ISIS

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

funnygirl

Re: ISIS

Post by funnygirl »

naednek wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:08 am
Trump says they have confirmed it was him through some sort of testing.
Trump says a lot of things. I would be neither shocked nor surprised if at some point we learn that some deluded guy got the dubious honor of giving his life as a decoy while al-Baghdadi got away. I hope it’s the real deal but Trump supporters will be all over this when he needs them the most.
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The 41 most shocking lines from Donald Trump's Baghdadi announcement

Its my hope that he pisses them off enough for them to come after him and only him and his properties and hurt no one else. But cant expect that.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:53 pm The 41 most shocking lines from Donald Trump's Baghdadi announcement

Its my hope that he pisses them off enough for them to come after him and only him and his properties and hurt no one else. But cant expect that.
I'm actually amazed that none of his large properties outside the US have been attacked or threatened. Clearly he hasn't pissed of the rightwrong kind of people.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

gilraen wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:47 pm
Daehawk wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:53 pm The 41 most shocking lines from Donald Trump's Baghdadi announcement

I'm actually amazed that none of his large properties outside the US have been attacked or threatened. Clearly he hasn't pissed of the rightwrong kind of people.
As loathe as I am to invoke the "contractor on the death star defence" but whaddabout all the poor schlubs working there?
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

He hit the "crying and begging for his life" point so many times that I doubt it. Repetition is Trump's main technique for creating his followers' reality.
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

So this time he is really dead?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Kraken wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:28 pm
He hit the "crying and begging for his life" point so many times that I doubt it. Repetition is Trump's main technique for creating his followers' reality.
It seems unlikely that someone would strap on a suicide vest and then detonate it to avoid being taken alive while also begging for their life. It sounds like pure Trump codswallop to me.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Roman

Post by Roman »

Victoria Raverna wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:15 pm So this time he is really dead?
I have no idea what this website is - saw it on FB earlier tonight.
https://www.rt.com/russia/471984-trump- ... led-syria/
While feeding all the beasties out back I let a nice big fart. The smell followed all the way back to the house. It's like it was my baby and felt abandoned.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It’s Russian state-owned media.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Roman wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:19 pm
Victoria Raverna wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:15 pm So this time he is really dead?
I have no idea what this website is - saw it on FB earlier tonight.
https://www.rt.com/russia/471984-trump- ... led-syria/
RT = Russia Today. It's started as am English language news organization out of Moscow.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Max Peck wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:03 pm
It seems unlikely that someone would strap on a suicide vest and then detonate it to avoid being taken alive while also begging for their life. It sounds like pure Trump codswallop to me.
I haven't read of anyone contradicting him on that, yet, so this is just me being skeptical. People like Bagdaddy are usually keen on martyrdom. I haven't spent enough time with him to say how he would react when confronted with unexpected imminent death, but cowardice seems unlikely.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

If you want the other side, there's Polygraph.info
Polygraph.info is a United States Government funded website launched by Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty and Voice of America.
Of the types of western responses to the challenge of Kremlin media (exposure of Russian disinformation, engagement with endangered populations, enhancement of local media), the site is in the category "exposure of Russian disinformation", next to the Ukrainian StopFake and the European Union EEAS East Strategic Communication Task Force's EU vs Disinfo .
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

That statement . . . Wow. Just when I think Trump couldn’t possibly become any less presidential, he finds a way to lower the bar. That statement was disgusting on so many levels. Trump is such a complete and total embarrassment to this nation.

But here’s a question: If someone or some organization did go after Trump, what would your reaction be?

I don’t care about him or his property a bit, but I think I’d still object to any attacks or threats against him. Almost like when you have a family member that objectively sucks, but you don’t want outsiders taking shots at them. I feel like Trump is our problem, and we have to solve it. It’s on the American people to VOTE HIM OUT.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Kurth wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:58 am

That statement . . . Wow. Just when I think Trump couldn’t possibly become any less presidential, he finds a way to lower the bar. That statement was disgusting on so many levels. Trump is such a complete and total embarrassment to this nation.

But here’s a question: If someone or some organization did go after Trump, what would your reaction be?

