Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

hepcat

Re: Bill Cosby... Finally

Post by hepcat »

pr0ner wrote:
Jeff V wrote:
LawBeefaroni wrote:
Seven of the women sued Cosby for defamation. That resulted in Cosby's counterclaim.
Were these 7 women famous before doing the nasty with Uncle Bill? If not, wouldn't this be..um...enfamation?

I figured these 7 were just ugly. If I were going down because of a sex scandal, I don't think I'd want the victims to be ugly. When risking ones fame and fortune, it damn well better be worth it. Maybe the other 43 are hotties, and these 7 are notties.
JeffV, the OO bastion of class.
I just saw this. When even I would rethink posting something like that, you know it's pretty tasteless. :wink:
He won. Period.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

KKBlue wrote:Noticed something on Twitter. Then when telcta brought to my attention, I did a quick search and found:

An arrest warrant has been issued for entertainer Bill Cosby for allegedly drugging and sexually assaulting former Temple employee Andrea Constand at his Elkins Park, Pennsylvania mansion in January 2004, Montgomery County District Attorney-Elect Kevin Steele said at a Wednesday press conference.
Background:

By Kathy Ehrich Dowd and Nicole Weisensee Egan
07/28/2015 AT 07:30 PM EDT

The attorney for Andrea Constand, the first woman whose sexual abuse allegations against Bill Cosby went public a decade ago, has filed a new motion in federal court denying Constand violated their confidentiality agreement after a 2006 settlement and denying she consented to being drugged and sexually assaulted by him.

In the filing, attorney Dolores Troiani slams Cosby as a narcissist who didn't realize Constand (who was in a relationship with a woman at the time of the alleged assault) is gay.

"In his narcissistic view of the world, defendant believes that plaintiff's every Tweet must be about him," Troiani wrote. "He is as perceptive in this belief as he claims to be in his interpretation of non-verbal cues from women he wants to seduce.

"As defendant admits in his deposition, despite his talent for interpreting female reactions to him, he did not realize plaintiff was gay until the police told him," she wrote.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

Thank you for more information LawBeef. This guy is amazing. And speaking about amazing... wow JeffV, wow.
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Good luck proving what happened on a given night 11 years ago beyond a reasonable doubt.
Black Lives Matter.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Maybe JeffV is angling for a position in the Trump administration.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

KKBlue wrote:Thank you for more information LawBeef. This guy is amazing. And speaking about amazing... wow JeffV, wow.
All of the late night hosts can rip on Cosby but I can't? Well, bite me. :evil:
Black Lives Matter
Rip

Post by Rip »

Jeff V wrote:
KKBlue wrote:Thank you for more information LawBeef. This guy is amazing. And speaking about amazing... wow JeffV, wow.
Calling his victims ugly is ripping on Cosby?

Just sayin.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Rip wrote:
Jeff V wrote:

Just sayin.
Were they? I was asking the question, not calling them specifically. I was ripping Cosby for suing them and wondering under what circumstances a sex offender would sue the victim.
Black Lives Matter
tgb

Post by tgb »

Jeff V wrote:
Were they? I was asking the question, not calling them specifically.
JeffV wrote:I figured these 7 were just ugly.
Yes, you were.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Rip wrote:
Jeff V wrote:

Just sayin.
I believe our resident expert on ripping on the looks of women has spoken.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Unagi wrote:
Rip wrote:
Jeff V wrote:

Just sayin.
I believe our resident expert on ripping on the looks of women has spoken.
I don't think I have ever referred to the victims of a rapist as ugly, just the wife of one.

:coffee:
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

Jeff V wrote:Well, bite me.
:roll:
Only looking for more sensitivity. Perhaps a reread of what has been typed out before clicking submit?
There is no need to fly off the handle and post such ugly things when people have been done wrong. I could not let the immature comments go and had to chime in.
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
tgb

Post by tgb »

KKBlue wrote:
Jeff V wrote:Well, bite me.
:roll:
Only looking for more sensitivity. Perhaps a reread of what has been typed out before clicking submit?
There is no need to fly off the handle and post such ugly things when people have been done wrong. I could not let the immature comments go and had to chime in.
You need to understand that as God's gift to women JeffV has the highest of standards. Before he got married he only went to the finest strip clubs.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Rip wrote:
I don't think I have ever referred to the victims of a rapist as ugly, just the wife of one.

If you're referring to I think you are, there are a lot of terms that could correctly be used about his affairs, but I don't think "rape" is one of them.
Rip

Post by Rip »

tgb wrote:
Rip wrote:

If you're referring to I think you are, there are a lot of terms that could correctly be used about his affairs, but I don't think "rape" is one of them.
I'm sure Juanita Broaddrick sees it differently.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Rip wrote:
tgb wrote:
Rip wrote:

I'm sure Juanita Broaddrick sees it differently.
Somehow that's one I missed. Point taken.
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

Jeff V wrote:
Rip wrote:
Jeff V wrote:

Just sayin.
Were they? I was asking the question, not calling them specifically. I was ripping Cosby for suing them and wondering under what circumstances a sex offender would sue the victim.
Blog post by Patton Oswalt eventually comes around to touch on the subject of rape jokes, and considering exactly who you are making the butt of the joke. It's a good read.

http://www.pattonoswalt.com/index.cfm?id=167&page=spew
wot?

