see Steam go lower than 40%.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Smoove_B wrote:They just started their Summer 2015 sale, for anyone interested.

While all signs were pointing to the STEAM summer sale starting on 6/11, if they're seriously waiting until next week to kick things off everyone else might end up stealing their thunder.
That has been the pattern recently.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Grimrock II is on sale for $6. I'm really tempted, but I think I'd prefer to have it on Steam rather than GoG. Hopefully Steam has it up during the sale.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Jag

Post by Jag »

Blackhawk wrote:Grimrock II is on sale for $6. I'm really tempted, but I think I'd prefer to have it on Steam rather than GoG. Hopefully Steam has it up during the sale.
Finished it recently. Great deal at $6. Definitely needed some help on the puzzles with a walkthrough. Otherwise a good dungeon crawler.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I bought both Crusader games, Jade Empire, Act of War (Gold) and SFC Gold on GOG. Just for the heck of it. I already have the crusader games on Origin but Don't feel like loading Origin for those games. And I have Jade Empire on CD somewhere... but don't feel like digging them out.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Wasteland 2 for $15.99 is a historical low. I'm definitely in for that price.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The yhave a lot for sale but I own most everything hehe. G2A is having a big sale right now wit hsome really great prices on really good games.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Star Ruler 2 is $14.99. I remember 1 or 2 people suggesting this in the recent space strategy game threads. Too much for me personally as this is a very low level interest game (I have the first one, it was OK, but I have more games than time to play, and other games I'd rather buy).
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I passed on Wasteland 2 and Divinity Original Sin because I really want Steam versions and I'm hoping the Steam sale will have them at or near those same prices.

I did, however, pick up the Rollercoaster Tycoon bundle. $9.00 is a great price for that bundle, considering you rarely ever see Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 alone for under $20, despite its age. These are also the deluxe versions of each game so you get all the expansions and add-ons.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Thank you, Jag. I've been waiting a while for the Majesty 2 Collection to go on deep discount.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I saw Deadly Premonitions: The Director's Cut for less than 3 dollars and immediately sent off a few copies to friends. It's not a great game, it may not even be a good game, but it is a consistently hilarious piece of video game oddness that I can't recommend enough.
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Battle Realms is currently free.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Jag also didn't tell me that buying a game was going to get me simcity 2000 free. I suppose I can throw away that ancient CD now.

And thanks for the heads up on the gift. I need to come here and watch these threads. :oops:
Jag

Post by Jag »

LordMortis wrote:Jag also didn't tell me that buying a game was going to get me simcity 2000 free. I suppose I can throw away that ancient CD now.

And thanks for the heads up on the gift. I need to come here and watch these threads. :oops:
No problem. There are better places to watch gamedeals though.

2 of my favorite are

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/

http://isthereanydeal.com/

Considering the Steam sale starts tomorrow, everything deal related is going to be focused on the sale. Buying cheap games has become a meta game. I barely play anymore, just play the bargain game.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Jag wrote: Buying cheap games has become a meta game. I barely play anymore, just play the bargain game.
At least you've realized and admitted as much. I'm still struggling with that concept.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Carpet_pissr wrote:
Jag wrote: Buying cheap games has become a meta game. I barely play anymore, just play the bargain game.
At least you've realized and admitted as much. I'm still struggling with that concept.
I've learned to not beat myself up for it. If I buy three games in interested in on sale for $3 each and feel happy I bought them, great! Stay happy. If I end up only playing two of the three and for less than an hour each, no need to fret. Spending $9 for a couple hours at a video game arcade would feel like money well spent, so why feel like it was a waste spending it on brief dabbling with these two games?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

GreenGoo wrote:It never really gelled for me. I bought the first one but I don't think I put more than 30 minutes into it.