I don’t care about him or his property a bit, but I think I’d still object to any attacks or threats against him. Almost like when you have a family member that objectively sucks, but you don’t want outsiders taking shots at them. I feel like Trump is our problem, and we have to solve it. It’s on the American people to VOTE HIM OUT.
Did I call for his building to be attacked? I am objectively surprised that there haven't been any threats (although there may have been threats that were caught and prevented so we don't know about them). if you can't tell the difference between the two statements, then that's your problem, not mine.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Kraken wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:17 pm People like Bagdaddy are usually keen on martyrdom. I haven't spent enough time with him to say how he would react when confronted with unexpected imminent death, but cowardice seems unlikely.
They're keen on the idea of martyrdom because it is an effective way to get footsoldiers to die for the cause. They usually don't buy into it for themselves.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

The kind of people internationally that would attack American owned properties would do so in an effort to harm America's image in the world. tRump does that every day. He is their biggest asset in a very real sense. His open Islamophobia and xenophobia have to be making it that much easier to recruit against America. Attacking him and risking reducing his popularity here would undermine their own interests. They won't do that, they are not rural America.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I don't want to see Trump harmed at the hands of terrorists. I want to see him go to prison. Not a club fed either. A pound you in the ass prison. With no SS detail or protection.

As far as his property goes. The terrorists can blow that shit up all day long. As long as its empty. Put people in it and the building now has value.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Remus West wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:45 am The kind of people internationally that would attack American owned properties would do so in an effort to harm America's image in the world. tRump does that every day. He is their biggest asset in a very real sense. His open Islamophobia and xenophobia have to be making it that much easier to recruit against America. Attacking him and risking reducing his popularity here would undermine their own interests. They won't do that, they are not rural America.
Well, I think attack on a Trump property risks making him a sympathetic figure. The last thing they want is unification behind this guy.

MYT
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

gilraen wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:10 am

Did I call for his building to be attacked? I am objectively surprised that there haven't been any threats (although there may have been threats that were caught and prevented so we don't know about them). if you can't tell the difference between the two statements, then that's your problem, not mine.
Dude. Chill. I never thought you were calling for attacks on Trump, and I don't think my post did anything to accuse you of that. I agree with you that it's surprising there haven't been more calls for that kind of action, and it led me to thinking a little more about how I would feel about it.

Sorry you misunderstood, but that was totally not an attack on you.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I don't think gilraen is a dude. Unless she is another of hepcat's alts.
Last edited by Jaymann on Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:11 pm I don't thing gilraen is a dude. Unless she is another of hepcat's alts.
:clap:
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:11 pm I don't thing gilraen is a dude. Unless she is another of hepcat's alts.
Either way, no offense intended.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:55 pm
Remus West wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:45 am The kind of people internationally that would attack American owned properties would do so in an effort to harm America's image in the world. tRump does that every day. He is their biggest asset in a very real sense. His open Islamophobia and xenophobia have to be making it that much easier to recruit against America. Attacking him and risking reducing his popularity here would undermine their own interests. They won't do that, they are not rural America.
Well, I think attack on a Trump property risks making him a sympathetic figure. The last thing they want is unification behind this guy.
I have to disagree with you here. I don't think they care if we unify around him. His retoric and international image make us a subject of mockery which in turn makes their job of recruitment easier. When he is quoted calling places "shithole countries" how many people go from on the fence to supporting our enemies? I'd say its a lot more than otherwise would have. If they blow up one of his buildings he is cowardly enough that he may just shut up and thereby cost them valuable sound bytes.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

