How is your career going?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

LordMortis

Re: How is your career going?

Post by LordMortis »

:( I feel for you. My CPAP doesn't work great for me. I'm hoping I can lose like 70 or 80 pounds once I stop working over the course of a year or whatever and that this will decrease my need for one and improve my afternoon ability to function.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I have an initial interview lined up tomorrow... I'm going off tech again into service industry. One would be helping a local doctor's group (only blocks from my place) handle insurance inquiries from members. My backup job from that is to do a Chinatown foodie tour 3-4 days a week for a couple hours, and pick up some work at home writing or doing web pages. Pay would be less, but with no commute expenses and I going on MediCAL I may be able to get a new CPAP once I'm seen by my primary care physician.

------

I may have passed my first-round interview but I'm not sure about my chances in the 2nd round.

The Chinatown foodie tour Zoom interview is coming Monday.

------

I am seeing some technical support jobs but my previous rejections are making me doubt my abilities to hold a technical job.

-----

Seems to have done okay with the Sidewalk Food Tour folks going through Chinatown, he'll send me a script and I'm to rewrite it and sorta memorize enough so I can recite the story. Then if I can shadow a group with an existing guide I may be able to do a tour... 75 per 3 hour tour, plus tip. But it's only 4 days a week, at most. OTOH, it keeps me on my feet and will probably help me lose weight, as long as I don't eat everything I come across. :D

Seems I also applied to be a desk clerk / member services at CSAA (AAA) and I know they have a San Francisco location. I'm just not sure where they moved to. Checking Google shows they have 3 locations... One of which is VERY far...
Last edited by Kasey Chang on Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I had about given up on my career ever getting back on track -- I'd received approximately no calls on jobs I've applied for in nearly 2 months. I took steps this month that paid off all of our debt aside from the house, ostensibly making it possible for us to live on my wife's salary (and then in the past few days some drama at her job called into question the security of that income for the first time...but I don't think there will be a problem). It's just that without any income of my own, our lifestyle is going to have to become much more minimalist.

One reason for paying all the debt was to give me the freedom to take any sort of crap job that will bring in anything at all, preferable something that works with my wife's schedule so we aren't paying anything for child care. On the crap job alert emails I get, one recurring one was from a drug delivery company, with rather outlandish claims as to how well it paid. I ignored them, until two weeks ago my wife brought home the name of the company and said she talked to the delivery guy, it does pay well and you work whatever hours you want and it's very easy (no heaving lifting). I found that company's ad that I've been ignoring (it was the same one), applied...and for a company stating they had an urgent need, crickets so far. I've been pondering the help wanted poster at my favorite booze barn -- the company discount alone might make it reasonable, and they even offer 401K match (something my old company did not do).

The other day a recruiter from a company who never did anything aside from jack me around since I was first in touch with them over 20 years ago called about an IT job that, well, I would probably be ideal for. Not more ideal than others that came and went in vain, but ideal nonetheless. This is the 3rd time this recruiter has contacted me about a job -- the others were less than ideal and never went beyond the discussion phase. This time she has me hooked up with an HR interview on Monday. Usually I get past those, so we'll see where it leads. It's a hybrid job, 3 days in the office, 2 days at home. So it looks like I wait a while longer to see if there is any chance I can get back into IT, but it's been so long now (over a year and a half) that my confidence has eroded.
Black Lives Matter
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Jeff V wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:43 pm I had about given up on my career ever getting back on track -- I'd received approximately no calls on jobs I've applied for in nearly 2 months. I took steps this month that paid off all of our debt aside from the house, ostensibly making it possible for us to live on my wife's salary (and then in the past few days some drama at her job called into question the security of that income for the first time...but I don't think there will be a problem). It's just that without any income of my own, our lifestyle is going to have to become much more minimalist.

One reason for paying all the debt was to give me the freedom to take any sort of crap job that will bring in anything at all, preferable something that works with my wife's schedule so we aren't paying anything for child care. On the crap job alert emails I get, one recurring one was from a drug delivery company, with rather outlandish claims as to how well it paid. I ignored them, until two weeks ago my wife brought home the name of the company and said she talked to the delivery guy, it does pay well and you work whatever hours you want and it's very easy (no heaving lifting). I found that company's ad that I've been ignoring (it was the same one), applied...and for a company stating they had an urgent need, crickets so far. I've been pondering the help wanted poster at my favorite booze barn -- the company discount alone might make it reasonable, and they even offer 401K match (something my old company did not do).