I can see a great game there, but it didn't capture my imagination for whatever reason.

edit: Just checked. Yep, 14 minutes played.
Time for a refund? Nah. :D
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

wonderpug wrote:I've learned to not beat myself up for it. If I buy three games in interested in on sale for $3 each and feel happy I bought them, great! Stay happy. If I end up only playing two of the three and for less than an hour each, no need to fret. Spending $9 for a couple hours at a video game arcade would feel like money well spent, so why feel like it was a waste spending it on brief dabbling with these two games?
I justify it by the fact that I don't really have any expensive hobbies. I don't work on cars, I don't buy a lot of fancy clothes, I don't go out to bars. The amount of money I spend on myself vs the amount I bring into the household is really low compared to a lot of people. And considering my choice of where to go to lunch on any given day could mean the difference on whether I spend $6 or $15, I don't see buying a $5 or $10 game every now and then as much of a problem.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

For me personally, it's not the cost of the games at all, it's the fact that I'm continuing to buy them when I have probably a year's worth of EXCELLENT games sitting there, waiting for me to get to them.

It's like my Mom who buys, for some crazy reason, just a ludicrous amount of flour, or sugar, or "insert grocery special of the day here". When asked, "Mom, why did you buy 8 bags of flour?! You already have like 5 in your pantry, and you don't even bake!"

Answer? "They were on sale!"

Pretty sure it's just the act of buying, and not the thing itself at some point.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Just a heads up on a new good sale going on. Part of it is all classic Bethesda games are in packs for sale like 66% off...Fallout.....Retro shooter pack..like Dooms and such.....Elder Scrolls pack.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I love GoG, but I really wish they'd stop tying their best deals to packs. It is rare that there is a pack that I want where I don't already own several of the games. Net result: Either I spend more than the games I actually need are worth in order to get them on sale, or else there is never a sale at GoG.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

I actually like that they'll take into account what games youve already bought in the bundle, and discount that amount (as opposed to Steam, where when buying a bundle, you have to pay the same cost even if you have games in the bundle already).
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Yes I very much like that part.
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Carpet_pissr wrote:For me personally, it's not the cost of the games at all, it's the fact that I'm continuing to buy them when I have probably a year's worth of EXCELLENT games sitting there, waiting for me to get to them.

It's like my Mom who buys, for some crazy reason, just a ludicrous amount of flour, or sugar, or "insert grocery special of the day here". When asked, "Mom, why did you buy 8 bags of flour?! You already have like 5 in your pantry, and you don't even bake!"

Answer? "They were on sale!"

Pretty sure it's just the act of buying, and not the thing itself at some point.
True, but games will keep; food won't.
I like having 250+ games owned on GOG, so I can just browse and pick out exactly the game I feel like playing at that moment.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Defiant wrote:I actually like that they'll take into account what games youve already bought in the bundle, and discount that amount (as opposed to Steam, where when buying a bundle, you have to pay the same cost even if you have games in the bundle already).
Yes, I've taken advantage of that deal quite often.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

"Metro 2033 Redux" and "Metro: Last Light Redux" are on sale now for $4.99 each.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Thanks for the heads up on those Giles. I own Metro 2033 (original version) but never got around to playing it before the Redux version came out. For $10 I'm in for the full set.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Own the originals and finished them both twice. Then got the redux ones . Still not tried them.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

GOG continues it's quest to out-Steam Steam when it comes to sales: The Big Winter Sale starts today.
500+ deals up to 90% off, $3 mystery games, and free games just for shopping.

A jocund flame swallows up the cold, cold streams of outside air. The holidays are coming, and everyone begins to feel a little more generous, a little more kind, and a little bit giddy. We're feeling it too, because this time around, winter came to GOG.com before it was cool.

The Holiday Ninja Squirrel (have you met her yet?) brings a generous surprise for all with $3 Mystery Games from the GOG.com catalog, each worth between $9.99 and $34.99. These games won't be part of the regular sale lineup, and unowned games will be prioritized to minimize repeats. We're starting out with a pool of 50+ games, but we'll be adding more throughout the sale - we'll let you know when that happens.