God I hope not. That would be seriously disturbing.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Listen, after I got in trouble for creating the El Guapo, Lord Mortis, naednek, Lawbeef, IMLawBoy and em2nought alts, I learned my lesson! Now I just stick to my hepcat and Issgrimmur alts.
He won. Period.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Drazzil wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:49 pm I want to see him go to prison. Not a club fed either. A pound you in the ass prison.
Sure, because rape is a valid and worthy punishment in your eyes.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Kraken wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:17 pm
I haven't read of anyone contradicting him on that, yet, so this is just me being skeptical. People like Bagdaddy are usually keen on martyrdom. I haven't spent enough time with him to say how he would react when confronted with unexpected imminent death, but cowardice seems unlikely.
I believe I've seen two Defense officials (SecDef and one general) say on the record that they're not sure where Trump got the "begging and crying" detail, and both were in the Situation Room monitoring the feed.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Interesting Guardian report on the raid: apparently the units that actually cornered Baghdadi were the dog and a robot.
As a military robot crept towards him and a dog was dispatched to subdue him, Baghdadi was confronted by a dead end. He ignited his suicide vest, killing himself and his children and causing the tunnel to collapse, according to Trump. The dog was injured and retrieved by the commandos.
Makes me wish the robot had some sort of multi-Taser and the dog was unnecessary.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Holman wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:31 pm
I believe I've seen two Defense officials (SecDef and one general) say on the record that they're not sure where Trump got the "begging and crying" detail, and both were in the Situation Room monitoring the feed.
There are (at least) two obvious tells for when Trump is lying (besides that his lips are moving, hardy-har-har): One is when he says "Believe me, ____" and the other is when he repeats himself excessively.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Z-Corn wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:34 pm
Drazzil wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:49 pm I want to see him go to prison. Not a club fed either. A pound you in the ass prison.
Sure, because rape is a valid and worthy punishment in your eyes.
Live by the rape die by the rape.

Edit for: I don't hope the guy is raped to death in prison. I'd say that republican policies created the horrible conditions in the prisons. Given how our president is... Arguably a rapist, among the other terrible things he's done would to me at least be justice. I'm not saying he *should* be subject to such things. I'm just saying, throw him in gen pop with the conditions he and his ilk created and let him takes his chances

Fuck it.
Last edited by Drazzil on Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Kraken wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:52 pm
There are (at least) two obvious tells for when Trump is lying (besides that his lips are moving, hardy-har-har): One is when he says "Believe me, ____" and the other is when he repeats himself excessively.
Trump was just putting himself in Baghdadi's place and imagining his own reaction. When you're an international war criminal, being taking alive is probably not a desired outcome.
Black Lives Matter
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Jeff V wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:21 pm
Trump was just putting himself in Baghdadi's place and imagining his own reaction. When you're an international war criminal, being taking alive is probably not a desired outcome.
:lol:
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Jeff V wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:21 pm
I actually thought the same thing. Without empathy, narcissists can only project. That's exactly how Trump will behave when Pelosi and the sergeant-at-arms find his spider hole.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Earlier today the military refused to even release the name of the or gender that helped find and kill that terrorist leader and now tonight Trump is posting pics of the dog. Now every nut job and terrorist will try to kill every dog that even looks a bit like it.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
malchior

Post by malchior »

Luckily most dogs will not be surrounded by Delta force members so it'll be pretty easy to work it out.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

If the dog is too hurt to continue working, I hope Trump adopts him as the First Dog. I'm sure that would make some people happy. :flags-usa: :laughing-rolling:
Stop funding for NPR
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:41 am Earlier today the military refused to even release the name of the or gender that helped find and kill that terrorist leader and now tonight Trump is posting pics of the dog. Now every nut job and terrorist will try to kill every dog that even looks a bit like it.
Newsweek
When U.S. Army Special Forces soldiers with the secretive Joint Special Operations Command flew into Syria's northwestern Idlib province to capture or kill Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, a female Belgian Malinois was along for the ride in the historic military operation. His name is Conan, Newsweek has learned.
Multiple Defense Department sources confirmed to Newsweek on Monday that the dog's name is Conan.
Newsweek's senior Pentagon source said the dog was named for the comedian Conan O'Brien, and not the famed Barbarian.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

a female
his name
Wat? That's some stellar reporting there.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Remus West wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:16 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:55 pm
I have to disagree with you here. I don't think they care if we unify around him. His retoric and international image make us a subject of mockery which in turn makes their job of recruitment easier. When he is quoted calling places "shithole countries" how many people go from on the fence to supporting our enemies? I'd say its a lot more than otherwise would have. If they blow up one of his buildings he is cowardly enough that he may just shut up and thereby cost them valuable sound bytes.
Not just us (US citizens). What if it's a property in Scotland and there are a bunch of UK nationals and EU tourists killed? Lot of enemy of my enemy layers going on. What if it's his property in Istanbul?

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

a female Belgian Malinois... His name is
I'm having a hard time coming to terms with being told Dude is man a only pronoun and now you hit me with His is an appropriate pronoun for a female dog. I try very hard to be respectful for others but I'm getting too old to keep up or figure things out.