The other day a recruiter from a company who never did anything aside from jack me around since I was first in touch with them over 20 years ago called about an IT job that, well, I would probably be ideal for. Not more ideal than others that came and went in vain, but ideal nonetheless. This is the 3rd time this recruiter has contacted me about a job -- the others were less than ideal and never went beyond the discussion phase. This time she has me hooked up with an HR interview on Monday. Usually I get past those, so we'll see where it leads. It's a hybrid job, 3 days in the office, 2 days at home. So it looks like I wait a while longer to see if there is any chance I can get back into IT, but it's been so long now (over a year and a half) that my confidence has eroded.
Nice! Congrats! Good luck! Try to get on some anti-depressants before then!
I joke a lot on here, but that I mean seriously, based on what you posted in another thread. This is not a drive-by, holier-than-thou, decree - more like "ask me how I know!" thing. I am currently and/or have been in a VERY similar situation to yours, including the foreign born wife (minus the cultural requirement by Filipinos, much like Indians, to send money home, thankfully).

One big difference in our situation is that you apparently have not taken any of the crap jobs you are currently considering, after a career of white collar work. So in that regard, I am way ahead of you, as I have pretty much done it all at this point (not as much out of necessity for money, but to just do SOMEthing): delivery for various services (although I've never done it for medical purposes), construction, census taking, USPS (!), probably a couple of others. Oh, SHOPPING for other people.

I went from working basically my own hours, in a corner office on the 17th floor of the tallest building in my downtown, making enough money to never have to think about it, 401K match, 5 weeks vacation, cadillac healthcare plan, etc. to....Door Dash, etc. :D

Go big (when failing) or go home! Apparently I tend to live in the extremes, or it seems to always work out that way.

If the pattern holds, I will probably be a nuclear physicist next, followed by a sanitation worker.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:49 am If the pattern holds, I will probably be a nuclear physicist next, followed by a sanitation worker.
That's quite a variety! With arthritis and other aches, physical labor is probably beyond my capacity for a full time basis (and that's mainly what's keeping me from applying at the booze barn! Well, that and the fact it's unlikely the schedule will be flexible enough to accommodate my caring for the children -- paying someone to fill-in would cost more than I'd make at such a job).
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I was just informed they bumped the new hire start from today until next week. No one in food chain has been informed yet. Looks like they won't give anyone any time to prepare. That's just dumb. I've been jumping since the new year at them to tell people, but nope. I'm not sure how flexible I will be with regard to staying on after the end of the month.
RenoSportsMan

Post by RenoSportsMan »

Thanks for Spamming!
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I had posted awhile back about how our hospital got bought out by a bigger network, and I had some trepidation that my job could be on the line after we finished merging networks and mail systems in a couple of years.

My team recently got assurance from leadership that we weren't going anywhere. Due to the lean teams on their side and the anticipated growth over the next few years, they are starving for talent and experience. No change in job duties anticipated, we'll just have backup resources now that we never had before with the doubling of our team.

In addition, my manager wound up getting the employees from the larger system, so I'm not even going to have a change in boss which is amazing. I know nothing in life is guaranteed, but they went a long way in easing our worries about the changes this merger would bring.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:57 am I was just informed they bumped the new hire start from today until next week. No one in food chain has been informed yet. Looks like they won't give anyone any time to prepare. That's just dumb. I've been jumping since the new year at them to tell people, but nope. I'm not sure how flexible I will be with regard to staying on after the end of the month.
The main IT staff throughout the greater company and top local management are now informed. Better late than never. We may actually transition in threeish weeks. New guy appeared to have a good head no his shoulders, so this is not impossible, except for the software suite I maintain. Now is when local sources are asking me to put together this that and the other and I'm like *shrug*. The good news is my boss informs me the if I start a new month my health care will be covered until the end of the month and I don't need to pay for it. Also, she says I can get COBRA for 18 months even though I was the one terminating my employment. As expensive as that it is, it's a relief, if only because ACA is still a complete mystery and my exit date is still in question. I'm likely to say screw it and stay on COBRA until the 2022/23 sign up period (October?)
telcta

Post by telcta »

You losing healthcare coverage because you’re leaving your job should be considered a special enrollment period and you can sign up for ACA anytime after open enrollment is over. Even though COBRA is offered, you should still be eligible for ACA since your income will be drastically reduced for 2022 (unless you keep working as a contractor or you made so much from Jan-Mar that you’re outside of the yearly income threshold). You could go through the application process and the questions you answer will determine your eligibility… and you don’t have to commit to anything.