48-hour Launch Fest

We're kicking off the sale with 48 hours of big bundles that you just couldn't stop bugging us for. So set your lasers to hype, the STAR WARS catalog is here up to 77% off, including the X-Wing & TIE Fighter series, Galactic Battlegrounds Saga, Knights of the Old Republic I + II, Battlefront II, and more. At up to 75% off, head back to the Lucasfilm classics, including Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Sam & Max Hit the Road, Outlaws, The Secret of Monkey Island, and more. Finally, there's also the Divine Pack, featuring Beyond Divinity, Divinity 2, and Dragon Commander Imperial at up to 85% off.

Earn free games while shopping in the Big Winter Sale. Whether to keep for yourself or to surprise a friend, you'll get a free copy of Divine Divinity after spending $5, and Blackguards Special Edition after spending $50 or more.

Following the 48-hour launch offer, all bundles and deals will change every 24 hours. With a few surprises in store, check back daily to see what's new in the GOG.com Big Winter Sale!
The sale will last for 11 days, until December 13, 1:59 PM GMT / 2:59 PM CET / 5:59 AM PST / 8:59 AM EST.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Hipolito

Post by Hipolito »

Max Peck wrote:GOG continues it's quest to out-Steam Steam when it comes to sales: The Big Winter Sale starts today.
This post in the GOG forum shows what games people have gotten as mystery games.

Unable to resist a mystery, I bought one and got Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians. Nuts. I already have that game in a Humble Bundle.

I skimmed the HTML source of the checkout page to see if that would reveal the mystery game before I bought it (a trick that worked in last year's Luck of the Irish sale), but I didn't notice it.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Hipolito wrote:
Max Peck wrote:GOG continues it's quest to out-Steam Steam when it comes to sales: The Big Winter Sale starts today.
This post in the GOG forum shows what games people have gotten as mystery games.

Unable to resist a mystery, I bought one and got Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians. Nuts. I already have that game in a Humble Bundle.

I skimmed the HTML source of the checkout page to see if that would reveal the mystery game before I bought it (a trick that worked in last year's Luck of the Irish sale), but I didn't notice it.

Yea....GOG has way too many crap games for me to take a chance on this.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

The big problem with GoG when it comes to both bundles and things like this is that I own a lot of their games, but not through them. I have them on disk or through Steam. It makes 'bonus' games much more likely to be useless, and prevents me from ever taking real advantage of their bundles (and the really good discounts usually only apply to bundles.)

The bundles take into account what you already own. If you have five of the eight games in a bundle, you still get the full discount on the other three, but it doesn't work if you don't own them through GoG.
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Blackhawk wrote:The big problem with GoG when it comes to both bundles and things like this is that I own a lot of their games, but not through them. I have them on disk or through Steam. ..
Of the close to 300 games I have on GOG, I probably have around 250 of them on disk in the original box. And in those cases, I'm glad to have a version that doesn't rely on on-disk copy protection or legacy hardware to run properly. Just hit "install" and go!

On the other hand, I've probably spent $1,000 for that convenience on top of the money I put down for the original games. I don't think I've been selective enough in choosing to duplicate games I will actually play again.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

stimpy wrote:
Hipolito wrote:

Yea....GOG has way too many crap games for me to take a chance on this.
I bit too. Ended up with a game called Anodyne.
I'll let you all know if its any good when I get around to playing it in 4 years.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i tried four Mystery Games, purchasing them as 'gifts' so i could trade any away that i didn't want. this is risky, because it doesn't check your current GOG library for ones you already own and thus avoid giving you those. i was hoping for Agarest, Apotheon, one of the new King's Bounty titles or even Massive Assault.

i did ok with two:

Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition (i've been wanting this, since i own the originals for MS-DOS and 3D0)
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (also one that i wanted)

duplicates:

Shadowrun Returns
(which i have on Steam, but i wanted a DRM-free version anyways, so i redeemed it)
Anodyne (which is a good game that i also have on Steam. gifting it to someone who will probably appreciate)
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

GOG is giving away a free game (for a few more hours) -- Giants: Citizen Kabuto

You can claim it here or from the main store page in Galaxy, up until the end of the Winter Sale.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
KDH

Post by KDH »

:horse: Consortium Master Edition ... FREE

for the next 6 hours ... (sorry)

consortium_the_master_edition
Ain't nobody got time for that