To be fair, adolescent power fantasy tripe is way easier to write than absurd existential horror, and every community has got to start somewhere... right?

Unless one loses a precious thing, he will never know its true value. A little light finally scratches the darkness; it lets the exhausted one face his shattered dream and realize his path cannot be walked. Can man live happily without embracing his wounded heart?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CS Monitor
Bill Cosby has been granted a temporary win in the legal firestorm that has surrounded him for more than a year.

On Thursday, a federal judge dismissed the defamation lawsuit that Renita Hill, a resident of Pennsylvania, had brought against the now-controversial comedian.

The lawsuit charged that Mr. Cosby defamed her in comments he, his wife, and his legal team made in 2014. That year, Ms. Hill went public in an interview with a local news station with accusations that he had sexually assaulted her.
US District Judge Arthur Schwab said that Cosby’s remarks, as well as those made by his wife and legal team, were constitutionally protected opinions and could not be proven to be defamatory.
Because the defamation lawsuit was dismissed with prejudice, Hill cannot amend and re-file it, but her attorney said that he plans to appeal, the Associated Press reports.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CNN
During a pretrial hearing Tuesday, a Pennsylvania judge found enough evidence to proceed with a trial. If convicted, Cosby faces up to 10 years in prison.

Cosby's next court date will be July 20.

Cosby faces three counts of felony indecent assault from a 2004 case involving Andrea Constand, an employee at his alma mater, Temple University.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

Thank you Isgrimnur.
The man obviously has a problem that no one has helped him control for many years. Really rather fascinating how sexual abuse is still such an issue with regards to men not being accountable for their actions, especially those in power.
Proud of the women and media for helping bring much deserved attention to an act needing to change in society.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

KKBlue wrote:The man obviously has a problem that no one has helped him control for many years.
His "problem" appears to be that he is a serial rapist.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

ImLawBoy wrote:
KKBlue wrote:The man obviously has a problem that no one has helped him control for many years.

Well played. Well played. :clap: :lol:
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

JSHAW wrote:
ImLawBoy wrote:
I think a jail sentence, if proven guilty, is the best way anyone can help him control his problem. As it is, too, his spell of celebrity has been broken and no one else will happily wander into his home and sip his wine/cappuccino/kool-aid.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Holman

Post by Holman »

If you haven't seen Judd Apatow skewering Bill Cosby, it's totally worth it.

The routine starts about 2:30.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Speaking of skewering Cosby, remember when Eddie Murphy used to be funny? (NSFW)
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

Paingod wrote:
JSHAW wrote:
ImLawBoy wrote:
I think a jail sentence, if proven guilty, is the best way anyone can help him control his problem. As it is, too, his spell of celebrity has been broken and no one else will happily wander into his home and sip his wine/cappuccino/kool-aid.
Please know my post was heavily edited.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I don't know about you guys, but I'm starting to think there might be something to all these allegations.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I knew it was white people's fault somehow!
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

This could prove his innocence:
Bill Cosby's defense attorneys declare he is legally blind in a new motion filed in a Pennsylvania court,
He couldn't have done all those things, he was too busy getting blind from... well... you know...
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

If I'm ever on trial for assault, I guess I could at least get a mistrial for putting my hands over my eyes.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

tgb wrote:Speaking of skewering Cosby, remember when Eddie Murphy used to be funny? (NSFW)
I remember that when he did it. I even owned the cassette of it. Him and Cosby back then were funny as hell.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Judge: Prosecutors can use Cosby's deposition at trial
Damaging testimony that Bill Cosby gave in an accuser's lawsuit, including admissions that he gave young women drugs and alcohol before sex, can be used at his criminal sex assault trial, a judge ruled Monday.

The defense had insisted that Cosby only testified after being promised he wouldn't be charged over his 2004 encounter with accuser Andrea Constand. But his lawyers at the time never had an immunity agreement or put anything in writing.

"This court concludes that there was neither an agreement nor a promise not to prosecute, only an exercise of prosecutorial discretion," Montgomery County Judge Steven O'Neill wrote in his ruling.

Cosby, 79, acknowledged in the 2006 deposition that he had a string of extramarital relationships with young women. He called them consensual, but many of the women say they were drugged and molested.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

GreenGoo wrote:
Civil trial incoming.
His lawyers have to be super excited.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Bill Cosby's Daughter Ensa Dead at 44
12:34 PM PT -- A rep for Cosby states Ensa died from renal disease.

Bill Cosby's daughter, Ensa, who steadfastly supported her dad through his legal troubles, has died ... TMZ has learned.

The 44-year-old died Friday night in Massachusetts ... sources tell TMZ.

Ensa was always in her dad's corner, releasing a statement last year, "My father has been publicly lynched in the media and my family, my young daughter, my young niece and nephew have had to stand helplessly by and watch the double standard or pretending to protect the rights of some but ignoring the rights of others."
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

No father should lose their children.
naednek

Post by naednek »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:42 am No father should lose their children.
or mother...
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:42 am No father should lose their children.
Just think about how blessed we are to live in the tiny slice of human history where we can say such a thing.