Healthcare was, and continues to be, my source of angst (it’s up there with watching the stock market wobble)… I always fear I’m doing something wrong and will be hit with an unexpected bill after taxes are filed.

And congratulations on sticking with your March departure… that’s great to hear.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

telcta wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:00 pm You losing healthcare coverage because you’re leaving your job should be considered a special enrollment period and you can sign up for ACA anytime after open enrollment is over. Even though COBRA is offered, you should still be eligible for ACA since your income will be drastically reduced for 2022
the government site suggests I have up to 30 days before or after the end of my employment to take advantage of special enrolment but the details get hazy after that, which makes me nervous. So I'm glad I have options. Now I just figure out the specifics of each option. Sadly, the ACA don't seem let you get specifics until you go to sign up. I believe I am eligible but not for any subsidy because they make me enter my 2021 income.

Healthcare was, and continues to be, my source of angst (it’s up there with watching the stock market wobble)… I always fear I’m doing something wrong and will be hit with an unexpected bill after taxes are filed.
If I still drank, we'd need a beer together because that's gonna be me shortly and until I'm 65.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Speaking of ACA... Apparently my income was too low to even qualify for ACA. I went straight to Medi-CAL.

It seems I may have something about story telling, so at least I know I won't starve when I do Chinatown food tours. But it's only 75 a day (for 3 hours) plus tip for 3-4 days a week. I need a part-time gig WFH for the rest of my free time. Maybe I can get into podcasting or vidcasting.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

I know its a first world problem and even a privileged first world problem but the ACA stuff is a mess. I'm retiring early in June. I figured I'd be able to do some planning now for health care costs but the government says basically Nope!

The reason I can retire early is because I have investments outside of my IRAs. But that means my income is variable year to year. Looking over my past few year it looks like I might be below the ACA limit some years and above in other years. So I can't really do good budgeting because it might be relatively cheap or it might be expensive. Nicely enough the cliff has been legislated away as part of Covid relief so it is either cheap or sort of medium right now but the cliff returns in 2023. Or not if the BBB bill is passed. Adding to this is that I have state extended coverage from teaching that is more expensive than the subsidized ACA but cheaper than the unsubsidized version if the cliff returns. The catch is that if I ever give it up I lose it forever.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Kasey Chang wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:30 pm Speaking of ACA... Apparently my income was too low to even qualify for ACA. I went straight to Medi-CAL.

It seems I may have something about story telling, so at least I know I won't starve when I do Chinatown food tours. But it's only 75 a day (for 3 hours) plus tip for 3-4 days a week. I need a part-time gig WFH for the rest of my free time. Maybe I can get into podcasting or vidcasting.
People warn me of that. I have no idea what that means yet.
Madmarcus wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:26 am I know its a first world problem and even a privileged first world problem but the ACA stuff is a mess. I'm retiring early in June. I figured I'd be able to do some planning now for health care costs but the government says basically Nope!

The reason I can retire early is because I have investments outside of my IRAs. But that means my income is variable year to year. Looking over my past few year it looks like I might be below the ACA limit some years and above in other years. So I can't really do good budgeting because it might be relatively cheap or it might be expensive. Nicely enough the cliff has been legislated away as part of Covid relief so it is either cheap or sort of medium right now but the cliff returns in 2023. Or not if the BBB bill is passed. Adding to this is that I have state extended coverage from teaching that is more expensive than the subsidized ACA but cheaper than the unsubsidized version if the cliff returns. The catch is that if I ever give it up I lose it forever.
Oh do I feel ya. I'll let you know what/if I find out anything along the way.

I packed my stuff. My "office" is no longer mine. Company wide announcement went out. My boss sent her department in to clean and organize for the new hire start on Monday. We're a long way off. And I'm not putting in extra work for this stuff. That's not negotiable. The idea that I will work harder for the privilege of not walking out the door leaving the company on the hook is laughable.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:28 am I did not get promoted, but there is hope that it could happen at some point in the future. A hope I have not entertained in approx a decade. Last year I passed the midpoint of the salary range for my current position. This year they moved the midpoint up almost 30% (!!!). I am at ~80% of the midpoint. Our target range is 90-110%. I hope they decide I need to be pushed into that target range sooner. We all got a 6-12% adjustment this summer due to market pressures and merit raises this year are targeted around double what they normally target. I may keep up with inflation after all.
6% bump last summer. 18.9% bump for year end putting me at 95% of the midpoint well above my expectations. That is not something I have said often.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:42 pm Oh do I feel ya. I'll let you know what/if I find out anything along the way.
I'll return the favor if I figure out anything useful. As it is I'll probably punt and simply pay the going rate for the extended care. It's basically throwing money are the complications to make them go away but unless the cliff continues to be removed it is close to a wash.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Madmarcus wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:49 am
LordMortis wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:42 pm Oh do I feel ya. I'll let you know what/if I find out anything along the way.
I'll return the favor if I figure out anything useful. As it is I'll probably punt and simply pay the going rate for the extended care. It's basically throwing money are the complications to make them go away but unless the cliff continues to be removed it is close to a wash.
Yeah, my boss says I can have Cobra for 18 months and that is what I'm looking at... for now. Same thing.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

First day of training new guy. Got very little done but I'm exhausted.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

My raise murdered my 401k. I went from 11x my salary to 9x my salary in one day! /notsohumblebrag
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:15 pm My raise murdered my 401k. I went from 11x my salary to 9x my salary in one day! /notsohumblebrag
Why would your raise affect your 401K total negatively?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

do the math, he is saying his 401k now needs to be filled with more cash to still represent the old "11x earnings" he used to have going.

Sounds like a +20% raise
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Yeah, just being a dork. :) Apparently my career is going well.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Ah....I assumed he just put the extra in the 401k, which should keep him at 11x and still be able to maintain his flashy lifestyle.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I did bump my 401k up to max it out. I dropped my contributions to get the max match when I bought my Tesla and finally moving it back up now. I get the ability to put catch-up money in my 401k soon.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Yeah, the not so humble brag and impressive contribution or growth. I don't make nearly as much coop, I had my 401K maxed for years plus company contributions and my 401k is maybe 6x my annual salary. I'm hoping it's 11x-12x by the time start making withdraws but I don't think that's a realistic hope unless everything goes on a tear again and stays there. 2008-2009 destroyed my 401k and 10 years of contributions. The investment firm recommended lifestyle funds were garbage and were never bouncing back. I lost over 70% of my money and it never resurfaced. I've had a real hard time trusting advisors and experts since then. I should have found ND and his "just put it all in SPY and forget about it" in 1998 when I started building my 401k. It's be crazy better than it is today.
stessier

Post by stessier »

stimpy wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:30 pm Ah....I assumed he just put the extra in the 401k, which should keep him at 11x and still be able to maintain his flashy lifestyle.
With the 401k limits, it's most likely he's already maxed out contributions. And in that case, the value of his 401k likely depends far more on its yearly natural growth than it does on his contributions.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

stessier wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:35 pm
stimpy wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:30 pm Ah....I assumed he just put the extra in the 401k, which should keep him at 11x and still be able to maintain his flashy lifestyle.
With the 401k limits, it's most likely he's already maxed out contributions. And in that case, the value of his 401k likely depends far more on its yearly natural growth than it does on his contributions.
Yep, recent years my 401k has made more than I have and my contributions at I think 13.5% including matching (6% from me, 7.5% from company) are a tiny fraction of that.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

When I hit 65, the word on my check stub changes from 'disability' to 'retirement.' The day I get it doesn't change, the amount doesn't change. I've essentially been living off a SS check without savings for 20 years now.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Had another interview last week. They were looking for an IT guy with experience with business relationship management -- I only have about 15 years experience with the exact thing they are looking for, but I assume again, they want someone twice the experience and half my age. Was supposed to hear back last Friday. Crickets...

Two weeks ago I sent an application to a company that expressed an urgent need for a pharmacy delivery driver. I saw the advertisement on this job earlier, but my wife got a recommendation from the dude who delivers drugs at her job, and he said they were desperate for drivers and he was making an absurd amount of money doing so. I figured at half what he said would still be pretty good, and work doesn't get much easier than that. I applied...and crickets. At this point, I'm not sure what I could do make an income of any sort...
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I hear there's a vacancy at 7-11...
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Jeff V wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:50 pm Had another interview last week. They were looking for an IT guy with experience with business relationship management -- I only have about 15 years experience with the exact thing they are looking for, but I assume again, they want someone twice the experience and half my age. Was supposed to hear back last Friday. Crickets...

Two weeks ago I sent an application to a company that expressed an urgent need for a pharmacy delivery driver. I saw the advertisement on this job earlier, but my wife got a recommendation from the dude who delivers drugs at her job, and he said they were desperate for drivers and he was making an absurd amount of money doing so. I figured at half what he said would still be pretty good, and work doesn't get much easier than that. I applied...and crickets. At this point, I'm not sure what I could do make an income of any sort...
Are your skills translatable to consulting work?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Had a meeting with the sister companies to introduce my replacement. There was a quick attempt to turn the discussion to how I was going to be screwing the company and I was going to have to... and then my boss' boss put the kabosh on that quick, knowing full well that was the exact sort of thing to get me to walk out the door. He offered 2.5x salary to stay two more months and 2.5x hourly based on salary to consult on call and to pay my health insurance for the year. He rightly knew that I'm a fool and am exhausted and would turn him down. I likely still will stay into March though. They need a fuck ton more than can be given for me to exit in three weeks. I'm not sure how I'm going to play it. I'm just sooo friggen tired and training someone is even more exhausting than doing the work that is piling up while I'm training someone. Putting in the extra time isn't option.

I guess izzy did my negotiating for me even before I had a chance to and I'm just an idiot for saying no.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

I would maybe consider taking a month off to see how "retirement" feels. If it's enough to recharge your batteries and your current company still needs your help, then taking the 2x salary and insurance deal. If a month doesnt cut it, just move on.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

stimpy wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:16 pm I would maybe consider taking a month off to see how "retirement" feels. If it's enough to recharge your batteries and your current company still needs your help, then taking the 2x salary and insurance deal. If a month doesnt cut it, just move on.
It won't be. I know that. I don't think two or three months will be. I'm exhausted. By the time I'm in anything worthwhile of a shape they will have had to have moved on. I'm going to do what I can to do right by the people/company that supported me but there are a large amount of things that aren't negotiable. Extra hours or taking shit? Those are the top of list. Doing even more than a single task come March 1st? That's right below it. I'm also likely to only be working three days at most at that time. I haven't figured it out yet. Once I do, it won't be negotiable either. The thing is, I am failing the company and doing them a favor by gracefully exiting before everything truly does become a shitshow under my neglectful watch.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

stimpy wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:16 pm I would maybe consider taking a month off to see how "retirement" feels. If it's enough to recharge your batteries and your current company still needs your help, then taking the 2x salary and insurance deal. If a month doesnt cut it, just move on.
It will probably be an even better offer, quite frankly. Allowing them to keep continuity right now by giving you money and benefits you should have had access to for the last 10+ years is offensive. Let them twist in the wind for the next 2-3 months and see if they come back with something even more enticing.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

I'm 60 years old.
Quite a few of my friends and family have started retiring, some early.
Almost all of them say it is not what they expected and that they are considering part time work.
Some for the extra money. Some because they found out they have too much time on their hands.
I could definitely retire tomorrow, but one of the reasons I have no plans to retire early is because I like my job. I'm paid well. And I know I'd probably be bored out of my head after a few months.

2.5x salary plus paid health insurance? I could put up with alot of shit for that
He/Him/His/Porcupine
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:33 pm
It will probably be an even better offer, quite frankly. Allowing them to keep continuity right now by giving you money and benefits you should have had access to for the last 10+ years is offensive. Let them twist in the wind for the next 2-3 months and see if they come back with something even more enticing.
I have been well compensated over the years. (Though I didn't start that way) I just don't the temperament or energy and it's taken it's toll. There is the serious realization that they should have had two people after they cut back to one 2008/2009 but we're about 10 years too late mend that bridge, even if they were throwing a lot of money at me to keep things together that long. I'm broken.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:43 pm I'm broken.
Me too! I would retire tomorrow if I could. I completely appreciate your position and wouldn't be looking to adjust my timeline if I'd already mentally committed to the exit date. It's not about money for me anymore. I'm basically working at this point for Cadillac healthcare benefits. I'm doing everything I can to help others move forward, but for me? I'm done.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

The thought of doing what I'm doing for another 20+ years doesn't exactly fill me with joy. I seriously need to find another line of work as babysitting professionals is getting so f'n old. Project Management shouldn't require that you explain every single freaking little tiny damn detail. Lately we have so much turnover that it's almost pointless to assign work. I just end up doing 90% myself.

QA please test this system with this user for the basic functionality in this documentation attached.They reply that they need to know exactly every setting that they will be using and what to test. Sooooo me as not the QA dude is going to have to do what they can freaking do and login as the user and see what the f is turned on You can just go into the settings and there's freaking checkboxes of what is turned on for that user... Test that... FFFFFFFF.. I'm so going to punch someone. Good thing most of them are nowhere near my office.

Oh and at some point it was decided that the PMs would do the test plans for QA. That's like 100% not how it's supposed to work. :grund:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com